Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What shirt you wearing.....
Posted by: Darin75 ()
Date: July 17, 2019 01:02

At the Canada Rocks show I wore my Memphis Memorial Stadium ‘75 shirt!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 17, 2019 15:14

2003 Viking Tongue from Cirkus Stockholm.....Best. Show. Ever.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: July 17, 2019 15:35

'81 tour shirt, if it still fits (I was only 14!)

I wore it to an MSG show a few years back and whilst hanging out at Mustang Harrys before hand, I heard someone say "wow he saw them in '81!" i wanted to remind them they were already 20 years old by then, so it wasnt a big deal...now a mid 60s concert shirt (was that even a thing?) that'd be a very cool one to wear to a show now!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2019 01:59

HalfNanker

wear it regardless, it'll look like a baby T.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 18, 2019 02:03

Yeah wear it nanker …
itll highlight ya boobs …..

ROCKMAN

Date: July 18, 2019 14:34

Rockman
Yeah wear it nanker …

hey it fit the last time i wore it and no added weight since then!
still don't get the silly dragon on it though?!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 18, 2019 14:59

HalfNanker
Rockman
Yeah wear it nanker …

hey it fit the last time i wore it and no added weight since then!
still don't get the silly dragon on it though?!

I've seen that 1981 shirt.....I think the dragon is an adaptation of the 1973 tour poster for the shows that never were...........Cardiff & Pembroke Castles in Wales.....the local councils cancelled them at the last minute. The t shirt is, I would guess, a bootleg shirt.

The dragon is synonymous with Wales as it's on the National flag.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-18 19:07 by EddieByword.

Date: July 18, 2019 15:35

[wheretoget.it]

not a bootleg; bought inside MSG at the show i went to that year.
it was the official tour shirt in '81.

juts found it on ebay for $275; maybe i
should sell it instead of wearing it!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 18, 2019 19:12

HalfNanker
[wheretoget.it]

not a bootleg; bought inside MSG at the show i went to that year.
it was the official tour shirt in '81.

juts found it on ebay for $275; maybe i
should sell it instead of wearing it!

Oh yeah, 1981 not 1978 as I previously said......strange shirt design indeed..........esp. official....to lift a design from a different tour and one which was particular to a different country as well.....I guess someone thought it made sense..........................oh well................

Mind you, I wouldn't stand by much I thought and did in '81 so..........smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-18 19:15 by EddieByword.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 18, 2019 19:46

I never understood why anybody would wear a shirt from a different Band than the one in concert. I mean if you don't want to wear for example a Stones shirt at a Stones concert, fine, but why wear an Aerosmith or Kiss or Deep Purple shirt and not a neutral one? I just don't get it. It's like ok I am going to a rock concert, I just put a rock music shirt on. Why?

Posted by: tony ()
Date: July 18, 2019 19:57

3 ball Charlie shirt

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 18, 2019 20:40

Haven’t decided which ones yet, but at past concerts, I have had people offer to buy the shirt I was wearing, usually Steel Wheels tees.

Date: July 18, 2019 20:43

stickyfingers101

I was there too. It was a great show, but I don’t wear that shirt often. I somehow find it too loud. Use be that shade of blue

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 18, 2019 23:42

I (stones tongue logo) NY. From the Bridges to Babylon tour at Giant Stadium, October 1997.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: July 18, 2019 23:52

I was there as well, and I always buy a T-shirt from the show
Never seen a T-Shirt for Cirkus Stockholm. The only one I remember was the "Viking-helmet" for all 3 shows.
(I was at Cirkus Krone - Mûnchen and there it was a T-shirt for the club-show only)

Per Arne

Date: July 18, 2019 23:55

JadedFaded
stickyfingers101

I was there too. It was a great show, but I don’t wear that shirt often. I somehow find it too loud. Use be that shade of blue

Never seen a T-Shirt for Cirkus Stockholm. The only one I remember was the "Viking-helmet" for all 3 shows.
(I was at Cirkus Krone - Mûnchen and there it was a T-shirt for the club-show only)

Per Arne

Date: July 19, 2019 00:01

Per-Arne
JadedFaded
stickyfingers101

Never seen a T-Shirt for the club show at Cirkus Stockholm. The only one I remember was the blue "Viking" for all 3 shows. (It's awfull. I never use it)

(I was at Cirkus Krone - Mûnchen and there it was a T-shirt for the club-show only, and the was also a T-shirt for all the 3 shows)

Per Arne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-19 00:08 by Per-Arne.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 19, 2019 00:07

HalfNanker

I wore it to an MSG show a few years back and whilst hanging out at Mustang Harrys before hand, I heard someone say "wow he saw them in '81!" i wanted to remind them they were already 20 years old by then, so it wasnt a big deal...now a mid 60s concert shirt (was that even a thing?) that'd be a very cool one to wear to a show now!

Still got mine from Seattle on that tour..
Unfortunately, doesn't fit me anymore, but my son will be wearing it at the show here! Always been one of my faves cool smiley

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: July 19, 2019 01:54

I will be wearing my bejeweled British Tongue top for Santa Clara, probably purple 50th anniversary tee for Rose Bowl. Still hoping for Lucky Dips for Glendale.

Date: July 19, 2019 04:25

Per,I remember you! (unless it was a different guy named Per). We were all with that “Roll with the Stones in Stockholm” package. You were from Norway and it was your first time seeing the Stones, if I remember correctly. Yes, the Viking tongue t-shirts were for all three shows (stadium, arena and small theater).

Date: July 19, 2019 13:10

JadedFaded
Per,I remember you! (unless it was a different guy named Per). We were all with that “Roll with the Stones in Stockholm” package. You were from Norway and it was your first time seeing the Stones, if I remember correctly. Yes, the Viking tongue t-shirts were for all three shows (stadium, arena and small theater).

Per and Norway is correct, but I wasn't with “Roll with the Stones in Stockholm” package. ( I saw all 3 shows)
At that time I think I had seen about 25 shows. (It's 67 now and still counting!)

So I'm a different guy from Norway.smiling smiley

Per Arne

Date: July 19, 2019 13:38

JadedFaded
stickyfingers101

I only wear it to Stones concerts...it's less "loud" there, I reckon.

hope you got the bootleg from that show...outstanding quality from Crystal Cat and a regular on my playlist.

No idea if this link works or not...but, lemme know if you want/need the show. I can send you the Mp3s....

[vivalesbootlegs.blogspot.com]

Date: July 19, 2019 13:43

Per-Arne
JadedFaded
stickyfingers101

Per Arne

It's this one...

[uniim1.shutterfly.com]

I don't remember seeing it at the Arena show, but I don't remember spending much time checking out the merch either...so, there's that.

I didn't go to the Stadium show in Stockholm

so, not sure if this shirt was a "one-off" for the Cirkus only or was for all three shows in Stockholm....somebody w/ a better memory or better informed will know.

Cirkus sure was great, though....and that's the shirt I'll be wearing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-19 13:43 by stickyfingers101.

Date: July 19, 2019 14:27

stickyfingers101
Per-Arne
JadedFaded
stickyfingers101

Per Arne

It's this one...

[uniim1.shutterfly.com]

I don't remember seeing it at the Arena show, but I don't remember spending much time checking out the merch either...so, there's that.

I didn't go to the Stadium show in Stockholm

so, not sure if this shirt was a "one-off" for the Cirkus only or was for all three shows in Stockholm....somebody w/ a better memory or better informed will know.

Cirkus sure was great, though....and that's the shirt I'll be wearing!

I checked mine now, and it's lighter blue and have stated all 3 dates and places under "Stockholm Sweden" in front and it have all the 3 dates and places with 3 tounges and Stockholm 2003 on the back.

Date: July 19, 2019 19:27

Per-Arne
JadedFaded

Per and Norway is correct, but I wasn't with “Roll with the Stones in Stockholm” package. ( I saw all 3 shows)
At that time I think I had seen about 25 shows. (It's 67 now and still counting!)

So I'm a different guy from Norway.smiling smiley

Per Arne

Sorry! I think that Per’s last name began with a G.

Date: July 19, 2019 19:28

stickyfingers101
JadedFaded
stickyfingers101

I only wear it to Stones concerts...it's less "loud" there, I reckon.

hope you got the bootleg from that show...outstanding quality from Crystal Cat and a regular on my playlist.

No idea if this link works or not...but, lemme know if you want/need the show. I can send you the Mp3s....

[vivalesbootlegs.blogspot.com]

I do have the bootleg, thanks!

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: July 20, 2019 16:19

babyblue
What Stones shirt will you be wearing to their shows? This question is directed to not only New Orleans but the whole tour.

This is the shirt I wore to FedEx, and likely the one I will wear if I am able to get to another show or two.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 20, 2019 17:45

Love the color, onestep!

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: July 20, 2019 19:33

Thank you !
It’s cool —-I picked up a few during the Zip Code tour.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 20, 2019 20:03

The Dragon was on the stage floor design during the 1975 tour. Maybe it was Euro only?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home