Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cricket world cup
Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 14, 2019 23:13

Huge news for English - won cricket World Cup at Lords from the very first time ( even though they invented the game ) at least delay means Mick and Charlie could watch possibly one of the most exciting matches ever

Re: Cricket world cup
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 15, 2019 00:29

I'm sure Mick and Charlie would be watching in New Orleans…...at least some of this great day of one day cricket for England at Lords ,where I'm sure they are both members. smileys with beer

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 15, 2019 01:32

I seem to remember they get cricket streamed To them on tour but maybe no longer need special arrangements - i hope the Internet was not down - they would have hated to miss this one !

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: July 15, 2019 02:19

Mick is a member as shown in Being Mick, it's actually one of the better places to get a chance to meet him.

It was available worldwide and i'm sure Mick has a PayTV subscription for his home in Chelsea, so could access it over the NET. Or DirectTV would have had it available as a package

Wild Game, just stunning, so tight

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: July 15, 2019 02:36

I’m a huge cricket fan and that game was insane. It had everything and will go down in history as the best white ball game ever. I hope that Mick and Charlie watched it together. A game like that should be shared with others.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-15 02:38 by Scooby.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 15, 2019 07:02

The rest of the World Cup has been hidden behind Sky TV's paywall, so not so many people have watched it, but with England in the final, Sky were persuaded to allow it to be shown free to air. What an amazing match - you couldn't have written that in a script; people wouldn't believe it.

Date: July 15, 2019 07:49

Australian betting agency SportsBet is refunding all wagers on NZ, saying "It shouldn't be decided this way"

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-15 07:49 by SKILLS.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: July 15, 2019 09:37

SKILLS
Australian betting agency SportsBet is refunding all wagers on NZ, saying "It shouldn't be decided this way"

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

The rules of the tournament were known and agreed to by all teams before the start so there can be no complaints of 'unfairness'. But then, nobody expected the final to have to be decided by the super over rule.

A fantastic game to watch and a great advertisement for the game of cricket. A marketing master stroke by Sky in allowing the free-to- air broadcast of the final as many fans will now subscribe to their sports channels and Sky's coverage of the whole tournament has been first class

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 15, 2019 15:29

Unbelievable match.

Have to say New Zealand handled the loss in true sportsmanship. They NZ should be very proud of themselves.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 15, 2019 15:47

Could someone explain the controversy? I put this in Google translate but ho help:

The host nation won the final on a controversial boundary countback rule following tied scores after 102 overs of cricket.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: July 16, 2019 08:49

Rokyfan
Could someone explain the controversy? I put this in Google translate but ho help:

The host nation won the final on a controversial boundary countback rule following tied scores after 102 overs of cricket.

Read this [www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: July 16, 2019 15:16

Yep, it can go for 5, 6 hour days and end in a draw. In 5 Day Mode or

Incredible game, either the finest One Day International/ O.D.I/ or the craziest game ever played

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 16, 2019 21:33

It was great, but I prefer Test Matches. Test Matches are the Homeric epics of sport.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 16, 2019 22:47

i believe that makes England the only country to win a football, rugby and cricket world cup :-)
i'm not even a cricket fan bit felt a bit sick that last 10m mins - sport at its best

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home