Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What if you think your post has been deleted?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 12, 2019 05:34

Before you post one more time, if your think your post has been deleted, then do a "Search", and add your screen (login`) name into "Search Authors:". Then you will see all your own posts. Your post is probably just moved/merged.

Example: Some start a new thread about a song they like, or not like, on the set list, there could be hundreds of such threads, and in a week they will be gone, nowhere to be found, but as I add i.e merge them into the "Set list discussion" thread, they will be easy to find at all times.

See the link on the IORR home page:

Forum links
of interest

Bjornulf

Re: What if you think your post has been deleted?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 13, 2019 04:40

I've had that happen. Thought a post was deleted, and it was simply folded into a similar thread. No big deal. I've never felt censored on this board.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: July 13, 2019 05:09

I just did the search to look for one I started a couple of years ago. I started a “Ronnie Wood talk - what’s on your mind right now?” thread as an answer to the Mick Taylor thread of similar title. I guess it really did get deleted. It was never meant to be confrontational or to start trouble. I just started it because I really like and respect Ronnie Wood. I love Mick Taylor’s guitar playing, but he resigned, so I felt like Ronnie deserved an equal space for posts. But it went away.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 13, 2019 05:18

nonfilter
I just did the search to look for one I started a couple of years ago. I started a “Ronnie Wood talk - what’s on your mind right now?” thread as an answer to the Mick Taylor thread of similar title. I guess it really did get deleted. It was never meant to be confrontational or to start trouble. I just started it because I really like and respect Ronnie Wood. I love Mick Taylor’s guitar playing, but he resigned, so I felt like Ronnie deserved an equal space for posts. But it went away.

Was closed not deleted.. (search all dates)
Explanation here:
[iorr.org]

Date: July 13, 2019 05:22

Threads may be merged or closed, and I may change the title, if it is misleading. Still, I do rarely delete anything here on IORR. Most people are nice and think before they post. A minimum of moderation should be expected, otherwise anarchy will take over.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 13, 2019 06:12

I was wondering about the nice topic of the song IORR itself studio vs live- what happened?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 13, 2019 08:36

Chris Fountain
I was wondering about the nice topic of the song IORR itself studio vs live- what happened?

Merged into the catch-all Set List Discussions thread.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 13, 2019 17:17

Green Lady
Chris Fountain

Sometimes it's nice to let the thread stay on the main page under its original title for open discussion until it fizzles or for a few days. At that point merging can make sense. But if it is buried into a general topic after a day or so, most people will forget about it and stop responding.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 13, 2019 18:13

The Sicilian
Green Lady
Chris Fountain

Sometimes it's nice to let the thread stay on the main page under its original title for open discussion until it fizzles or for a few days. At that point merging can make sense. But if it is buried into a general topic after a day or so, most people will forget about it and stop responding.
Or they will think it has been deleted for some reason. Those of us who have been here a while know what is likely to have happened, but for many people the IORR topic has just vanished without trace. Thanks bv for starting this thread, which at least gives people a clue where and how to look.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: July 13, 2019 21:12

bv
Threads may be merged or closed, and I may change the title, if it is misleading. Still, I do rarely delete anything here on IORR. Most people are nice and think before they post. A minimum of moderation should be expected, otherwise anarchy will take over.

Very fair post. Thank you for the way you run this forum. Much better than having a large staff of moderators who each have their own ideas about what is acceptable from a rule book that is pages and pages in length.

Date: July 14, 2019 10:11

But a track talk belongs in the track talk-thread, imo. Or else that post will be very hard to find again later on.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 14, 2019 12:55

I think there should be a thread dedicated to live versus studio spanning all music. It is a great topic. For example if I hear the studio version of Led Zeppelin's Misty Mountain Hop or Blackdog, these songs are so damn good that
I feel like they are playing live when I jack the volume up.

Date: July 14, 2019 13:38

Chris Fountain
I think there should be a thread dedicated to live versus studio spanning all music. It is a great topic. For example if I hear the studio version of Led Zeppelin's Misty Mountain Hop or Blackdog, these songs are so damn good that
I feel like they are playing live when I jack the volume up.

Could definitely work, Chris. But someone (with a lot of time on his/her hands) would have to set it up and continue the work..

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 14, 2019 14:45

Thanks BV.

I am sometimes a little provocative but always respectful and polite, it is what I really appreciate on this forum always interesting with a very good level of discussion.

bv

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-14 14:45 by powerage78.

Date: July 14, 2019 17:44

I have been looking for a more modern forum solution, where you may have keywords, structure and system, but every time I find something new, there are some limitations, it is more expensive, or there is a new tour on, so until there is a break, or I find something better one day, this very basic forum, which is now twenty years old, will do the trick for still a while.

Remember, if you try to find something, google search should be pretty good if you add "site:iorr.org" to the search terms. Example:

rolling stones istanbul site:iorr.org

rolling stones memory motel boston site:iorr.org

rolling stones iorr ian stewart site:iorr.org

It is all there, just try a smart search, and you will find it. But search is all about titles, that is why I always make sure titles are relevand for future search, and a title like "Guess what?" does not make any sense for search.

Bjornulf

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 14, 2019 18:04

bv
I have been looking for a more modern forum solution, where you may have keywords, structure and system, but every time I find something new, there are some limitations, it is more expensive, or there is a new tour on, so until there is a break, or I find something better one day, this very basic forum, which is now twenty years old, will do the trick for still a while.

Remember, if you try to find something, google search should be pretty good if you add "site:iorr.org" to the search terms. Example:

rolling stones istanbul site:iorr.org

rolling stones memory motel boston site:iorr.org

rolling stones iorr ian stewart site:iorr.org

It is all there, just try a smart search, and you will find it. But search is all about titles, that is why I always make sure titles are relevand for future search, and a title like "Guess what?" does not make any sense for search.

Bjornulf, the use of an ancient olde platform (in IT terms) is part of the charm of it, in my view. I've met many other users of the board and I get the impression many others think the same. It's quirky and fun.

Please Keep it as it is winking smiley thumbs up

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 15, 2019 10:14

bv
this very basic forum, which is now twenty years old, will do the trick for still a while.

I sure hope so. In all those years I got used to it. And I reached a certain age now where I don't like changes smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 15, 2019 10:48

As they say ----- Only Wet Babies Like Change

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home