Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Intro played at the start of the No Filter US 2019 shows
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 12, 2019 05:27

The intro they play before the band go on stage on this US tour 2019 sounds like an up tempo mixed version of the French Hymne National France - La marseillaise... Or is my memory mixed up her?

Bjornulf

Re: Intro played at the start of the No Filter US 2019 shows
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 05:34

BV-There is definitely a bit of the US National Anthem in there as the screen paints a No Filtet color version of the US flag with rhe Stones tongue incorporated. Stay safe in NOLA my friend.

Posted by: doster ()
Date: July 12, 2019 06:34

And a different song in the open for Canada.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 06:34 by doster.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 12, 2019 18:48

It's a kind of frightening military beat. I liked the one better they used last year. It was more intriguing and less over the top and lasted only 30 seconds

Date: July 12, 2019 18:53

[www.youtube.com] slowly painting it black

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 18:54 by Nikkei.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 12, 2019 18:54

There will never be a better intro than the instrumental part of "Continental Swift". The mother of all intros - taylor-made.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 18:56 by HMS.

Date: July 12, 2019 18:59

I find the No Security Intro (Might as well get juiced loop) the best. I was 10 years old and actually believed that was happening live [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 12, 2019 19:05

TumblinDice76
BV-There is definitely a bit of the US National Anthem in there as the screen paints a No Filtet color version of the US flag with rhe Stones tongue incorporated. Stay safe in NOLA my friend.

Loved this when I first heard it at the opener.
National Anthem segueing right into SFM... was fantastic!

While not exactly an outright political statement by the band, it added a little extra something to the opening song imo.

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: July 12, 2019 19:14

HMS
There will never be a better intro than the instrumental part of "Continental Swift". The mother of all intros - taylor-made.

First time I saw the Stones, at the age of 16, was at Shea Stadium on the Steel Wheels tour. The moment in time when Continental Drift ended, the pyrotechnics went off, and Keith ripped into SMU is forever imprinted in my head. This stands out as one of the best concert openings I've ever seen... I wore out my VHS copy of the Atlantic City Pay-Per-View afterwards, replaying that over and over again.

Voodoo was pretty damn cool too with the Not Fade Away beat.

I did like the Star Spangled Banner tease in the current intro... Totally not expecting it, and I would agree that it set the stage for Street Fighting Man (at least at Chicago 1, the only show I've seen this tour so far).

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 13, 2019 19:12

Not thrilled with the intro for this tour at all! Loved " Fanfare For The Common Man" by Copeland for the 1975 Tour intro and Continental Drift but this one is NOT GOOD, IMO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1656
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home