Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Downloading YouTube videos
Posted by: lovingcup22 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 03:26

Hello,

I've been trying to download some videos from Gillette show and keep getting error messages saying cannot download. I'm using 4K video downloader, which works on other videos on YT. Does anyone have an idea why I'm getting these errors? Can YT stop people downloading certain videos?
Thanks for any and all advice!

Re: Downloading YouTube videos
Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 12, 2019 04:48

Is it possible you are trying to Download at a bitrate above the videos actual bitrate? What is the exact error message? Try another site, google YouTube to mp3 and those sites usually allow video download as well as audio. Keepvid.com was a site I used to use, but sure if it’s still about if so try that.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 12, 2019 05:23

I always use youtube-dl, maybe that will work for you?

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 12, 2019 07:22

Try AVC (Any Video Converter). I use it as my main app for grabbing YouTube videos. It usually works for any video, but sometimes a video can't be downloaded. I then try 4k to download the video. On another note, MediaHuman YouTube to MP3 converter is a great way to grab a song off of YouTube.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 12, 2019 11:25

lovingcup22

Does anyone have an idea why I'm getting these errors? Can YT stop people downloading certain videos?

Looks like that YouTube changes their internal data structures a bit from time to time. I'm using 'youtube-dl.sh' since many years too and it was in the past also suddenly not able to download the Videos - but after an Update to the latest version everything went fine again. So try to update your YT-Downloader ....

Date: July 12, 2019 14:02

Koen
I always use youtube-dl, maybe that will work for you?

I use youtube-dl as well from the command line or youtube-dl-gui which is the same thing but with a graphical user interface.

The source code of the youtube-dl software is open to see / or even to alter.

So,it seems to be the safest option.

Maybe if you are using a mobile phone,you would need some of those other options but,youtube-dl works with all of the major desktop operating systems.

Posted by: lovingcup22 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 15:33

Thank you, everybody. Some great tips here! You guys are the best!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 15:39

If you use jdownloader, you can download all original files. Some other programes convert the Video Files.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home