Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: The Raconteurs Album Release Party 2019
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 8, 2019 15:39

this is a rock n roll show that moves me....isn't this what rock n roll is supposed to sound and feel like?....The Raconteurs...
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-19 17:34 by bv.

Re: I love the Stones....but
Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: July 8, 2019 15:42

...lets see what they can do when they're 75.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 8, 2019 15:47

Rip This
I love the Stones....but

No buts !

Get your coat and leave ! [grinning smiley only kidding]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 15:48 by Spud.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 8, 2019 15:51

They're good but you call that rock'n'roll?
Then rock'n'roll got very clean
Rock'n'roll is supposed to be dirty and nasty
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 8, 2019 15:53

Sorry Rip This but...
NO.

It is a version of rock, sure. But certainly not a definitive one...
And I simply do not get why you feel compelled to compare this to the Stones.

(and you initially spelled the name of the band wrong)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 16:08 by Kurt.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 8, 2019 15:59

Rip This
this is a rock n roll show that moves me....isn't this what rock n roll is supposed to sound and feel like?....The Racontours...
[www.youtube.com]

Yeah i hear ya, found this the other day, reminded me of Rock band with a bit of passion.

Pistols Brixton academy , starts at about 1.45 seconds in.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 8, 2019 16:05

Rip This
The Raconteurs...

Sub Black Crowes? Frankly I'm getting tired who make bad copies of the best of 70's rock had to offer. i'd rather listen to gys to try to move forward (Josh Homme or Trent Reznor).

Date: July 8, 2019 16:05

Exactly right Keithsman... I’m just saying Im in love with the energy and what it brings up in me...maybe it is time to make a decision. This band brings it.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 8, 2019 16:08

Rip This
Exactly right Keithsman... I’m just saying Im in love with the energy and what it brings up in me...maybe it is time to make a decision. This band brings it.

Make a decision to do what?

They are a pre-manufactured band set up on a whim for Jack to save face when his solo career starts tanking. Enjoy the few months of activity then prepare for hibernation.
Flashes of brilliance followed by cold dead air.

Not buying it this time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 16:20 by Kurt.

Date: July 8, 2019 16:12

Rip This

Yes i just listened to it all the way through, brilliant, cheers for that, this band Rocks, just ordering some of their stuff online as we speak thumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 16:45

Well, yes, in 1978...

StonedRambler
[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 8, 2019 16:51

powerage78
Well, yes, in 1978...

StonedRambler
[www.youtube.com]

Watching that makes me think the Stones last night were more like the Counterfit Stones winking smiley

It was like the Stones were phoning in a copy of a phone in gig doing an impression of a phone in show while semi conscious, i felt tired just watching it. There were so many cracks in the show i thought we were experiencing an earthquake. And to think they have 5 days and nights to catch up on sleep between shows. Seriously though 75 year old's have to pace themselves too much for 2 hours and 10 minutes, would it not be better to deliver a 90 minute show more energetically. If they peaked at show number 3 lord knows what it's going to be like by show 17. Sleepwalking by numbers ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 17:15 by keithsman.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: July 8, 2019 17:56

This is my idea of a R & R club show....

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 8, 2019 18:04

snorton

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs uphot smiley

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 8, 2019 18:07

...I prefer Mozart!

Date: July 8, 2019 18:44

snorton

[www.youtube.com]

Yeah fantastic, i used to have that years ago, nice to see what they can do in such a small space, love it, Keith and Ronnie reversed rolls since then, Ronnie just clinging on back then.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 8, 2019 22:17

I'm glad the Raconteurs were resurrected with a hard, rock edge. First around they were writing compelling little pop songs, without showcasing Jack's massive guitar capabilities. They're playing here in Los Angeles on July 26th at the Greek. I saw them in 2006, but if they're rocking this hard, I might have to go see them again.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 23:11

You've Keith but no Ronnie.
You've got Ronnie but not Keith.

Great random formula.
Lottery.

keithsman
snorton

[www.youtube.com]

Yeah fantastic, i used to have that years ago, nice to see what they can do in such a small space, love it, Keith and Ronnie reversed rolls since then, Ronnie just clinging on back then.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 9, 2019 00:12

Kurt
Rip This

Make a decision to do what?

They are a pre-manufactured band set up on a whim for Jack to save face when his solo career starts tanking. Enjoy the few months of activity then prepare for hibernation.
Flashes of brilliance followed by cold dead air.

Not buying it this time.

Nothing could be less true. They date back to 2006, for one thing (I have no idea what pre-manufactured means, they've all played together in different bands for decades), and his solo career was in no danger of tanking when this tour was booked.

I saw the band last Thursday and they are killer live. Seeing them again this weekend.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 9, 2019 00:43

I loves the Stones an' all butt............( or butty, Welsh for 'mate'.............apparently the word then evolved into "buddy" after Pennsylvania citizens heard it from the Welsh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-09 00:45 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 9, 2019 00:54

I love the Stones …… butts ……

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts has
described Mick Jagger's backside as "one of the finest views in the country."

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 9, 2019 01:05

This is every warm up band I saw during the entire 1970s.

Date: July 9, 2019 01:54

instead of discussing the merits of playing new and interesting music, or a band taking risks, or the fact that Jack White is out there trying...against many odds....the thread as most others on here is teetering on taking an unfortunate downward spiral...sorry but to me this band (The Raconteurs) sound like they ARE killing IT....regardless of whether you think they are talented or not..

Date: July 9, 2019 01:54

lem motlow
This is every warm up band I saw during the entire 1970s.

Wow. You were lucky. The opener was better than most of the bands. I'd certainly see the Raconteurs before Kansas. Or Alice Cooper.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 9, 2019 02:06

snorton

[www.youtube.com]

Yessss$sass. Point made and taken. Fantastic show. The stones are kings; nowadays Mick would make a 40 year old Elvis envious!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 9, 2019 02:06

I love the Stones....but..
If this is a prime example of a current alternative.. I love them even more cool smiley

Good stuff.. not great however, and not in the same stratosphere as the Stones, regardless of the era.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 02:26

stones will always be the best band ever.

form is temporary, class is permanent.

Date: July 9, 2019 04:19

buttons67
stones will always be the best band ever.

form is temporary, class is permanent.

As much as I love the 1962-1991 Stones, the moniker 'best band ever' is really a testament to the lameness of the competition. Led Zeppelin lasted maybe ten years? The good Who, 14? The Police maybe 7? Only the Stones were able to put together that long run from 1962-1989. I guess what you'd call them now if 'Greatest Hits Band' of all time. Only that's not really true since they only play about 20 of them.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 9, 2019 04:23

Rip This
instead of discussing the merits of playing new and interesting music, or a band taking risks, or the fact that Jack White is out there trying...against many odds....the thread as most others on here is teetering on taking an unfortunate downward spiral...sorry but to me this band (The Raconteurs) sound like they ARE killing IT....regardless of whether you think they are talented or not..

thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2019 04:42

'Greatest Hits Band' of all time.

Nice, I like it! smiling smiley

And since they only play about 20 of them (out of many more), that's really testament to their overall greatness and vast catalogue.
I think "Best band ever" is still appropriate considering the longevity, the massive catalogue, and the fact they're still touring after all these years.

And 24FPS - I do recommend you see them just one more time on this current tour as they really are better than they've been for quite some time - Chicago #2 was excellent!
As I've been known to point out their misgivings when it's deserved (crappy records, poor performances, etc.), I can honestly say they are pretty darn great in a live setting right now.
I was convinced that one or two shows would be more than enough, and then committing to see four of them would be a test of my patience, but now I'm thinking of seeing more than the four I originally had planned!
Sure it's filled with warhorses, and yes they're basically a "Greatest Hits band" lol, but it's 2019, they're 75+ yrs old, and they're rocking the house!
Don't believe me? Then go see for yourself - almost guaranteed you will be at least somewhat impressed, and no doubt will have a fun time!

EDIT - As for the Raconteurs?
Not much to say other than they have a couple of decent tunes, but wouldn't go too far out of my way to see them, or put them anywhere near the same category as the Rolling Stones and other classic rock bands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-09 04:44 by Hairball.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home