Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718
Current Page: 18 of 18
Re: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: July 11, 2019 13:42

mickschix
I confess to being a bit too absorbed in my photo taking, thinking it might be my last time seeing MY BAND....this was my 40th Stones concert..I took over 600 photos, which I will treasure forever..BUT you can't be listening, watching & taking photos AND participating all at once....and the fans around me were ALL taking photos and not singing & dancing as much..this was section 109 row A. I do wish I was more PRESENT...and singing more...and I hope Mick could still feel all of the powerful positive energy we generated. As far as nit-picking every note, I do think it is a bit overdone. The review that called " Play With Fire" RAGGED disturbed me because I thought it was beautifully performed!! It sounded like the recording with Mick articulating each word to give it that Victorian feel...RAGGED it was NOT! Maybe another reason for LESS audience participation during RAMBLER is the fact that we ( the fans who have seen dozens of shows) remember that RAMBLER was once a real show-stopper..with Mick slapping the stage with his studded belt and crawling across the stage, VERY MENACING....so of course the crowd SCREAMED! Now, it is TOO TAME! I am not going to be guilty of what I just accused folks of doing....nit-picking so I'll end by saying that I cried when I saw the band take the stage...especially seeing Mick racing to center stage after that horribly scary time we all just went through...wondering if he'd be Ok...to see him ALIVE & WELL, I cried tears of joy....and I am eternally grateful for everything that the Rolling Stones have given to me, all of the moments of pleasure, awe, surprise, happiness and the awareness that I have lived through some of the most powerful rock'n roll EVER PERFORMED! We are all blessed and we should NEVER forget that....mistakes and all...God Bless The Rolling Stones. It doesn't get any better than this!
What a beautiful post. Bless you.

Re: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 11, 2019 19:20

What a most wonderful performance by my favorite band of all time The Rolling Stones . Highlights for were YCAGWYW which featured a tremendous solo by Ronnie Wood , Ride Em On Down with special Guest Gary Clark Jr. who delivered and then some I tell you ! Keith the Human Riff Master performing the most amazing solo on Honky Tonk and bless him and his magical hands and fingers plying his trade on his Fender Telecaster . It was such a warm beautiful summer evening and the song still reverberating in my ears and mind was Keith Richards masterpiece Slipping Away which I shall remember forever and was so poignant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: July 11, 2019 19:53

Maindefender
Another observation from Sunday night: Keith holds his white guitar pick in his mouth on songs where he alternates fingers and pick. Has he been doing this for some time now? (Not a critique)

Been doing it for a long time... sometimes more noticeable than others.

Date: July 11, 2019 20:05

mickschix
I confess to being a bit too absorbed in my photo taking, thinking it might be my last time seeing MY BAND....this was my 40th Stones concert..I took over 600 photos, which I will treasure forever..BUT you can't be listening, watching & taking photos AND participating all at once....and the fans around me were ALL taking photos and not singing & dancing as much..this was section 109 row A. I do wish I was more PRESENT...and singing more...and I hope Mick could still feel all of the powerful positive energy we generated. As far as nit-picking every note, I do think it is a bit overdone. The review that called " Play With Fire" RAGGED disturbed me because I thought it was beautifully performed!! It sounded like the recording with Mick articulating each word to give it that Victorian feel...RAGGED it was NOT! Maybe another reason for LESS audience participation during RAMBLER is the fact that we ( the fans who have seen dozens of shows) remember that RAMBLER was once a real show-stopper..with Mick slapping the stage with his studded belt and crawling across the stage, VERY MENACING....so of course the crowd SCREAMED! Now, it is TOO TAME! I am not going to be guilty of what I just accused folks of doing....nit-picking so I'll end by saying that I cried when I saw the band take the stage...especially seeing Mick racing to center stage after that horribly scary time we all just went through...wondering if he'd be Ok...to see him ALIVE & WELL, I cried tears of joy....and I am eternally grateful for everything that the Rolling Stones have given to me, all of the moments of pleasure, awe, surprise, happiness and the awareness that I have lived through some of the most powerful rock'n roll EVER PERFORMED! We are all blessed and we should NEVER forget that....mistakes and all...God Bless The Rolling Stones. It doesn't get any better than this!

First concert EVER played at Gillette for any music was Licks and that Rambler was so good (memorable) as he donned a black hoodie and as like decades before he assumed the role...
it was one of the more (most) memorable versions of mine since 75. He owned that stage and what makes (IMO) this 12 minute blues/rock opera so good is his getting into character.
Not the faster paced versions we get at times but a real raw performance. Its so obvious how every member feeds off him. And the audience too...
BUT the age of iPhones is changing some of this and not for the better. (again IMO)

Every show since 89 one can walk away nit picking... heck almost every intro to CYHMK during Licks started as a train wreck but by mid point it was such a joy too hear after decades without none of that mattered much. So to me I did my best to keep phone in my pocket and soak in all the Mental Pictures I could as this ride isn't for ever. The conductor is collecting tickets now...

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 03:27 by chevysales.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 11, 2019 20:53

I'm glad you appreciate my perspective, drwatts....only age and 40 Stones shows could bring me to that point.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 11, 2019 21:18

For her sake I hope it’s the lady behind Dev with the turquoise pants and not the one in the dress behind Melanie.

Funny stuff right there!smiling smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 12, 2019 09:53

Um,lotta questions in there but if you know all that ,you know enough.

I can tie up some loose ends by saying the band changed when they became a stadium act.
We have a thread about Ronnie goofing around and talk of Keith being animated or not.
My first tour Mick crawled and whipped the stage,this depraved madman in heavy make up.there was no need for the guitar players to do anything other than play in the limited space they stood.

That was 75 - the next two tours Rambler was dropped,and for good reason.as Mick said “oh now he’s gonna hit the stage with his belt(rolls eyes)”
18000 people were riveted but the band had moved on.

In 78 and 81 they were finding a balance,the bar band playing to 80,000.the sound was good,a scattershot of monster songs from Some Girls to Tattoo You and probably the time the much maligned hot rocks set was diminished the most.

One of the things I regret the most was coining the phrase “Vegas Stones” on stonesdougs site in the early 2000s.
I never expected it to catch on,it was something I said in a moment of irritation and it was idiotic,i regret it to this day.

In 89 the band became perfect-they mastered the stadium show,brought the early era,the middle and 78-82 era together.they brought a bigger sound by adding backing singers,keyboards and a horn section to fill the giant spaces.
Fans who could have never scored a ticket in an arena could go see the best band ever.it was beautiful and it is to this day.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 13:27

Whaaat you invented the Vegas term?? I was always wondering where that came from! ^^

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 12, 2019 13:51

I thought al gore invented vegas stones.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 15:31

Stonesfan2146
Whaaat you invented the Vegas term?? I was always wondering where that came from! ^^
Sounds like Bobby Valentine claiming he invented the sandwich wrap.

Date: July 12, 2019 17:30

Rokyfan

he did smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 17:30 by chevysales.

Date: July 12, 2019 17:47

chevysales
Rokyfan

he did smiling smiley
I thought he invented clapping awkwardly and out of time to Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop".

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 13, 2019 01:03

Al Gore caused the climate crisis with all his hot air about inventing the
internet.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 13, 2019 01:58

beachbreak

For her sake I hope it’s the lady behind Dev with the turquoise pants and not the one in the dress behind Melanie.

Funny stuff right there!smiling smiley

HaHa...yes indeed.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 13, 2019 19:07

Peter Wolf:
Reelin’ and Rockin’ backstage with RollingStones officialKeef Charlie Watts ronniewood
[twitter.com]

Date: July 13, 2019 19:13

That's some spliff Keith has there.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 13, 2019 19:16

keefriff99
That's some spliff Keith has there.
Indeed smoking smiley

Date: July 13, 2019 19:40

Can't believe Peter Wolf is 73...he looks great.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718
Current Page: 18 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home