Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 17 of 18
Re: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 10, 2019 01:06

For those offended by Micks joke, say hi to George when your
plane lands.

Re: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 10, 2019 01:06

stickyfingers101
bv
I would not worry for a second about what kind of jokes Mick is doing on stage. No need to start WW III here just because he makes a joke on stage.

In fact, on this tour, all the way from Chicago, at every show, Mick has used his local advisors to make jokes about every politician "in town" who did something strange or said something strange.

No need to jump the gun really, just laugh or ignore. It is sarcasm and irony, hard to figure out, I know, just ignone if you don't like what he says on stage, but please no WW3 here. Life is too short to worry about what Mick is saying on stage about people one way or the other. Anyway, if it is getting political, I will just delete everything said on that political subject anyway. We live in wonderland, and it is called Stonesland.

PS. If you feel something is offensive on IORR, just send an e-mmail to iorr@arena.no - explaining what thead (link) and what statement (quote/copy).

Thanks for your understanding and mutual respect.

PS. I just love the US of America. It is great, with and without The Rolling Stones. Seriously.

Thanks, buddy! America loves you too...with or without the Stones!

I'm really fortunate. I spend my time here in the US and Canada. I live on the two best countries in the world!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 10, 2019 06:05

dennycranium

I'm really fortunate. I spend my time here in the US and Canada. I live on the two best countries in the world!

Well may be after Norway. I go home after the tour...

Bjornulf

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 10, 2019 06:27

dennycranium
stickyfingers101
bv
I would not worry for a second about what kind of jokes Mick is doing on stage. No need to start WW III here just because he makes a joke on stage.

In fact, on this tour, all the way from Chicago, at every show, Mick has used his local advisors to make jokes about every politician "in town" who did something strange or said something strange.

No need to jump the gun really, just laugh or ignore. It is sarcasm and irony, hard to figure out, I know, just ignone if you don't like what he says on stage, but please no WW3 here. Life is too short to worry about what Mick is saying on stage about people one way or the other. Anyway, if it is getting political, I will just delete everything said on that political subject anyway. We live in wonderland, and it is called Stonesland.

PS. If you feel something is offensive on IORR, just send an e-mmail to iorr@arena.no - explaining what thead (link) and what statement (quote/copy).

Thanks for your understanding and mutual respect.

PS. I just love the US of America. It is great, with and without The Rolling Stones. Seriously.

Thanks, buddy! America loves you too...with or without the Stones!

oh really? that is rather presumptuous. I could say more, but I don't want BV to come down on me.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 10, 2019 06:29

OK, excuse the cross-posting but here is my frustration:

Is there a single COMPLETE live show for 2019 on You Tube?? Boston or any other? I just got frustrated looking and looking for one. A song here and there yes. I think the Stones/UMG is removing these due to copyright issues like they did to Midimannz. And maybe it is like the NFL blackout policy because they just want people to go to the shows instead of watching them at home on Youtube. Well maybe that's a stretch, but good god, there's got to be SOMETHING out there!! Help!!!

plexi

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 10, 2019 07:02

MisterDDDD
dennycranium
As far as the Trump thing goes?
Mick was just "taking the piss" as brits like to do.My ex is from Liverpool and all we would do is go to the pub and make fun of each other.
He did a similar gag last Saturday in BurlsCreek about the Ontario Premier Doug Ford.

Mick makes topical jokes at every venue.. often political but not always.
In Chicago he made jokes about a local council-person who was heading to jail.

I also liked the lead in to YCAGWYW in Chicago as well.. "This one is pretty popular at rallies" cool smiley Mick's jokes/jabs often sail over most of the audiences head which only adds to the comedic moments imo. Hilarious.

OMG, I missed that one! Was that Chicago 1 or 2, MisterDDDD? Priceless. grinning smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 10, 2019 07:47

custom55
EVERYTHING about the Gillette stadium show was perfect.

I stay with this for the start and the rest of the day.smiling smiley

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 10, 2019 09:01

timbernardis
OK, excuse the cross-posting but here is my frustration:

Is there a single COMPLETE live show for 2019 on You Tube?? Boston or any other? I just got frustrated looking and looking for one. A song here and there yes. I think the Stones/UMG is removing these due to copyright issues like they did to Midimannz. And maybe it is like the NFL blackout policy because they just want people to go to the shows instead of watching them at home on Youtube. Well maybe that's a stretch, but good god, there's got to be SOMETHING out there!! Help!!!

plexi

They are coming in force. I posted my videos and instantly had 4 copyright notices. I tried the "fair use" appeal and it seemed to work, but 3 days later I got another two... I tried the same appeal... it was declined. They were filed by UMG, LatinAutor - SonyATV, LatinAutor, EMI Music Publishing and more. I understand, it is fair, it is their stuff, but it used to be they let most videos stay up. I was really appreciative for that... but the good days seem to be gone. And with people complaining about camera and phones and all maybe it doesn't matter.

Here is one for Rambler at Foxboro still up, making sure I am on topic.
[www.youtube.com]

And btw- upon close examination at 7:40 going forward, there is NO WAY that is some kind of "old age mistake thing" which so many people were ranting about with Keith. It is absolutely a prank/funny on Mick. At 7:40 they are being chummy and then Mick goes out... and BOOM!!! Keith messes with him. The smiles after show it. That is the guys being loose, easy, going with it and having fun. I find it very funny... and a really good thing. A sense of humor is a great sign.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 09:19 by Xam.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 10, 2019 11:00

I like the shirt Mick is wearing of tongue.is this one of shirts on mdse table?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 10, 2019 11:21

Another observation from Sunday night: Keith holds his white guitar pick in his mouth on songs where he alternates fingers and pick. Has he been doing this for some time now? (Not a critique)

Date: July 10, 2019 11:43

Maindefender
Another observation from Sunday night: Keith holds his white guitar pick in his mouth on songs where he alternates fingers and pick. Has he been doing this for some time now? (Not a critique)

Since 1969.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 10, 2019 13:14

angee
MisterDDDD
dennycranium
Mick was just "taking the piss" as brits like to do.My ex is from Liverpool and all we would do is go to the pub and make fun of each other.
He did a similar gag last Saturday in BurlsCreek about the Ontario Premier Doug Ford.

I also liked the lead in to YCAGWYW in Chicago as well.. "This one is pretty popular at rallies" cool smiley Mick's jokes/jabs often sail over most of the audiences head which only adds to the comedic moments imo. Hilarious.

OMG, I missed that one! Was that Chicago 1 or 2, MisterDDDD? Priceless. grinning smiley

Neither. It was Washington.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 10, 2019 13:38

Green Lady
angee
MisterDDDD
dennycranium

Neither. It was Washington.

Or it could have been Washington.. winking smiley
Coulda swore it was Chicago 1, but I defer to GL.. as it's not a local jab, wondering now if he repeated it.. either way, funny. cool smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 10, 2019 14:04

DandelionPowderman
Maindefender

Since 1969.

Lol okay sir...smileys with beer

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 10, 2019 14:32

Xam

Here is one for Rambler at Foxboro still up, making sure I am on topic.
[www.youtube.com]

And btw- upon close examination at 7:40 going forward, there is NO WAY that is some kind of "old age mistake thing" which so many people were ranting about with Keith. It is absolutely a prank/funny on Mick. At 7:40 they are being chummy and then Mick goes out... and BOOM!!! Keith messes with him. The smiles after show it. That is the guys being loose, easy, going with it and having fun. I find it very funny... and a really good thing. A sense of humor is a great sign.

Yeah, I agree. It was Keith telling Mick to quit fooling around get back to the song
they were actually doing (in case Mick might have forgotten).

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: July 10, 2019 14:50

ThroughTheLonelyNights
mnewman505
Some "random" fans enjoying the show! smiling smiley

Thanks for sharing and good to see Octavian seems to be impressed what´s going on at his dad´s "office"....

Is that Jane Rose photobombing in the background?

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Date: July 10, 2019 15:09

Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Maindefender

Since 1969.

Started that with HTW, I think.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 10, 2019 15:28

Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Maindefender

Since 1969.

I know he's always done it, but I also noticed him doing it more than I normally do.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 10, 2019 19:30

Voodookitten76
ThroughTheLonelyNights
mnewman505

Thanks for sharing and good to see Octavian seems to be impressed what´s going on at his dad´s "office"....

Mick Jagger lips

smiling smileyRe: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: July 10, 2019 20:46

smiling smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 10, 2019 22:24

That is amazing,is she just standing in the pit letting fans take pictures of the little guy?

Date: July 10, 2019 22:50

mtaylor
Voodookitten76
ThroughTheLonelyNights
mnewman505

Mick Jagger lips

And lipstick?

Date: July 10, 2019 23:07

Voodookitten76
ThroughTheLonelyNights
mnewman505

Yes, that‘s Jane.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 10, 2019 23:39

I confess to being a bit too absorbed in my photo taking, thinking it might be my last time seeing MY BAND....this was my 40th Stones concert..I took over 600 photos, which I will treasure forever..BUT you can't be listening, watching & taking photos AND participating all at once....and the fans around me were ALL taking photos and not singing & dancing as much..this was section 109 row A. I do wish I was more PRESENT...and singing more...and I hope Mick could still feel all of the powerful positive energy we generated. As far as nit-picking every note, I do think it is a bit overdone. The review that called " Play With Fire" RAGGED disturbed me because I thought it was beautifully performed!! It sounded like the recording with Mick articulating each word to give it that Victorian feel...RAGGED it was NOT! Maybe another reason for LESS audience participation during RAMBLER is the fact that we ( the fans who have seen dozens of shows) remember that RAMBLER was once a real show-stopper..with Mick slapping the stage with his studded belt and crawling across the stage, VERY MENACING....so of course the crowd SCREAMED! Now, it is TOO TAME! I am not going to be guilty of what I just accused folks of doing....nit-picking so I'll end by saying that I cried when I saw the band take the stage...especially seeing Mick racing to center stage after that horribly scary time we all just went through...wondering if he'd be Ok...to see him ALIVE & WELL, I cried tears of joy....and I am eternally grateful for everything that the Rolling Stones have given to me, all of the moments of pleasure, awe, surprise, happiness and the awareness that I have lived through some of the most powerful rock'n roll EVER PERFORMED! We are all blessed and we should NEVER forget that....mistakes and all...God Bless The Rolling Stones. It doesn't get any better than this!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 23:39 by mickschix.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 11, 2019 00:24

caschimann
Voodookitten76
ThroughTheLonelyNights
mnewman505

Thanks for sharing and good to see Octavian seems to be impressned what´s going on at his dad´s "office"....

Yes, that‘s Jane.

Looks like the child's nanny standing behind Melanie

Posted by: MichaelA ()
Date: July 11, 2019 02:05

mickschix
I confess to being a bit too absorbed in my photo taking, thinking it might be my last time seeing MY BAND....this was my 40th Stones concert..I took over 600 photos, which I will treasure forever..BUT you can't be listening, watching & taking photos AND participating all at once....and the fans around me were ALL taking photos and not singing & dancing as much..this was section 109 row A. I do wish I was more PRESENT...and singing more...and I hope Mick could still feel all of the powerful positive energy we generated. As far as nit-picking every note, I do think it is a bit overdone. The review that called " Play With Fire" RAGGED disturbed me because I thought it was beautifully performed!! It sounded like the recording with Mick articulating each word to give it that Victorian feel...RAGGED it was NOT! Maybe another reason for LESS audience participation during RAMBLER is the fact that we ( the fans who have seen dozens of shows) remember that RAMBLER was once a real show-stopper..with Mick slapping the stage with his studded belt and crawling across the stage, VERY MENACING....so of course the crowd SCREAMED! Now, it is TOO TAME! I am not going to be guilty of what I just accused folks of doing....nit-picking so I'll end by saying that I cried when I saw the band take the stage...especially seeing Mick racing to center stage after that horribly scary time we all just went through...wondering if he'd be Ok...to see him ALIVE & WELL, I cried tears of joy....and I am eternally grateful for everything that the Rolling Stones have given to me, all of the moments of pleasure, awe, surprise, happiness and the awareness that I have lived through some of the most powerful rock'n roll EVER PERFORMED! We are all blessed and we should NEVER forget that....mistakes and all...God Bless The Rolling Stones. It doesn't get any better than this!
Great perspective Mickschix. People forget they're watching history being made with each concert.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 11, 2019 03:10

Thank you, MichaelA. I think many of us older fans feel this way. When I see the Rolling Stones LIVE in 2019, their whole History seems to flash before my eyes...I see them on Ed Sullivan performing JJF, then I remember my first Stones concert in 1972...Not everyone CAN appreciate them as I do because they've been a HUGE part of my life for over 55 years! This tour is such a major milestone, I hope fans can realize its' important and soak it all in!cool smiley

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 11, 2019 03:31

Always on HTW.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 11, 2019 04:39

babyblue
I like the shirt Mick is wearing of tongue.is this one of shirts on mdse table?

So far, all the tongue logo shirts Mick is wearing on stage can be purchased at the show.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 11, 2019 06:31

TornAndFried
caschimann
Voodookitten76
ThroughTheLonelyNights
mnewman505

Thanks for sharing and good to see Octavian seems to be impressned what´s going on at his dad´s "office"....

Yes, that‘s Jane.

Looks like the child's nanny standing behind Melanie

For her sake I hope it’s the lady behind Dev with the turquoise pants and not the one in the dress behind Melanie.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 17 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home