Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 16 of 18
Re: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 9, 2019 20:09

Generally, in the real world, it is true that if you talk too much, too loud, to often, and don't listen, people will stop listening to you.

In the IORR world of the written comments, it would mean I would have to do the same on behalf of everyone else here, as a moderator.

I have a week now in New Orleans, where I can spend more time on this subject. Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Bjornulf

Mick says politics is ok
Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: July 9, 2019 16:11

Once again - [politicalwire.com]

Re: Mick says politics is ok
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 9, 2019 16:17

No, he doesn't, but according to the article, "mocks Trump". grinning smiley

But I guess we are not allowed here to discuss this subject.

- Doxa

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 9, 2019 16:56

Another week more and the UK may have someone who fits that description too...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 9, 2019 17:03

All I can say is that it's a good job that our respective civil servants and administrators can run countries and speak sensibly to each other...

...almost regardless of what all the idiot politicians say and do.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 9, 2019 18:23

Spud
All I can say is that it's a good job that our respective civil servants and administrators can run countries and speak sensibly to each other...

...almost regardless of what all the idiot politicians say and do.

Quite.
For the last 2 plus years the Northern Ireland Assembly has been suspended, so Civil Servants are running the show.
I'm greatly in favour of unelected bureaucrats being in charge!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 9, 2019 18:29

There was more truth in "Yes Minister" than most folks would believe .

...and thankfully so !

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 9, 2019 19:25

There’s really nowhere to hide from this shit ,is there? You can’t watch a tv show, a sporting event or even a rock and roll concert without hearing about it.
It’s always the same,”you guys are dumb,no YOU guys are dumb” “you are crooks, no YOU are the crooks” and off they go..
It is kinda funny to joke about somebody misspeaking and then say “Chuck Leavell on Bass” a few minutes later.Hows 75 treating ya Mick?

Date: July 9, 2019 20:42

lem motlow
There’s really nowhere to hide from this shit ,is there? You can’t watch a tv show, a sporting event or even a rock and roll concert without hearing about it.
It’s always the same,”you guys are dumb,no YOU guys are dumb” “you are crooks, no YOU are the crooks” and off they go..
It is kinda funny to joke about somebody misspeaking and then say “Chuck Leavell on Bass” a few minutes later.Hows 75 treating ya Mick?

No world leaders care about what Mick is saying in a joke on a stage in Foxboro. That is the difference.

Bjornulf

Re: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 21:35

gotdablouse
Stonesfan2146
The tour break of a week seems to fit perfectly for Mick to cure his cold

Is that the old story that he has a permanent cold since they returned to the road in 2012 (yes he blew his nose a lot at the O2) or based on actual facts/observations ?

Well the first shows didn't have him spitting one time and suddenly I see it multiple times in different parts of the show so my observation was that hr caught something

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 21:48

lem motlow
75 is treating Mick a hell of a lot better than 73 is treating your bloated, mentally enfeebled boy.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 9, 2019 22:39

keefriff99
lem motlow
75 is treating Mick a hell of a lot better than 73 is treating your bloated, mentally enfeebled boy.

Soon to be 76 and way ahead of those who don't get it. Go Mick.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: July 9, 2019 23:08

Well, if the MR thing was deliberate, Charlie wasn't aware, judging by his WTF look on the giant screen. I wish there'd be a footage in which we could see Charlie's face. That was priceless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-09 23:09 by daniel t.

Date: July 9, 2019 23:09

MKjan
keefriff99
lem motlow

Soon to be 76 and way ahead of those who don't get it. Go Mick.
Mick's joke couldn't have been more playful and inoffensive, and yet it still sent 'wingers like lem into an unhinged rage. Just shows what a sick, Stalinist cult of personality has arisen around this idiot...no criticism allowed.

Date: July 9, 2019 23:10

daniel t
Well, if the MR thing was deliberate, Charlie wasn't aware, judging by his WTF look on the giant screen. I wish there'd be a footage in which we could see Charlie's face. That was priceless.
It was very funny...cracked me up big-time.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 9, 2019 23:13

keefriff99
daniel t
It was very funny...cracked me up big-time.

Think both things are true.
It was deliberate and no one besides Keith was aware prior to him doing it cool smiley

Date: July 9, 2019 23:18

bv
lem motlow

No world leaders care about what Mick is saying in a joke on a stage in Foxboro. That is the difference.

Well I would hope they didn’t think president Obama( who I voted for,twice)thought we had 57 United States just as I would hope they would know the current president(who I didn’t vote for)doesn’t think we had planes during the revolutionary war.
But one sentence and they’re off to the races again, left wingnuts and right wingnuts in a death match to the end.
And screwing up your words five minutes after laughing at someone else IS funny.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 9, 2019 23:25

Green Lady
keefriff99
MileHigh
My take on Ramblergate.

Why doesn't Mick lay off on the audience participation shtick in MR? After all, this is not Argentina. The audience was bored and barely doing the echo back business. Mick returned to the main stage in defeat. It just didn't work. It definitely wasn't clicking and was uncomfortable.

So when they were all together after Mick's walk back, everybody was in a weird and uncomfortable state. So for the hell of it Keith decided to fire off the riff in a burst. It was to shake things up, it was kind of like him sneering at the audience. And for a few seconds it seemed like Keith was channeling the 1998 Keith!

MR should not be like a YCAGWYW sing-along. I don't even care for it in YCAGWYW. Play the song hard and dangerous, give us those rock blues licks and deliver on the danger. The last thing that song needs is a bloody Romper Room sing-along. Are you getting this Mick?

Beyond that, let this be the last tour. 2012-2019, the Phase V Stones, or whatever the number. Thank you, we finally ARE satisfied.
The crowd was not great last night, that's for sure.

I've been in some fantastic crowds in the Northeast over the years, but last night's was relatively quiet and restrained. There were some good singalong moments and the GA area appeared to be active, but the mezzanine and upper deck sections were pretty subdued.

I was only there by scope, but the whole show did feel a bit subdued (maybe just by contrast with Washington, which was a real high).

As for Ramblergate, it all reminds me so much of the whole Scarf Me Up hoo-hah a couple of years ago. We'll all get over it.

Interesting comments on the crowd the other night. I was in Gen Adm. at the back of the Field, and can assure you, people were rocking out and dancing the entire show. Not sure how people in the seats in front were reacting, but when you are boxed into these small, shoulder to shoulder confines, it's simply hard to act too crazy. I loved being toward the back of the field. There was plenty of room, the sound was great, and everyone was having a blast!
As to 'The Rambler Incident', looking at it again, it does seem to me like it was intentional (although at the time, it was like WTF?) - but as to Keith's intention, 'the world may never know.'

Date: July 9, 2019 23:47

I would not worry for a second about what kind of jokes Mick is doing on stage. No need to start WW III here just because he makes a joke on stage.

In fact, on this tour, all the way from Chicago, at every show, Mick has used his local advisors to make jokes about every politician "in town" who did something strange or said something strange.

No need to jump the gun really, just laugh or ignore. It is sarcasm and irony, hard to figure out, I know, just ignone if you don't like what he says on stage, but please no WW3 here. Life is too short to worry about what Mick is saying on stage about people one way or the other. Anyway, if it is getting political, I will just delete everything said on that political subject anyway. We live in wonderland, and it is called Stonesland.

PS. If you feel something is offensive on IORR, just send an e-mmail to iorr@arena.no - explaining what thead (link) and what statement (quote/copy).

Thanks for your understanding and mutual respect.

PS. I just love the US of America. It is great, with and without The Rolling Stones. Seriously.

Bjornulf

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 10, 2019 00:04

I don't feel like going back and re-reading this entire thread, but if the overly tender person who was offended by Mick's joke needs me to come over and hold their hand to get through this crisis, please send me a PM.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: July 10, 2019 00:22

lem motlow

This was my original post that started The crazy,one of about 20 I’ve made talking about how politics has crept into everything.
The part beginning with “it’s always the same” I bash both sides for overreacting and going off the rails.
Then my point was proven about 6 times over.
The comment about Mick was about as innocuous as it gets,yet all of a sudden I’m “Offended” and a Trump backer.

WOW,just fckng WOW.

Date: July 10, 2019 00:24

mnewman505
Some "random" fans enjoying the show! smiling smiley

Thanks for sharing and good to see Octavian seems to be impressed what´s going on at his dad´s "office"....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 10, 2019 00:29

CindyC
I don't feel like going back and re-reading this entire thread, but if the overly tender person who was offended by Mick's joke needs me to come over and hold their hand to get through this crisis, please send me a PM.

thumbs up

Date: July 10, 2019 00:34

DEmerson
Interesting comments on the crowd the other night. I was in Gen Adm. at the back of the Field, and can assure you, people were rocking out and dancing the entire show. Not sure how people in the seats in front were reacting, but when you are boxed into these small, shoulder to shoulder confines, it's simply hard to act too crazy. I loved being toward the back of the field. There was plenty of room, the sound was great, and everyone was having a blast!
As to 'The Rambler Incident', looking at it again, it does seem to me like it was intentional (although at the time, it was like WTF?) - but as to Keith's intention, 'the world may never know.'
I was in Row 5 of Section 137, so I was directly overlooking the rear of the General Admission area and saw all you crazy people dancing and spinning around. It was very entertaining!

However, the pockets of truly loud, raucous fans seemed few and far between.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 10, 2019 00:40

I was in section 134.
I didn't think the crowd was subdued at all.
When Miss You came on the place erupted.
As far as the MR incident? I think it was just a gaffe. The band laughed it off as I did.
I LOVED the show.
Look, we're lucky to have them and have them on tour.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 10, 2019 00:43

As far as the Trump thing goes?
Mick was just "taking the piss" as brits like to do.My ex is from Liverpool and all we would do is go to the pub and make fun of each other.
He did a similar gag last Saturday in BurlsCreek about the Ontario Premier Doug Ford.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 10, 2019 00:52

dennycranium
As far as the Trump thing goes?
Mick was just "taking the piss" as brits like to do.My ex is from Liverpool and all we would do is go to the pub and make fun of each other.
He did a similar gag last Saturday in BurlsCreek about the Ontario Premier Doug Ford.

Mick makes topical jokes at every venue.. often political but not always.
In Chicago he made jokes about a local council-person who was heading to jail.

I also liked the lead in to YCAGWYW in Chicago as well.. "This one is pretty popular at rallies" cool smiley Mick's jokes/jabs often sail over most of the audiences head which only adds to the comedic moments imo. Hilarious.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 10, 2019 00:52

EVERYTHING about the Gillette stadium show was perfect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 00:54 by custom55.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 10, 2019 01:01

I just reread back on this thread a post of ten....although I understand BV's no politics on IORR...this is the enforcement not to..............

But I'm an hypocrite myself............

Ohh Man I love to discuss the Left wing thing and Right wing thing myself....but I'm here for the Music

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 10, 2019 01:01

bv
I would not worry for a second about what kind of jokes Mick is doing on stage. No need to start WW III here just because he makes a joke on stage.

In fact, on this tour, all the way from Chicago, at every show, Mick has used his local advisors to make jokes about every politician "in town" who did something strange or said something strange.

No need to jump the gun really, just laugh or ignore. It is sarcasm and irony, hard to figure out, I know, just ignone if you don't like what he says on stage, but please no WW3 here. Life is too short to worry about what Mick is saying on stage about people one way or the other. Anyway, if it is getting political, I will just delete everything said on that political subject anyway. We live in wonderland, and it is called Stonesland.

PS. If you feel something is offensive on IORR, just send an e-mmail to iorr@arena.no - explaining what thead (link) and what statement (quote/copy).

Thanks for your understanding and mutual respect.

PS. I just love the US of America. It is great, with and without The Rolling Stones. Seriously.

Thanks, buddy! America loves you too...with or without the Stones!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 16 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1587
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home