Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 15 of 18
Re: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 9, 2019 11:31

matxil
Stoneage
I think some of you are deluding yourselves. Five gigs so far. Keith has made big mistakes in two of them. And he still hits a couple of bum notes at every gig.
That would perhaps have been funny twenty years ago but, I think, more worrying now. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the MR mistake was the last he made this tour.
Let's wait and see...

I only saw the video and clearly MR is not a mistake, Keith is doing it on purpose. I don't know why exactly, but it's kind of funny.

Coming to think of it, maybe he did it as a sort of wink to his mistake (that one *was* a mistake) when starting MR instead of Paint It Black. Sort of like a running gag.

Re: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 9, 2019 11:58

keefriff99
MileHigh
My take on Ramblergate.

Why doesn't Mick lay off on the audience participation shtick in MR? After all, this is not Argentina. The audience was bored and barely doing the echo back business. Mick returned to the main stage in defeat. It just didn't work. It definitely wasn't clicking and was uncomfortable.

So when they were all together after Mick's walk back, everybody was in a weird and uncomfortable state. So for the hell of it Keith decided to fire off the riff in a burst. It was to shake things up, it was kind of like him sneering at the audience. And for a few seconds it seemed like Keith was channeling the 1998 Keith!

MR should not be like a YCAGWYW sing-along. I don't even care for it in YCAGWYW. Play the song hard and dangerous, give us those rock blues licks and deliver on the danger. The last thing that song needs is a bloody Romper Room sing-along. Are you getting this Mick?

Beyond that, let this be the last tour. 2012-2019, the Phase V Stones, or whatever the number. Thank you, we finally ARE satisfied.
The crowd was not great last night, that's for sure.

I've been in some fantastic crowds in the Northeast over the years, but last night's was relatively quiet and restrained. There were some good singalong moments and the GA area appeared to be active, but the mezzanine and upper deck sections were pretty subdued.

I was only there by scope, but the whole show did feel a bit subdued (maybe just by contrast with Washington, which was a real high).

As for Ramblergate, it all reminds me so much of the whole Scarf Me Up hoo-hah a couple of years ago. We'll all get over it.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 13:02

The tour break of a week seems to fit perfectly for Mick to cure his cold

Date: July 9, 2019 13:20

He has a cold?

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 9, 2019 13:38

Finally saw the MR clips. It was clearly deliberate.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 13:49

matxil
matxil
Stoneage
I think some of you are deluding yourselves. Five gigs so far. Keith has made big mistakes in two of them. And he still hits a couple of bum notes at every gig.
That would perhaps have been funny twenty years ago but, I think, more worrying now. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the MR mistake was the last he made this tour.
Let's wait and see...

I only saw the video and clearly MR is not a mistake, Keith is doing it on purpose. I don't know why exactly, but it's kind of funny.

Coming to think of it, maybe he did it as a sort of wink to his mistake (that one *was* a mistake) when starting MR instead of Paint It Black. Sort of like a running gag.

I still think it was a total f_ck up....just b/c they are laughing doesn't mean it's a joke...people often laugh when they "f_ck up".

If it was intentional, it comes off as "lame" to me....not that my opinion matters, but if he is "bored" or "wants to mess w/ Mick" or "doesn't like the crowd energy," I prefer Keith work on his legitimate playing/soloing and/or do some legitimate musical improvisations....rather than gag f_ck ups

Sorry, but the MR "Re-Start" did nothing to improve the show or the song.

Just my opinion

As stated: fun times, good show.

Keep on Rollin', Stones!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 9, 2019 14:09

"Sorry, but the MR "Re-Start" did nothing to improve the show or the song."

I agree it did not improve the song but it was deliberate. Not all jokes go well all the time...

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 9, 2019 14:29

The MR thing looks intentional, seems from his reaction afterward and the timing of it to start. Also from Mick's reaction ... he didn't seem annoyed and it didn't break his timing.
Maybe it was sort of a reminder to the audience that, 'Hey, this is Midnight Rambler here! Pay attention.'
And/or some sort of shared joke with Mick.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 9, 2019 15:00

yeababyyea
I can't believe people on here are trying to convince themselves Keith played the intro riff deliberately... Keith is at a stage now where he cannot fool around with the songs and he knows he has to focus not to make mistakes. What happened was the band went almost silent for a moment which made Keith a bit confused and he thought it was time to play the intro riff again. He's 75 years old and playing in front of 50.000 people, it's not strange at all that he became a bit confused in the middle of a 10 min long song.

True, Keith would never try to sabotage a song on purpose, especially not nowadays, it was a mistake, not the end of the world.

Date: July 9, 2019 15:03

It was intentional, just a joke from Keith that was well-recognized by Mick. And by the way, it was not bad, for one show.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 9, 2019 15:08

This Kool-Aid tastes different from what the band supplies

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 9, 2019 15:15

Stonesfan2146
The tour break of a week seems to fit perfectly for Mick to cure his cold

Is that the old story that he has a permanent cold since they returned to the road in 2012 (yes he blew his nose a lot at the O2) or based on actual facts/observations ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 9, 2019 15:30

MileHigh
keithsman
keefriff99
keithsman
MacLaurens
Except for MR, what other songs did Keith "screw up"?

Not so much screw up as go through the motions, i expect too much from him that's my problem.
When people say getting better than ever and things like that, i just wonder have they ever seen what that man could do 20 years ago.
Well, anyone who says "better than ever" is clearly not being objective, but post-2012, I'd say he's doing pretty damn good.

But people forget he was ever like this that think he was on top form last night, it's the difference in between night and day in his performance , about 4.42 onward he just shows what Rock n Roll is all about, energy and attitude. Charlies amazing too, the whole thing just lifts you.
[www.youtube.com]

Keith is on fire there! It is shocking.

Yep, here in particular : [youtu.be] but that was 20+ friggin' years ago, sad in a way, but hey he's still there playing louder than ever, let's drink to that !

Rock on guys and come back to Europe next year !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 9, 2019 15:52

Hmm.. to me that 'Rambler-incident', done on purpose or not, was on with the show. A funny extra moment in a loose song full of room for improvisation (in that section)... Besides, the riff in its full glory sounded damn great and effective there...smoking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 9, 2019 16:18

Doxa
Besides, the riff in its full glory sounded damn great and effective there...smoking smiley

- Doxa

+1 thumbs up

Date: July 9, 2019 16:34

Yeah, nothing to interfere with the listening experience of the master riffer !

As a side note I often struggle to hear Mick's very apt guitar playing as it's buried in the mix or covered by Ronnie's parts. Maybe he should go on a tangent one of these days too with his guitar...unlikely ;-)

--------------

Date: July 9, 2019 16:35

Koen
LovingCupola
Xam
RICH [www.pscp.tv]

Xam you are very obliging this evening and on top of ALL the feeds!

Xam = Max’s Kansas City?

And countless others over the years...which begs the question, WHY ?!

--------------

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 9, 2019 16:39

Intentional or not. This is live rock music, not a note for note classical recital.

hot smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 9, 2019 16:47

maumau
Doxa
Besides, the riff in its full glory sounded damn great and effective there...smoking smiley

- Doxa

+1 thumbs up

+1 more.

Looks to me also as if it was deliberate. Either way, there’s a lot of over-thinking going on about it tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 9, 2019 16:48

Can't believe whats going on here. Stop all this: given school certificate for every song, every lick, break, tune they do up there. What has happened to you all over the last 50 years???? In 1972 in MSG they would have carry you out of the place with this music-teacher talk. Roll! Rock! Let it loose!

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 9, 2019 16:52

caschimann
Can't believe whats going on here. Stop all this: given school certificate for every song, every lick, break, tune they do up there. What has happened to you all over the last 50 years???? In 1972 in MSG they would have carry you out of the place with this music-teacher talk. Roll! Rock! Let it loose!

AMEN. THANK YOU FOR THIS ANSWER!

Date: July 9, 2019 17:21

Don't get too concerned about doing the fan thing right

Date: July 9, 2019 17:24

This could all have been avoided if everybody just said "Ow"

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 9, 2019 17:52

caschimann

Sorry, respectfully can't oblige on this request

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 9, 2019 18:16

Nikkei
This could all have been avoided if everybody just said "Ow"

thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs up

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 18:21

caschimann

this is a discussion forum....it's used to discuss things.

do you care when people discuss-to-death every other minute detail surrounding the Stones?

B/c that's what happens here....it's kinda the point of the site.

besides...your post is critiquing people b/c they are critiquing?

Ironic, no?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2019 18:55

caschimann

This post deserves a D minus due to the unnecessary use of bold text.
Only thing saving it from an F is the last three lines..."Roll! Rock! Let it loose"!
Had you left it as simple as that, you might have earned an A!

Date: July 9, 2019 18:58

I was skeptical about this tour. They haven`t played this good for years....unbelieveable.

Date: July 9, 2019 19:16

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
emotionalbarbecue
I was skeptical about this tour. They haven`t played this good for years....unbelieveable.

Yes they play very well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-09 19:17 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2019 19:56

gotdablouse
Koen
LovingCupola
Xam
RICH [www.pscp.tv]

Xam you are very obliging this evening and on top of ALL the feeds!

Xam = Max’s Kansas City?

And countless others over the years...which begs the question, WHY ?!

Good question - could have something to do with being banned multiple times in the past, and probably only a matter of time before it happens again.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 15 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1253
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home