Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 18
The Rolling Stones - Foxboro MA 7-July-2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 8, 2019 14:09

Review: Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones conquer Gillette Stadium

Robert E. Klein

By Craig S. Semon
Telegram & Gazette Staff
Jul 8, 2019

[www.telegram.com]

Re: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 8, 2019 14:16

While theater or opera critics are very knowledgeable it often strikes me how that very seldom is the fact when it comes to rock and pop journalism.
So I tend to take these reviews with a piece of salt. It's one opinion of many. It's seldom a schooled opinion. Any journalist can write them. Or anyone who can write.

Re: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 8, 2019 14:27

maumau
passive aggressive posting (i.e. deleted post with sneaky hint) is not really nice

I can't please all the people all the time. Not trying to be sneaky.

Basically Keith's timing is of concern, it's nothing to do with his solos or his fingers. Could be his hearing, who knows, could be something worse.
The post was there for 40 minutes and then i thought better of it, no big deal.

Here is the post.

There is an elephant in the room, can't believe me of all people have to bring it up first, watching these clips all morning something is up with Keith.
Not just his timing is it, something more serious that that i feel, it's been going on for a while but it's worse.
He's doing great on most of his solo's but he is having huge gaps in concentration, coming in at the wrong time, it's worrying to say the least and no one has noticed it but me ?? oh come on.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 8, 2019 14:32

The setlist has some staid parts. For us just reading the posts, it`s just boring.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 8, 2019 14:41

I was not expecting to be pleased just think that if you want to delete a post you delete it, period. on the other hand I find nothing disrespectful in it, I bet everyone one has some thoughts on Keith that, of the whole bunch, is the one more showing his age. and honestly with the life he lived it ain't no surprise. from the clip of last night that I saw I am quite comforted, sure he is way more static and serious than we learned in the eightues and nineties, but I still recognize his trademark licks all over. and if you are speaking of f#$k ups like the reprise of MR, I find it more hilarious than alarming. my take

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 14:44 by maumau.

Date: July 8, 2019 14:42

Stoneage
While theater or opera critics are very knowledgeable it often strikes me how that very seldom is the fact when it comes to rock and pop journalism.
So I tend to take these reviews with a piece of salt. It's one opinion of many. It's seldom a schooled opinion. Any journalist can write them. Or anyone who can write.

agree 100%
same here with italian journalists

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 8, 2019 14:46

keithsman
maumau
passive aggressive posting (i.e. deleted post with sneaky hint) is not really nice

Basically Keith's timing is of concern, it's nothing to do with his solos or his fingers. Could be his hearing, who knows, could be something worse.

Here is the post.

There is an elephant in the room, can't believe me of all people have to bring it up first, watching these clips all morning something is up with Keith.

Not just his timing is it, something more serious that that i feel, it's been going on for a while but it's worse.
He's doing great on most of his solo's but he is having huge gaps in concentration, coming in at the wrong time, it's worrying to say the least and no one has noticed it but me ?? oh come on.

Hey Keithman.
I know your feelings.
In these days, which startet in the early 90ies by the way, we all diehard Stones-Fans have to find our own room with the Stones.
With our now memories. Our own journey. Keithman, don't let anybody enter your personal emotional spitituell Stones-shuttle. Its yours. Nobody else opinion, feelings, meanings belong there. Just you, your spirit and your band.
Its hard to resist sometimes not to slap somebody verbally here.
But some posts from some people who are living in a so different Stones world from mine, 2000 Lightyears away, I just noticing them and skip them. And on with the show. Yes they have the right to feel what they feel. Fair enough.
But I have the possibility to GIMME SHELTER. Even here.
Its just a kiss away..

The Rolling Stones - Foxboro MA 7-July-2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 8, 2019 15:02

Great to see you Gary! Thank you for joining us on Ride’em on Down! @GaryClarkJr

[twitter.com]

Re: The Rolling Stones - Foxboro MA 7-July-2019
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 8, 2019 15:04

bye bye johnny

Great to see you Gary! Thank you for joining us on Ride’em on Down! @GaryClarkJr

[twitter.com]
Few minutes before the show, before the color got sprayed on Keith's hair

Date: July 8, 2019 15:06

caschimann
keithsman
maumau

Here is the post.

Hey Keithman.
I know your feelings.
In these days, which startet in the early 90ies by the way, we all diehard Stones-Fans have to find our own room with the Stones.
With our now memories. Our own journey. Keithman, don't let anybody enter your personal emotional spitituell Stones-shuttle. Its yours. Nobody else opinion, feelings, meanings belong there. Just you, your spirit and your band.
But some posts from some people who are living in a so different Stones world from mine, 2000 Lightyears away, I just noticing them and skip them. And on with the show. Yes they have the right to feel what they feel. Fair enough.
Its just a kiss away..

Yeah i hang on to the 70's early 80's through and up until about 2003.
After that it's mixed emotions for me watching this band live, is it enough to marvel at the ''look how fit i am at 75'' phenomenon. Yes and no, it's certainly a wonder to behold from Mick and Ronnie, but seeing Keith and Charlie hang on is hard to watch for me personally. As i say, at the end of August this would be a good time to hang it up for Keith's sake, he and Charlie have been loyal to this band but there is a time to say that's it, that's enough, throw in the towel while they are on their game before it becomes a freak show.

Keith is trying his hardest, no doubt, he's going down with a fight God love him, but he is starting to remind me of Frank Sinatra, just not the same Frank at the end of his career, and this isn't Keith as far as i'm concerned.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: July 8, 2019 15:50

Keith and the rest of the band gave a very strong performance at Burl's Creek. Keith was in a good mood and looked and played well. Maybe not every show is going to be a home run at this stage. Glad I got to see a good performance.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: July 8, 2019 16:51

waking up after getting back at 3am last night.

First off Gary Clark Jr. is Great!!!!!

2nd row 5 seats in from rail Keiths side and my main stage pix stink.
That said why do peeps waste that time with cellphones taking pix instead of watching stage action and soaking in memories for ever? Its a screwed up audience when you can look around and every Tom, Dick and Harry has a f'n cellphone in hand high in air... "get off my lawn you kids" winking smiley

My best guess is last nite was 60 plus something show starting from Jacksonville August 2, 1975. I've lost count but NEVER lost a mental picture of shows.

After hearing soundcheck i was hoping both LRR and PWF but PWF was good either way.

Keith has never been less animated. I always get his side and have PIT2 (wish I got PIT 1) for both MetLife shows. That pit is HUGE!!!! WHY?

I believe I only have Keith hitting his ramp once very early in show.

His flub on a very fast paced MR was IMO bad.

BUT his solos for the most part were the best in a few tours (again IMO)

Darryl is great with the picks throwing a handful at end of show and constantly tossing them.

Mick must have a cold as after each song he was spitting and blowing nose over by Sasha and Bernard at his table.

And I like Tim Reis doing some work Karl used to do mid show. Nice change up.

Setlist is what it is I have no real complaints at a stadium.

Great seats to be had day of show online as always.

Opps almost forgot...
I love how Sasha is/has become more assertive (for lack of a better phrase) on GS. While I'll always love the way Lisa sung it and performed it really selling the sexuality of the song Sasha has her own style which I like much more this time out. #LoveMeSomeLisa

And Mick's joking with Charlie about his "red socks" after intros was funny along with him introducing Chuck as "bassist"...
Mick really was in great spirits at many points last night and it showed. He is one energizer bunny that shows NO signs of slowing down anytime soon.

Ronnie is absolutely playing his best ever with this band live. And is having a lot of fun on stage. Not that he didn't before but it just works now coinciding with his blistering licks.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 18:34 by chevysales.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 16:55

Come on !
International press is always dithyrambic with the Stones, same complacent concert review for 25 years !
After, yes, one review SOMETIMES can change from the usual Rolling Stone magazine one.

maumau
Stoneage

agree 100%

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 16:59 by powerage78.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: July 8, 2019 17:09

I thought Keith had stopped drinking. Could be a non-alcoholic beer though.

Date: July 8, 2019 17:11

powerage78
Come on !
International press is always dithyrambic with the Stones, same complacent concert review for 25 years !
After, yes, one review SOMETIMES can change from the usual Rolling Stone magazine one.

maumau
Stoneage

agree 100%

my opinion on (almost) all pop/rock reviewers these days doesn't change if it is a bad or good review of a stones concert. i know that 99% of them are a pile of clichè on autopilot. that's just the point

Date: July 8, 2019 17:14

MacLaurens
I thought Keith had stopped drinking. Could be a non-alcoholic beer though.

No its a real beer and real cigarettes, hence the lackluster performance, what a relief i thought there was something wrong with him winking smiley

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 17:22

keithsman
maumau

Here is the post.

I agree.

I definitely noticed it last night...there is something "different" about his "screw ups" that seems deeper (for lack of a better term).

Hard to put my finger on it.

My assumption is that he is old and burnt.

Great show, great times....love Keith, love the stones, but I agree 100% w/ you.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 8, 2019 17:29

StonedRambler
bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Scary how mean and f**ked up you people are. Don't go. Don't watch. Don't listen. You're clearly not enjoying them so why bother and rain on the parade of the majority who appreciate them for what they were and are. Go away.

Date: July 8, 2019 17:40

steffialicia
StonedRambler
bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Scary how mean and f**ked up you people are. Don't go. Don't watch. Don't listen. You're clearly not enjoying them so why bother and rain on the parade of the majority who appreciate them for what they were and are. Go away.
I love Keith. I just made a joke noticing his hair was still uncolored shortly before the show

Posted by: lovingcup22 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 17:41

stickyfingers101

I agree.

I definitely noticed it last night...there is something "different" about his "screw ups" that seems deeper (for lack of a better term).

Great show, great times....love Keith, love the stones, but I agree 100% w/ you.

The "restart" of Midnight Rambler was very strange, is Keith's memory failing?

Date: July 8, 2019 17:44

lovingcup22
stickyfingers101

I agree.

The "restart" of Midnight Rambler was very strange, is Keith's memory failing?
I think it was a joke to confuse Mick. He didn't looked confused at all but was grinning while he did that. Ronnie and Darryl had a good laugh about it

Date: July 8, 2019 17:54

Keith is fine ...

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 8, 2019 17:54

I get irritated slowly about the annoying posts here about the Stones and especially about Keith.

Please, wake up guys. It's not 1972 anymore! These guys are in their seventies. We must be enormously grateful that they are still doing live shows! And that they are still making so many people happy with great setlists on this tour.

I enjoyed every show of them. And I don't even care if Keith does not play well all the time. So be it. And maybe it's because I did not consciously experience the 70s and 80s, but I just respect their so-called 'shortcomings' nowadays.

The Stones makes me happy every day and I can't even imagine a life without the Stones on the road.

Please keep on touring for ever. NEVER STOP.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 8, 2019 18:15

Show thoughts: Man what a hot mess, ranging from absolutely awesome to borderline cringeworthy. Easily the strangest Stones show I've seen and the weakest Keith performance since 2012.

This was Jagger's night for sure, the adoration he got from the Foxborough crowd was well deserved and it amazes me how he can still perform at this high level. HE IS THE SHOW, to quote Bill Belichick Jagger can have "No Days Off".

Unfortunately my man Keith was not very energized. Maybe he spent the 4th Holiday in CT and forgot he was in the middle of a tour. With a week off until New Orleans I'm curious how he will be there. The cringe portion were the bum notes especially early on and Midnight Rambler where Keith restarted the song 3/4 of the way thru.(has this ever been done??) I want to think that the restart was Keith's way of getting Mick back in line, I'm curious what others think of that moment. His set was also lackluster, it hurt to realize how much of a "bathroom break" moment it was last night. Even my wife mentioned Keith's lack of energy at that time.

That being said Keith absolutely shined on YCAGWYW, PIB, HTW and Rambler onward.

Ron Wood is an amazing energy force.
Song of the night: Miss You
Gary Clark Jr's set was fantastic!!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 18:19

Okay, I was watching Keith very closely last night...here's what I observed:

1. He was VERY focused and played great. His guitar tone was crunchy and loud. He absolutely KILLED Start Me Up and Jumpin' Jack Flash. It was that relentless, driving rhythm without the gaps we used to get when he was too busy posing and pretending to be a frontman.

2. His solos were all uniformly good. Nothing flashy, but his playing was efficient and tight, with barely any flubs or sour notes.

3. The Rambler screw-up was definitely odd. He had a grin on his face when he did it, which leads me to believe he was goofing around. I mean, I don't know for sure, but it looked very deliberate, and he stopped immediately when Mick looked at him, and started laughing with Ronnie.

4. There were a few moments where he got a glassy, distant look in his eyes and then seemed to snap back. Some people might be concerned by this at his age, but the thing is that he was playing fine while this happened, so it's not like he spaced out and forgot what he was doing. You could just chalk it up to him being dialed in and in the zone.

So that's what I saw...he was grinning and focused on PLAYING all night. He wasn't trying to out-frontman Mick with leg kicks and big arm gesticulations. His solos were to the point and compact. From what I observed, his rhythm playing and soloing is better than it's been in quite some time.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: July 8, 2019 18:19

keithsman
caschimann
keithsman
maumau

Here is the post.

Hey Keithman.
I know your feelings.
Its just a kiss away..

Yeah i hang on to the 70's early 80's through and up until about 2003.
After that it's mixed emotions for me watching this band live, is it enough to marvel at the ''look how fit i am at 75'' phenomenon. Yes and no, it's certainly a wonder to behold from Mick and Ronnie, but seeing Keith and Charlie hang on is hard to watch for me personally. As i say, at the end of August this would be a good time to hang it up for Keith's sake, he and Charlie have been loyal to this band but there is a time to say that's it, that's enough, throw in the towel while they are on their game before it becomes a freak show.

Keith is trying his hardest, no doubt, he's going down with a fight God love him, but he is starting to remind me of Frank Sinatra, just not the same Frank at the end of his career, and this isn't Keith as far as i'm concerned.
I don't think Keith or Charlie would mind if you looked away, or maybe didn't look at all.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 18:22

Keith never said he stopped drinking completely --- he says he still has a beer from time to time. I'll see if I can find the exact quote.

Date: July 8, 2019 18:27

Maindefender
Show thoughts: Man what a hot mess, ranging from absolutely awesome to borderline cringeworthy. Easily the strangest Stones show I've seen and the weakest Keith performance since 2012.

This was Jagger's night for sure, the adoration he got from the Foxborough crowd was well deserved and it amazes me how he can still perform at this high level. HE IS THE SHOW, to quote Bill Belichick Jagger can have "No Days Off".

Unfortunately my man Keith was not very energized. Maybe he spent the 4th Holiday in CT and forgot he was in the middle of a tour. With a week off until New Orleans I'm curious how he will be there. The cringe portion were the bum notes especially early on and Midnight Rambler where Keith restarted the song 3/4 of the way thru.(has this ever been done??) I want to think that the restart was Keith's way of getting Mick back in line, I'm curious what others think of that moment. His set was also lackluster, it hurt to realize how much of a "bathroom break" moment it was last night. Even my wife mentioned Keith's lack of energy at that time.

That being said Keith absolutely shined on YCAGWYW, PIB, HTW and Rambler onward.

I just have different expectations from Keith at this point. We're not going to see the hyper Keith stalking the stage, kicking his leg up and flailing his arms around anymore. He's 75 and he acts it now physically.

I didn't hear a lot of bum notes. You're never going to get perfection from the Stones, but relatively speaking, I thought Keith was tight by his standards all night.

I was really impressed by Ronnie's playing and energy. Now there's a guy who seems to have found the fountain of youth, but he's at least five years younger than the rest of them, he's focused on sobriety and has a young wife and twins to keep him fit.

Date: July 8, 2019 18:32

mnewman505
Keith never said he stopped drinking completely --- he says he still has a beer from time to time. I'll see if I can find the exact quote.
Yes, that is true.

I think he's also smoking A LOT of weed...which I couldn't care less about, but I get the impression that that's his big vice now.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: July 8, 2019 18:37

keefriff99
Maindefender

I just have different expectations from Keith at this point. We're not going to see the hyper Keith stalking the stage, kicking his leg up and flailing his arms around anymore. He's 75 and he acts it now physically.

I didn't hear a lot of bum notes. You're never going to get perfection from the Stones, but relatively speaking, I thought Keith was tight by his standards all night.

I was really impressed by Ronnie's playing and energy. Now there's a guy who seems to have found the fountain of youth, but he's at least five years younger than the rest of them, he's focused on sobriety and has a young wife and twins to keep him fit.

You nailed it. Ronnie has found that fountain of youth and is capable of carrying the band guitar wise on stage if need be. Glad to see it.That man is having the time of his life on stage now.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home