Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 18
Re: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: July 8, 2019 06:04

thumbs up
5stringTele
Thanks to everybody who streamed, shared links and constructive posts.

Re: Foxboro/Boston show 7-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: swaff ()
Date: July 8, 2019 06:04

Ok, i'm off for a week (river camping, Northern California Coast) back on the 14th and picking up where we started, this time, New Orleans. Perfect timing this rescheduled No Filter Tour. Right-On!!! C-ya in Santa Clara!!!

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: July 8, 2019 06:05

What a night! Thanks to all....

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 06:07

Thanks everybody. Another great show. They’re in their groove now. Woo hooooo!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 8, 2019 06:09

I will miss Houston and both East Rutherfords (holiday in the Land of No Wifi)

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 8, 2019 06:15

Green Lady
I will miss Houston and both East Rutherfords (holiday in the Land of No Wifi)
And we will miss you GL... Have fun and relax.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 8, 2019 06:20

YGG! Selene!!!

Glad I have a couple more shows, wish I had more.
Really good tonight. And Sasha, coming into her own.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 8, 2019 06:44

LovingCupola
Xam
RICH [www.pscp.tv]

Xam you are very obliging this evening and on top of ALL the feeds!

Xam = Max’s Kansas City?

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: July 8, 2019 07:15

Really great show tonight.Maybe the best of 9 on the No Filter Tour, 2017-2019.I wanted shine a light and Out of control as vote.But shes so cold was great as well.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 8, 2019 07:33

elmuseo
thumbs up
5stringTele
Thanks to everybody who streamed, shared links and constructive posts.

...and the pictures and reviews tomorrow.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 08:39

Just got back...what a FANTASTIC show.

This is the first time I've seen the Stones since 2005, and it would be an understatement to say a LOT has changed in the last 14 years. Of course I've followed the band religiously since and have watched endless footage of their live shows, so I know about all the ups and downs since then, but there's nothing quite like seeing them live to forge your own opinion.

This is now a well-rehearsed, measured, and cautious rock'n'roll band. Everyone is playing REALLY well, especially Keith and Ronnie.

Even last year, I found a lot of Keith's solos to be cringe-worthy, but tonight, just about everything he played was tasteful, clean, and on-point. We may never get fast, furious and raucous licks from Keith again, but I'll take the trade-off of him playing with some degree of precision, even if that means he plays in short, controlled bursts.

The most curious thing about the evening, which was already mentioned, is that just prior to Mick's "Wellllll you heard about the Boston..." line, Keith bizarrely decided to re-start the intro riff at full tempo.

Charlie frowned and stared around the stage, which made me bust out laughing. Keith stopped after a couple of measures, and Mick quickly launched into the line to get the song back on track. Keith and Ronnie had a good laugh, and all was forgiven, but it was out of character for the more studious, concentrated Keith I witnessed tonight.

Mick? Well, he was amazing. Still owning the stage at 76, still swiveling those hips...he looked and sounded phenomenal.

All in all, a great night. If this is indeed the last time I ever see them, it was a great swansong.

Date: July 8, 2019 08:43

One other thing I noticed is that Keith's fingers look remarkably healthier. The swelling in his fingertip joints has noticeably reduced. They're certainly not 100% healed, but any relief must be welcome.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 8, 2019 09:20

keefriff99

This is the first time I've seen the Stones since 2005, and it would be an understatement to say a LOT has changed in the last 14 years. Of course I've followed the band religiously since and have watched endless footage of their live shows, so I know about all the ups and downs since then, but there's nothing quite like seeing them live to forge your own opinion.

This is now a well-rehearsed, measured, and cautious rock'n'roll band. Everyone is playing REALLY well, especially Keith and Ronnie.

Even last year, I found a lot of Keith's solos to be cringe-worthy, but tonight, just about everything he played was tasteful, clean, and on-point. We may never get fast, furious and raucous licks from Keith again, but I'll take the trade-off of him playing with some degree of precision, even if that means he plays in short, controlled bursts.

The most curious thing about the evening, which was already mentioned, is that just prior to Mick's "Wellllll you heard about the Boston..." line, Keith bizarrely decided to re-start the intro riff at full tempo.

Charlie frowned and stared around the stage, which made me bust out laughing. Keith stopped after a couple of measures, and Mick quickly launched into the line to get the song back on track. Keith and Ronnie had a good laugh, and all was forgiven, but it was out of character for the more studious, concentrated Keith I witnessed tonight.

Mick? Well, he was amazing. Still owning the stage at 76, still swiveling those hips...he looked and sounded phenomenal.

All in all, a great night. If this is indeed the last time I ever see them, it was a great swansong.

I'm not sure that measured and cautious is what I want from a rock and roll band, but apart from that, sounds like a really great show, and I can't wait for mine to roll around. Glad you had such a great time!

Date: July 8, 2019 09:25

Aquamarine
keefriff99

I'm not sure that measured and cautious is what I want from a rock and roll band, but apart from that, sounds like a really great show, and I can't wait for mine to roll around. Glad you had such a great time!
It just feels like there's more emphasis on playing tightly as a unit. With the tempos slowed down and Keith posing and flailing much less than he used to, everyone just seems really dialed in and focused. Ronnie still has moments of acting goofy, but even he seems re-committed to nailing all his parts.

I get your point, but it was also nice to hear such a tight set from them.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 8, 2019 09:33

keefriff99
It just feels like there's more emphasis on playing tightly as a unit. With the tempos slowed down and Keith posing and flailing much less than he used to, everyone just seems really dialed in and focused. Ronnie still has moments of acting goofy, but even he seems re-committed to nailing all his parts.

thumbs up

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 8, 2019 10:08

Another great show, what surprises me with these mini tours playing live a maximum of twice a week, ( 4 days or more between shows ) is that the band do get tighter and better rehearsed.
I would imagine sitting around in hotels for four nights or more between gigs would make them rusty if anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 11:20 by keithsman.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 8, 2019 10:10

Official Setlist - Foxborough/Boston, 7-Jul-2019:

"Thanks for a great night Foxborough! And thank you to Gary Clark Jr for joining us for Ride ‘Em On Down"

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · Large version

[Twitter.com] · Large version

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 13:50 by Irix.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 8, 2019 11:55

keefriff99

I get your point, but it was also nice to hear such a tight set from them.

Dialed in and focused sounds much better!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 8, 2019 12:02

Deleted out of respect for Keith, lets hope these are the last shows so he can retire with most of his dignity intact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 12:41 by keithsman.

Posted by: DrFixembones ()
Date: July 8, 2019 12:52

Took the subway from the south station to the concert. Fantastic show! Definitely funny stuff during the middle of midnight rambler when Keith started playing the intro on his own. Dead flowers sounded really good, ride them on down with Gary Clark Junior also sounded good. It was a fantastic show, I preferred Washington solely for the set list but this one gets an A!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 8, 2019 13:25

keithsman
Deleted out of respect for Keith, lets hope these are the last shows so he can retire with most of his dignity intact.

What?!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 8, 2019 13:40

passive aggressive posting (i.e. deleted post with sneaky hint) is not really nice

The Rolling Stones - Foxboro MA 7-July-2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 8, 2019 13:42

Music Review: Rolling Stones not acting their age at Gillette

Robert E. Klein

By Susan McDonald
July 8, 2019

Mick Jagger may not always get what he wants, but Sunday night at Gillette Stadium he and the rest of the legendary rockers, The Rolling Stones, were getting a lot of love from a nearly sold-out audience.

Apologizing for “screwing things up” when emergency heart valve surgery caused the band to reschedule many of their 2019 dates for the “No Filter Tour,” including the original June date at Gillette, Jagger seemed the model of recovery as he strutted and sashayed about the stage, catwalk and secondary stage throughout an 18-song set and feisty two-song encore.

Except for a few momentary dips in vocals that could easily be attributed to age (he and guitarist Keith Richards are 75, drummer Charlie Watts is 78 and guitarist Ronnie Wood is 72), Jagger proved his mettle in the band’s third appearance at Gillette, rolling through classics like “Play with Fire,” “Brown Sugar” and “Start Me Up” with ease.

The set opened with Jagger’s herky-jerky movements set to “Street Fighting Man” before the band segued to the more bluesy sounding intro of “It’s Only Rock ’n Roll (But I Like It)” as full-body video of individual musicians played on towering screens behind the band. Beyond the screens, which shifted into black and white video for “Paint it Black” late in the set but otherwise pulsed full color, the concert was stripped of any flash or glitz as the Stones wisely let the music stand for itself.

Jagger proved a little winded in some points of “Tumbling Dice” and “Dead Flowers,” but pumped full energy and personality on “She’s So Cold,” which was chosen in a fan vote for the set, a rich acoustic version of “Play with Fire” and when manning the harmonica in “Midnight Rambler” and other numbers.

Numbers like “Ride ’Em on Down,” for which the Stones called out opener Gary Clark Jr. to contribute vocals and his full-throttle guitar picking, proved highlights of the night because they showcased the skills of each band member. In this instance, Richards and Wood scorched on their guitars, keeping pace with the fast fingers of Clark, as Jagger coaxed mournful wails from the harmonica.

The night’s best moments came mid-set when the Stones launched into a raucous, extended version of “Honky Tonk Woman.”

Other moments, however, were less than exciting, such as the overdone electric guitar licks on the chorus of “Sympathy for the Devil,” which only served to drown out Jagger’s vocals, and the awkward two songs Richards offered, ostensibly to give Jagger a break. The slower “Slipping Away” was downright painful as Richards whispered and squeaked his way through, and “Before They Make Me Run” was only saved by a faster tempo and rock edge. While it better suited his voice, the song still dragged.

But, when Jagger was on stage, all eyes were riveted to him, whether it was to see how he’d shake his arms to generate more audience participation or shimmy his hips like an exotic dancer. Clad in a top hat and sequined tails after the acoustic portion of the set, he strapped on a guitar for an energetic version of “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” which also featured a sizzling guitar solo by Wood. Later, he shimmied to the far edges of the stage, hoisting a guitar over his head during the chorus of a fun “Miss You.”

[www.providencejournal.com]

Date: July 8, 2019 13:48

here is the "raucous" HTW

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: July 8, 2019 13:50

Matthew J. Lee/Boston Globe

Date: July 8, 2019 13:51

and here are the "overdone electric guitar licks" on SFTD

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: July 8, 2019 13:52

Date: July 8, 2019 13:53

OMG great photos bye bye johnny, thanks! eye popping smiley

Date: July 8, 2019 13:54

Date: July 8, 2019 13:56

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1501
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home