Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RIP Joao Gilberto
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 7, 2019 00:07

Joao Gilberto has passed away. He was a great musician. Adieu.

Re: RIP Joao Gilberto
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 7, 2019 02:59

There's not many people who I can think of as being creators of a new musical style. João was one of them. Of all the great albums he recorded in his career of 45+ years, perhaps his best known album was Getz/Gilberto, which is still being played worldwide. RIP João and thanks for all your great music.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 8, 2019 23:54

Like Burt Bacharach, he defines the 1960s. And like Burt Bacharach, he defines it for people who were born before 1940. I would imagine that even for young adults in the 60s, The Beatles and their hysterical teenaged fans must have seemed very silly. This would have been the music for them. Hip, sophisticated, and oh so cool.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-09 00:08 by tatters.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: July 9, 2019 12:29

Cristiano Radtke
There's not many people who I can think of as being creators of a new musical style. João was one of them. Of all the great albums he recorded in his career of 45+ years, perhaps his best known album was Getz/Gilberto, which is still being played worldwide. RIP João and thanks for all your great music.

Agree with you Cristiano!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home