Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Foxborough Song Vote
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 6, 2019 00:08

watterrats-I wasn't going to bother to vote, but just for you-LWM.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 6, 2019 00:21

Folks -------- It will Be "Like A Rolling Stone" -it fits with this tour - No worries they will mix up the set-list in a couple other places!!!!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 6, 2019 01:05

Boy tough call. I’m guessing an extended She’s So Cold with Gary Clark Jr.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 6, 2019 01:08

TumblinDice76

aaahhh - c'mon, thank you kindly!

But neverthelss: I don't give a sh#t what the winner is ...

... AS LONG AS THEY LIVE AND PLAY ...

But thx for voting my way anyway! grinning smiley

Did you know it: I love you all! smileys with beer

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 6, 2019 01:21

LSTNT
Pretty disappointing list of songs. Anything but Live with Me

ohh yes, it is all so disappointing. why do they even play? can't they just quit? every night the same songs over and over again. stop now. I don't want to read more disappointing Setlists anymore….bla bla bla

Posted by: lovingcup22 ()
Date: July 6, 2019 01:24

Out Of Control please...

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: July 6, 2019 03:45

hockenheim95
LSTNT
Pretty disappointing list of songs. Anything but Live with Me

ohh yes, it is all so disappointing. why do they even play? can't they just quit? every night the same songs over and over again. stop now. I don't want to read more disappointing Setlists anymore….bla bla bla

Don’t recall saying anything about them not playing. Just voicing my opinion. If you don’t want to read about it, stay off the board.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 6, 2019 04:22

She's so Cold

Rod

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: July 6, 2019 04:33

Can't go wrong with any of them.......All Great

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 6, 2019 08:56

what the hell …. play 'em all …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 6, 2019 08:58

If they could do it justice, I’d vote for Out of Control.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 6, 2019 10:48

Rockman
what the hell …. play 'em all …..

You know what would be funny? If they forget to play the Song Vote selection. Then after the concert say "Damn we did???"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-06 11:21 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 6, 2019 14:16

Hopefully they include Rough justice in one of the next Song votes!

Date: July 6, 2019 14:51

Javadave
Where's Foxborough?

Are you serious??

Maybe try typing it into Google or some other search engine.

* [www.foxboroughma.gov] *

The same place the Stones played in 1989,1994,1997,2002,2006 etc. .

* [en.wikipedia.org] *

New stadium in 2002,built (I believe) in the area of the parking lot of the old stadium.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-06 15:00 by Winning Ugly VXII.

Date: July 6, 2019 15:11

So,anyway,since this list is COMPLETELY all songs that they have already performed here on recent tours,I am leaning towards not buying tickets and using the money on something else.

I know that the Stones will still somehow manage to survive but,I want to put it out there on record.

I wanted to go with a group of 5 people but,now I might just wait for one of the MetLife Stadium concerts ..... and just buy one of the cheapest tickets and go by myself.

I can't justify spending FOUR FIGURES if they can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes to come up with a list of songs not played in the area to vote for.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: July 6, 2019 17:00

Live with me was played in Chicago 2013. Not sure if it had been played since.
Probably the best choice

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 6, 2019 17:08

I've been to Foxboro. Saw the Grateful Dead with Los Lobos opening for them there in 1989. My question was where is Foxborough? Leicestershire?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 6, 2019 17:19

Winning Ugly VXII
So,anyway,since this list is COMPLETELY all songs that they have already performed here on recent tours,I am leaning towards not buying tickets and using the money on something else.

I know that the Stones will still somehow manage to survive but,I want to put it out there on record.

I wanted to go with a group of 5 people but,now I might just wait for one of the MetLife Stadium concerts ..... and just buy one of the cheapest tickets and go by myself.

I can't justify spending FOUR FIGURES if they can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes to come up with a list of songs not played in the area to vote for.

Honestly, if the song vote is enough to tip the scales because it may have been played there in the last twenty years, I'd recommend sitting this one out.
Spoiler: The other 19 songs are likely ones you've heard before as well cool smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 6, 2019 17:33

JDSAM1994
Live with me was played in Chicago 2013. Not sure if it had been played since.

Lisbon 2014
Desert Trip 2016

Date: July 6, 2019 18:03

Javadave
I've been to Foxboro. Saw the Grateful Dead with Los Lobos opening for them there in 1989. My question was where is Foxborough? Leicestershire?

Foxborough is the real name of the town.

As you could tell by the official town government web-site in the link.

Shortened to Foxboro by some,including the post office.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 6, 2019 18:07

It's a shame Christina Aguilera has never released a proper rock album. Her duet with Mick on "Live With Me" from the Beacon "Shine A Light" performance is outstanding. Pair her up with someone like Cody and Luther Dickinson and let it rock!

Date: July 6, 2019 18:15

MisterDDDD
Winning Ugly VXII

Honestly, if the song vote is enough to tip the scales because it may have been played there in the last twenty years, I'd recommend sitting this one out.
Spoiler: The other 19 songs are likely ones you've heard before as well cool smiley

Fair enough.

Like,I say,it probably will be enough to tip the scales against it. Unless maybe I can convince my 12 year old daughter to go.

But,for the actual numbers :

She's So Cold : less than 14 years ago (twice)

Out of Control : less than 14 years ago (twice) plus twice in '97

Live With Me : less than 13 years ago

Like a Rolling Stone : roughly 16 and a half years ago

All in the Boston / Foxborough area.

While,they could immediately look at bringing back some of the '81 tour songs that they still perform ..... as that tour didn't stop in Boston.... "Waiting On a Friend","Imagination" never performed in the area. "Dancing With Mr.D","Fool to Cry","It's All Over Now" and "Shine a Light" never performed in the area. That just a quick 6 of them off of the top of my head. I don't see why someone from The Stones can't do the same thing.

As they say around here,it is what it is.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 6, 2019 18:31

waterrats
TumblinDice76

True enough...but like any vote/election, it's important to take part, and sometimes give you're reasoning as to why you're either for or against a certain pick.
For example, I think I played a part in making sure Emotional Rescue wasn't played in the last vote ( winking smiley ), and this time I'll do my best to make sure LIVE WITH ME is played!!!!thumbs up
How anyone can NOT vote for Live With Me is beyond any rationale reasoning, but that's what makes the world go round.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 6, 2019 18:40

Hairball
How anyone can NOT vote for Live With Me is beyond any rationale reasoning, but that's what makes the world go round.

Easy to explain: Nowadays they can´t do a version of Live With Me that comes any close to the original, but I bet they can do a good version of She´s So Cold since it is much easier to play & sing.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 6, 2019 18:46

Nice try HMS, but not true regarding Live With Me.

If the great Live With Me performance at Desert Trip is anything to go by, and the fact they're playing so much better than they were just a few years ago, LIVE WITH ME would be EXPLOSIVE!!!
Get off your ass and vote, and do the right thing! winking smiley

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 6, 2019 20:18

Hairball
waterrats
TumblinDice76

True enough...but like any vote/election, it's important to take part, and sometimes give you're reasoning as to why you're either for or against a certain pick.
For example, I think I played a part in making sure Emotional Rescue wasn't played in the last vote ( winking smiley ), and this time I'll do my best to make sure LIVE WITH ME is played!!!!thumbs up

That was you? Prevented Emotional Rescue from being played? A pox on your house, sir! ;-)

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 6, 2019 20:24

TheBlockbuster
HMS
YGMR should be a regular anyway.
Great song.

Agreed. The setlist needs at least one song released in the 90s or later... YGMR is a good rocker which they always tend to play well. I think it deserves to be a part of the warhorse parade in the second half of the show, like it was during a few shows in 1997.

Haha, good ironic

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: July 7, 2019 00:48

lovingcup22
Out Of Control please...
Yes--they can still play this one well. Groovy bass from Darryl.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 7, 2019 03:31

So basically it’s one of those 4 and Memory Motel, which they will pull out here for the Boston lyric.

Ugh.

J

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: July 7, 2019 03:33

Hope all who are going tomorrow night stay safe and have a great time

Hope it doesn’t rain

Bring food, snacks, drinks, and smokes if you are tailgating. You’re not going anywhere quick after the concert.

This will be my seventh Boston area Stones show. My first was back in 1989. Wow, so much has changed since then.

I’ll be going with the second Mrs. Shade, her first Stones concert. God bless her! She’s my no T but A, but she’s got soul. I’m her 19th Nervous Breakdown.

Have fun everyone, be good, and tell people you love them while they’re still alive.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home