Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13
Re: New Brian Jones film
Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: November 1, 2019 10:44

The director Danny Garcia approached me.He wanted information I had and use it for his film.I declined and he started saying some very unpleasant tings. Totally out of order. I am disappointed that renowned Stones author Simon Wells is working with these guys.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 1, 2019 12:36

paulspendel
The director Danny Garcia approached me.He wanted information I had and use it for his film.I declined and he started saying some very unpleasant tings. Totally out of order. I am disappointed that renowned Stones author Simon Wells is working with these guys.

Paul, I hope one day we get a serious documentary which looks at his life, music and influences. Sure, make some reference to his chaotic private life and untimely death, but a balanced view must be possible. Heck, there hsve been plenty of damaged souls out there, past and present in the music business. One of Charlie's musical idols was the great jazz musician Charlie Parker. As a human being his one redeeming feature seems to have been his musical gifts...in all other respects...oh dear! Still possible to give recognition to his talent though.

Date: November 1, 2019 13:46

Very well said. Spot on. However, a big hurdle seems to be that the subject of Brian seems to attract the weirdest of people playing researcher/journalist apart from Paul Trynka and ofcourse myself smiling smiley. Seriously, the nutters I have met! This will stand in the way of a decent documentary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-01 13:47 by paulspendel.

Re: New Documentary on the Death of Brian Jones
Date: November 1, 2019 14:28

Perhaps Paul Trynka could be persuaded to approach the BBC to part produce a documentary. Their 'Imagine' series are excellent and BBC4 is very good for its music docs. on Friday nights.
A Film for TV only surely reduces costs, with the potential of a DVD release at some future date.
Time is running out: contributions from the likes of Bill Wyman, Pete Townshend, Macca, Andrew Oldham, Marianne and others might be difficult to obtain in say 10 years time, for fairly obvious reasons.

Date: November 1, 2019 14:36

While researching in the UK for the book 'Brian Jones. The final truth' I noticed something very, very strange: whenever an official body was approached ranging from the Home Office to the BBC, all the shutters went down immidiately. It's still going on. Mentioning Brian's name causes an allergic reaction to officials.

Date: November 1, 2019 14:39

For instance I approached the officials with the Sussex Police who handled the re-investigation in 1994. They told me they hadn't even heard of his case, which was beyond a joke. Not many people know that Sussex Police in 1998 raided the house of DCI Laurence Finley and took away all of his Brian Jones files.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-01 14:40 by paulspendel.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 1, 2019 15:00

All who have followed the ins and outs connected to Brian's death over the past 50 years by now know that there are still people around with "blood on their hands". Possibly some are still alive and still connected with the police and its history one way or the other. They first have to pass away (like Jimmy Saville) before some dare to finally speak out.

Date: November 1, 2019 16:32

Good observation,Georgie48. When Peter Hunter dies, the last 1969 copper involved, stuff will definitely come out. Trust me.

Date: November 1, 2019 16:44

A couple of years ago DCI Robert Marshall died. A source related to the Sussex Police told me Peter Hunter and Brenda Parsons immidiately had lunch in East Grindstead to discuss what to do with the remaining BJ files.These files contain the photos reporters Sid Curtis and Harry Jones took of Brian's body next to the pool.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: November 1, 2019 16:45

DGAS whatsoever.

Date: November 1, 2019 16:51

Hi Virgil, why respond to something you don't care about?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 1, 2019 17:28

paulspendel

thumbs up

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 2, 2019 00:47

CaptainCorella
24FPS
I can't wait for the crap scary music bed when they talk about the 'suspects' in Saint Brian's death.

Not a dumb spelling flame, but did you mean to write...

I can't wait for the crap scary music bit when they talk about the 'suspects' in Saint Brian's death.

ie Autocorrect to 'bed' when it should have been 'bit'??

No. I had it right. Bed as in music bed. The layers of music underneath it all. You're forgiven.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: November 3, 2019 14:03

paulspendel

Good point, I didn’t realize it until I starting reading through the thread. Then it just came to me and I posted it, that’s all.

Date: November 3, 2019 18:28

Fair enough. 4 weeks community service will do.

Date: November 3, 2019 21:43

Slightly off topic (but not completely) has anyone ever seen any photos of Brian and his last (and live-in) girlfriend Anna Wholin together ? If not, it seems odd...unless they somehow got thrown on the 'fire'.
Certainly don't remember seeing any in Anna's book.

Date: November 3, 2019 21:46

Tom Keylock took numerous photos at Cotchford. One of his inlaws has the originals. It seems a no go area.

Date: November 3, 2019 22:06

paulspendel
Tom Keylock took numerous photos at Cotchford. One of his inlaws has the originals. It seems a no go area.

Thanks Paul.
So, another no go area....to add to the many.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 3, 2019 23:37

paulspendel
Good observation,Georgie48. When Peter Hunter dies, the last 1969 copper involved, stuff will definitely come out. Trust me.

So how old approximately is Peter Hunter?

Date: November 4, 2019 09:08

Nothing else needs be said about Brian. We get it. He was a rogue before he was a Stone. He was a founding member. He was a couple steps ahead of the others when they started. They caught up. Mick and Keith wrote songs. Brian didn't/couldn't. Brian couldn't handle things. He was petty. He got bored playing rhythm guitar. He left the hard work to Keith and played around with a variety of instruments. He got some interesting sounds. He was violent with Anita. She left him. He couldn't handle it. He stopped contributing to the group. They dumped him. He died. No one really knows why, and only a handful of cultists and opportunists care.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 4, 2019 09:46

…. you left out the Last Time riff and the snake skin boots ….

ROCKMAN

Date: November 5, 2019 02:13

Rockman

And all the little bastards he left behind. Bastard is a dictionary definition of a child born without married parents. Complain to Webster, not me.

Date: November 5, 2019 12:02

24FPS
Rockman

And all the little bastards he left behind. Bastard is a dictionary definition of a child born without married parents. Complain to Webster, not me.

Not the 2019-edition, I presume? grinning smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 5, 2019 15:10

I don't know whether Brian drowned because he was wasted, had a seizure, had cramps, or had his head held under too long. I do know that whether we're discussing Brian's contributions to sessions, what he was like as a person, or how he died - it's of interest to me and certainly others because he was the Foundation Stone.

Not trying to take the steam out of the banter. I love the camaraderie of this place and always will, but I want people like Paul to stick around and keep sharing information. I'll not worry about whether theories are water-tight or not. I'll read them and decide for myself what I think.

Date: November 5, 2019 16:02

"....theories are watertight..... "
LOL !

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: November 5, 2019 18:32

Rocky Dijon
I don't know whether Brian drowned because he was wasted, had a seizure, had cramps, or had his head held under too long. I do know that whether we're discussing Brian's contributions to sessions, what he was like as a person, or how he died - it's of interest to me and certainly others because he was the Foundation Stone.

Not trying to take the steam out of the banter. I love the camaraderie of this place and always will, but I want people like Paul to stick around and keep sharing information. I'll not worry about whether theories are water-tight or not. I'll read them and decide for myself what I think.

Good post

Date: November 5, 2019 18:33

That’s kind of you Rocky. Thank you.

Date: November 5, 2019 21:19

DandelionPowderman
24FPS
Rockman

Not the 2019-edition, I presume? grinning smiley

Who still buys a physical dictionary in 2019? All right, I'll update it. 'Complain to Google, not me'. smileys with beer

Date: November 7, 2019 17:33

For the BJ connaisseurs (like jlowe): a smal clip from my interview with Janet Lawson.She explains why Joan Fitzsimons could know about what Frank did to Brian.

[soundcloud.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-07 17:37 by paulspendel.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 7, 2019 20:36

runaway
Rocky Dijon

Good post

Agreed. This topic is certainly of interest to me. Notice my username.....

"No Anchovies, Please"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home