Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13
Life And Death Of Brian Jones - New Documentary
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 4, 2019 07:11

Coming in July

Rawlins Netflix doco

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-20 12:49 by bv.

Re: New Documentary on the Death of Brian Jones
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 4, 2019 09:26

B O R I N G.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 4, 2019 11:01

Without knowing a single thing about the production ...I predict a load of tosh & drivel .

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:06

Me, I'd like a new documentary on the life of Brian Jones.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:14

Green Lady

That's a very good point. It'd be nice if more folks knew a bit more about Brian than that he drowned in his swimming pool.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:25

I call him Terry tabloid Rawlings. He comes across like a journo from The Sun or something. Far too sensationalist and thirsty for the theories and dirt.

Music music music!

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 4, 2019 18:59

Green Lady

A good point for sure and more about his music

Date: July 4, 2019 22:19

runaway
Green Lady

Yes, but he's really a cult item now. Most people have seen whatever footage is available of him playing. Most people now know about the illegitimate kids. A good hour doc by a reputable filmmaker, not looking for death conspiracies would be nice.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 4, 2019 23:50

24FPS
runaway
Green Lady

Yes, but he's really a cult item now. Most people have seen whatever footage is available of him playing. Most people now know about the illegitimate kids. A good hour doc by a reputable filmmaker, not looking for death conspiracies would be nice.

This is what I meant: the death conspiracies have been chewed over ad nauseam for years, and although there seems to be an endless supply of conspiracy theorists, we are never likely to know what happened. Brian did more interesting things in his 27 years than die mysteriously at the end of them.

Date: July 5, 2019 20:35

Green Lady
24FPS
runaway
Green Lady

This is what I meant: the death conspiracies have been chewed over ad nauseam for years, and although there seems to be an endless supply of conspiracy theorists, we are never likely to know what happened. Brian did more interesting things in his 27 years than die mysteriously at the end of them.

Jim Morrison, who also died July 3rd, also died under mysterious circumstances. We'll probably never know exactly what happened to Jimi Hendrix. For some reason they've never attracted the mountebanks and sensationalists Brian has.

Date: July 5, 2019 20:44

Brian's death has more dubious things about it tto make even one of his former band mates ponder publicly whether there is more to it.

Date: July 5, 2019 23:34

His Majesty
Brian's death has more dubious things about it tto make even one of his former band mates ponder publicly whether there is more to it.

Maybe. But they all have the same thing in common, there were people with them in their last hours, but we're not sure who or if they had anything to do with it. Same with John Belushi. Anyway, aren't all the alleged do badders dead? Let's pretend there was something dubious that happened. So. It's too late for anyone to be punished. Last time I checked Brian was still dead. It's very plausible that a man in his poor physical state could have simply drowned. I know that's not romantic, or complicated enough, but neither is accepting that Lee Harvey Oswald simply killed President Kennedy. He had the motive, and the opportunity.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 6, 2019 00:11

It's hard to imagine a 27 year old man drowning in a pool unless he couldn't swim or was totally wasted. How deep was the pool by the way?
The only plausible reason would be that he hit the head on something and passed out.

Date: July 6, 2019 00:18

24FPS
His Majesty

Maybe. But they all have the same thing in common, there were people with them in their last hours, but we're not sure who or if they had anything to do with it. Same with John Belushi. Anyway, aren't all the alleged do badders dead? Let's pretend there was something dubious that happened. So. It's too late for anyone to be punished. Last time I checked Brian was still dead. It's very plausible that a man in his poor physical state could have simply drowned. I know that's not romantic, or complicated enough, but neither is accepting that Lee Harvey Oswald simply killed President Kennedy. He had the motive, and the opportunity.

There's so many possible scenarios. Was just saying why it has carried on.

The general messiness of Brian's life adds to it. Then there's the whole character assassination that feeds the theories that someone might wish him harm and act on it.

For me, the truth of his last day flew away with him.

The music he helped create is what remains and what matters to me. smoking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 6, 2019 00:21

Green Lady
the death conspiracies have been chewed over ad nauseam for years, and although there seems to be an endless supply of conspiracy theorists, we are never likely to know what happened. Brian did more interesting things in his 27 years than die mysteriously at the end of them.

thumbs up could not be said better

Date: July 6, 2019 00:21

Stoneage
It's hard to imagine a 27 year old man drowning in a pool unless he couldn't swim or was totally wasted. How deep was the pool by the way?
The only plausible reason would be that he hit the head on something and passed out.

He had blacked out a few times during 1968.

Once with Suki and George Chkiantz in Morocco. Talking and then just doink he hit the deck.

The pool temp was up very high. Easy enough to fall asleep in a hot bath never mind a hot pool. That's what Charlie thinks happened.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 6, 2019 00:41

But even if you fall asleep, which I don't find that plausible in a pool, the body has strong reflexes - surely, most people would wake up coming under water.
But I guess we would never know what really happened...

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: July 6, 2019 00:58

Young, healthy swimmers have drowned in swimming pools. When people hold their breath to go underwater, they sometimes have an imbalance between oxygen and carbon dioxide. If a swimmer doesn't come up for air at the right time, they temporarily faint underwater. If no one notices that they are underwater (they often wind up at the bottom of the pool), they can drown. An article that explains how it happens:

[campusrecmag.com]

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 6, 2019 00:59

Whitney Houston drowned in a foot of bath water.
John Bonham, Bon Scott etc., basically drowned in their own vomit.
Brian was drunk and loaded with depressents -- it would only take one gulp of pool water to trigger his death.
It's very sad, but like others, I wish there was more examination of his musical gifts and the drive he exhibited during the first few years of the band.

Date: July 6, 2019 01:08

wonderboy
Whitney Houston drowned in a foot of bath water.
John Bonham, Bon Scott etc., basically drowned in their own vomit.
Brian was drunk and loaded with depressents -- it would only take one gulp of pool water to trigger his death.
It's very sad, but like others, I wish there was more examination of his musical gifts and the drive he exhibited during the first few years of the band.

Was he really drunk and loaded? Didn't the autopsy confirm that he only had small doses of medicine in his system?

Date: July 6, 2019 01:17

marianna
Young, healthy swimmers have drowned in swimming pools. When people hold their breath to go underwater, they sometimes have an imbalance between oxygen and carbon dioxide. If a swimmer doesn't come up for air at the right time, they temporarily faint underwater. If no one notices that they are underwater (they often wind up at the bottom of the pool), they can drown. An article that explains how it happens:

[campusrecmag.com]

Adding asthma, drugs and alcohol to this sure makes it seem quite inevitable he was going to go out this way even if it hadn't happened on the night of the 2nd July.

Adding Frank to the scenario... this bit caught my attention.

"Never play breath holding games".

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 6, 2019 01:25

DandelionPowderman
[

Was he really drunk and loaded? Didn't the autopsy confirm that he only had small doses of medicine in his system?

The coroner's report said so. ... Sadly, at that point in his life he was most likely under the influence 24 hours a day.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 7, 2019 23:03

There have been loads of documentaries on UK Television...."The last 24 hours of"....
Elvis
Whitney Houston
Jimmy Hendrix
George Michael
John Belushi
Michael Jackson...to name but a few.

A respected Pathologist usually leads the film which ends with a 'likely cause'.
Emphasis is on the medical evidence and general state of health of the deceased.
It's not sensationalist and production costs are on the more modest side.

Surprised Brian hasn't been done yet, so to speak.

Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 02:46

Green Lady

You never know, there might be one in the making.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 31, 2019 01:21

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 31, 2019 03:15

would be great to get more of brians life, especially the music, when i listen to stones outtakes and especially instrumentals from 1967 with many songs overloaded with brians influence i come to the opinion brian would have got into film production/soundtracks etc. he was more than a rocker in a band. he had so much talent, and the period he was in the stones will always remain so important to the bands history.

i do think he was murdered though, not as a result of any premeditated grand plan, but as an argument that went wrong, and ended in the pool.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 31, 2019 03:44

24FPS
B O R I N G.

It is truely offensive to say "boring" without any further intelligent comments. A monkey might say boring. Humans talk.

Bjornulf

Date: July 31, 2019 10:51

There is seemingly some great footage in it, but I do not expect much from the people talking in it.

A huge warning sign for me is that they use a fake recording that claims to be Brian, but most certainly isn't, in the funding promo clip for it. This tells me they are not much in the know about Brian as a musician.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 31, 2019 14:56

I've been chatting about this on a FB site and had a hilarious exchange with someone - probably a member of IORR too - who is absolutely certain that Brian was murdered.

As HM says no one will ever know unless they were there and saw it happen. There were only a handful of people in the house and only one is still alive, Anna Wohlin.

I'm afraid the lure of filty lucre encouraged those with no scruples to speculate and even lie in order to earn some blood money. A truly shameful episode that has got weasels like Rawlings and sensationalist directors like Garcia embroidering a murder story.

Date: July 31, 2019 15:42

Anna died in March this year.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home