Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16
Re: Washington DC show 3-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:06

MartinB

Do you mean Mick and Keith? Or do you include Charlie, Bill and Ronnie?

You seem to want to go deeper, so...

Let's look at Ronnie. He had drug and drink problems and as an old man behaved as bad as Brian.

Where's the repeated character assassination by Mick and Keith? Ah, there is none.

Brian atleast had the stupidity of youth as an excuse. What's Ronnies? Midlife crisis? Ah, that's ok then.

Best I stop. No good comes from this and I still love them as the ace musicians they have always been. I should have known better than to expect anything from them in relation to Brian. My fault.

As you were.

smileys with beer

Re: Washington DC show 3-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:10

Just saw the video of Mercy. Mercy - Song needs to stay in setlist.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:15

Long live The Rolling Stones!

hot smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:16

Chris Fountain
Just saw the video of Mercy. Mercy - Song needs to stay in setlist.

I wish it would. But this one will probably stay a one-off like Kansas City in Kansas City 2015

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:17

Re: ‘not mentioning’ Brian: we know enough about Mick and Keith from reading about their assorted spats and rifts. They’re very English. Spoken emotion isn’t their thing, else the old fights would have been solved sooner. I’ll elect to believe Mercy Mercy WAS their tribute to Brian, it’s not a small coincidence they rehearsed and pulled something out from 50 years ago to the day.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:18

A lot of people prefer Karl to Bobby, interesting, i liked it when Karl started out, i enjoyed his nice little touches and it was refreshing, but to my ears he has gone so far away from the original track the song is becoming derailed.
Pardon the pun. winking smiley

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:20

His Majesty
MartinB

Let's look at Ronnie. He had drug and drink problems and as an old man behaved as bad as Brian.

Where's the repeated character assassination by Mick and Keith? Ah, there is none.

Brian atleast had the stupidity of youth as an excuse. What's Ronnies? Midlife crisis? Ah, that's ok then.

Best I stop. No good comes from this and I still love them as the ace musicians they have always been. I should have known better than to expect anything from them in relation to Brian. My fault.

As you were.

smileys with beer

Thank you. I apologise for teasing you :-)

Date: July 4, 2019 17:23

jasona93
Re: ‘not mentioning’ Brian: we know enough about Mick and Keith from reading about their assorted spats and rifts. They’re very English. Spoken emotion isn’t their thing, else the old fights would have been solved sooner. I’ll elect to believe Mercy Mercy WAS their tribute to Brian, it’s not a small coincidence they rehearsed and pulled something out from 50 years ago to the day.

... and Ronnie playing Brian's part and his choice of guitar.

Chill phil. They are emotionally uptight weirdos of course they won't come right out and say "This is for Brian! leemme hear yah say yeaaaah!" grinning smiley

Still. I feel hurt by it. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:25

latebloomer
If you're a weather junkie like me, here's the forecast from Weather Underground. smiling smiley They're showing no rain for Landover.

[www.wunderground.com]

TWC is silly, which Weather Underground is affiliated with.

However, BV probably isn't exactly aware of whatever local news stations there are with their own weather for every city the Stones are going to or near so...

Date: July 4, 2019 17:27

His Majesty
MartinB

As you were.

smileys with beer

You convey my thoughts exactly, Ronnie has been just as bad, and as you say he doesn't have youth as an excuse, i could go much further but don't want to spoil the vibe of a great show last night, so yeah, less said the better, but well noted His Majesty and justifiably so thumbs up

Date: July 4, 2019 17:29

smileys with beer

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:41

Yeah, they've all done some sh*t but the difference is that the others were just ignorant in certain situations while Brian intentionally did things to see other people suffer. He was some kind of sadist. Ronnie and Keith might have been ignorant or selfish while they were drug addicted, but they were no sadists. I mean, Brian ordered tons of food to throw it at his girlfriend...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:49

Since Mercy, Mercy was so well received by those at the show as well those who were not, I believe we haven't seen the last of it!
We need to show more love for Rocks Off so they'll play it again and again and again!

So far the tour has exceeded my expectations, but had a feeling it would be special based on the greatness of the previous No Filter legs, and especially the circumstances with Mick and ultimately his FULL RECOVERY.
Will there be more new additions to the setlist as the tour marches on? Have only seen one show (so far), and followed the others via periscope, facebook, reports and youtube vids after the fact, and am LOVING IT ALL!!!

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:57

His Majesty
Not even posts about him on their social media accounts.
Didn’t they at least mention him in his birthday - A better day to remember him on.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:58

Hairball
Since Mercy, Mercy was so well received by those at the show as well those who were not, I believe we haven't seen the last of it!
We need to show more love for Rocks Off so they'll play it again and again and again!

So far the tour has exceeded my expectations, but had a feeling it would be special based on the greatness of the previous No Filter legs, and especially the circumstances with Mick and ultimately his FULL RECOVERY.
Will there be more new additions to the setlist as the tour marches on? Have only seen one show (so far), and followed the others via periscope, facebook, reports and youtube vids after the fact, and am LOVING IT ALL!!!

Yes Rocks Off belongs as a staple in the songlist. I saw the video, which does not do the song justice in that environment They seem to rush the break in the song where Mick Starts sing "Feel so Hypnotised- The guitars need to be very be very soft and just playing notes to equal album as opposed to playing chords. It is crucial just as the lyric "the sunshine bores the …

Other than that no complaints- Hopefully my opinion is understandable.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 4, 2019 18:15

keithsman
His Majesty
MartinB

As you were.

smileys with beer

You convey my thoughts exactly, Ronnie has been just as bad, and as you say he doesn't have youth as an excuse, i could go much further but don't want to spoil the vibe of a great show last night, so yeah, less said the better, but well noted His Majesty and justifiably so thumbs up
In my opinion there are big differences, first the period, in 69 the Stones had the need for a tour to survive, according to Ronnie he had his problems but he always participated in rehearsals and record sessions and never missed a concert, despite his problems. Brian unfortunately became untrustworthy according to the stories of the time, he missed the recording sessions and the big concern was the tour ...

Date: July 4, 2019 18:22

StonedRambler
Yeah, they've all done some sh*t but the difference is that the others were just ignorant in certain situations while Brian intentionally did things to see other people suffer. He was some kind of sadist. Ronnie and Keith might have been ignorant or selfish while they were drug addicted, but they were no sadists. I mean, Brian ordered tons of food to throw it at his girlfriend...

Testify

In my opinion there are big differences, first the period, in 69 the Stones had the need for a tour to survive, according to Ronnie he had his problems but he always participated in rehearsals and record sessions and never missed a concert, despite his problems. Brian unfortunately became untrustworthy according to the stories of the time, he missed the recording sessions and the big concern was the tour ...

eye rolling smiley

The biggest difference is Brian died and they have had 50 + years to say what they want without any perspective from the person they vilify.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 18:31 by His Majesty.

The Rolling Stones - Washington DC 3-July-2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 4, 2019 18:28

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 4, 2019 18:30

TheBlockbuster wrote:
"Rocks Off was decent, still not a fantastic version, but better than in Barcelona 2017".

I think the version was nice. As for Barcelona 2017, all of us know what happened then. The band had been startled by Keith's rush. The song was web -choice but Keith started playing, before Mick introduced it.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 4, 2019 18:34

Testify
according to Ronnie he had his problems but he always participated in rehearsals and record sessions and never missed a concert, despite his problems. Brian unfortunately became untrustworthy according to the stories of the time, he missed the recording sessions and the big concern was the tour ...
And we have to thank Ronnie for being an important mediator during the Mick/Keith dispute 1984-89. Some people even think the Stones would not be together anymore if Ronnie hadn't been. Ronnie has his heart in the right place despite doing screwing some things up. Brian was a whole different kind of personality...

Date: July 4, 2019 18:40

Testify
keithsman
His Majesty
MartinB

As you were.

smileys with beer

It's been discussed on iorr before, we're not talking about addiction per-say, rather the way Ronnie has behaved towards women in middle to late years. A quick google will suffice. Similar behavior to Brian but without the excuse of youth or naivety.

Date: July 4, 2019 18:41

StonedRambler
Testify
according to Ronnie he had his problems but he always participated in rehearsals and record sessions and never missed a concert, despite his problems. Brian unfortunately became untrustworthy according to the stories of the time, he missed the recording sessions and the big concern was the tour ...
And we have to thank Ronnie for being an important mediator during the Mick/Keith dispute 1984-89. Some people even think the Stones would not be together anymore if Ronnie hadn't been. Ronnie has his heart in the right place despite doing screwing some things up. Brian was a whole different kind of personality...

Yes, young and caught up in the whole mess of raging hormones, fame, drugs and alcohol so let's demonise him for 50+ years.

The only dead body Brian has any responsibility for was his own. The same can't be said for some of his former associates.

Dead end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 19:47 by His Majesty.

Date: July 4, 2019 18:50

StonedRambler
Testify

Not so, Mick said he refused to tour behind Undercover and Dirty Work because all the Stones were messed up with addictions at the time, Ronnie in particular, the band were falling apart, even Charlie was taking serious drugs and drinking too much at the time.
In one interview when asked if the Stones will tour that year Mick said that the Stones would find it difficult to cross the road let alone tour, so i doubt Ronnie was instrumental in getting the band back on the road, as we know he carried on being the weak link for another two decades after the Stones got back together.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 4, 2019 18:52

keithsman
Testify
keithsman
His Majesty
MartinB

As you were.

smileys with beer

It's been discussed on iorr before, we're not talking about addiction per-say, rather the way Ronnie has behaved towards women in middle to late years. A quick google will suffice. Similar behavior to Brian but without the excuse of youth or naivety.
But I don't think that Brian was dismissed for how he behaved with women, for his unreliability as a musician .... The Rolling Stones have always had to deal with drugs and scandals of various kinds. Bill married a 16-year-old ... but Bill was a reliable musician. When you are rich, famous etc. the problem is not the age ....

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 4, 2019 18:57

Mercy, Mercy was a great tribute. Very fitting. We know what that means and saying, 'This one is for Brian' would have confused most of the audience.
When Brian died, they moved on. Indeed, they had already moved on. It wouldn't have done them any good to carry his name around for 50 years. Whether they talk about him when they are alone is something only they know, but that would be a private thing, which it should be.

Date: July 4, 2019 19:01

Testify
keithsman
Testify
keithsman
His Majesty
MartinB

As you were.

smileys with beer

But I don't think that Brian was dismissed for how he behaved with women, for his unreliability as a musician .... The Rolling Stones have always had to deal with drugs and scandals of various kinds. Bill married a 16-year-old ... but Bill was a reliable musician. When you are rich, famous etc. the problem is not the age ....

Bill married an 18 year old but was dating her from the age of 13 or 14.
yeah i agree Brain was dismissed because he couldn't get his act together, as i said in my previous post Ronnie too struggled to get his act together for 3 decades, so should Brian who brought so much to the band be remembered for only messing up 50 years later.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 4, 2019 19:21

wonderboy
Mercy, Mercy was a great tribute. Very fitting. We know what that means and saying, 'This one is for Brian' would have confused most of the audience.
When Brian died, they moved on. Indeed, they had already moved on. It wouldn't have done them any good to carry his name around for 50 years. Whether they talk about him when they are alone is something only they know, but that would be a private thing, which it should be.

Agree.
A very fitting tribute indeed.
Good on 'em.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 4, 2019 19:34

Mercy Mercy great tribute - clip from 1969 Hyde Park - Last night's version was great as well.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: July 4, 2019 19:54

His Majesty
StonedRambler
Can you explain what,s the meaning about Brian just responsi le for his own death.And who are Jagger Richards watts or wood responsible for?Probably Jagger you thinking of,or is it Keith?Can you explain that?
Testify
according to Ronnie he had his problems but he always participated in rehearsals and record sessions and never missed a concert, despite his problems. Brian unfortunately became according to the stories of the time, he missed the recording sessions and the big concern was the tour ...

Yes, young and caught up in the whole mess of raging hormones, fame, drugs and alcohol so let's demonise him for 50+ years.

The only dead body Brian has any responsibility for was his own. The same can't be said for some of his former associates.

Dead end.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 4, 2019 20:01

GasLightStreet
latebloomer
If you're a weather junkie like me, here's the forecast from Weather Underground. smiling smiley They're showing no rain for Landover.

[www.wunderground.com]

TWC is silly, which Weather Underground is affiliated with.

However, BV probably isn't exactly aware of whatever local news stations there are with their own weather for every city the Stones are going to or near so...

Bjornulf uses the yr.no website which provides excellent forecasts for everywhere in the world. Check it out, you can switch it to English.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home