Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16
Re: Washington DC show 3-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 4, 2019 13:30

timbernardis
Irix

Mercy Mercy - complete with Mick's comments:

[www.Periscope.tv] - Pos. 03:35 - 08:15 .

This link is to U Got Me Rockin, pls try again.

plexi

Pls read again: Position 03:35 - 08:15 .... smiling smiley

timbernardis

Is it Mercy, Mercy or Have Mercy?

plexi

It's: Mercy, Mercy - by the Stones released on the Album 'Out of Our Heads'.

Re: Washington DC show 3-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 4, 2019 13:38

Irix
His Majesty
mnewman505

Mercy Mercy FULL

[www.facebook.com]

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Mercy Mercy - complete with Mick's comments:

[www.Periscope.tv] - Pos. 03:35 - 08:15 .

Don't we all need some mercy these conflicted days.

Date: July 4, 2019 13:42

The least I'd like from each show is, play at least one song I've not seen. Did it the 14 times since 1989. 2015 just got one Shine a Light. I thought I wouldn't get one for this tour. But again they refuse to disappoint and played mercy mercy and Mick called out my home town Norfolk Va. For the first time I've ever heard that. Norfolk is in VA and 4 hrs away. Mick Jagger is the ultimate and first influence of the front man in rock and roll. I defy to line them ALl up and say Mick is not the best front and will not be beaten years after hes gone. Ok. I may be a little excited but seriously if you were there you cant help but feel it go thru you.

I'd like to thank BV for everything and more for this site. And thanks to the members. I've learned invaluable info over the last decade and help from this incredibly diverse community that the love of The Stones bring all together.

Thank you

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 13:49 by Donkey Girl Scout.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 4, 2019 13:44

StonedRambler
Keep in mind that Brian was not in the band anymore when he died. So he had not anything to do with the band at that time anymore. Also he was a bit of a saddist and not necessarily one of the nicest people, at least that's what Keith wrote in 'Life', I didn't know him personally. But I guess they have quite mixed emotions about Brian. And apart from that, 50 years is also just a number. I'm sure Keith does not care about such things. And the other probably don't too.

They are not the nicest people either.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 4, 2019 14:02

His Majesty
StonedRambler
Keep in mind that Brian was not in the band anymore when he died. So he had not anything to do with the band at that time anymore. Also he was a bit of a saddist and not necessarily one of the nicest people, at least that's what Keith wrote in 'Life', I didn't know him personally. But I guess they have quite mixed emotions about Brian. And apart from that, 50 years is also just a number. I'm sure Keith does not care about such things. And the other probably don't too.

Who is "they"?

Date: July 4, 2019 14:26

jasona93
keithsman
What is that silly man doing with that saxophone on Brown Sugar.

Yeah some real liberties taken with that solo. Not gonna start a bash thread or anything but that solo is one that doesn’t need any extra stuff sprinkled (or blasted) all over it. Didn’t Bobby say that in an interview somewhere?

A righteous car crash on Brown Sugar
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 4, 2019 14:27

MartinB

Who is "they"?

'The Rolling Stones'.

Date: July 4, 2019 14:32

His Majesty
StonedRambler

Correct! The glimmers screwed Brian and then they screwed Mick Taylor out of royalties.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 4, 2019 14:38

triceratops
Correct! The glimmers screwed Brian and then they screwed Mick Taylor out of royalties.
That's a really one-sided and simplified view of the whole thing...

Date: July 4, 2019 14:45

StonedRambler

Irony.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 4, 2019 14:52

curt
lem motlow
chatoyancy
Both Mick and Keith mentioned the tanks.

Yeah,so remember that gig you did in China and had to delete some of your songs from the set? Remember that guys?
You don’t have to do that here,you know why mthrfckrs? Because of those guys in the tanks.
Sorry the hardware bothered you,maybe you think your freedom to do and say what you want,dress in shiny clothes and make millions is protected by your fairy godmother.but here’s a fun fact, turns out it is won or lost at the end of the barrel of a gun.
Happy 4th everyone...

Are you acquainted with Dwight D Eisenhower's perspective on the nature of the celebration of Independence Day ?

They should have dropped SFTD...there's a tank mentioned as well...those "mthrfckrs"...

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: July 4, 2019 15:05

chatoyancy
Both Mick and Keith mentioned the tanks.

Curious what did they say?

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 4, 2019 15:08

Donkey Girl Scout
The least I'd like from each show is, play at least one song I've not seen. Did it the 14 times since 1989. 2015 just got one Shine a Light. I thought I wouldn't get one for this tour. But again they refuse to disappoint and played mercy mercy and Mick called out my home town Norfolk Va. For the first time I've ever heard that. Norfolk is in VA and 4 hrs away. Mick Jagger is the ultimate and first influence of the front man in rock and roll. I defy to line them ALl up and say Mick is not the best front and will not be beaten years after hes gone. Ok. I may be a little excited but seriously if you were there you cant help but feel it go thru you.

I'd like to thank BV for everything and more for this site. And thanks to the members. I've learned invaluable info over the last decade and help from this incredibly diverse community that the love of The Stones bring all together.

Thank you

Yes a big thank you to BV and it's members.

Mick created a fairly descent job of being a front man from his influences such as James brown and Tina etc etc etc .

As time went on he crafted his act, i'd say he became the performer he is today for many reasons, not because of his voice live ( because it's limited ) and not because he is the fittest showman, that doesn't make you the best performer in the world, that makes you the last man standing who remains fit enough to do the job.
What makes Mick the best front man is the same thing that makes Keith the best guitarist, it's the music Keith has written and the sound he makes, it's those riffs, those intros , that rhythm and the power they create that gives a canvas for Mick to dance to, it's the whole package, no one was interested in Mick the performer as a solo artist, he was a laughing stock even with all his history.
No , what makes Mick the best front man in the world is not his ability to cover the stage and clap and dance, its the music and sound that the Rolling Stones create that form the backdrop to the illusion of the best front man in the world. winking smiley

Date: July 4, 2019 15:22

His Majesty
StonedRambler

Irony.
Hopefully, I've seen enough people claiming these things.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 4, 2019 15:22

triceratops
jasona93
keithsman
What is that silly man doing with that saxophone on Brown Sugar.

Yeah some real liberties taken with that solo. Not gonna start a bash thread or anything but that solo is one that doesn’t need any extra stuff sprinkled (or blasted) all over it. Didn’t Bobby say that in an interview somewhere?

A righteous car crash on Brown Sugar
[www.youtube.com]

Yes Karl kills Brown Sugar here, he should keep to the script, you cant improve on perfection, Brown Sugar is powerful and exiting and Bobby took the song to an even higher level, Keith really needs to have a word with him because ( the ego of the man ) to try to turn Bobby's solo's into something else isn't working.

Date: July 4, 2019 15:25

StonedRambler

Hopefully, I've seen enough people claiming these things.

Not what I meant, but nevermind. grinning smiley

Date: July 4, 2019 15:30

keithsman

Yes Karl kills Brown Sugar here, he should keep to the script, you cant improve on perfection, Brown Sugar is powerful and exiting and Bobby took the song to an even higher level, Keith really needs to have a word with him because ( the ego of the man ) to try to turn Bobby's solo's into something else isn't working.

The sax solo is the most interesting thing about that tired phoned in rendition.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 4, 2019 15:32

keithsman

I don't get this need to hear the exact same solo every night. We've already heard Bobby Keys solo thousands of times so you can't go wrong with some improvisation. Anything to bring some variation to these played to death songs. It would be fun to hear Ronnie play a solo as well on Brown Sugar.

Date: July 4, 2019 15:36

TheBlockbuster
I don't get this need to hear the exact same solo every night. We've already heard Bobby Keys solo thousands of times so you can't go wrong with some improvisation. Anything to bring some variation to these played to death songs. It would be fun to hear Ronnie play a solo as well on Brown Sugar.
Agree. I think Karl does a great Job on bringing some variation to the solo. You still hear the original phrasing through but he combines it with his own interesting licks

Posted by: tony ()
Date: July 4, 2019 15:46

Do all the limited view seats have some sort of sight restriction or are the ones closer to the front of the stage fine?

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: July 4, 2019 15:51

This was my fourth Stones show and it topped the other three I’ve been to (DC in 2013, Nashville in 2015 and Desert Trip Week 1). It probably helped that it was the best seats I’ve ever had (Section A1, Row 10 - Ronnie’s side) for a Stones show.

Mercy Mercy was absolutely the highlight. There was a great moment when Mick breaks into a falsetto, the crowd pops and I saw of flash of Keith on the screen smiling with a “my boy nailed it” approval.

Rocks Off was probably the best I’ve heard them play it in the modern era. Of course, I think there’s a big difference hearing it in person vs. a recording.

I’m also loving the acoustic set. I haven’t heard Angie live, so I didn’t mind it. Let it Bleed was a great surprise.

In general, the band was on fire. I can’t wait to see them again in NY/NJ.

-Cam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 15:56 by CamRS.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 4, 2019 15:53

I went to the show last night and I was lucky to be as close to the stage, Keith's side, as I have ever been at a Stones show. I am not saying that to brag but to say that I believe the proximity to the musicians makes the experience so much better. Unless you have experienced it you don't know how mind blowing it is to see a show that near. Last night the Stones were fantastic!!! I have seen them many times over the last 37 years and DC 2019 was one of a kind. I am still disturbed by it!!!!
I love the Rolling Stones of 2019!!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: July 4, 2019 15:56

StonedRambler

Agree. I think Karl does a great Job on bringing some variation to the solo. You still hear the original phrasing through but he combines it with his own interesting licks

Yup.

It's supposedly living and breathing music, not a note for note recital.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 4, 2019 16:07

His Majesty
StonedRambler

Yup.

It's supposedly living and breathing music, not a note for note recital.

Exactly.
If the goal was to sound exactly like Bobby, just play a recorded version and put footage of him on the screen. I like Karl's renditions, Stones are lucky to have him and vise-versa.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 16:20

I love Bobby Keyes - but the new guys does a great job.

The Rolling Stones - Washington DC 3-July-2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 4, 2019 16:26

"Angie" & "Let It Bleed" - thanks to Steve Easton:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: July 4, 2019 16:27

No one will ever replace Bobby, but Karl’s solo and the little touches he added brings a nice new flavor to Brown Sugar.

I think it’s perfectly okay in general for the supporting band members to add their own touches to the songs.

- Cam

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 4, 2019 16:30

The stadium looked packed; if it was not sold out, it must have been at least 90% sold.
It is great to "take in " the view of that large crowd who came ,like you, to see the Stones. Makes me feel in the company of a big amount of friends; very special feeling. Rock and Roll is great and I knew it when I turned 14, long long time ago.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 16:32 by rollmops.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 4, 2019 16:35

His Majesty
MartinB

Who is "they"?

'The Rolling Stones'.

Do you mean Mick and Keith? Or do you include Charlie, Bill and Ronnie?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 4, 2019 17:03

5stringTele
We sure miss Bobby.

Yes, we do. But Brown Sugar needs a sax solo, and I'd rather have Karl put his own stamp on it than try to be a carbon copy of Mr Keyes.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home