Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 16
Re: Washington DC show 3-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 4, 2019 09:45

best setlist of the No Filter tour so far, I'd say

Re: Washington DC show 3-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 4, 2019 09:48

lem motlow
chatoyancy
Both Mick and Keith mentioned the tanks.

Yeah,so remember that gig you did in China and had to delete some of your songs from the set? Remember that guys?
You don’t have to do that here,you know why mthrfckrs? Because of those guys in the tanks.
Sorry the hardware bothered you,maybe you think your freedom to do and say what you want,dress in shiny clothes and make millions is protected by your fairy godmother.but here’s a fun fact, turns out it is won or lost at the end of the barrel of a gun.
Happy 4th everyone...

Well...respectfully...possibly you missed their point?

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: July 4, 2019 09:51

slewan
best setlist of the No Filter tour so far, I'd say

Maybe, your're right but the others were also great so far!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 09:52

Great great setlist.

Mercy mercy !

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 09:57 by powerage78.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 4, 2019 09:52

Xam
This is quite an amazing unusual shot of Mick taken by Bjornulf. Hopefully it is OK to re-post here (if not of course remove it) But this is a rarer type of shot of Mick and I find it amazing... and I will add, it seems there are more than the usual amount of awesome shots of EVERYONE on stage posted the other page. [iorr.org] I would rate it a MUST SEE gallery of GREAT shots captured by Bjornulf.

Credit - Landover MD USA, Wednesday July 3, 2019 - Photo by Bjornulf Vik

GGGreat Shot!!!!!

Date: July 4, 2019 09:55

Did Mick mention Brian ?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 4, 2019 10:29

Deathgod
Did something happen on JJF around 2.50 mark ?
Sounds like a guitar went way out of tune
Mick turns to look

[youtu.be]

At 2:55 ? Yeah it looks like Keith misplaced a finger on the fretboard. Ronnie did the same at 2:50. This is LIVE and not as bad as the SMU intro at both HP shows ;-)

Great version of Mercy, Mercy and nice to see Don Covay mentioned, I was actually thinking about him yesterday while listening to Solomon Burke's 2002 album. They both had this sweet voice that clearly inspired Mick for songs like Fool to Cry.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 10:31 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 4, 2019 10:38

What a great setlist. Listening to some youtube videos:
- Mercy sounds pretty awesome
- Rocky off great speed!
- JJF kicks ass - great start.

Seems like they are having a good time. I am glad.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 4, 2019 10:39

Mercy Mercy! Just wow! Hope there will be more surprises down the road apiece.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 4, 2019 10:42

mnewman505
Mercy Mercy FULL

[www.facebook.com]

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 4, 2019 10:50

rocks off is back, smoking hot smiley glad to hear that so tight

Mercy Mercy, Rocks Off: so good also for Mick's apparent minimal/no use of the teleprompter

smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 4, 2019 11:15

His Majesty
mnewman505

Mercy Mercy FULL

[www.facebook.com]

Mercy Mercy - complete with Mick's comments:

[www.Periscope.tv] - Pos. 03:35 - 08:15 .

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 4, 2019 11:15

gotdablouse
Deathgod
Did something happen on JJF around 2.50 mark ?
Sounds like a guitar went way out of tune
Mick turns to look

[youtu.be]

At 2:55 ? Yeah it looks like Keith misplaced a finger on the fretboard. Ronnie did the same at 2:50. This is LIVE and not as bad as the SMU intro at both HP shows ;-)

Great version of Mercy, Mercy and nice to see Don Covay mentioned, I was actually thinking about him yesterday while listening to Solomon Burke's 2002 album. They both had this sweet voice that clearly inspired Mick for songs like Fool to Cry.

Yes well spotted, Ronnie putting Keith off his stride there.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 4, 2019 11:37

Irix
His Majesty
mnewman505

Mercy Mercy FULL

[www.facebook.com]

Mercy Mercy - complete with Mick's comments:

[www.Periscope.tv] - Pos. 03:35 - 08:15 .

This link is to U Got Me Rockin, pls try again.

plexi

Date: July 4, 2019 11:43

MisterDDDD
mnewman505
Final...

Always poor form posting the setlist before the end. Always.

Agreed. People, don't do this. Afterwards, nice to have a foto of the official set list that the band uses, but not before.

plexi

Date: July 4, 2019 11:55

Is it Mercy, Mercy or Have Mercy?

plexi

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 11:55

powerage78
Did Mick mention Brian ?

Could be way off the mark here, but do you think mercy mercy is a kind of tribute to Brian in the way it was last played at Hyde Park in 1969?

Just a thought.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 4, 2019 12:04

swimtothemoon
Xam
This is quite an amazing unusual shot of Mick taken by Bjornulf. more than the usual amount of awesome shots of EVERYONE on stage posted the other page. [iorr.org] I would rate it a MUST SEE gallery of GREAT shots captured by Bjornulf.

Credit - Landover MD USA, Wednesday July 3, 2019 - Photo by Bjornulf Vik

GGGreat Shot!!!!!

What's amazing to me is it reminds me of a pic Annie Leibovitz took during the 1975 tour. She called it her "Francis Bacon".
[pictify.saatchigallery.com]
[www.csmonitor.com]

There's a 44-year gap between the two photos but Mick looks the same on both : 1000% committed to the performance, giving it all. Amazing...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 12:08 by dcba.

Date: July 4, 2019 12:05

For people that just came in to IORR this morning, last night's show was a bit special, a few minor mistakes that don't matter but all the Stones were on their game at the same time, a rare occurrence at their ages these days.
Set list was amazing although it slowed the tempo of the of the show, they were on fire until YCAGWYW giving it everything they had in the knowledge things were going to slow down with a brilliant set list that gave them a well earned breather.
The live scopes were good quality and covered the whole show, next best thing to being there.
Thanks for all the live feeds and the Rolling Stones for going above and beyond the call of duty. smiling smiley

Date: July 4, 2019 12:06

odean73
powerage78
Did Mick mention Brian ?

Could be way off the mark here, but do you think mercy mercy is a kind of tribute to Brian in the way it was last played at Hyde Park in 1969?

Just a thought.

Possibly, even probably.

I have conflicted feelings about this. Not that it matters to anyone, but myself. tongue sticking out smiley

Brian died 50 years ago! Are they that nasty and pathetic that they can't even say his name? sad smiley

A friend said it better than me.

"Do you think this is normal? No other group acts like this ... It's so shameful and nasty ... I have no words ...."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 12:08 by His Majesty.

Date: July 4, 2019 12:11

The tribute is suggested, but not mentioning his name, the day of the fiftieth anniversary of his death ...

A little cruel. Tenacious resentment !

Date: July 4, 2019 12:14

His Majesty
odean73
powerage78
Did Mick mention Brian ?

Just a thought.

Possibly, even probably.

I have conflicted feelings about this. Not that it matters to anyone, but myself. tongue sticking out smiley

Brian died 50 years ago! Are they that nasty and pathetic that they can't even say his name? sad smiley

"Do you think this is normal? No other group acts like this ... It's so shameful and nasty ... I have no words ...."

I see it like this, Mick is the leader of the band, the spokesman, he wants it to go down that way in the history books, the ego wants that legacy, but the Stones were Brian's band weren't they, i think Mick would rather that be forgotten.

Date: July 4, 2019 12:19

Not even posts about him on their social media accounts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 12:19 by His Majesty.

Date: July 4, 2019 12:26

Well, Charlie and Bill were the only Rolling Stones who attended Brian funeral...

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 4, 2019 12:44

I want to hear Mercy Mercy in New Jersey!
I am so happy that they are finally have some BIG surprises in their setlist after the boring No Filter Europe '18 setlists.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 4, 2019 12:52

Slewan wrote: "best setlist of the No Filter tour so far, I'd say"

Hard to select. "Bitch", "Monkey Man", "Play With Fire" and "Sweet Virginia", on the same night, ohh, it is something very special , too. And "Sad Sad Sad" with "Dead Flowers" make a nice, unusual combination, IMO.

In any case, with have 27 different songs after just 4 gigs. In 1978 they played 33 different songs, during the entire tour (25 shows)...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 4, 2019 12:59

keithsman
His Majesty
odean73
powerage78
Did Mick mention Brian ?

Just a thought.

Possibly, even probably.

I see it like this, Mick is the leader of the band, the spokesman, he wants it to go down that way in the history books, the ego wants that legacy, but the Stones were Brian's band weren't they, i think Mick would rather that be forgotten.

No, the Stones are Stu,s band.
Jeroen

Date: July 4, 2019 13:07

runrudolph

No, the Stones are Stu,s band.

In another land.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 4, 2019 13:21

Rocks Off was decent, still not a fantastic version, but better than in Barcelona 2017.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 4, 2019 13:25

Keep in mind that Brian was not in the band anymore when he died. So he had not anything to do with the band at that time anymore. Also he was a bit of a saddist and not necessarily one of the nicest people, at least that's what Keith wrote in 'Life', I didn't know him personally. But I guess they have quite mixed emotions about Brian. And apart from that, 50 years is also just a number. I'm sure Keith does not care about such things. And the other probably don't too.
Also people like to speak Brian holy, calling him the leader of the Band etc. That might have been the way the first one or two years but honestly Brian has not much to do with the Stones as we know and love them today. In 1968, considered as the start of the 'golden period', Brian did not care about the band anymore. What most people associate with the Stones (the open-tuning hits like BS, HTW, JJF) was created in this peroid and this is all about Mick and Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 13:32 by StonedRambler.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home