Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16
Re: Washington DC show 3-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 4, 2019 05:50

Great show, best one so far, off to bed.

Re: Washington DC show 3-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 4, 2019 05:51

sf37
Koen
mnewman505
Mercy Mercy FULL

[www.facebook.com]

Were there any comments about Brian?

I'm curious about this as well. Did Mick mention Beian's name at all, or make a note of the 50th anniversary? Thanks!

Mentioned that the last time they played Mercy Mercy was in Hyde Park in 1969 - anyone who knows the band will know why.

Posted by: Xam ()

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 05:53 by Xam.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()

sf37
Koen
mnewman505
Mercy Mercy FULL

[www.facebook.com]

I'm curious about this as well. Did Mick mention Beian's name at all, or make a note of the 50th anniversary? Thanks!

No mention of Brian's name, but Mick did say it was the first time they played Mercy since the Hyde Park concert a long time ago, which I took to be an indirect nod to Brian.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 4, 2019 05:52

Huge thanks to Mike (Snap winking smiley) for the feed!
Liked the camera work and commentary!!

And thanks to all for all the links.. fantastic show!!

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: July 4, 2019 05:53

Thanks to Green Lady and evrybody is involving for posting pictures, links, etc.
Great Show Tonight

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 4, 2019 05:54

Great solo from Keith on Satisfaction cut short by the band, not good.

Date: July 4, 2019 05:55

Thanks to those who translated Twitter tags into actual Periscope links - many many thanks to Mike and everyone else - we've been spoiled for choice of live feeds tonight.

Date: July 4, 2019 05:55

First time I feel satisfaction at home so far on this tour!!! SCOPE CITY!!!

Thank to those who fed us! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 05:57 by Xam.

Date: July 4, 2019 05:56

Pyro ending at 10:56pm EDT

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 05:56

*****FINAL******

Start: 08:50PM ET

Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
Tumbling Dice
You Got Me Rocking
Mercy, Mercy (Don Covay & The Goodtimers cover) (last played 5 July 1969)
Rocks Off (by request)
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Angie (B-Stage/Acoustic)
Let It Bleed (B-Stage/Acoustic)
Sympathy For The Devil
Honky Tonk Women
--band introductions--
Slipping Away (KR)
Before They Make Me Run (KR)
Miss You
Paint It Black
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
E: Gimme Shelter
E: Satisfaction

End: 10:56PM ET

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 06:01 by mnewman505.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 05:57

Green Lady
sf37
Koen
mnewman505
Mercy Mercy FULL

[www.facebook.com]

Mentioned that the last time they played Mercy Mercy was in Hyde Park in 1969 - anyone who knows the band will know why.

True enough. Thanks for confirming.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 05:59

5stringTele
sf37
Koen
mnewman505
Mercy Mercy FULL

[www.facebook.com]

No mention of Brian's name, but Mick did say it was the first time they played Mercy since the Hyde Park concert a long time ago, which I took to be an indirect nod to Brian.

Yes, I would interpret that comment the same way. Thanks for verifying.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 4, 2019 05:59

MisterDDDD
Huge thanks to Mike (Snap winking smiley) for the feed!
Liked the camera work and commentary!!

And thanks to all for all the links.. fantastic show!!

Would you say they outdid Chi 2? ::waving::
I only heard the last half or so.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 06:00

I saw both Chicago shows, it hurts to say it but this one was better.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 4, 2019 06:00

GREAT show!

What a band!

5 AM - gotta take a nap... grinning smiley

Date: July 4, 2019 06:01

Once again, thanks to all of the FaceBookers, Periscopers, tweeters, and everybody who shared links and photos tonight. One of the best-ever free-streamed Stones experiences to date. And again, thanks to bv for the party.

BTW, I'd have to nominate Erika Salamanca for the Periscope.tv Hall of Fame for great sound and steady shot.

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: July 4, 2019 06:03

Hell to the Yes...Hell to the Yes!

Rocks Off, Mercy Mercy for Brian, Angie, Let it Bleed, Mike's sound...I'm not crying, no, not at all....

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 4, 2019 06:18

mnewman505
I saw both Chicago shows, it hurts to say it but this one was better.

Yeah. Ouch.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: July 4, 2019 06:19

5stringTele
Once again, thanks to all of the FaceBookers, Periscopers, tweeters, and everybody who shared links and photos tonight. One of the best-ever free-streamed Stones experiences to date. And again, thanks to bv for the party.

BTW, I'd have to nominate Erika Salamanca for the Periscope.tv Hall of Fame for great sound and steady shot.

Yes - I second your nomination! Erika's scope was incredible thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 4, 2019 06:21

MisterDDDD
shattered
Just finished washing mine, warm water, and Woolite

At the merch booths? Missed it.. not next time if so cool smiley

Negative, at home.

Date: July 4, 2019 06:29

Goodnight, and happy 4th of July (well, it is here, already)

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 07:17

keithsman
What is that silly man doing with that saxophone on Brown Sugar.

Yeah some real liberties taken with that solo. Not gonna start a bash thread or anything but that solo is one that doesn’t need any extra stuff sprinkled (or blasted) all over it. Didn’t Bobby say that in an interview somewhere?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 4, 2019 07:25

I hope they do Let it Bleed at one of the shows I’ll be going to in August. I love that song! They are really mixing it up this tour. Very exciting!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: July 4, 2019 07:30

Did something happen on JJF around 2.50 mark ?
Sounds like a guitar went way out of tune
Mick turns to look

[youtu.be]

Posted by: DrFixembones ()
Date: July 4, 2019 07:36

Just got back to the hotel. I was one of the very first people in pit number two, when I entered there was only about 10 people. All I can say was the show was absolutely incredible. Setlist was fantastic. Opening with jumping jack was loud and powerful and super high energy. Cover of Mercy Mercy was amazing. I loved hearing you got me rocking, Rocks off, Angie, let it bleed and slipping away. This was my 15th show overall and I think it might’ve been the best. I saw them last in Coventry England last year and all I can say is that there is a reason they are the greatest band in the world. The entire band was on fire, they have not missed a step. See you in Boston. BV-Would love to meet you, can we find a meeting place for all the fans before the show?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 07:41 by DrFixembones.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 4, 2019 07:49

chatoyancy
Both Mick and Keith mentioned the tanks.

Yeah,so remember that gig you did in China and had to delete some of your songs from the set? Remember that guys?
You don’t have to do that here,you know why mthrfckrs? Because of those guys in the tanks.
Sorry the hardware bothered you,maybe you think your freedom to do and say what you want,dress in shiny clothes and make millions is protected by your fairy godmother.but here’s a fun fact, turns out it is won or lost at the end of the barrel of a gun.
Happy 4th everyone...

Posted by: curt ()
Date: July 4, 2019 09:14

lem motlow
chatoyancy
Both Mick and Keith mentioned the tanks.

Yeah,so remember that gig you did in China and had to delete some of your songs from the set? Remember that guys?
You don’t have to do that here,you know why mthrfckrs? Because of those guys in the tanks.
Sorry the hardware bothered you,maybe you think your freedom to do and say what you want,dress in shiny clothes and make millions is protected by your fairy godmother.but here’s a fun fact, turns out it is won or lost at the end of the barrel of a gun.
Happy 4th everyone...

Are you acquainted with Dwight D Eisenhower's perspective on the nature of the celebration of Independence Day ?

Date: July 4, 2019 09:20

This is quite an amazing unusual shot of Mick taken by Bjornulf. Hopefully it is OK to re-post here (if not of course remove it) But this is a rarer type of shot of Mick and I find it amazing... and I will add, it seems there are more than the usual amount of awesome shots of EVERYONE on stage posted the other page. [iorr.org] I would rate it a MUST SEE gallery of GREAT shots captured by Bjornulf.

Credit - Landover MD USA, Wednesday July 3, 2019 - Photo by Bjornulf Vik

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 4, 2019 09:40

Official Setlist - FedExField, Landover (MD, near Washington D.C.), 3-Jul-2019:

"Washington you got your Rocks Off!! Thank you"

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home