Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16
Washington DC show 3-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 3, 2019 16:27

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding The Rolling Stones No Filter show at FedExField Washington DC USA, Wednesday July 3, 2019.

Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

Please send your comments, reviews, links and more to: iorr@arena.no

Editorial reports from the show will be published here:

The Rolling Stones - FedExField - Washington DC USA - Wednesday July 3, 2019

Song vote:

Landover/DC song vote

For the pre-show talks regarding this show please see the thread:

Landover MD USA travel and show info

The Rolling Stones are expected on stage around 8:45pm EDT (East Coast Time). For time zone info please see:

[www.timeanddate.com]

IORR 2019 tour links:

No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019

Bjornulf

Re: Washington DC show 3-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 3, 2019 16:45

Official Poster & T-Shirt - "The Washington Monument is an obelisk on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., built to commemorate George Washington" :

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-03 19:20 by Irix.

Re: Washington DC show 3-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: July 3, 2019 16:50

Date: July 3, 2019 17:01

It has been hot and humid here in the Washington D.C. area since I arrived from Toronto Sunday, but yesterday evening there were some major rain showers and thunders, pouring down in buckets. A cheap rain poncho would have offerend no protection...

The latest forecasts are stating showers passing by between 3pm and 7pm. Hhopefully the sky will be clear during the actual show.

[www.yr.no]

[weather.com]

Bjornulf

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: July 3, 2019 17:01

Just realised. That's one damn big stadium!

Date: July 3, 2019 17:15

The Rolling Stones:

"Woah! The song vote for Washington had an overwhelming majority, a landslide win we've never seen before!! Guess you really want to hear this one live again...find out which track later"

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com]

Posted by: michaj ()
Date: July 3, 2019 17:23

Maybe we will get the first "with Rain" Set list this Leg

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: July 3, 2019 17:25

First of all thank you BV for getting my password reset I live in the D.C area and have some heads up about tonight. First getting to this stadium can be a nightmare.It is very single threaded going in and out. It isn't exactly in the best neighborhood so be careful after dark if you decide to park outside of the gates. There aren't any restaurants close to the stadium. Although is shouldn't be a problem the Metro doesn't run late so just a heads up about hanging around after the show if you take the metro. As BV said it has been hot and very humid around here this week with some nasty thunderstorms late in the afternoon. So dress appropriately and you may want to bring a rain coat just in case. I was looking at Ticketmaster and it looks like the upper deck is pretty much sold out. Which in my case I hope it a good thing as I have LD tickets for tonight. Hoping for pit but anything downstairs would be great. If anyone has any questions about tonight please feel free to ask I will be checking back in a little while. HAVE FUN TONIGHT

Date: July 3, 2019 17:43

eduardoacdc
Just realised. That's one damn big stadium!

FedExField is indeed a big stadium. It is number 17 on the list of the largest stadiums in USA.

List of U.S. stadiums by capacity - by Wikipedia

Capacity for football is 82,000, approx. same as MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, while Rose Bowl Pasadena has got a capacity of 80,000, the largest stadium on this tour.

When I estimate crowd capacity for the Stones show, I look at the stage design, previous shows at the venue, take away some 20% or so of the football capacity, then add a few thousand seats on the floor. My estimate for the show at FedExField is 70,000, should be not to far from the crowd we will see tonight.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 3, 2019 17:45

Exciting! smiling smiley

Have a great time everyone, and hopefully the rain will stay away!
Wish I was there - rain or shine!!!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 3, 2019 18:10

Called the stadium. They will have cash parking lots.

Date: July 3, 2019 18:20

MingSubu

Called the stadium. They will have cash parking lots.

Event-Infos also here: [www.Redskins.com] .

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 3, 2019 18:22

For a second I read crash parking lots grinning smiley

Date: July 3, 2019 18:35

Slightly off-topic:

Facebook and Instagram have currently issues with the upload and display of Pictures & Videos: [Downdetector.com] - so it's not your Computer / Mobile Device ....

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 3, 2019 18:55

have a great time everyone smileys with beer

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 3, 2019 19:20

michaj

Lets hope not...
"with Rain" means they won't play together out on the catwalk.

BTW, I love the artwork for this one...
Blue skies, Washington Monument, reflecting pool and all the tiny American flags!

Have a great show everyone and Happy Independence Day tomorrow!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 3, 2019 19:22

Any merch trucks out yet?

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: July 3, 2019 19:58

Since President Trump used YCAGWYW occacionally during his campaign rallies, do you think we will see him at the show tonight?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-03 20:00 by MacLaurens.

Date: July 3, 2019 20:07

Absolutely. He’ll definitely be there. lol

Date: July 3, 2019 21:07

They won't let us in to park until 3:30. And they won't let us wait on the road to the parking lot either

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 3, 2019 21:14

Irix
Slightly off-topic:

Facebook and Instagram have currently issues with the upload and display of Pictures & Videos: [Downdetector.com] - so it's not your Computer / Mobile Device ....

If this is still happening at showtime there may be no FB live feeds. Fingers crossed!

Posted by: michaj ()
Date: July 3, 2019 21:20

Kurt
michaj

Lets hope not...
"with Rain" means they won't play together out on the catwalk.

BTW, I love the artwork for this one...
Blue skies, Washington Monument, reflecting pool and all the tiny American flags!

Have a great show everyone and Happy Independence Day tomorrow!

It was in an ironic meaning. Lets hope Keith's rainstick works as everytime (nearly).

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 3, 2019 21:27

Green Lady
Irix
Slightly off-topic:

If this is still happening at showtime there may be no FB live feeds. Fingers crossed!

Awww, have mercy! That would be really sad. So let's hope for Periscope, maybe. Are there other possibilities?

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 3, 2019 21:30

Did thye do the soundcheck already? Must be 14:30 in DC now ...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 3, 2019 21:32

Latest forecast for Landover is 30% chance of rain by 9pm. I'm bringing ponchos just in case, but I think all will be good weather wise tonight. If not, nothing any of us can do about it, might as well dance. smiling bouncing smiley

Capital Weather Gang Forecast and twitter feed:

[www.washingtonpost.com]

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-03 21:38 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 3, 2019 21:38

waterrats
Green Lady
Irix
Slightly off-topic:

Awww, have mercy! That would be really sad. So let's hope for Periscope, maybe. Are there other possibilities?

Periscope is working - if anyone scopes - and the Twitter messages and pictures will be OK.

Date: July 3, 2019 21:52

The latest weather reports say no showers tonight. Fingers crossed.

[weather.com]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-03 21:52 by bv.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 3, 2019 21:52

If you're a weather junkie like me, here's the forecast from Weather Underground. smiling smiley They're showing no rain for Landover.

[www.wunderground.com]

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 3, 2019 22:12

BV--why weather.com? Your Norwegian weather site is much better! Even for sites in the US.

Date: July 3, 2019 22:23

Maybe if it rains they'll play "Rain Fall Down"

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1688
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home