Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stupid thread about bashing people
Date: June 30, 2019 04:46

¿Can we just BASH Chuck Leavell?

I know there's people sturbing all over there. I know there's war out there. I know there's opression and dictators. I know...

I'm South-american, so I know there are some more important issues to be adressed than a guy playing keyboards in a given band, but...

I just cannot stand that idiotic person. He keeps on trying to ruin the Stones.

¿Can we just gather to thrash-talk about that guy, so our sorrow ('cause I know I'm not the only one) can get a little relief?.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-01 05:37 by bv.

Re: ¿Can we just BASH Chuck Leavell?
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 30, 2019 04:55

Why don’t you just shut up . Go look in the mirror and see what a hateful person looks like

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 05:05

Are you drunk Eduberto? Get a life and grow up. And let’s erase this thread please.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 30, 2019 05:13

I am not smart enough to know what is best, who is best or whatever, but Mick Jagger has my highest respect and he knows what is going on, he is very good at this... IT IS PROVEN!!!!

I learned long long ago to "stop guessing, larping, thinking, imagining, suggesting anything" about what Mick and Keith should do or hire or fire or play or anything about this band. If Mick wants Chuck, then I am sure that is best... and what I or anyone wants or thinks about this or anything else is meaningless.

I do not have much of anything to say about Chuck... but I will say that the night when Midnight Rambler got mucked up with PIB THE VERY FIRST PERSON MICK LOOKED TO/WENT TO SORT IT ALL OUT WAS CHUCK. And it was all quickly sorted... and that was that.

I would bet anyone can bash anyone all they want but it is meaningless and prolly wont get them far.

Date: June 30, 2019 05:15

GivenToFly15
Are you drunk Eduberto?
Yes I am.
Sober I hate that gut just the same, so it makes no difference at all.

Maybe I'm not expressing myself quite good, since I don't really speak English: I mean I HATE Chuck Leavell and maybe we could talk shit about him.

¿Am I clear? smiling smiley)

Date: June 30, 2019 05:16

Xam
when Midnight Rambler got mucked up with PIB THE VERY FIRST PERSON MICK LOOKED TO/WENT TO SORT IT ALL OUT WAS CHUCK.

That's the issue.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 30, 2019 05:20

I will say thanks for taking it out here, away from the live thread, that was good smiling smiley

Date: June 30, 2019 05:22

Xam
I will say thanks for taking it out here, away from the live thread, that was good smiling smiley
You're welcome.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: June 30, 2019 05:44

Talking badly about someone might make you feel better for a few minutes, but it’s corrosive to your well-being in the long run. A bit like a cigarette.

Date: June 30, 2019 05:49

Angus MacBagpipe
Talking badly about someone might make you feel better for a few minutes, but it’s corrosive to your well-being in the long run. A bit like a cigarette.
May be, but I do think Chuck Leavell hates the Rolling Stones, so I hate him.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2019 06:44

HATE …. ain't it such a horrible word …..

yeah I've met some bitter & twisted people in my
life but I can honestly say I've never hated anyone …..

I'd imagine to carry hate would quickly destroy the soul ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 30, 2019 07:13

BV is not going to care for this at all & rightly so. While I don't always like what Chuck plays (too many notes), as musical director he has been the glue that has held the whole thing together for years. He's the middle ground that keeps Mick & Keith from arguing too much, I think. Also, Chuck has done much good work for environmental causes. So hate is a terrible, harsh word to use in regards to him. We should all be thankful for the role he plays in keeping the band out there even if you don't enjoy his playing.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: June 30, 2019 07:28

How about we not. Chuck has earned his right to be on stage right whether you like it or not. I personally like the guy anyway.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 07:57

crholmstrom
BV is not going to care for this at all & rightly so. While I don't always like what Chuck plays (too many notes), as musical director he has been the glue that has held the whole thing together for years. He's the middle ground that keeps Mick & Keith from arguing too much, I think. Also, Chuck has done much good work for environmental causes. So hate is a terrible, harsh word to use in regards to him. We should all be thankful for the role he plays in keeping the band out there even if you don't enjoy his playing.

Exactly! I'm sure Mick and Keith could give a rats ass what some guy from South America thinks about who's in the band. On a Chuck related note, check Youtube for David Gilmour's band playing Comfortably Numb. Chuck plays keyboards and sings! Must be doing something right if the Stones and Gilmour want him!

Date: June 30, 2019 08:11

DGA35
I'm sure Mick and Keith could give a rats ass what some guy from South America thinks about who's in the band. On a Chuck related note, check Youtube for David Gilmour's band playing Comfortably Numb. Chuck plays keyboards and sings! Must be doing something right if the Stones and Gilmour want him!

It doesn't matter where was I born.

By the way, your example graphics my point: Chuck Leavell belongs into a pop band such as Gilmour's or Jagger's solo project.
I just can't stand Leavell and that other guy Clifford, whom I think Leavell intimatley (if that word exists) hates, as well.

Well, and Denson... I love Mick but he has made really bad decisions regarding these onstage musicians. No one of them belong into a rock band.

Actually I think Chuck Leavell had direct input in hiring Darryl, Lisa, Sasha, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 08:17 by EdubertoPalitroke.

Date: June 30, 2019 08:33

It was Stu who recommended him for the 1982-tour..

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 30, 2019 09:20

He was in the Allman Brothers, good enough credentials for me.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 30, 2019 09:30

This thread deserves to be closed asap.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 30, 2019 09:42

Yeah,this threads a loser. Bashing Chuck was ok at one time but he holds things together up there really well when they need him.
You don’t accidentally end up playing onstage with the Stones, they know what they’re doing when they hire people.
Nicky, Billy and Stu aren’t available pal,give it up.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 30, 2019 11:18

Complete waste of time to respond to this irrational post in a rational way.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 11:30

I love Stu and Nicky Hopkins...cool smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 30, 2019 15:31

EdubertoPalitroke

Can we just gather to thrash-talk about that guy

You seem to not know one of the cardinal rules of IORR : Chuck bashing is a hobby people indulge here ONLY between tours when the band activity is its lowest.
When the band's on tour Chuck bashing's forbidden. Instead we tend to moan about setlists. "Duh why they don't play [insert title of song]. I'm outraged!!!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 16:06 by dcba.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: June 30, 2019 15:34

Give it a rest man......you've been on this board less than a year...I agree chuck used to be annoying but he and charlie are the ones that hold it all together these days....if you don't realize that by now you never will

go away and enjoy this band while you still can

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 30, 2019 15:39

I can see this thread getting closed by BV fairly soon...…….when he get's the time.
I'm one of the many fans who have met Chuck and he is a nice guy, and very easy to talk to, as is his wife. thumbs up

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 30, 2019 15:39

Leavell definitely has his place. He somewhat holds the band together. Yes, there’s been discussions before regarding him prominence in the sound, but the Stones have sounded more guitar-driven in recent years, I think. He’s certainly had to fill-out the gaps left by Keith and Ronnie’s inconsistencies in the past. For that, he should be applauded.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: June 30, 2019 15:42

I met Chuck Leavell at the bar of the Peabody in Memphis in 1998. This is no idiotic person but one of the nicest guys I met in my whole life!

We talked about nearly half an hour with a drink in every handsmiling smiley

So, EdubertoWhatever don't bash people you don't know.
Why are you here? This is a FAN siteangry smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 30, 2019 15:47

I don't know if you've been at a Stones concert in recent years or only watching youtube videos, but most of the time the guitars are so loud live that the keyboards are burried in the mix (which is how it should be). Of course if the piano has an important role in a song like in sympathy or she's a rainbow then the piano is mixed louder but otherwise it's so low that even if you hate Chucks playing it shouldn't bother you too much live.

Posted by: Jbargar ()
Date: June 30, 2019 16:09

Chuck is one of the nicest people out there. If you knew anything about him you’d know he is one of the most respected keyboard players in the business. Along with Darryl he holds the band together. Shut this thread down BV and ban the person that was idiotic enough to start it.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 30, 2019 16:22

EdubertoPalitroke
GivenToFly15
Are you drunk Eduberto?
Yes I am.
Sober I hate that gut just the same, so it makes no difference at all.

Maybe I'm not expressing myself quite good, since I don't really speak English: I mean I HATE Chuck Leavell and maybe we could talk shit about him.

¿Am I clear? smiling smiley)

Yes, your English is very good

You expressed your point well, over and over

Thats why everyone is telling you to shut up. Nobody cares who you hate. Nobody

Date: June 30, 2019 16:32

i don't like chuck being in the band but it has nothing to do with his credentials. ask anyone who was in the allman brothers what they thought of chuck and you'll see glowing responses from all. silly thread. maybe I'm wrong but he is the only main player in the band , the 4 stones, bass, keyboards and we could have counted bobby keys, he has enough musical background to know all the key changes and time signatures for the concerts and knows most of the parts for the band. if they fired him who would they get? al kooper is the only person who might have that stature and I'm not sure he health wise is up to it anymore

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home