Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: ¿Can we just BASH Chuck Leavell?
Posted by: Ket ()
Date: June 30, 2019 16:38

Jbargar
Chuck is one of the nicest people out there. If you knew anything about him you’d know he is one of the most respected keyboard players in the business. Along with Darryl he holds the band together. Shut this thread down BV and ban the person that was idiotic enough to start it.
HEAR HEAR!

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 16:49

EdubertoPalitroke
GivenToFly15
Are you drunk Eduberto?
Yes I am.
Sober I hate that gut just the same, so it makes no difference at all.

Maybe I'm not expressing myself quite good, since I don't really speak English: I mean I HATE Chuck Leavell and maybe we could talk shit about him.

¿Am I clear? smiling smiley)

Yes. It’s clear you’re an idiot.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 30, 2019 16:50

No. You cannot bash Chuck Leavell. However, you can express an opinion as bashing could have legal ramifications. Hitting folks with a newspaper is not the answer

Source - Bing Dictionary

bash
[baSH]

VERB
strike hard and violently.
"bash a mosquito with a newspaper"
synonyms:
strike · hit · beat · thump · slap · smack · batter · pound ·

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:00

dcba
EdubertoPalitroke

Can we just gather to thrash-talk about that guy

You seem to not know one of the cardinal rules of IORR : Chuck bashing is a hobby people indulge here ONLY between tours when the band activity is its lowest.
When the band's on tour Chuck bashing's forbidden. Instead we tend to moan about setlists. "Duh why they don't play [insert title of song]. I'm outraged!!!"

this post wins

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:01

BV please delete this thread.

Posted by: Jbargar ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:04

babyblue
BV please delete this thread.

YES!!!

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:14

Have a look at Monkey Man in Chicago, with Chuck saying "One more" (riff) to Ron. He indeed is the maestro of the band.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:18

why would you want to bash the man without whom the band you are a fan probably would not be on the road anymore?

Date: June 30, 2019 17:21

As far as I know this musician was appointed undet stus's recommendation. The band will always honor his suggestion.

Date: June 30, 2019 17:29

Ket
Jbargar
Chuck is one of the nicest people out there. If you knew anything about him you’d know he is one of the most respected keyboard players in the business. Along with Darryl he holds the band together. Shut this thread down BV and ban the person that was idiotic enough to start it.
HEAR HEAR!

Shut down the discussion and ban somebody over non-libelous Chuck-comments?

this type of attitude is far more dangerous than saying "I hate Chuck and he ruins the Stones"....which is a bit tactless and/or certainly unnecessarily negative (IMO)...but, it is essentially harmless, seeing as Chuck and/or the Stones couldn't care less what Eduardo or ANY of us think about them.

Freedom of Speech and Expression is a GOOD thing. You might not like Eduardo's opinion or his manner of presenting it...and you have every right to confront that....but, wow...jumping to censoring and "banning?" Geebus.

it's an opinion and Eduardo is entitled to it. I would just recommend he choose his words more carefully just to keep things more diplomatic whenever possible.

For the record, I have no problem w/ Chuck in the Stones, nor would I care if they dumped him for somebody else....nor am I sure why he would arouse "hatred"....

I honestly think Eduardo put this on the board just to get a reaction (mission accomplished).

Besides, I never knew Chuck was in the Allman Brothers or that he played w/ Gilmore...so, if this post had been shut down/deleted I would've missed out on learning something new.

now I call that cosmic positivity....groooooovy.

Date: June 30, 2019 17:44

stickyfingers101
Ket
Jbargar
HEAR HEAR!

this type of attitude is far more dangerous than saying "I hate Chuck and he ruins the Stones"....which is a bit tactless and/or certainly unnecessarily negative (IMO)...but, it is essentially harmless, seeing as Chuck and/or the Stones couldn't care less what Eduardo or ANY of us think about them.

Freedom of Speech and Expression is a GOOD thing. You might not like Eduardo's opinion or his manner of presenting it...and you have every right to confront that....but, wow...jumping to censoring and "banning?" Geebus.

it's an opinion and Eduardo is entitled to it. I would just recommend he choose his words more carefully just to keep things more diplomatic whenever possible.

For the record, I have no problem w/ Chuck in the Stones, nor would I care if they dumped him for somebody else....nor am I sure why he would arouse "hatred"....

I honestly think Eduardo put this on the board just to get a reaction (mission accomplished).

Besides, I never knew Chuck was in the Allman Brothers or that he played w/ Gilmore...so, if this post had been shut down/deleted I would've missed out on learning something new.

chuck replaced duane allman in the allman brothers. instead of hiring another guitar player they went in a different direction and had just betts on guitar with Gregg on organ and chuck on piano

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:45

Eduardo may be a big mouthed ignoramus but I think it’s important he’s allowed to prove he’s a big mouthed ignoramus. No safe spaces here please.

Date: June 30, 2019 17:50

keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
Ket
Jbargar
HEAR HEAR!

chuck replaced duane allman in the allman brothers. instead of hiring another guitar player they went in a different direction and had just betts on guitar with Gregg on organ and chuck on piano

Which means that I ALSO learned today that I saw Chuck w/ the A-Bros at Red Rocks....go figure.

I guess I missed that at the time....I used to drink a lot.

Posted by: Jbargar ()
Date: June 30, 2019 18:02

Thanks Sticky Fingers... you are quite right that Eduberto should be allowed to express his/her opinion. Like you say the words could have been chosen more carefully. My reaction was probably more out of emotion than anything else. I know Chuck and the guy is so passionate about his work with the Stones etc. that I over reacted. Saw them in Chicago and Denver is next.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 30, 2019 18:27

Eduardo,

How would you feel if someone posted on the internet: "¡Let's bash Eduardo!" ?

¿Cómo te sentirías si alguien publicara en internet: "¡Vamos a degradar a Eduardo!" ?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 30, 2019 18:29

Mi español no es tan bueno ...

Date: June 30, 2019 18:30

stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
Ket
Jbargar
HEAR HEAR!

Which means that I ALSO learned today that I saw Chuck w/ the A-Bros at Red Rocks....go figure.

depends when you saw them. chuck replaced duane until the mid 70's. when they reformed in the late 70's they went back to the two guitar lineup and chuck was gone. chuck was also part of the band sea level from 1976-1980 that included some other members of the allman brothers. chuck was the leader, singer and namesake of the band. get it c. leavell, sea level. after sea level broke up he started working with the stones on albums in 1983. he's been part of the stones since then. he also played on the first black crowes album and did some touring with eric clapton in the early 90's while the stones were on hiatus

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 30, 2019 18:30

This thread is stupid but perfectly harmless. I guess BV hasn't had the time to erase it yet. No need for banning or any nonsense like that though.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: June 30, 2019 18:32

Chuck is the musical director and is role now is vital as his instrument gives the band a fuller sound when the guitars are not present during parts of some songs that may have just fell apart. Chuck keeps the stones songbook handy and is an aid to MJ when they need to add or rehearse a song.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 30, 2019 18:33

Chuck Leavell is an excellent keyboardist. Besides his mid-70's stint in the ABB, he also played in the Southern Rock/Funk fusion band Sea Level with fellow Allman Brothers Jaimoe and Lamar Williams, as well as Randall Bramlett, Jimmy Nalls and others. He's a very knowledgeable and professional musician. I remember hearing him sit-in as a guest on Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz once and being impressed.

His work on the Allman Brothers "Brothers & Sisters" ("Jessica", "Ramblin' Man") is outstanding.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 30, 2019 18:36

schillid
Eduardo,

¿Cómo te sentirías si alguien publicara en internet: "¡Vamos a degradar a Eduardo!" ?

In all fairness - he did ask "Can We"? However, before receiving permission his decision was self-delegated. Thus he acted on his own intent and purposes without authorization , which he asked for. He contradicted his own post.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 30, 2019 18:39

BV the author of this post is full of hate So sad. Please ban this guy

Date: June 30, 2019 18:39

keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
Ket
Jbargar
HEAR HEAR!

depends when you saw them. chuck replaced duane until the mid 70's. when they reformed in the late 70's they went back to the two guitar lineup and chuck was gone. chuck was also part of the band sea level from 1976-1980 that included some other members of the allman brothers. chuck was the leader, singer and namesake of the band. get it c. leavell, sea level. after sea level broke up he started working with the stones on albums in 1983. he's been part of the stones since then. he also played on the first black crowes album and did some touring with eric clapton in the early 90's while the stones were on hiatus

I saw the A-Bros. probably around 1994.

I also remember Chuck playing on EC's "Unplugged" gig.

The dude has an impressive resume, for sure.

Date: June 30, 2019 18:46

stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
Ket
Jbargar
HEAR HEAR!

by 1994 it was betts and warren haynes on guitar and chuck was with the stones. chuck was only there from like 1972-1976. after 1976 they only did a total of 5 years with two keyboard players. early 80's they had mike lawler for maybe like a tour and then when they reformed in the late 1980's they had johnny neel until after the tour for the album seven turns

Date: June 30, 2019 18:55

schillid
Eduardo,

In all fairness, if Eduardo were rich, famous and touring w/ the Rolling Stones (again), he probably wouldn't care at all...I sure wouldn't.

just like I assume Chuck doesn't...

Chuck: "let's see, Keith likes me, Mick likes me, Charlie likes me, Ron likes me...I'm making tons of money doing what I love....but Eduardo on IORR hates me....I'd better go see my therapist I'm so upset"

come on.

I don't understand why people are so upset about this (to the point of calling for "bans" and "censorship")...his post is not polite and it's not constructive...but, do you honestly think Chuck follows this board or cares what anybody says on it?

and those of you calling for Eduardo to be "banned" - on what premise? B/c he "hates" Chuck and said so publicly?

man, it's scary how quickly people want to ban everything they don't happen to like or agree with.

slippery slope, people....there was a long, difficult struggle for Freedom of Speech and Expression, so please stop being so quick to try to chip away at it

It's just a harmless, non-libelous post...you don't like it? Just ask the person to be more constructive...if that fails, ignore him/her...the post will be gone soon enough.

civility is the answer...not bans.

Date: June 30, 2019 18:58

keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
Ket
Jbargar
HEAR HEAR!

by 1994 it was betts and warren haynes on guitar and chuck was with the stones. chuck was only there from like 1972-1976. after 1976 they only did a total of 5 years with two keyboard players. early 80's they had mike lawler for maybe like a tour and then when they reformed in the late 1980's they had johnny neel until after the tour for the album seven turns

Well, I wouldn't have remembered anyway...as stated, I used to drink a lot. I remember Red Rocks being a stunning place to see a concert, but not much else. Sad, really now that I think about it....alcohol was not my friend.

sigh.

But, either way the Musical History Lesson is much appreciated....I never knew any of this about Chuck.

I still don't really care about him one way or the other, but I do like to be informed and I love all of these various connections....so, thanks!!

Date: June 30, 2019 18:59

Jbargar
Thanks Sticky Fingers... you are quite right that Eduberto should be allowed to express his/her opinion. Like you say the words could have been chosen more carefully. My reaction was probably more out of emotion than anything else. I know Chuck and the guy is so passionate about his work with the Stones etc. that I over reacted. Saw them in Chicago and Denver is next.

Have fun!

if you like Chuck and enjoy the music, that's all that matters, my friend.

ENJOY!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 19:06

OpenG
Chuck is the musical director and is role now is vital as his instrument gives the band a fuller sound when the guitars are not present during parts of some songs that may have just fell apart. Chuck keeps the stones songbook handy and is an aid to MJ when they need to add or rehearse a song.

So true.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 30, 2019 19:17

stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
Ket
Jbargar
HEAR HEAR!

Well, I wouldn't have remembered anyway...as stated, I used to drink a lot. I remember Red Rocks being a stunning place to see a concert, but not much else. Sad, really now that I think about it....alcohol was not my friend.

sigh.

But, either way the Musical History Lesson is much appreciated....I never knew any of this about Chuck.

I still don't really care about him one way or the other, but I do like to be informed and I love all of these various connections....so, thanks!!

welcome. go look at the connections of warren haynes and allen woody with the ABB too. the album seven turns, which is fantastic, is practically the 2nd album by the dickey betts band with Gregg and the 2 ABB drummers guesting. I wish the ABB had recorded a studio album in the late 90's. they had pretty much enough material. instead they released the live album peakin at the beacon to fulfill their contract with epic/sony

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 19:18 by keefriffhard4life.

Chuck Leavell APPRECIATION THREAD!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 30, 2019 19:24

Chris Fountain
schillid
Eduardo,

In all fairness - he did ask "Can We"? However, before receiving permission his decision was self-delegated. Thus he acted on his own intent and purposes without authorization , which he asked for. He contradicted his own post.

Chris, you're a 'fountain' of information.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 19:26 by treaclefingers.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1408
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home