Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hey Stones: Ban the phones
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: June 29, 2019 17:15

Down front in Chicago the view was constantly obscured by about 1/3 of the people holding up their big phones to film. Should be banned or at least shamed. Live in the moment folks, buy the DVD there surely will be one. Take one photo to prove to your friends on FB you were there.

Re: Hey Stones: Ban the phones
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 29, 2019 17:22

Jack White did phone-free shows.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 29, 2019 17:23

Totally agree. It's become unbearable

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: June 29, 2019 19:21

no phone and no recorderthumbs down

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 29, 2019 19:23

No phones, no periscopes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-29 19:23 by Koen.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: June 29, 2019 19:23

Good luck with that.

Not saying your wrong or it’s not annoying, but 98% of people who walk in the door have a phone on them and for the ridiculously expensive tickets they should be able to take pics if they want.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: June 29, 2019 19:28

Most people who bought tickets selected mobile delivery which is on your phone, unfortunately. If the Stones removed the mobile delivery option and replaced with pdf or hard tickets, then the phones could be left at home.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: June 29, 2019 19:31

Koen

Yikes!!!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 29, 2019 19:40

The few times I tried taking a video I found it to be way to distracting to me, let alone to those around me. So now I take a few pics and maybe a film a short clip and that’s it.
What gets me are the number of people who are texting during the show. Yes, I’m a hypocrite cause I do like to read the live reports on IORR. smiling smiley I just can’t multitask that way and still enjoy the moment. More power to those that can, as long as they do it between songs. Constant cell phone lights are really annoying.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 29, 2019 19:50

Its not the phones, it's people going too crazy with em, I don't like regular cameras when photogs go too crazy either.. Like mentioned above, the periscopes are worth allowing em alone smiling smiley. And tickets are on most of em as well..

Now if they would only start a petition to get rid of the crane in Pit 1 !

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: June 29, 2019 19:58

snoopy2
Its not the phones, it's people going too crazy with em, I don't like regular cameras when photogs go too crazy either.. Like mentioned above, the periscopes are worth allowing em alone smiling smiley. And tickets are on most of em as well..

Now if they would only start a petition to get rid of the crane in Pit 1 !

Since you brought it up, how about lowering the stage!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 29, 2019 20:23

Hey phones... ban the stones

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 29, 2019 21:10

swaff
Koen

Yikes!!!

Bring back the phones!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 29, 2019 21:37

Great idea. Put down the phone and watch the darn show with you eyes

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 29, 2019 21:41

No phones, no periscopes, no Facebook feeds, no YouTube videos - nothing to see here, folks, unless you've got a ticket.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 29, 2019 21:47

Jack White and now the Raconteurs (which he’s in) do phone free shows, and it’s a dream. But some people still complain about not being able to use their phones for a couple of hours (even though they can if they go outside to the lobby). It’s sad to see how almost panic-stricken some folks get just at the thought of it.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 29, 2019 21:47

I personally have got a phone that is so difficult to text with and no camera.
A tiny ,very old phone that I just use for receiving calls and making the occasional call.

As someone said, with these smartphones etc. whatever they are called, you can take great pics and videos .
Some people using them have got no respect when it comes to the people around them with the way they use them. confused smiley
Unfortunately we get this a lot at gigs these days.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: June 29, 2019 21:59

But if there were no phones, we’d never get to see Gail on the Rail.

Date: June 29, 2019 22:05

JMARCOU
no phone and no recorderthumbs down

This is typical.. we wouldn't have all those early 7-tees audience recordings if ....

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: June 29, 2019 22:10

I keep my cell in the car,I go for the show,some people need there phone,its like there crack pipe,they can not put it down.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 30, 2019 00:16

Everyone has gone crazy with these phones, including me. They should be banned at all venues. Be here now people.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 30, 2019 00:45

Just don't go. Those casual fans paying big bucks to see the same old same old should be allowed to do whatever they want.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 30, 2019 00:48

Aren't we the same folks that appreciate the live broadcast footage via periscope, facebook, etc.. ? ( General Comment not directed at anyone)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 00:51 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 30, 2019 00:55

Would be bad for business. They wouldn't do anything that's bad for business. The idea of banning things never works. The Pope tried it many times.
They tried to ban the automobile also and the video recorder. Did it work?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 30, 2019 01:08

I really don't have any interest in seeing someone's subpar video. If it's professionally filmed, great

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 30, 2019 01:42

Shott
Down front in Chicago the view was constantly obscured by about 1/3 of the people holding up their big phones to film. Should be banned or at least shamed. Live in the moment folks, buy the DVD there surely will be one. Take one photo to prove to your friends on FB you were there.

Requesting that EVERYONE who supports this idiotic idea DO NOT BE A HYPOCRITE.
Be honorable and NEVER WATCH ANOTHER VIDEO OF ANY CONCERT FOOTAGE WHICH SOMEONE TOOK THEIR OWN TIME AND TROUBLE TO CAPTURE THAT VIDEO AND HASSLED WITH POSTING IT FOR PEOPLE. DONT WATCH EVEN ONE SECOND OF ANY CONCERT VIDEO, facebook stream or periscope... and if you do... shut up about banning phones

And all the people who thank the people who post videos, please show up here and have the back bone to say banning phones is an idiotic idea.

I can easily capture concert footage and enjoy the show... it is not hard.
My camera does not block anyones view. I hold it low. It hinders no one.
If one is unable to do that then they should practice.

Phones are below many others on my list of morons who distract from a concert, phones are not even in the top ten.
These people ARE FAR WORSE THAN ANYONE CAPTURING VIDEO WITH A SMALL PHONE.
1. Aggressive Drunks (the worst)
2. People pushing in.
3. Ceaseless Selfie Takers
4. Loud tone deaf singers along.
5. I didn’t see him, but at Hyde Park in 2013, someone on here said there was a bloke in the crowd playing his harmonica along to every song before security threw him out.
6. At the Who in Hyde Park in 2015, some chap in front of us tried to video a whole song with a 10” iPad complete with cover hanging down, blocking the view of 40+ people until my friend gently dealt with him.
7. People holding up signs, flags and banners, blocking the view of others.

8. Scream talkers constant nonstop blather
9. Monster size guy with tiny girlfriend on his shoulders
10. Shirtless dude asking everyone if they got a pipe or papers.
11. Bros (aka Frat bros, Frat boys) usually come in packs of four, pushing each other fighting around, constant high fives, drunk, blahing to every one around.
12. Crazy wide area spin dancing person with no awareness that anyone else is there as they widen their dance area bumping into people.
13. f&f (friends and family) of the band or promoter - see above for behavior
14. Sick person vomitting possibly starting the vomit train chain reaction

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 02:04 by Xam.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 30, 2019 02:09

Stoneage
Would be bad for business. They wouldn't do anything that's bad for business. The idea of banning things never works. The Pope tried it many times.
They tried to ban the automobile also and the video recorder. Did it work?

Ok thanks for the feedback. I think if we add extension "arms" to the cellphone, where the height now extends not to obstruct view, would that help?

We all now use or depend on Smartphones now for everyday life.

Please advise

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 02:11 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 30, 2019 02:25

TBH not really interested in seeing crappy quality snippets filmed on a mobile. Phones at concerts are a pain in the ass - the Jack White gig i saw at Hammersmith Odeon last year was phone free and BLISSFULL. I personally grab a few pic first song then shove it back in my pocket.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: June 30, 2019 02:27

While I'm guilty of watching periscope feeds and Youtube clips, it's also true *some* concerts have become unbearable with 1/4 crowd getting all ADD with their phones.

Multi-tasking is NOT watching a concert. The level of distraction these days is unbelievable - especially at Stones concerts - who are now rock s greatest tourist attraction.

Maybe they should dedicate 'Sad Sad Sad' to those who can't put their phones away for an hour or two.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 30, 2019 02:51

Xam

Requesting that EVERYONE who supports this idiotic idea DO NOT BE A HYPOCRITE.
Be honorable and NEVER WATCH ANOTHER VIDEO OF ANY CONCERT FOOTAGE WHICH SOMEONE TOOK THEIR OWN TIME AND TROUBLE TO CAPTURE THAT VIDEO AND HASSLED WITH POSTING IT FOR PEOPLE. DONT WATCH EVEN ONE SECOND OF ANY CONCERT VIDEO, facebook stream or periscope

I don't, personally. Not least because the quality is rarely good, though I'll watch any pro-shot footage I can find. I still strongly support the idiotic idea. grinning smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2102
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home