Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: The Rolling Stones - Burl's Creek Canada 29-June-2019
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 1, 2019 16:26

PalaisRoyale
Green Lady
snoopy2
Green Lady

Ok, I have to ask cuz I don't know.. Where are people getting these set lists? I first started seeing people with them on Zip Code, at the bar after etc, but never asked before.. Do crew members hand them out?

They start appearing on Twitter shortly after (or sometimes during) the show: the band usually post an official one but other people seem to get copies from crew members. The one I posted came from an account in Japanese so no idea about its source.
At Chicago 1, somebody seems to have given away a copy of the "rain" setlist very early on once they knew it wouldn't be needed, which caused a bit of confusion because people who weren't listening to the show posted it as the actual setlist. That hasn't happened again so far.

Hi Green Lady,

I attended the show and went to great lengths to try and get a copy but was unsuccessful. Would you be so kind to send me the source or scan a copy to my email. It's not hidden in my profile. Thank You kindly

I think you may have misunderstood me - I am several thousand miles away in the UK and I do not have a physical copy of the set list. All I can do is send you a copy of the pictures, which I'm happy to do.

Re: Burl's Creek Canada show 29-June-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 16:57

buffalo7478
jasona93
Gotta go check the tape for altered lyrics...

Lets Spend the Night Together
Stuck in this Parking Lot Forever

The show was wonderful. I haven't had the opportunity to see Like a Rainbow or Sad Sad Sad in the flesh, so those were a treat. Grabbed a GA spot near the B stage just before the Beaches set, the B stage is a great re-addition to the show, I only wish it was one song longer (at the expense of 5 minutes chopped from the song that must not be named)!

The venue was nice and orderly on the way in, surprisingly so given the number of people and it being a long holiday weekend in Canada. The way out though, forget it. Total chaos and the lack of parking lot attendants and police was staggering. I've got no health problems, knock on wood, but if anyone had a health problem in that mess they are now likely dead. Go on Twitter and search for #BurlsCreek for a good read.

Looking forward to seeing them in DC in a more orderly environment!

The reason I sat this one out, even though it is the closest tour date to where I live and I actually work/stay in Toronto often: the traffic was going to be a nightmare. Coach in and out only means you are sitting on a bus for hours instead of sitting in a car - still not how I want to spend a beautiful Summer day on a Canadian holiday weekend for a set of songs I have seen played (some too many times). My idea for future shows where traffic will be a known issue: If they feel that they have to play Miss You, Sympathy and Satisfaction, and they put them all as the encore, so the fans that are tired of them can leave before they start and get a 20 minute head start (joking).

why more people didnt partake in the camping availability is beyond me,,

was a fun atmosphere over there, very relaxed, great wandering and meeting people,

and in the morning exiting was a breeze,

and camping was not much more money than parking,

also the one thing burls creek did do wrong with traffic, Line 8 should have been one way traffic, before show 2 lanes of traffic heading north, after event 2 lanes heading south, ( just like Nascar does it)

other than that it is what it is for traffic,,

however with all the bitchn I doubt they do another big 1 day event

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: July 1, 2019 17:26

Green Lady
PalaisRoyale
Green Lady
snoopy2
Green Lady

Ok, I have to ask cuz I don't know.. Where are people getting these set lists? I first started seeing people with them on Zip Code, at the bar after etc, but never asked before.. Do crew members hand them out?

They start appearing on Twitter shortly after (or sometimes during) the show: the band usually post an official one but other people seem to get copies from crew members. The one I posted came from an account in Japanese so no idea about its source.
At Chicago 1, somebody seems to have given away a copy of the "rain" setlist very early on once they knew it wouldn't be needed, which caused a bit of confusion because people who weren't listening to the show posted it as the actual setlist. That hasn't happened again so far.

Hi Green Lady,

I attended the show and went to great lengths to try and get a copy but was unsuccessful. Would you be so kind to send me the source or scan a copy to my email. It's not hidden in my profile. Thank You kindly

I think you may have misunderstood me - I am several thousand miles away in the UK and I do not have a physical copy of the set list. All I can do is send you a copy of the pictures, which I'm happy to do.

Yes ok. If anyone would be so kind as to scan a copy to me. I went all over to try and find one. Cheers

Re: Burl's Creek Canada show 29-June-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 18:20

Chris Fountain
The entire continent is in a traffic jam. What adds to this traffic crawl is the fact that most folks now purchase products online, which leads to even more congestion via Transfer Truck Deliveries. It is 24-7 traffic now in America.

The travel infrastructure must be upgraded immediately or we need to find new forms of transportation.

So it'd somehow be better if they all went out in their own cars to buy stuff at B&M stores???

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 1, 2019 20:17

PalaisRoyale
Green Lady
PalaisRoyale
Green Lady
snoopy2
Green Lady

Hi Green Lady,

Yes ok. If anyone would be so kind as to scan a copy to me. I went all over to try and find one. Cheers

Green Lady in everything you are so obstinately and passionate.
One day the Stones will hire you.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 20:28

buffalo7478
jasona93

The show was wonderful. I haven't had the opportunity to see Like a Rainbow or Sad Sad Sad in the flesh, so those were a treat. Grabbed a GA spot near the B stage just before the Beaches set, the B stage is a great re-addition to the show, I only wish it was one song longer (at the expense of 5 minutes chopped from the song that must not be named)!

The venue was nice and orderly on the way in, surprisingly so given the number of people and it being a long holiday weekend in Canada. The way out though, forget it. Total chaos and the lack of parking lot attendants and police was staggering. I've got no health problems, knock on wood, but if anyone had a health problem in that mess they are now likely dead. Go on Twitter and search for #BurlsCreek for a good read.

The reason I sat this one out, even though it is the closest tour date to where I live and I actually work/stay in Toronto often: the traffic was going to be a nightmare. Coach in and out only means you are sitting on a bus for hours instead of sitting in a car - still not how I want to spend a beautiful Summer day on a Canadian holiday weekend for a set of songs I have seen played (some too many times). My idea for future shows where traffic will be a known issue: If they feel that they have to play Miss You, Sympathy and Satisfaction, and they put them all as the encore, so the fans that are tired of them can leave before they start and get a 20 minute head start (joking).

I hear you, when I heard the show was Canada Day weekend and I already had DC and Chicago 2 in hand (the last show of the tour), I wasn't even worried about this one. Then another friend who had only seen them once really wanted to go and who am I to turn that down, but still knowing it was going to be a hot mess. Then the reschedule results in my 3 shows all in a row. Wouldn't trade the experience for anything, but I'll never go to that venue again. I skip Darien Lake shows in the Buffalo area for the same reason.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 20:52

northernale1
buffalo7478
jasona93

was a fun atmosphere over there, very relaxed, great wandering and meeting people,

also the one thing burls creek did do wrong with traffic, Line 8 should have been one way traffic, before show 2 lanes of traffic heading north, after event 2 lanes heading south, ( just like Nascar does it)

I didn't camp because I prefer hotels and I didn't think it an unreasonable expectation that there would be a cop directing traffic and a couple kids with batons waving cars along like every other concert or sporting event I've been to in my entire life. Egress was simply poorly managed by the venue and it wasn't safe. The venue is extremely lucky that nothing like a fan having a heart attack or an accident involving a fan falling asleep at the wheel occurred. I don't think its overly dramatic to think one of these things could happen at a place where 71,000 people, many of them seniors, are gathering.

Also I may be wrong, please correct me if so, but I feel like the camping option was not mentioned at the first onsale? Regardless, give me a real bed any day of the week, provided the venue making gobs of money pays the cops a little overtime to direct traffic.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: July 1, 2019 20:52

if anyone has a physical copy of the setlist could you please email me a scan of it?
bengigan@hotmail.com

I'm attending all the shows and will be attempting to get setlists each time. I just wasn't able to get one this time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-01 20:54 by bengigan.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 20:58

jasona93
northernale1
buffalo7478
jasona93

I didn't camp because I prefer hotels and I didn't think it an unreasonable expectation that there would be a cop directing traffic and a couple kids with batons waving cars along like every other concert or sporting event I've been to in my entire life. Egress was simply poorly managed by the venue and it wasn't safe. The venue is extremely lucky that nothing like a fan having a heart attack or an accident involving a fan falling asleep at the wheel occurred. I don't think its overly dramatic to think one of these things could happen at a place where 71,000 people, many of them seniors, are gathering.

Also I may be wrong, please correct me if so, but I feel like the camping option was not mentioned at the first onsale? Regardless, give me a real bed any day of the week, provided the venue making gobs of money pays the cops a little overtime to direct traffic.

One way in one way out. Not much direction to be given

If anyone that the burls Creek situation was bad. You best never attend a Nascar event.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 1, 2019 21:18

jasona93

Never heard DC referred to as a orderly environment before.smiling smiley

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: July 2, 2019 00:18

Just now posting pics b/c we didn't get out of Burl's Creek until 4:30am, which gave me a severe migraine that landed me in hospital. But feeling much better now.

I saw Chicago 1 and as others have said, Keith was lackluster that time, but on fire in Canada! So glad we made the second trip!

What's so funny, Ronnie?

Keith was on fire!

Ricky sneaks into the pit via crowdsurfing

The Stones reveal their true natures as 4th dimensional light beings

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: July 2, 2019 00:20

northernale1
jasona93
northernale1
buffalo7478
jasona93

One way in one way out. Not much direction to be given

If anyone that the burls Creek situation was bad. You best never attend a Nascar event.

We're American--been to the Indy 500 and Brooklyn, MI, and this parking situation was *waaaay* worse than any Nascar event I've ever seen. Not getting stuck back in West 15 would have helped, but still...

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: July 2, 2019 01:45

Sure everything wasn't perfect. But who frikkin cares? I had an amazing time, and saw the greatest rock roll band in the world.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: July 2, 2019 04:54

I remember before the Licks show at the Enmore in Sydney some members of the Stones crew interviewed me on my favourite Stones album. After, they asked me where I was sitting. Just before the show one of them came up to me and gave me a copy of the setlist. It some respects it was an anti climax knowing the what songs were coming up.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 2, 2019 05:03

I did a recon run Friday night at 1930... Lines 7 & 9 were so far away from the stage, which I could see, that there was no point in trying to get pix. And the nice Burl's Creek marquee was difficult too, with no pulloffs on Hwy 11 to get a shot...

I decided to do like I did in Indianapolis in 2015, I moved out early...Saturday when they were done with Midnight Rambler, I started heading to the car. Woulda grabbed a program at the merch trailer but there were still a f-ton of folks in the line... the sound carried all the way to the car, and as I took Line 7 back up to Hwy 11.

Easy and quick... but not many folks were heading out yet. That Line 7 overpass above Hwy 11 was down to one lane, with a temporary stop light installed... that no doubt screwed everyone wanting to take 11 to Barrie and points south.

All roads were two-lane, so I noticed all day, and I could see 'em all day, the buses coming into the camping/dropoff area north off Line 8 creeping in, and they never stopped into the early evening.

I don't like not seeing every second of entertainment I pay for, but I arrived at 0930, parked in the line on 7 to get into parking, so I bailed a little early, while The Rolling Stones played me to my car,

Left Barrie at 0430, and was home in Troy, OH by 1215, with 5 stops for Tim Horton's, gas and bathroom breaks!

Rock and Roll!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 2, 2019 05:13

thumbs up
That, indeed, is rock and roll, TKinOH cool smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 2, 2019 07:41

If that story is true it has nothing to so with Rock and Roll but with words that are not allowed here. I always wonder who these people are that are always leaving before the encores. Are they afraid of life? But leaving over 30 minutes earlier....I don't find words for this.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 2, 2019 09:53

hockenheim95
If that story is true it has nothing to so with Rock and Roll but with words that are not allowed here. I always wonder who these people are that are always leaving before the encores. Are they afraid of life? But leaving over 30 minutes earlier....I don't find words for this.

Are they also the people who wait until two or three songs into the show, to get a bargain price from the scalpers?

I usually guess that early leavers have to catch the last train back to Far Far Away.

Date: July 2, 2019 10:53

Very good solos from keith. He has been bashed here for Sympathy solos in the past. This works very well.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: July 2, 2019 11:51

TKinOH
I did a recon run Friday night at 1930... Lines 7 & 9 were so far away from the stage, which I could see, that there was no point in trying to get pix. And the nice Burl's Creek marquee was difficult too, with no pulloffs on Hwy 11 to get a shot...

I decided to do like I did in Indianapolis in 2015, I moved out early...Saturday when they were done with Midnight Rambler, I started heading to the car. Woulda grabbed a program at the merch trailer but there were still a f-ton of folks in the line... the sound carried all the way to the car, and as I took Line 7 back up to Hwy 11.

Easy and quick... but not many folks were heading out yet. That Line 7 overpass above Hwy 11 was down to one lane, with a temporary stop light installed... that no doubt screwed everyone wanting to take 11 to Barrie and points south.

All roads were two-lane, so I noticed all day, and I could see 'em all day, the buses coming into the camping/dropoff area north off Line 8 creeping in, and they never stopped into the early evening.

I don't like not seeing every second of entertainment I pay for, but I arrived at 0930, parked in the line on 7 to get into parking, so I bailed a little early, while The Rolling Stones played me to my car,

Left Barrie at 0430, and was home in Troy, OH by 1215, with 5 stops for Tim Horton's, gas and bathroom breaks!

Rock and Roll!

Excuse me, but what's the point in driving 6-7 hours each way to go to a concert, and then leave 30 min before the end. Just don't get iteye rolling smiley

Date: July 2, 2019 11:54

Madison Square Garden, 1969.
One fan to another, right in front of stage:

"I think they will still play in 50 years.it will be 2019 and they will fill
stadiums across he world and Mick will be 75 then and even more moving on stage like now."

Other fan:
"Whatever you smoked, give it to me!!"

Date: July 2, 2019 14:23

I know it is a matter of taste and all that stuff BUT it seems to me this is the best rolling stones that I have seen in many years.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: July 2, 2019 17:48

I typically leave before or during the encore. Maybe not for the Stones but missing 1-2 songs and getting a jump on the crowd can mean getting out of there an hour or more before everyone else

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-02 17:49 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 2, 2019 17:55

Gaetzi
I typically leave before or during the encore. Maybe not for the Stones but missing 1-2 songs and getting a jump on the crowd can mean getting out of there an hour or more before everyone else

Imagine how much time you could save if you would stay at home. You even wouldn't have to pay for it... Seriously, how can you prefer one hour less of waiting over 10 minutes of live music by a band or an artist you like? I will never ever get arguments like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-02 17:56 by hockenheim95.

Date: July 2, 2019 17:58

emotionalbarbecue
I know it is a matter of taste and all that stuff BUT it seems to me this is the best rolling stones that I have seen in many years.

Lovely!

And in how many? 7 years since the start of 50 and counting or even far more back?

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: July 2, 2019 18:07

hockenheim95
Gaetzi

Imagine how much time you could save if you would stay at home. You even wouldn't have to pay for it... Seriously, how can you prefer one hour less of waiting over 10 minutes of live music by a band or an artist you like? I will never ever get arguments like that.

I see 60+ shows a year. I think I'm entitled to do it how I like. Missing 10 minutes of music over the course of a three hour show isn't a big deal to me. At a venue like Red Rocks w mult parking lots and very few roads out, I can be home before most people get onto the road. I have a problem sitting an in an hour of traffic for no real reason

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: July 2, 2019 20:08

For SomeTorontoGirl -
STG - did you go? (I'm travelling in the Yukon.) If you were there - hope you had a blast!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 2, 2019 20:14

Hi Marmalade, I wondered if you were there. Sorry you missed it. Yes, I was there, it was a good show with some minor sound issues and missed cues, folks fainting in the Pit and a massive traffic jam to leave. Rock and roll! grinning smiley

Date: July 3, 2019 00:14

I think theynare better than 2018. Keith solos are so much better.

Sad sad sad sounds great. Never likes thensong, love it now

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 3, 2019 02:34

I'd rather sleep in my car or walk three hours to the hotel than leaving before the encore at a Stones show. Especially these days where every show could potentially be your last one.
If you're concerned about the rush after the concert you can go to the entrance/exit and watch the encore from there. Then after the final bow you run and you'll still be one of the first ones at the train station or at the car parking place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-03 02:37 by StonedRambler.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home