Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15
Re: Chicago #2 show 25-June-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 27, 2019 17:13

powerage78
I agree too.

But reading for years and consistently that a concert was better than the previous one and invariably the current tour is better than the previous one makes me laugh.

If you started going to live shows (as I did) at the not so brilliant tail end of the Bigger Bang tour, just after Keith's accident, then each tour after that has in fact been an improvement. I don't have any live experience of earlier shows to compare with, and undoubtedly many were better, but I wasn't there - and nor were lots of other newer fans.

Re: Chicago #2 show 25-June-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 27, 2019 17:57

powerage78
But reading for years and consistently that a concert was better than the previous one and invariably the current tour is better than the previous one makes me laugh.

It was the BEST SHOW EVER!!!!winking smiley

In all seriousness, and from my personal perspective of shows I've been to, I can sincerely tell you it was the best since the 50 and Counting Mick Taylor shows.
Better than Zip Code San Diego opener, better than both Desert Trips shows, and way better than *Vegas '16. Prior to the Mick Taylor shows, I'd say it was better than most ABB shows I attended. The Hollywood Bowl shows in '05 were both quite unique and special for that tour and are on a different level partly because of the historical venue itself. It was also better than a couple of Licks shows I attended, though most of the Licks shows - especially the theater/club shows - were far superior. But here we are today and the Stones are still rolling...really not much to complain about, and the fact is they are playing at an exceptional level! If I were you I would make an effort to see them while you can - I guarantee you won't be disappointed.smiling smileythumbs up

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 27, 2019 19:09

Slipping Away. Just gorgeous.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 19:17

Happy for you. I always read "better" than "not so good than...". Like in your post cool smiley
So never "this concert was average than the one I saw in ..." or "the Stones were not so good"...
Stones fan culture smileys with beer

Hairball
powerage78

It was the BEST SHOW EVER!!!!winking smiley

In all seriousness, and from my personal perspective of shows I've been to, I can sincerely tell you it was the best since the 50 and Counting Mick Taylor shows.
Better than Zip Code San Diego opener, better than both Desert Trips shows, and way better than *Vegas '16. Prior to the Mick Taylor shows, I'd say it was better than most ABB shows I attended. The Hollywood Bowl shows in '05 were both quite unique and special for that tour and are on a different level partly because of the historical venue itself. It was also better than a couple of Licks shows I attended, though most of the Licks shows - especially the theater/club shows - were far superior. But here we are today and the Stones are still rolling...really not much to complain about, and the fact is they are playing at an exceptional level! If I were you I would make an effort to see them while you can - I guarantee you won't be disappointed.smiling smileythumbs up

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 27, 2019 19:28

It was great to see the Stones doing so well -- especially so soon after Mick's surgery. You can love the band, while being honest about the changes.

I hadn't seen a show since 50 and Counting, and that show was performed much better, with much more energy.

As I said above, I've seen 10 shows back to '72. I've seen shows where Keith covered for Ron, or vice versa. This wasn't the worst -- there was one Chicago show where Mick had a cold 15 or 20 years ago that wasn't great. But this wasn't close to the best show ever.

Having said all that, it's important to say as BV emphasizes, each show is a gift. Each show should be greatly enjoyed for what it is. And thanks to the Stones for coming back to town, and putting on a great show.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 27, 2019 19:55

C'mon guys .... Midimannz AND rskinno

Thank you in advance

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 27, 2019 20:00

As an aside, I was never a big fan of Keith's live guitar soloing, so how he did on SFD etc. is not of interest to me.

I think he did a fine job on the riffs and chord rhythm playing.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 27, 2019 22:01

Monkey Man. Pit Keith side

[youtu.be]

Date: June 27, 2019 22:02

Honky Tonk Women. Pit Keith side

[youtu.be]

Date: June 27, 2019 22:04

Ride Ëm On Down. Pit Keith side

[youtu.be]

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 27, 2019 22:08

beachbreak
As an aside, I was never a big fan of Keith's live guitar soloing, so how he did on SFD etc. is not of interest to me.

Sure this don't interest you winking smiley

Sympathy. solo starts 2.29
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 22:24

rebelrebel

[www.youtube.com]

no doubt....maybe the best i've heard him in a few years.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 27, 2019 22:29

OK, that was a really good solo on SFD.

Today I would let Ronnie play it and Keith stick to those monstrous chords and rhythm.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 22:31

two4fun111
rebelrebel

[www.youtube.com]

what a great song! (the only one from that shitty album)
Keith was very very great on this !!!

Date: June 27, 2019 22:32

two4fun111
rebelrebel

[www.youtube.com]

Keith was very very great on this !!! Hats off.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 27, 2019 22:40

two4fun111
rebelrebel

[www.youtube.com]

Lovely performance, and fun to watch him communicating with the backing singers - first to apologise for getting the verses in the wrong order, and then to telegraph whether he's about to sing "Just as you have touched my heart..." or "First the sun and then the moon..."

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 27, 2019 22:43

two4fun111
rebelrebel

[www.youtube.com]

Agreed, in some ways watching that, Keith is all there, all present, at one with the music , smiling like Buddha , just amazing how he takes you to that place with him.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 27, 2019 23:11

keithsman
two4fun111
rebelrebel

[www.youtube.com]

Agreed, in some ways watching that, Keith is all there, all present, at one with the music , smiling like Buddha , just amazing how he takes you to that place with him.

Its too bad those dumb @#$%& people keep talking, while keef is singing. Those people should be evacuated .
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-27 23:11 by runrudolph.

Date: June 27, 2019 23:27

Charles and Ronald seems to really enjoying Keith's performance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-27 23:28 by 1962.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 27, 2019 23:36

Funny - Mick announced "a blues" but it was time for "Bitch" -
Later Keith started MR when it was time for PIB ...

Great concert! grinning smiley

WHAT a band ...

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: June 28, 2019 01:36

I am starting to load Chicago show two right now. Jumpin' Jack Flash is here.

[www.youtube.com]
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=NToMphMUgFw

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 28, 2019 02:40

Chicago 2 IORR pages updated with more pictures and reports:

The Rolling Stones
Soldier Field
Chicago, IL, USA
Tuesday June 25, 2019

Bjornulf

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 28, 2019 02:51

rebelrebel

[www.youtube.com]
WHICH BASTARD TALKS THERE DURING THIS BEAUTIFUL PERFORMANCE? angry smiley

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: June 28, 2019 03:01

Not sure if anyone at the show noticed, but you can see in this video of a few unreleased songs that pop up on the screen as they are announcing the song vote:

And Mr. Spector And Mr. Pitney Came Too
Highway Child
Stuck Out All Alone
Drift Away
Strictly Memphis

Did they get together every Stones related song written/recorded to show on the screen? Very interesting. Can anyone point out more?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: June 28, 2019 05:09

All my videos are loaded from the second Chicago show. I am not back on the road for more shows until Denver. Can't wait.Here is the link for Satisfaction.

[www.youtube.com]

Satisfaction in Chicago Show 2

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 28, 2019 05:10

bv
Chicago 2 IORR pages updated with more pictures and reports:

The Rolling Stones
Soldier Field
Chicago, IL, USA
Tuesday June 25, 2019

Thanks Bjornulf- excellent pics and reviews, and great to see Dean Goodman telling it like it is as only he can. thumbs up

fzv98d
All my videos are loaded from the second Chicago show. I am not back on the road for more shows until Denver. Can't wait.Here is the link for Satisfaction.

[www.youtube.com]

Satisfaction in Chicago Show 2

And thanks to you and everyone else for taking the time to post pics and videos!thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-28 05:12 by Hairball.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 28, 2019 05:18

keithsman
beachbreak

[www.youtube.com]

Fantastic indeed. And it has to be said that this is a "modern" version where the whole band is on fire, a version that even swings - despite the percussion loop!

What a difference it makes when a band is really into a song instead of just going through it because it has to be done because it's on the set list because it's a good show piece for the casual Stones punter...

Still prefer the 1969 version, though - but this one is truly not bad at all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-28 05:28 by retired_dog.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 28, 2019 07:17

For Stoneage: No signs of Al Bundy at either show.hot smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 28, 2019 14:21

great review by Dean Goodman: "tourists" in the pit staring at the screen says it all about certain concert goers with filled wallet and empty brain.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 28, 2019 15:18

keithsman
beachbreak

[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home