Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: song vote(s) overview North America 2019
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 5, 2019 04:17

Seems it was more than just "casual fans" voting as Rocks Off won the day - not really a song that's as well known amongst the masses/casual fans as say Get Off My Cloud or even Bitch.
Had the casual fan had their way, almost guaranteed Get Off My Cloud would have won, but instead the winner was Rocks Off - the fans have spoken!
I have a feeling Emotional Rescue came in at a distant last place at the bottom of the barrel, and the faux-disco vibe doesn't deserve to be there anymore.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 5, 2019 05:06

As almost everybody knows, Rocks Off is the opening track of EOMS. Is it that less known than GOOMC or Bitch among the general public — even if it wasn’t released as a single (except in Japan)?

I wouldn’t be surprised that ER will resurface among the choices for the future song vote along the way no matter what wins.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 5, 2019 05:58

Hairball
Seems it was more than just "casual fans" voting as Rocks Off won the day - not really a song that's as well known amongst the masses/casual fans as say Get Off My Cloud or even Bitch.
Had the casual fan had their way, almost guaranteed Get Off My Cloud would have won, but instead the winner was Rocks Off - the fans have spoken!
I have a feeling Emotional Rescue came in at a distant last place at the bottom of the barrel, and the faux-disco vibe doesn't deserve to be there anymore.

I think this is correct and a result of the new way they are doing the voting, by having people take the time to register etc. More casual fans who used to be able to vote on twitter in a fraction of a second now don't bother. I think an organized effort amongst hardcore fans could result in more rarities as the tour goes on.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 5, 2019 06:22

RisingStone
As almost everybody knows, Rocks Off is the opening track of EOMS. Is it that less known than GOOMC or Bitch among the general public — even if it wasn’t released as a single (except in Japan)?

I wouldn’t be surprised that ER will resurface among the choices for the future song vote along the way no matter what wins.

Off the top of my head, Rocks Off has never been on a greatest hits compilation hence it's way less known amongst the masses.
GOMC on the other hand has probably been on every one, while Bitch has been on at least a few starting with made in the Shade.
Ask most any casual fan what album Rocks Off came from, and you'd probably get a blank stare.

As for ER resurfacing amongst future votes, perhaps yes there's a chance, but the odds of it losing again are great based on what many dedicated fans voted for in the recent polls.
Seems if the Stones wanted to play it they would, but I have a feeling some of the band don't like it - especially Keith.

*Edit: Just realized Rocks Off made it on to HONK (which I didn't buy), but still doubt most if not all casual fans would know what original album it came from.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-05 07:01 by Hairball.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 5, 2019 13:58

Hairball
RisingStone

Off the top of my head, Rocks Off has never been on a greatest hits compilation hence it's way less known amongst the masses.

That's not true. Rocks Off is to be found on GRRR! and Honk

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 5, 2019 15:59

RisingStone

It's on HONK, not that it's sold enough to warrant the casual fan experience of having a copy of the newest hits comp with the number of people seeing the tour.

TATTOO YOU sold more than attended the tour, it seems, where as STEEL WHEELS sold around 2 million but the tour had over 3 million people. There's never been a direct correlation between an album's success and a tour's attendance success.

Rocks Off is a great song. It should've been a single. The horns... listen to Rocks Off and Heartbreaker in a row, they fit together excellently.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 5, 2019 16:37

Obviously Rocks off is a great song. Not many people argue against that. But it has been played on stage quite a few times, if not a genuine warhorse. I’d rather like to see a rarity being picked up for the song vote.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 7, 2019 11:23

updated 7/7/19

Date: July 8, 2019 09:19

updates 8.7.19

Date: July 13, 2019 21:47

updated 13.7.19

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: July 13, 2019 22:25

Slewan, you’ve got She’s A Rainbow twice. Good job though, thanks I’m ready for Jacksonville!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 14, 2019 00:11

I'm voting for the songs I least want in the shows I'm not going to. The theory is if they play say "Harlem Shuffle", it won't come up again leaving me with "Live with Me" or "Stray Cat Blues" being played in Seattle. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 16, 2019 16:11

crholmstrom
I'm voting for the songs I least want in the shows I'm not going to. The theory is if they play say "Harlem Shuffle", it won't come up again leaving me with "Live with Me" or "Stray Cat Blues" being played in Seattle. >grinning smiley<

love to hear SCB live in Seattle!

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: July 16, 2019 17:19

Anyone else slightly annoyed by the graphic they show on stage during the song vote portion? They show a video listing off a bunch of songs that they would absolutely never play live such as Turd On The Run, Everything Is Turning To Gold, Highway Child, And Mr. Spector And Mr. Pitney Came Too, etc... Songs that would make their setlist a little more interesting to the non-casual fan. Are they just trolling us?

Date: July 16, 2019 17:38

Boognish
Anyone else slightly annoyed by the graphic they show on stage during the song vote portion? They show a video listing off a bunch of songs that they would absolutely never play live such as Turd On The Run, Everything Is Turning To Gold, Highway Child, And Mr. Spector And Mr. Pitney Came Too, etc... Songs that would make their setlist a little more interesting to the non-casual fan. Are they just trolling us?

Not annoyed by it in the least and believe it's quite affective in showcasing their extremely impressive list of songs recorded. Cool graphics and a big step up from just showing the four contenders for the evening.

Date: July 16, 2019 17:55

updated 16.7.19

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: July 16, 2019 23:26

I have no proof and I don't mean to sound like a conspiracist but I'm not convinced they play the song w the most votes. They may well play the song they're most comfortable playing

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: July 16, 2019 23:39

There is a show from last year maybe, where the 4 vote songs appear on the screens - one of them is 'Under My Thumb' but the vote was for 'Shattered' (I believe, don't quote me on these), and Mick says something like:"Let's do UMT instead, we actually know that one..".

Maybe Mick was just going for a laugh, but it hints that they don't necessarily play the vote tune they really want to.

Date: July 19, 2019 09:46

updated 19.7.19

Date: July 20, 2019 09:40

updated 20.7.19

Date: July 22, 2019 17:08

updated 22.7.19

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 22, 2019 17:38

Mercy Mercy! But why are they calling it Have Mercy, am I missing something?

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: July 24, 2019 00:58

thank-you slewan for keeping us informed so thoroughly and reliably on the song vote situation on this tour

Date: July 24, 2019 01:51

TIRED
thank-you slewan for keeping us informed so thoroughly and reliably on the song vote situation on this tour
thumbs up +1

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 01:56

frankotero
Mercy Mercy! But why are they calling it Have Mercy, am I missing something?

Mick's a huge Full House fan.

Date: July 24, 2019 09:56

updated 24.7.19

Date: July 26, 2019 09:35

updated 26.7.19

Date: July 29, 2019 11:38

updated 29.7.19

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: July 29, 2019 16:10

mosthigh
There is a show from last year maybe, where the 4 vote songs appear on the screens - one of them is 'Under My Thumb' but the vote was for 'Shattered' (I believe, don't quote me on these), and Mick says something like:"Let's do UMT instead, we actually know that one..".

Maybe Mick was just going for a laugh, but it hints that they don't necessarily play the vote tune they really want to.

I think this may have been the Prague show ...

Date: July 29, 2019 16:37

welshphil
mosthigh

I think this may have been the Prague show ...

it fact he made similar jokes all the time like 'I'd rather do one of the others' Once or twice I shouted back 'feel free to do so!'

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1764
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home