Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones between shows in Chicago?
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 15:15

I didn't realize the Stones had 3 days off between shows in Chicago.
Is that part of Dr orders for Mick?

Any band members popping up in area clubs?

Re: Stones between shows in Chicago?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 24, 2019 17:28

It was planned with one show every four days way back with the original dates. They have been doing two shows per week for a while now, so 2-3 days between shows is not new.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 24, 2019 17:30

there are 6 days off between Boston and NOLA, this is normal

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 18:22

yeah ...I noticed the tours of late were very relaxed in terms of no back to back shows. They typically roll into town an few days early and enjoy the local landmarks. Seems most of the cities got one show and then it was on to the next city with a few days off in between.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 24, 2019 22:10

Mick needs time to eat and digest
one of those Chicago beef sandwiches ……..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 24, 2019 22:26

Rockman
Mick needs time to eat and digest
one of those Chicago beef sandwiches ……..
grinning smiley

I was/am still not even sure what he was talking about... but... YIKES!!!
Dry or wet!? And the crowd murmured quite a bit of opinion of which is best, after he asked.
All I could imagine at that moment was... exactly what you said Rockeeeee... that is funny! All of it.

I am sure all by design. Mick is funny, he always is. He has great dry wit humor.

Posted by: chrisvw ()
Date: June 24, 2019 23:11

If i owned one of those Italian beef restaurants, i’d Have a few delivered by drone to mick onstage tomorrow!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 24, 2019 23:23

Hey Xam …. check out the
Darryl interview about 4.40 in ...[wgnradio.com]

ROCKMAN

Date: June 25, 2019 00:46

Rockman
Hey Xam …. check out the
Thanks Rockeeee, that was a good listen!

Darryl is cool dude, anyone who can hang with these guys for this long (no small feat) is obviously doing it right. I am happy for him!
And it is nice to see him get his solo spotlight on miff you, it makes me less vocal about dumping that song.

And that part at the end where he was talking Mick and his heart surgery... it brought back how sad that news mad me. I didn't talk/convey to anyone how I felt... cuz no one cares... but I will say it makes me feel more delighted (than it did sad) when he came out shining so bright afterwards. He looked great! The tour was back on! Mick seems better than ever!!! There are no words to properly describe how great that is.

Aint no palm trees or busted heart valves gonna hold these guys down!!

STONES!!!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 00:55

I'm amazed that people like Paul McCartney are touring more than ever these days on a fairly hectic pace. Same as Elton John. I realize they have a younger backing band than the Stones do but it's still impressive. Elton is doing 3 shows in 4 nights this September in Vancouver.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 25, 2019 01:12

bv
It was planned with one show every four days way back with the original dates. They have been doing two shows per week for a while now, so 2-3 days between shows is not new.

Appreciate they need time off in between shows - but in the month of July only 6 shows ?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 25, 2019 01:16

Tonstone
bv

Appreciate they need time off in between shows - but in the month of July only 6 shows ?

They like to take an extended break during the tour.

Nate

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 25, 2019 01:26

Nate
Tonstone
bv

They like to take an extended break during the tour.

Nate
Oh ok, got you thanks for the update .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-25 18:48 by Tonstone.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 25, 2019 04:50

I think of them at work for rehearsals, so that week off kinda splits the rehearsal/tour schedules as a whole...

And, they've earned it!!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 25, 2019 08:07

chrisvw
If i owned one of those Italian beef restaurants, i’d Have a few delivered by drone to mick onstage tomorrow!

Beef is not something you’d want to eat after heart surgery.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 25, 2019 08:21

It was during the Lick Tour that it was decided that shows’ on consecutive nights were no-linger doable. The gap between performances has widened since the A Bigger Bang tour.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 09:54

Big Al
It was during the Lick Tour that it was decided that shows’ on consecutive nights were no-linger doable. The gap between performances has widened since the A Bigger Bang tour.

Correct. They last played 2 nights on the trot 16 years ago. Mick was told by his doctors to stop doing shows on consecutive at the time and he hasn’t done so since.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 25, 2019 13:51

I've been trying to convince my employer that I should work one day on and three off ...but he isn't having any of it sad smiley

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: June 25, 2019 15:11

Spud
I've been trying to convince my employer that I should work one day on and three off ...but he isn't having any of it sad smiley

And with a huge increase of salary smiling smiley Need to cover the expenses of following the Stones around somehow without mortgaging the house, wife, and pet chihuahua. smileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 25, 2019 19:04

Xam
Rockman
Hey Xam …. check out the
Thanks Rockeeee, that was a good listen!

Darryl is cool dude, anyone who can hang with these guys for this long (no small feat) is obviously doing it right. I am happy for him!
And it is nice to see him get his solo spotlight on miff you, it makes me less vocal about dumping that song.

And that part at the end where he was talking Mick and his heart surgery... it brought back how sad that news mad me. I didn't talk/convey to anyone how I felt... cuz no one cares... but I will say it makes me feel more delighted (than it did sad) when he came out shining so bright afterwards. He looked great! The tour was back on! Mick seems better than ever!!! There are no words to properly describe how great that is.

Aint no palm trees or busted heart valves gonna hold these guys down!!

STONES!!!

Wait a minute. You use a myth and a fact - which one is it? Better go with open heart surgery.

Date: June 25, 2019 22:51

It doesn't matter, because NEITHER MYTHS NOR FACTS (nor divorce, slander, rip-offs, sex, drugs or whines) CAN STOP THE ROLLING STONES!

STONES!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home