Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is Atlantic City ‘89 next?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 26, 2019 19:30

I can't believe there is any excitement for this thing, we have it in perfect quality allready (not the overloaded TSP release, you guys live in the past.....VGP gave us a better version) , and besides; it's just another "big business tour" , I get no thrill of things like this. Give us Milwaukee 1975 or Bristol 1971 and I'll shell out, nomatter the price

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: June 26, 2019 19:43

thats how I first discovered the Stones, by watching over and over the VHS of this concert.

I think that one of the main problem is the rights of all guests, Clapton, JL Hooker and Guns and Roses.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 26, 2019 19:58

Me too, it's a must have

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 26, 2019 20:07

TumblinDice76
Am I the only one who scans over the DVD once and then never watches it again? I could definitely go for CDs only like they eventually did for L&G, Texas, and Checkerboard Lounge.

Nope, same for me, some i have never watched, but i rip them to audio for the car rides.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 26, 2019 20:29

djgab
I think that one of the main problem is the rights of all guests, Clapton, JL Hooker and Guns and Roses.

Yes.
On the other hand, HONK LIVE is loaded with guests and they still came to some agreement.

Must be Axel.angry smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 26, 2019 21:15

LeonidP
TumblinDice76
Am I the only one who scans over the DVD once and then never watches it again? I could definitely go for CDs only like they eventually did for L&G, Texas, and Checkerboard Lounge.

Nope, same for me, some i have never watched, but i rip them to audio for the car rides.

I tried watching the DVD in the car.
But I found it difficult because every time that I took a swig, the bottle and my arm would block the view of the movie...

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 26, 2019 21:52

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 23:17 by philrock90.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 26, 2019 22:45

djgab

I guess every Stones guest signs a pre-show contract where they basically give away any rights they might have about their performance. Said differently nothing should prevent Mick from releasing this wonderful show!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 27, 2019 00:44

I have the TV Broadcast of the 1990 Urban Jungle Tour. Too bad I don't even have a VCR hooked up anymore. I watched Atlantic City '89 on YouTube a couple weeks ago. Would love to have it in as high quality as possible. Urban Jungle wouldn't be bad either.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: June 27, 2019 16:52

dcba

I guess every Stones guest signs a pre-show contract where they basically give away any rights they might have about their performance. Said differently nothing should prevent Mick from releasing this wonderful show!

year ago (2001 ?) I was at a Stones event at La Cité de La Musique in Paris. Bill Wyman gave a very nice talk and Stones concerts were shown at the theatre, like Lady and Gentlemen, Let's Spend the Night Together ... they were not widely available at that time winking smiley
Atlantic City was scheduled and cancelled at the last minute due to guest rights ... I am not an expert winking smiley Maybe Axel ?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 27, 2019 17:16

LeonidP
TumblinDice76

Same, I’ve never watched some of the DVDs and the ones I have mostly once. Prefer to just listen.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 22:58

LeonidP
Agree! I actually still have my VCR tape of this w/ the original 3D glasses (if i recall, you had to get the glasses from a vendor, possibly a 7-11 store).

Also I remember that the 3D show was a shortened version, possibly cut down to 90 minutes, but I would have to pull out the tape to be certain.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 23:07

Unless its a from the vault release maybe not ss it seems they do one normal release and then one from the vault label release

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 28, 2019 01:08

Massimo68
LeonidP
Agree! I actually still have my VCR tape of this w/ the original 3D glasses (if i recall, you had to get the glasses from a vendor, possibly a 7-11 store).

Also I remember that the 3D show was a shortened version, possibly cut down to 90 minutes, but I would have to pull out the tape to be certain.

Nice collection! I still have my 3-D glasses.

I’d love to have the 3-D segments on DVD.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 28, 2019 03:06

Why do we need this if we have already Tokyo Dome and Live at the max? Especially Tokyo Dome is a great concert and I actually like that there are no guest on it

Date: June 28, 2019 04:44

schillid
LeonidP
TumblinDice76

I tried watching the DVD in the car.
But I found it difficult because every time that I took a swig, the bottle and my arm would block the view of the movie...
Ha, that sucks, i know what you mean, same thing happened to me.

Date: June 28, 2019 04:47

Massimo68
LeonidP

That is awesome! I have just a single pair of glasses, and mine remain virtually pristine as well (i kept them in a record album sleeve) -- but somehow I missed out on the slurpee cups! (i do have a collection of 7-11 baseball 3-D coins, such as Doc Gooden, Don Mattingly, etc).

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home