Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is Atlantic City ‘89 next?
Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 06:28

It will be the 30th anniversary of the legendary
PPV and bootleg, makes sense it should be the next
From The Vault release, end of November, Early December

Re: Is Atlantic City ‘89 next?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 24, 2019 07:09

That would be awesome.... fantastic.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 24, 2019 07:13

LIGHT THE FUSE! already!

Date: June 24, 2019 07:25

Glam Descendant
LIGHT THE FUSE! already!

Why on Earth would they name something from 2005 (of all tours, the very first gig when they didn't even know Rough Justice!) such a name when they already had FLASHPOINT out?

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: June 24, 2019 07:42

If it's ever going to be officially released it has to be this year. I'm so keen for this and have been since 89

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 24, 2019 08:25

Would be great if they add the 3D footage and glasses in the set.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 24, 2019 09:16

…..and some x-ray specs ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 24, 2019 09:54

GasLightStreet
That would be awesome.... fantastic.

would be pointless since everbody got the Swinging Pig release in great quality

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 24, 2019 10:25

TSP version is good but if the multi tracks exist I'm sure they could make it sound better. Now it sounds like an overloaded radio broadcast. Plus they could improve the video quality at least a little I believe. No bust on TSP they still remain my favorite label and that was a record selling bootleg if I recall. Didn't it sell about 750,000 copies?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 24, 2019 14:43

It would be great to have AC '89 in great audio and video quality with the 3-D set thrown in.

The VH1 re-broadcast was far superior than the original pay-per-view with the remixing by Bob Clearmountain.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 15:46

exilestones
It would be great to have AC '89 in great audio and video quality with the 3-D set thrown in.

The VH1 re-broadcast was far superior than the original pay-per-view with the remixing by Bob Clearmountain.

Is this avalible via boots?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 24, 2019 16:33

That would be terrifying

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 24, 2019 16:35

I think someone on this board once said that the re-broadcast was never bootlegged.sad smiley

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: June 25, 2019 04:53

Barcelona 1990 was also an official TV broadcast and might be the next Vault release.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 25, 2019 04:54

Both .... Would be graet!!!!

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: June 25, 2019 05:00

Would love to see a visual document of the Urban Jungle Tour.
I'm still really hoping for Paris '76 though.

Date: June 25, 2019 05:08

To have this version of Start Me Up (properly mastered) would be excellent:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 25, 2019 16:12

Those live catalog releases started off promising. I still wish we could get material that is truly unheard of.
Something from 1970...in real quality.
And El Mocambo of course.
And 1978 tour.

Atlantic City, and almost everything after the SW tour is out there in such great quality that me personally I don't need another version.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: June 25, 2019 16:33

I always loves their performance on this gig...best Sympathy, Shelter, Dice, Miss You, Bitch,IORR, JJF, Satis, Rambler, HTW of the tour

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 25, 2019 16:46

Palace Revolution 2000
Those live catalog releases started off promising. I still wish we could get material that is truly unheard of.
And 1978 tour.

Atlantic City, and almost everything after the SW tour is out there in such great quality that me personally I don't need another version.

1978 tour was represented with "Some Girls - Live In Texas", released in 2011

Date: June 25, 2019 16:54

longlongwinter
I always loves their performance on this gig...best Sympathy, Shelter, Dice, Miss You, Bitch,IORR, JJF, Satis, Rambler, HTW of the tour

And SMU, imo.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 25, 2019 17:34

Palace Revolution 2000
And 1978 tour.

Fully agree with you: me too can't understand why these releases are focusing so much on their more recent tours.

What's the point with all the footage that already is circulating some way or the other on YouTube etc?

Could it be that Ladies and Gentlemen, LA75 and Texas didn't sell so well after all?

I know so many self proclaimed "die hard fans" who have complained for a lifetime because the vaults remained sealed, but once stuff from the vaults started to become officially available, they didn't even bother to buy it "because we already have the boots"!

As far as the Mocambo is concerned, based on what we hear on the boots, could it be that the performance was too rough to be released as is?

C

Date: June 25, 2019 18:04

liddas
Palace Revolution 2000
And 1978 tour.

Fully agree with you: me too can't understand why these releases are focusing so much on their more recent tours.

What's the point with all the footage that already is circulating some way or the other on YouTube etc?

Could it be that Ladies and Gentlemen, LA75 and Texas didn't sell so well after all?

I know so many self proclaimed "die hard fans" who have complained for a lifetime because the vaults remained sealed, but once stuff from the vaults started to become officially available, they didn't even bother to buy it "because we already have the boots"!

As far as the Mocambo is concerned, based on what we hear on the boots, could it be that the performance was too rough to be released as is?

C

You mean because of the amount of overdubs on the Mocambo tracks yet alone the rest of LOVE YOU LIVE? Nahhhhh. Not these days.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 26, 2019 12:36

philrock90
exilestones

Is this avalible via boots?

Is the VH1 re-broadcast available on boot? No. It's much better than what we have from the ppv.

Date: June 26, 2019 16:55

Very strange that the re-broadcast was never bootlegged... Some people are sitting on their tapes probably. I dont know of any radio/TV-broadcast that hasnt been bootlegged rather sooner than later. It´s a mystery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 18:00 by HMS.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 26, 2019 17:15

Young and powerful Stones...

GasLightStreet
To have this version of Start Me Up (properly mastered) would be excellent:

[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 26, 2019 17:46

exilestones

Agree! I actually still have my VCR tape of this w/ the original 3D glasses (if i recall, you had to get the glasses from a vendor, possibly a 7-11 store).

Also I remember that the 3D show was a shortened version, possibly cut down to 90 minutes, but I would have to pull out the tape to be certain.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 17:48 by LeonidP.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: June 26, 2019 18:16

liddas
Palace Revolution 2000
And 1978 tour.

C

There doesn’t seem to be that much pre-1981 material properly curated. If the band (and record company) releases it all now, where does that leave them in 5-10 years?

What they’re doing makes some sense to me from a business perspective. A lot of pre-1981 material was released in the beginning. The last couple of years have been 1994-1999 material. It looks like we may get another show from 1989.

At some point, they’ll get back to releasing pre-1981 material. I think the band and record company know that’s what people really want.

-Cam

Date: June 26, 2019 18:24

if they stick to the idea of releasing CD/DVD/BR-combinations it becomes very difficult with anything prior to 1981. Either there is no footage or it is of (very) low qualtiy.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 26, 2019 19:04

Am I the only one who scans over the DVD once and then never watches it again? I could definitely go for CDs only like they eventually did for L&G, Texas, and Checkerboard Lounge.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home