Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: OT: Women's Football / Soccer World Cup.
Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: July 7, 2019 20:55

Can we talk about Alex Morgan?
Uh OK i leave ...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 7, 2019 21:09

Congratulations to the US on their well deserved win. However, I do hope the others up their game and offer them stiffer competition next time because sporting competitions dominated by one country or club quickly become very boring.

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: July 7, 2019 21:10

Really enjoying watching the Women's World Cup this year, the teams are playing very entertainment football!

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 7, 2019 21:18

Congratulations to the Dutch for getting to the final in only their 2nd World Cup. The women's European game is clearly on the rise.

This U.S. team is great, and will continue to be very good, but the rest of the world is coming.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 7, 2019 21:41

marclaff
Can we talk about Alex Morgan?
Uh OK i leave ...

Of course you can talk about her. About her football skills and performances in the games. She just won a gold medal.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-07 22:01 by bv.

Date: July 7, 2019 22:01

Google just changed their search image locally by IP address here in USA to the following image:

Bjornulf

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: July 7, 2019 22:39

bv
Google just changed their search image locally by IP address here in USA to the following image:

And in the Netherlands:

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 7, 2019 23:07

I didn't watch the game this afternoon, but was in a pub watching some mates playing their monthly Sunday gig there...………...which was very good.
Had the match on one of the TV's at the other end of the pub and was just watching the score in the second half .
Will read a writeup on BBC Sport soon this evening and I did hear on the news that USA deserved to win.
Well done to them ,and well done to The Netherlands in getting to the Final in only their second World Cup. smileys with beer

Date: July 7, 2019 23:20

Maybe I'm spoiled by watching men's Champions League, but apart from the Dutch keeper the Dutch teams level is next to nothing. A good pass is more matter of luck than skill. But they are having fun, kick the ball, no matter what direction. The American team is ok, you can compare it to the Dutch Jupiler league at best. No pun intended.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 7, 2019 23:26

Congrats to the World Champions!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 8, 2019 02:42

Stoneage
I guess very few have actually watched any games. Anyway, congrats to USA. By far the best allround team in women's football.
Now and then. And probably for still a good deal of time. The penalty was questionable though. And I think Alex Morgan reinforced the situation also. But VAR decided. 2-0 was a beauty.
The right winner in the end.

Some short points about the tournament as a whole:

- The weather. Temperatures close to 40 C daytime and 30 C nighttime. Too hot. It's even dangerous with sports at those temperatures. Seem like continental Europe has too warm summers nowadays.
Something that should be taken into consideration.

- The arrangement. I mostly hear complaints from journalist. Too many empty seats in many games is one. They have done well with security though. Everything is high risk these days I'm afraid.

- Quality of the referees. Some are really good but to many are bad. It has to do with FIFA politics (a quota system). European referees are good though.

- FIFA. FIFA boss Infantino was booed at during the ceremonies. Rightfully so. What a clown. He proposed to expand the tournament from 24 to 32 teams. That in a situation where there are teams like Thailand and Jamaica with 0 points and a goal difference with -19 and -11 after 3 games...

- The money. I agree that women national teams should be treated better and payed more .

- Quality of football. In my mind the best Women's World Cup ever. Which is a good sign of course...

- FIFA. FIFA boss Infantino was booed at during the ceremonies. Rightfully so. What a clown. He proposed to expand the tournament from 24 to 32 teams. That in a situation where there are teams like Thailand and Jamaica with 0 points and a goal difference with -19 and -11 after 3 games...

If you have 32 teams you make a lot of more money than with 24 teams....one thing he is good in that;s calculation.......

Money destroys sports

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 06:56 by bv.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: July 8, 2019 02:45

TheflyingDutchman
Maybe I'm spoiled by watching men's Champions League, but apart from the Dutch keeper the Dutch teams level is next to nothing. A good pass is more matter of luck than skill. But they are having fun, kick the ball, no matter what direction. The American team is ok, you can compare it to the Dutch Jupiler league at best. No pun intended.

Why compare?Do you compare male boxers to female boxers?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 8, 2019 04:38

This American Ladies team just might compete for a spot in the Premier League, and they wouldn't be relegated.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 8, 2019 05:06

The U.S. Womens World Cup team shows how great the U.S. Mens team could be if the best athletes in the U.S. played this sport instead of going to the NBA, NFL and MLB. I can only imagine what would be if men like Lebron James, Mike Trout, Drew Brees, Odell Beckham and other talented U.S. athletes had focused on World Cup as these U.S. women did with with their natural ability trained to the sport.

But of course they would not be nearly as wealthy as they are playing in the NBA NFL and MLB... it is what it is.

We will see what happens in the next mens World Cup. I hope we can at least qualify.

But none of that matters today.

Today the U.S. women World Cup proved how great they are earning back to back World Cup titles. That is Very very impressive.

PS
I do wonder what will happen as time goes along and we learn more and more about skull concussions and their effects on long term health.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 9, 2019 01:24

It's all about money.
When I was a kid we had great live sport (which was cheap to go to),or on TV which was also freeview here in U.K. for all sport shown on TV.
The world has changed ,and women's football,rugby,cricket,golf,athletics,winter sports and many other sports have gone leaps and bounds since the 1950's-60's. thumbs up
Lots of Sport back then was classed as amateur or else paying small ,or just average wages.
Now, these top sports people can earn plenty of money ,millions or even hundreds of millions of $/£/Euros in their career...……... and good luck to them.
The world has changed with technology since the old days, but most of us seem to have adjusted to it.
Big money earners in sport, finance, politics music, media etc. have done very well, so some of us who are still working or else getting a pension ……….hopefully are also having a good life. smileys with beer

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 9, 2019 03:15

crawdaddy
It's all about money.
When I was a kid we had great live sport (which was cheap to go to),or on TV which was also freeview here in U.K. for all sport shown on TV.
The world has changed ,and women's football,rugby,cricket,golf,athletics,winter sports and many other sports have gone leaps and bounds since the 1950's-60's. thumbs up
Lots of Sport back then was classed as amateur or else paying small ,or just average wages.
Now, these top sports people can earn plenty of money ,millions or even hundreds of millions of $/£/Euros in their career...……... and good luck to them.
The world has changed with technology since the old days, but most of us seem to have adjusted to it.
Big money earners in sport, finance, politics music, media etc. have done very well, so some of us who are still working or else getting a pension ……….hopefully are also having a good life. smileys with beer

thumbs up

I'm still figure out what my pension will be next year if I retire (and I'm 65 already)...........paid for 40 years and every year they lowered it because of the bad income and the zero interest they make ..I have to go till 66.4 years.............but I'm still happy* confused smiley with my old stones records grinning smiley

Date: July 9, 2019 05:30

This seems to be the thread where I will see a few trolls on IORR making their appearances. But watch out, there will shine a light upon you, and then, we all know what happens to trolls. Feel free to edit you post if you realize you did not think before posting. Sunrise is just a few hours away.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 9, 2019 07:13

Even trolls love rock and roll smoking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1251
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home