Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16
The Brian Jones Resource - A companion to musician Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 22, 2019 17:27

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:33 by His Majesty.

Re: The Brian Jones Resource - An audio, visual and written resource focusing on Brian Jones.
Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: June 22, 2019 18:23

thumbs upgrinning smiley

Re: The Brian Jones Resource - An audio, visual and written resource focusing on Brian Jones.
Posted by: Milan ()
Date: June 22, 2019 20:03

Subscribed.

Date: June 24, 2019 18:08

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:33 by His Majesty.

Date: June 24, 2019 19:01

That was the opening sequence?? Wow. It doesn't sound like it matches the film. But IMO it shows Brian as a very adept writer. A pity. He would have done amazing work.

edit - I mean, he did do amazing work, but he would have shown the world a lot more. as his own man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-24 19:02 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: June 24, 2019 19:14

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:33 by His Majesty.

Date: June 26, 2019 13:03

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:34 by His Majesty.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: June 26, 2019 13:58

His Majesty

No drama, no hyperbole, just highlighting and looking at what he played, what he said and what he was interested in.

smileys with beer

Yes! Looking forward to this.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 27, 2019 00:47

No phoney baloney, overheated murder conspiracies? Good. Maybe I'll look into it.

smiling smileythumbs upRe: The Brian Jones Resource - An audio, visual and written resource focusing on Brian Jones.
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 27, 2019 03:02

Great f*ckn stuff, HM! Love your posts. Your breakdown of the Brian/Circus fraud has ruined my childhood. Thanks.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 28, 2019 19:24

Great to see the Courtfield Road footage. Anyone know who shot it?
Was it purely private footage or for a longer Stones documentary?
The scenes reminded me of the footage in the film Stoned'.
Is Charlie in the film? I saw Bill...with some ladies of course. Mick and Keith and Stash. Michael Cooper possibly. Any others?

Date: July 7, 2019 14:24

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:34 by His Majesty.

Date: July 7, 2019 14:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:34 by His Majesty.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 7, 2019 14:39

His Majesty
Can someone with the 40 licks CD, perhaps the deluxe? version look in the booklet please?

Does the author of the accompanying text say who played what or is such information actually listed along with the song titles and writing credits?

smileys with beer

You mean Stones songs in general? Are you familiar with Keno's overview of songs done by the Stones? He doesn't claim to be perfect, but it can be some help.

Date: July 7, 2019 15:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:35 by His Majesty.

Date: July 9, 2019 13:38

Hey Philip,
I just could not locate your email address in my contacts; had to switch a while back and lost a bunch. Didn't want to start a new OT thread for something completely out of left filed either.
But I wonder if you have this answer. What is that freakin instrument in "Good Vibrations" that gives the song it's movement and throb? I don't know if you could call the pattern triplets; but it's in the lower register.
I was watching that footage of them in studio. Hal Blaine on drums. Who is that on organ and uprite bass? did not realize there were two basses on it.

Date: July 9, 2019 14:07

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:35 by His Majesty.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: July 9, 2019 14:53

Palace Revolution 2000
Hey Philip,
I just could not locate your email address in my contacts; had to switch a while back and lost a bunch. Didn't want to start a new OT thread for something completely out of left filed either.
But I wonder if you have this answer. What is that freakin instrument in "Good Vibrations" that gives the song it's movement and throb? I don't know if you could call the pattern triplets; but it's in the lower register.
I was watching that footage of them in studio. Hal Blaine on drums. Who is that on organ and uprite bass? did not realize there were two basses on it.

Recorded at Gold Star on 2/18/66 - take 28 is master and the engineer was Cal Harris

Drums - Hal Blaine
Percussion - Frank Capp
Fender Bass - Ray Pohlman
String Bass - Lyle Ritz
Guitars - Al Casey, Billy Strange
Piano - Don Randi
Organ - Larry Knechtel
Sax - Steve Douglas, Bill Green, Plas Johnson, Ray Migliori
Theremin - Paul Tanner

Note: It actually was not a Theremin being played but something simpler that Paul Tanner and inventor Bob Whitsell made. An instrument that made sounds similar to Leon Theremin's creation, but made it a lot simpler for non-experts to hit specific notes and control the volume.

Date: July 9, 2019 15:03

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:37 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 9, 2019 15:39

Gret, great stuff, His Majesty!thumbs up

- Doxa

Date: July 9, 2019 17:00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:37 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 9, 2019 17:08

Good information about Brian from a source with balanced views would be great.

The problem with most BJ focussed resources is that they follow the "Brian was lovely and the rest of the Stones were horrible" template.

Date: July 9, 2019 17:16

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:37 by His Majesty.

Date: August 30, 2019 13:43

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:38 by His Majesty.

Date: March 2, 2021 17:30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:38 by His Majesty.

Date: March 2, 2021 20:55

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:38 by His Majesty.

Date: March 3, 2021 11:21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:39 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 3, 2021 11:44

His Majesty
The Rolling Stones - If You Let Me - featuring Brian Jones playing autoharp.

Recorded at RCA Studios in August 1966.

Line up:
Brian Jones - autoharp
Mick Jagger - vocals
Keith Richards - acoustic guitar
Bill Wyman - bass guitar
Charlie Watts - drums
Unverified (probably Jack Nitzsche) - electric piano

I've always really liked this one. I'm unsure why they thought it not ready for Aftermath. It's preferable to a few of that LP's lesser-tracks.

*I've just re-read the thread: it's a Between the Buttons, outtake. I prefer Between the Buttons to Aftermath. I'm not sure what they could've omitted.

Posted by: Christian ()
Date: March 3, 2021 19:49

Re: The Brian Jones Resource - An audio, visual and written resource focusing on musician Brian Jones.
Date: March 3, 2021 19:55

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 04:40 by His Majesty.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home