Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones In 3D
Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 22, 2019 02:22

I'm watching At The Max right now and just remembered something I hadn't thought of in ten years at least. Does anyone remember the 3D broadcast of 3 songs during the Steel Wheels Era? I think it was Paint It Black, 2000 Light Years From Home, and the third I can't remember.

Anyone have memories of this broadcast?

-

Keep rolling, Stones!

Re: Rolling Stones In 3D
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 22, 2019 03:07

I think it was It's Only Rock & Roll

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 22, 2019 03:10

jahisnotdead
I'm watching At The Max right now and just remembered something I hadn't thought of in ten years at least. Does anyone remember the 3D broadcast of 3 songs during the Steel Wheels Era? I think it was Paint It Black, 2000 Light Years From Home, and the third I can't remember.

Anyone have memories of this broadcast?

-

Keep rolling, Stones!

I remember this broadcast, and at the time I had recorded in on VHS. Not sure if I still have that tape, so I’ll have to search my storage tubs. Trying to recall what that third song was.....

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 22, 2019 03:14

sweet neo con

You may be right, sweet neo con.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 22, 2019 03:25

sweet neo con

Yes - from [NZentgraf.de] - (1990):

"900216C 16th February: Tokyo, Japan, Tokyo Dome. Film-shootings.

- Paint It Black (MJ/KR)

- 2000 Light Years From Home (MJ/KR)

- It’s Only Rock’n Roll (MJ/KR)

Note: Shooting of 3-D segments for the upcoming Fox re-broadcast of the Atlantic City-special on the 30th May."

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: June 22, 2019 03:28

I taped it in Beta Hi-Fi. I still have the tape packed away in deep storage. I haven't thought about that broadcast in many years. IIRC, the only 3-D that I thought was effective was CG playing card animation.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: June 22, 2019 03:32

I do. The TLFH was kind of trippy. Or was that me.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: June 22, 2019 09:18

5stringTele
I taped it in Beta Hi-Fi. I still have the tape packed away in deep storage. I haven't thought about that broadcast in many years. IIRC, the only 3-D that I thought was effective was CG playing card animation.

Beta Hi-Fi now that's a tape i would have loved to seen.

I'm able to hit "Simulated 3D" on my TV and yes to another ?, 2000 Light Years is kinda trippy

I'm Jonesing for "Atlantic City '89" and have been ever since I acquired the data for the RSVP DVD around 2005. I've burned more copies of that DVD than any other for Family and Friends.

Considering my Niece is named "Ruby Tuesday" I desperately want to give her the SD/Blu-Ray and CD combo for a Xmas pressie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-22 09:20 by SKILLS.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 22, 2019 15:34

I still have some pairs of the 3d glasses they gave away at 7/11 I think it was. 30 years ago...wow.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 04:15

treaclefingers
I still have some pairs of the 3d glasses they gave away at 7/11 I think it was. 30 years ago...wow.

Yup, I remember getting them. The concert was shown on MuchMusic here in Canada. I have the VHS tape somewhere!

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 23, 2019 19:58

I once bought a bootleg dvd of Atlantic City incl. as a bonus those three 3-D songs and you also got 3-D glasses with it, but the 3-D didn't realy work. It was the one with Jagger in a green leather jacket on the front.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 23, 2019 20:06

As a coincidence I recently got a notice that my 25 minute 3D Video from Hyde Park 2013 had been reinstated on YouTube after being pulled pretty quickly after I'd uploaded it !

[www.youtube.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home