Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22
Re: The Rolling Stones - Chicago 21-June-2019
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 24, 2019 15:38

z
z

Is that a Collings Keith is playing here?

A Collings indeed. I think it's the same guitar Mick Taylor used to wear for Satisfaction in '14.

[www.instagram.com]

The one that they kept forgetting to switch on winking smiley

Re: Chicago #1 show 21-June-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: June 24, 2019 15:47

Promoman2
Sorry for not being able to post earlier. I just got home.

1 Street Fighting Man: [youtu.be]
4 Sad Sad Sad: [youtu.be]
5 You Got Me Rocking: [youtu.be]
11 You Got The Silver: [youtu.be]
12 Before They Make Me Run: [youtu.be]
15 Midnight Rambler: [youtu.be]

Unfortunately Keith didn't move from his spot near Charlie much. Most of the time he is obscured by the big fan (That fan gave me the V-blues).

Thanks for the clips , had to laugh when Keith did the solo in YGMR and Ronnie sort of made it look like he was playing it, Ronnie did a lot of nose rubbing throughout this show, no wonder he was flying smoking smiley

Re: Chicago #1 show 21-June-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 24, 2019 16:00

Promoman2

Unfortunately Keith didn't move from his spot near Charlie much. Most of the time he is obscured by the big fan (That fan gave me the V-blues).
As always the best Stones concert videos on youtube - by a mile. Thanks a lot Fred!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 24, 2019 16:04

Thanks Promoman, very good close range phone videos there!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 24, 2019 16:05

Palace Revolution 2000
GasLightStreet
jumpingjackflash5
Yes, this is awesome.

[youtu.be]

I even started to appreciate Sad Sad Sad more after hearing this version :-)

Does Keith know that song?

Thought Keith did well. He waits for the second verse to even come in.
? He started playing in the first verse.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: June 24, 2019 17:02

deardoctor
Did anybody mentioned, that they did not play iorr? A good decision

WOW, hadnt considered that. Ive been hoping for that deletiom for years...too long too predictable, etc...

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 24, 2019 17:12

Unfortunately I’m sure it will return. I hope they add a little adventure. During Bang they did Back of my hand and OOC early on and Infammy but they were all dropped by like 5 shows in for most part and they returned to the HOT ROCKS business as usual. I hope they keep it fresh

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 24, 2019 17:18

snorton
deardoctor

WOW, hadnt considered that. Ive been hoping for that deletiom for years...too long too predictable, etc...

Same goes for boring Miss you.
Jeroen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 24, 2019 19:15

Promoman2

Excellent, thanks ! Still rocking the Sony HX90V ? Got the same one but my videos often turn out over exposed, are you in manual ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: June 24, 2019 19:42

DandelionPowderman
Just to be clear: This is a Rolling Stones fan board, right? winking smiley

Indeed. And, much like the band it was formed to celebrate, IORR may very well become the last board standing!

I'm just always fascinated by the evolution of how this:

"I really like #Something A# because of qualities [x] [y] [z]

becomes this:

"Because of qualities [x] [y] [z], #Something A# is much better than #Something B# #Something C# and, especially, #Something D#."

Date: June 24, 2019 21:05

Bashlets
Unfortunately I’m sure it will return. I hope they add a little adventure. During Bang they did Back of my hand and OOC early on and Infammy but they were all dropped by like 5 shows in for most part and they returned to the HOT ROCKS business as usual. I hope they keep it fresh

Yes but have you seen how Mick treats a new song with body language, all awkward like this is the vote song, and do we member how this starts Chuck, Mick likes it easy, he's done the choreography to certain songs , he's not liking risks like Ronnie and Keith take, new songs are just a show of " look we are doing something different," Keith is so bored with Satisfaction he barely wants to play it past the intro.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 24, 2019 21:48

Promoman2

Just watched these....thank you very much.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: June 24, 2019 22:05

Keith likes to take risks?No he can,t take any risks anymore.He is not able to play some of the songs
keithsman
Bashlets

Yes but have you seen how Mick treats a new song with body language, all awkward like this is the vote song, and do we member how this starts Chuck, Mick likes it easy, he's done the choreography to certain songs , he's not liking risks like Ronnie and Keith take, new songs are just a show of " look we are doing something different," Keith is so bored with Satisfaction he barely wants to play it past the intro.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 24, 2019 22:10

In retrospect, all is right with the world.
It was a blur of a road trip, in, show, out... gone... back home.
But the songs stay, they view in my mind stays, they good mood stays. It is awesome and it is why I have loved this band for so many years. In a world where most people and things have eventually let me down... This band has never let me down, they are solid as rock! Mick Jagger is a force of nature.

I almost skipped this show, knowing opening night is not the best night of the tour, but I decided that if Mick can make it after serious surgey, SO CAN I!!! And I did and I am so happy I did. I would kicking my self so hard if I had skipped it.

Sad Sad Sad continues to play in my head on constant repeat, most of the words now changed to whatever my brain thinks they should be (I never knew any of the words except the 3 main ones anyway)... It ALL gives me an extra JJF to my walk.

I plan on seeing 3-4 shows on this short tour... 2 drives and one-two flights... and right now... just like when I step off of a roller coaster all I wanna do is GO AGAIN!!! I am good not being there right now, the scopes will work until the next time, but one thing is for sure, I am highly motivated to go again... and again. Just like always, seeing the start, middle and later shows... happy knowing this band never lets me down. From putting on a great show to making sure tickets are available when I walk up (even if they are expensive, they have always made sure to hold back and drop more tickets to ease the demand as show time approaches). I am delighted. I am Happy as can be!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-24 22:15 by Xam.

Date: June 24, 2019 22:13

-dbl post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-24 22:13 by Xam.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 24, 2019 22:29

Xam
-dbl post

No worries...
your post deserves multiple repeats grinning smiley

Date: June 24, 2019 22:44

Kurt
Xam
-dbl post

No worries...
your post deserves multiple repeats grinning smiley
smileys with beer

GLAD GLAD GLAD...
AND I AM GOING TO FIYIYIYIYIIIIINE! AWWWLL THE TIYIYIYIYIIIIME!

That song in my head... Man is it a rocker!!! and it never ends!
One the few times in my life I am delighted to have a song stuck in my head.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 23:29

gotdablouse
Promoman2

Excellent, thanks ! Still rocking the Sony HX90V ? Got the same one but my videos often turn out over exposed, are you in manual ?

Yep same camera. I'm no expert, Usually I choose one of the automatic settings (green or gold) for filming and for photos I choose S to define the shutter-time (because Mick never stands still).

You can try lowering the exposure or lower the iso value.

As for Audio, there are two recording volume settings. Try it out, it makes a huge difference. many of my early vids are distorted due to my ignorance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-24 23:31 by Promoman2.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 25, 2019 00:20

Thanks, for pictures I go for manual as I've found that Gold or even Green overexpose a lot, haven't really tried S, will do the next time. I found that SCN "handheld night shot" didn't overexpose quite as much.

For videos it's a bit different but it's still easy to be overexposing in Gold.

And yes, audio has to be on the "low" but even then it's pretty poor far from what you'd get with a Panasonic TZ-7/100/200 but I find the HX90V so convenient overall...What I do now is dub my full audio recording done with the great Nokia 808 smartphone...if I can be bothered ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 25, 2019 08:20

thanks for the videos Promoman2

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 09:48

Thanks for the excellent videos proomoman2. I’ve watched a couple already and will watch the rest later.

I walked through my front door here in this quiet wee village in the corner of Oxfordshire, U.K. just after 3pm BST yesterday exhausted but very happy after my wackiest ever trip to a Stones show at the 38th time. Can’t quite believe I was there at the tour opener and so glad I was. I’ve slept round the clock on and off as I recuperate from my 40 hour, Greyhound and Plane trip home. I’ll certainly be working from home today! There’s nothing to beat the buzz of excitement around a Stones show and, with something to prove after Mick’s heart op, they proved it. Not for a very long tine have they hit the ground running with such a strong performance in a tour opener. For everyone going tonight, you’re in for a great show.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 25, 2019 11:24

runrudolph
snorton
deardoctor

Jeroen

Boring Miss You is a crowd-pleaser that Mick enjoys singing. I don't think we are going to lose it any time soon.

Date: June 25, 2019 11:55

Green Lady
runrudolph
snorton
deardoctor

Jeroen

Boring Miss You is a crowd-pleaser that Mick enjoys singing. I don't think we are going to lose it any time soon.

Audiences have had their fair share of Miss You though, time for a couple of great tunes to replace it that the Audience will love just as much. It's not like The Stones are in short supply of material.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 25, 2019 13:01

I gotta say the whole band is on fire again! Just compared Before They Make Me Run in Warzaw (brilliant show) with the latest one, interesting stuff... I love it when Keith runs a new lick here and there, as well as skippin the chorus chords and then playing them another time. I wonder if we never gonna see Sympathy again as the tour opener? I find it hard to see them doing it this tour 'cause of the open stadiums....(?)

Date: June 25, 2019 14:48

Bashlets

"Infamy" lasted for more than the first 2 months of the tour.

"Back of My Hand" 11 out of the first 13.

But,yes,things usually get worse as these tours get past the first handful of shows.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 25, 2019 15:20

Great videos, indeed. Thanks!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 25, 2019 15:23

Chicago #1 is officially in the rear view mirror for me.
Almost time to head west again for #2...

Feeling dizzy spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 16:27

I like how Mick makes contact with his boys at around 3:16 (Ronnie) and around 3:28 (Keith). smiling smiley Those are the little things you see when you’re close up~the band interaction and support for one another.

[youtu.be] Opening night. Opening song.

Have a good show tonight, guys! Another “walk in the park”.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: June 25, 2019 16:29

Have a blast for Chicago #2, guys !!
See you in Landover and Foxborough !!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 25, 2019 16:35

Straycat13
I like how Mick makes contact with his boys at around 3:16 (Ronnie) and around 3:28 (Keith). smiling smiley Those are the little things you see when you’re close up~the band interaction and support for one another.

[youtu.be] Opening night. Opening song.

Have a good show tonight, guys! Another “walk in the park”.

Love seeing the interaction between them.

Was behind Charlie the other night and watching Mick gesturing to him a few times is a site you can only catch when they do the b stage.. was able to be experience that only one other time when they did the b stage in Vegas. Love that vantage point..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home