Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 20 of 22
Re: Chicago #1 show 21-June-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 23, 2019 23:52

the Stones were and still are a better band than the Beatles - A simple fact. period. smileys with beer

The Rolling Stones are the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the Galaxy.
Battle tested, time tested, still rolling, still sounding awesome... yadda yadda yadda...

Re: Chicago #1 show 21-June-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 23, 2019 23:55

fzv98d
Just added some more videos from the first night. A few more to go. Hope you like. Midnight Rambler is amazing.

video: [www.youtube.com]

The playing is solid but they're not quite locking in. Charlie does a funny expression of wth when shifting gears. Not much of a Ronnie solo even though Mick really pushed him to. Himself he does some mean harp work, that is standing out here. The audience interaction falls flat and you can tell that Mick is hyper aware of that.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 23, 2019 23:57

LazarusSmith
The fact that the Stones are still playing - while it's a marvel and unpredented in rock history - doesn't make, in and of itself, Satanic Majesties a better album than Sgt Pepper's ... it just means ... they're still playing.

Your logic is correct, but neither does it prevent the fact that Satanic Majesties IS a better album than Sgt Pepper. Much better smileys with beer

syrel

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 23, 2019 23:57

And if/when The Stones are playing live close enough to get your ass to the show you better... or... it is just dumb not too.
I have seen them 30-40 times and only 3 times in my city... which is lame... Chicago is spoiled rotten... but it is what it isangry smiley grinning smiley

When The Stones are out playing live it is a good indication that things are right with the world.

BE THERE!!!

STONES!!!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 00:02

Come on, the band was on fire.
Best show ever.
Far better than 2018 (better than 2017... better than 2016... You can keep on playing years after years.

It's usual. And laughable because there is never any criticism. But after all, it's reassuring.

And yes, longevity is the ultimate armor.smileys with beer

'
LazarusSmith
lem motlow
One of the perils of being the “ last band standing “ is your best fan site becomes the catch-all classic rock forum.
I was waiting for the “hold on a minute,don’t get carried away” crowd to start chirping when all the glowing reviews came in,not only from the media but from the fans in attendance.
When the Stones are your 3rd favorite band but you come here because it’s the only game left in town and you want to hear good things about the Stones but let’s get serious “they’re no ( Beatles,Who,Zep,AC/DC etc)and we need to temper our enthusiasm.
No we don’t -the Stones were and still are a better band than the Beatles.the Stones are a far superior group of musicians than Zep.
The former was a pop group and the latter is a creation of a session musician who stole almost every song they played.
If you somehow think bands like AC/DC and The Who are in the same league as the Stones you are operating on a level somewhere around the special needs person businesses sometimes hire to greet their patrons at the door.
I will try to treat you accordingly-hey,good to see ya,keep up the good work.
Mick Jagger is a far superior talent than Elvis Presley ever thought of being,Elvis couldn’t handle his drugs and wasn’t professional enough to stay in shape for his audience and beyond that
Elvis couldn’t write a song to save his life.

welcome to IORR,deal with it.

Just to be clear:

"a better band than the Beatles" - conjecture. no evidence for this position. not the opinion held by the vast majority of fans over the years. you can like one band better than another -- doesn't make them "better."

"a far superior group of musicians than Zep" - conjecture. no evidence for this position. you can prefer the music of one group of players to another, but there is no basis for claiming in any way that rises above personal preference that Keith and Bill and Charlie are better musicians than Page, Jones, or Bonham.

"Mick Jagger is a far superior talent than Elvis Presley" - conjecture, no evidence offered for this position, and once again flies in the face of the judgement rendered by millions of music fans the world over for the past 65 years or so.

The last band standing is simply the last band standing. There's a lot to be said for quantity, for longevity. There's also a lot to be said for quality and sheer excellence. The fact that the Stones are still playing - while it's a marvel and unpredented in rock history - doesn't make, in and of itself, Satanic Majesties a better album than Sgt Pepper's ... it just means ... they're still playing.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 24, 2019 00:04

LazarusSmith
lem motlow
One of the perils of being the “ last band standing “ is your best fan site becomes the catch-all classic rock forum.
I was waiting for the “hold on a minute,don’t get carried away” crowd to start chirping when all the glowing reviews came in,not only from the media but from the fans in attendance.
When the Stones are your 3rd favorite band but you come here because it’s the only game left in town and you want to hear good things about the Stones but let’s get serious “they’re no ( Beatles,Who,Zep,AC/DC etc)and we need to temper our enthusiasm.
No we don’t -the Stones were and still are a better band than the Beatles.the Stones are a far superior group of musicians than Zep.
The former was a pop group and the latter is a creation of a session musician who stole almost every song they played.
If you somehow think bands like AC/DC and The Who are in the same league as the Stones you are operating on a level somewhere around the special needs person businesses sometimes hire to greet their patrons at the door.
I will try to treat you accordingly-hey,good to see ya,keep up the good work.
Mick Jagger is a far superior talent than Elvis Presley ever thought of being,Elvis couldn’t handle his drugs and wasn’t professional enough to stay in shape for his audience and beyond that
Elvis couldn’t write a song to save his life.

welcome to IORR,deal with it.

Just to be clear:

"a better band than the Beatles" - conjecture. no evidence for this position. not the opinion held by the vast majority of fans over the years. you can like one band better than another -- doesn't make them "better."

"a far superior group of musicians than Zep" - conjecture. no evidence for this position. you can prefer the music of one group of players to another, but there is no basis for claiming in any way that rises above personal preference that Keith and Bill and Charlie are better musicians than Page, Jones, or Bonham.

"Mick Jagger is a far superior talent than Elvis Presley" - conjecture, no evidence offered for this position, and once again flies in the face of the judgement rendered by millions of music fans the world over for the past 65 years or so.

The last band standing is simply the last band standing. There's a lot to be said for quantity, for longevity. There's also a lot to be said for quality and sheer excellence. The fact that the Stones are still playing - while it's a marvel and unpredented in rock history - doesn't make, in and of itself, Satanic Majesties a better album than Sgt Pepper's ... it just means ... they're still playing.

Just to be clear: This is a Rolling Stones fan board, right? winking smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 24, 2019 00:08

syrel

Your logic is correct, but neither does it prevent the fact that Satanic Majesties IS a better album than Sgt Pepper. Much better smileys with beer

syrel

Logical logic. thumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 00:11

Yes DP, a true RS fan board.
No doubt.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 24, 2019 00:18

yesterday i was playing again their satanic after a long long while and I remembered all the reasons why I do prefer it to sgt pepper without a doubt, and the stones to beatles in general (though I do like them so much) and that, of course, is why I wander around here

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: June 24, 2019 00:46

No Keithsmen i never said Jagger is the Stones either.This is a band,but with two faboulos people in the front

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 24, 2019 00:47

Please DO NOT waste space here on Stones vs Beatles discussions.

Bjornulf

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 24, 2019 01:28

I think TSMR is a great album, some good nuggets on it.

It's an interesting listen for sure.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 24, 2019 01:53

harlem shuffle
No Keithsmen i never said Jagger is the Stones either.This is a band,but with two faboulos people in the front

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: June 24, 2019 02:30

fzv98d
Just added some more videos from the first night. A few more to go. Hope you like. Midnight Rambler is amazing.

video: [www.youtube.com]

What did you shoot your videos on, phone, camera, etc...?

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 24, 2019 03:11

Before They Make Me Run, Pit Keith side in front, with iPhone X

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 24, 2019 03:14

Satisfaction, Keith side in front, iPhone X lower quality,

[youtu.be]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 24, 2019 03:23

Christiaan

[youtu.be]
Wow, that iPhone X as a pretty bad camera. And it's advertised as one of the best smartphone cameras. What camera were the other videos recorded with? These have an amazing quality

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 24, 2019 03:48

syrel
LazarusSmith
The fact that the Stones are still playing - while it's a marvel and unpredented in rock history - doesn't make, in and of itself, Satanic Majesties a better album than Sgt Pepper's ... it just means ... they're still playing.

syrel

You must be HMS' brother.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: June 24, 2019 04:55

StonedRambler
Christiaan

[youtu.be]
Wow, that iPhone X as a pretty bad camera. And it's advertised as one of the best smartphone cameras. What camera were the other videos recorded with? These have an amazing quality

Agreed. My Iphone sucks video wise. Apparently the Oppo phone (big in Vietnam) is getting awesome reviews compared to the Iphone. May check one out before I head over for some shows.

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: June 24, 2019 05:08

It's a new Sony compact. Amazing camera and easy to get into shows. I will get you the model tomorrow. Heading back to Chicago for show number two.

Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: June 24, 2019 06:53

The Iphone X is a spectacular phone for concert videos!!! Christian was in a difficult spot to record.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 07:27

fzv98d
It's a new Sony compact. Amazing camera and easy to get into shows. I will get you the model tomorrow. Heading back to Chicago for show number two.

I brought a Sony RX10 II with me, killer camera. Easy to get in to shows.

Date: June 24, 2019 07:45

And here another very good solo on Before they make me run.

[youtu.be]

Keith is fine.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 09:49

Hmm, have there been any complaints about too many warhorses yet? smiling smiley

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 24, 2019 10:20

They skipped on, we're fine.

Jokes aside, I think this set is well crafted and works just fine.

It's so amazing and great that they still manage to deliver on that level.
I take a bow.

When I saw the vids from opening night I decided to live a healthier life. Not that I'm anywhere near a self-destructive lifestyle, but there are some things worth to adjust. Their healthier life has worked out dann fine for Ron and Keith.

Re: The Rolling Stones - Chicago 21-June-2019
Posted by: z ()
Date: June 24, 2019 10:37

z

Is that a Collings Keith is playing here?

A Collings indeed. I think it's the same guitar Mick Taylor used to wear for Satisfaction in '14.

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-24 10:43 by z.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 11:42

Sorry for not being able to post earlier. I just got home.

1 Street Fighting Man: [youtu.be]
4 Sad Sad Sad: [youtu.be]
5 You Got Me Rocking: [youtu.be]
11 You Got The Silver: [youtu.be]
12 Before They Make Me Run: [youtu.be]
15 Midnight Rambler: [youtu.be]

Unfortunately Keith didn't move from his spot near Charlie much. Most of the time he is obscured by the big fan (That fan gave me the V-blues).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-24 11:59 by Promoman2.

Date: June 24, 2019 13:52

GasLightStreet
jumpingjackflash5
Yes, this is awesome.

[youtu.be]

I even started to appreciate Sad Sad Sad more after hearing this version :-)

Does Keith know that song?

Thought Keith did well. He waits for the second verse to even come in. IMO that is always a real sign of a pro; when they can exhibit patience like that, as if they were in the studio, on a massive stage on opening night. And the solo will probably get wilder as tour goes on. I also try to keep in mind that the sound from a [phone or twitter will never show what is truly going down.

Date: June 24, 2019 13:53

I keep reading in reviews about the guitars; how focused Ron and Keith were. is there a boot yet?

Pretty amazing that after one or two days you can realistically expect a SB boot.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 24, 2019 15:04

Did anybody mentioned, that they did not play iorr? A good decision

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 20 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home