Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 18 of 22
Re: Chicago #1 show 21-June-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 23, 2019 07:26

June 22, 2019 - Rolling Stone Magazine

The Rolling Stones Triumph in Chicago Comeback Show
Mick Jagger – in prime hip-shaking, troubadour-trapping fight mode – dismisses all health concerns as summer tour begins

[www.rollingstone.com]

"The first night is always slightly wobbly,” Mick Jagger quipped as the Rolling Stones kicked off their 2019 No Filter tour at Chicago’s Soldier Field. But there’s “wobbly” and then there’s Stones wobbly—and stakes were high tonight. It was the Stones’ first show in nearly a year—their first since Jagger underwent surgery in April to replace a heart valve. So Mick was extra Mick tonight, as if maybe somewhere deep in that surgically reconstructed heart of stone, he felt he had something to prove. If so, he proved it. The show was a triumph for the World’s Greatest Rock & Roll Band, with Mick prancing all over the stadium in prime hip-shaking, troubadour-trapping fight mode.

The Stones needed to postpone their 17-date 2019 North American tour because of their frontman’s health issues. But barely two months after his procedure, a month shy of his 76th birthday, Mick dismissed any worries about whether he might hold back onstage. He already made headlines with his instant-classic post-op dance video, flaunting his undiminished moves in classic Mick mode: part clever sales pitch for the new tour, part narcissistic come-on. None of the Stones were holding back tonight.

The band didn’t come to waste time on frills—no special guests, not much chit-chat. They came to show off, on a chilly June night in Sweet Home Chicago, in front of a sold-out stadium full of 60,000 fans. (The house rules warned Stones fans: “No drugs, illegal substances, legal highs, nitrous oxide, psychoactive substances, etc.” Somehow, Keith Richards was allowed in the building.)

The show kicked off with “Street Fighting Man,” “Let’s Spend the Night Together” and “Tumbling Dice,” with Keith slashing away at his guitar while Mick scampered down his catwalk with evident glee. Ron Wood dashed around in Mick’s footsteps, ever the mischievous schoolboy. Even Charlie Watts couldn’t resist flashing a smile behind the drums. Mick’s moves all night had a defiant “told you so” vibe, coming back so soon after his heart surgery. You were worried whether this guy was in peak condition? Picture yourself moving like this on the best day of your damn life.

Keith and Woody just revealed their secrets of crafting the perfect Stones set list, but nobody would have guessed tonight’s weirdest pick: they busted out an excellent version of “Sad Sad Sad,” a long-forgotten Steel Wheels cut they haven’t played since 2002. Every night of the tour has a wild-card slot with a classic voted by the fans: tonight Mick announced the fans’ pick was “You Got Me Rocking,” a dubious electoral result to say the least. Even Mick had trouble making this claim with a straight face.

But the show really blew up into a Stones-worthy trip around the half-hour point, when the four core Stones gathered together on the B-stage for an acoustic set. “Angie” was an extremely welcome surprise, with Mick milking the sentimental resonance of the final question: “Ain’t it good to be aliiiiive?” “Angie” led right into the hoedown decadence of “Dead Flowers.” The moment felt like an unspoken tribute to the Stones’ fallen muse Anita Pallenberg, who died in 2017 after a lifetime of giving them hellacious trouble. (And inspiration—for the Stones, the two will always go hand in hand.)

After that, the energy never flagged: the show got frisker and better as it went on, with Mick earning his crown as Mr. Fever In The Funkhouse. He really let it loose during “Sympathy for the Devil,” sashaying and prancing and spinning and taunting the crowd with endless “tell me baaay-baaay, what’s my name?” squeals. He brought fresh intensity to the role of Lucifer, Prince of Darkness, as if he felt an urgent need to assure the crowd, “Hoo, and I cannot stress this enough, hoo.” The expanded band included keyboardist Chuck Leavell, vocalists Sasha Allen and Bernard Fowler and hometown hero Darryl Jones, who has held down the bass gig nearly as long as Bill Wyman did. (Mick introduced Jones as “the South Side’s finest!”)

Keith held center stage beside Charlie, the two of them all severe gravitas amid the Mick-and-Woody antics. Keith took over for his excellent showcase segment, announcing, “Good to be back. Good to be anywhere.” He did a rugged version of “You Got The Silver,” facing off with Woody on acoustic guitar and Watts’ brushed drums, then rocking out with a beautifully unrepentant version of his outlaw anthem, “Before They Make Me Run.”

The North American tour runs through the summer, wrapping up August 31st in Miami. But it makes sense that the Stones started by bringing it all back home to Chicago, just down the road a piece from the old Chess Studios on 2120 South Michigan Avenue. (When the Stones first toured America in 1964, they made a pilgrimage to the birthplace for so many of their favorite blues records; as Keith has said, they found Muddy Waters casually painting the ceiling.) Going for local humor as always, Mick joked about Chicago delicacies such as “Italian beef,” and introduced Ron Wood as “the Monet of the Magnificent Mile.” (Wood, a prolific dauber of canvasses rather than ceilings, has a new book of his painted Stones set lists, Set-Pieces.)

Mick played up the Cockney accent in “Paint It Black,” making it feel almost like an accidental elegy for David Bowie. “Midnight Rambler” became a showcase for each member of the band, with Mick’s gratifyingly vivid harmonica, stretching out into a snippet of “You Gotta Move.” For the final stretch they blasted through one crowd-killing classic after another: “Brown Sugar,” “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” “Start Me Up,” “Satisfaction,” a long and stormy “Gimme Shelter” where Jagger faced off with Sasha Allen over the sex-and-death groove.

But the surprise musical and emotional highlight of the night: “Miss You,” which the band stretched out into something longer, lonelier, more soulfully naked than ever before. Mick skipped up the catwalk and lingered there alone during the breakdown soliloquy, moaning the line “I wanna sing! I wanna sing!” over and over. You wouldn’t exactly say he seemed emotionally unguarded—this is Mick Jagger, after all. But he fleshed out all the grown-up divorce anguish in the song—an ode to middle-aged loneliness in the big city, a song Mick wrote in his mid-thirties, back when he figured that was as middle-aged as anyone could get. (He had no idea.) He didn’t back down from the emotion in the song, and didn’t make a camp joke out of it, either. He made it feel like a moment of doubt and pain—as vulnerable as he’s ever sounded.

Could it be that for a moment—maybe just a fraction of a flicker of a moment—the Rolling Stones wondered if they needed to prove they could do this? Maybe. But not bloody likely. Every moment of “Miss You” was the Rolling Stones at the top of their game—as was the entire show. Make no mistake, these guys were shamelessly showing off all night. They earned that."

Rob Sheffield for RS Magazine

[www.youtube.com]
Rolling Stones ~ Street Fighting Man ~ Chicago ~ 6/21/2019
(Fan video posted by Kim Roberts on You Tube)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 08:06 by hopkins.

Re: Chicago #1 show 21-June-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 23, 2019 07:30

Hey folks I need help.Tried to get rollingstones.com but got UK site.

Date: June 23, 2019 07:44

Getting "Miss You" now; really enjoying this show.
finally got me some bass. interesting comments by the RS Mag writer.
A rave review fair to say. Enjoying Karl and Darryl getting some room
and attention and fan appreciation on Miss You.
Excellent.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 23, 2019 07:53

One of the perils of being the “ last band standing “ is your best fan site becomes the catch-all classic rock forum.
I was waiting for the “hold on a minute,don’t get carried away” crowd to start chirping when all the glowing reviews came in,not only from the media but from the fans in attendance.
When the Stones are your 3rd favorite band but you come here because it’s the only game left in town and you want to hear good things about the Stones but let’s get serious “they’re no ( Beatles,Who,Zep,AC/DC etc)and we need to temper our enthusiasm.
No we don’t -the Stones were and still are a better band than the Beatles.the Stones are a far superior group of musicians than Zep.
The former was a pop group and the latter is a creation of a session musician who stole almost every song they played.
If you somehow think bands like AC/DC and The Who are in the same league as the Stones you are operating on a level somewhere around the special needs person businesses sometimes hire to greet their patrons at the door.
I will try to treat you accordingly-hey,good to see ya,keep up the good work.
Mick Jagger is a far superior talent than Elvis Presley ever thought of being,Elvis couldn’t handle his drugs and wasn’t professional enough to stay in shape for his audience and beyond that
Elvis couldn’t write a song to save his life.

welcome to IORR,deal with it.

Date: June 23, 2019 08:12

welcome to posting while drunk, deal with it tongue sticking out smiley
that timmy can you hear me album was GREAT.
so was Whole Lotta Rosie.
(Bon Scott studio and the live stuff circa 77, 78; not Brian)
with you on that damn zeppelin tho; that page is a godawful noodler.
jimmy page
is such a rage
i do not know the reason why
(personally speaking)...

let's see, who else?
oh yeh The Who. right,
little teeny mod boys band, screw them and their whole generation of sttutterers and stuff ;
quadrophrenia didn't even work out, except for L&G; but cut to the chase,
nobody wanted to buy two more speakers and a special amp,
and now it's stereo anyway. screw the who

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 08:32 by hopkins.

Date: June 23, 2019 08:35

hopkins
welcome to posting while drunk, deal with it tongue sticking out smiley
that timmy can you hear me album was GREAT.
so was Whole Lotta Rosie.
(Bon Scott studio and the live stuff circa 77, 78; not Brian)
with you on that damn zeppelin tho; that page is a godawful noodler.
jimmy page
is such a rage
i do not know the reason why
(personally speaking)...

let's see, who else?
oh yeh The Who. right,
little teeny mod boys band, screw them and their whole generation of sttutterers and stuff ;
quadrophrenia didn't even work out, except for L&G; but cut to the chase,
nobody wanted to buy two more speakers and a special amp,
and now it's stereo anyway. screw the who

Hey,good to see ya.keep up the good work.

Date: June 23, 2019 08:59

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 23, 2019 09:13

TumblinDice76
Hairball-great show! It almost seemed like the 2 hours flew by. Ron Wood continues the same energy he had on Zip Code tour. Keith was much more reserved then in '15 but very focused. He may have been just laying back and letting Mick have his night. Who knows. You Gotta Move as part of Rambler was great. Sad Sad Sad was played with such enthusiasm and energy that you couldn't help but enjoy it. If it is "The Last Time" they went out with a bang for me.

I suppose it's possible Keith moves as much as he can, at 75 it's likely he doesn't have the energy to move much so just tries to make up for it by playing the very best he can for two hours rather than get knackered and make a mess of his playing.
It can be difficult to watch though, i loved it when Keith moved all over the place but we all get old. Time to realise Keith's limitations, look at those fingers, it's a wonder he still does this for the Stones and the fans. In a way i'd rather he'd called time on touring with the Stones in 03' when we could have remembered him for Keith Richards the performer he was back then.
Having said that he might get more into it as he goes along, Keith doesn't fake anything and he just might not have been in the mood in Chicago, he doesn't like the cold does he.

Date: June 23, 2019 09:59

It’s like I said in my previous post, the hangers on don’t want those hardcores getting too uppity.
It was a great show BUT how about Keith?
Can’t attack Mick but let’s jump on Keith,maybe if we talk about it for five more pages the show won’t be that great after all,what a bunch of bullshit.

Keith was fine, I saw opening night on the Bridges tour,ironically in the same exact stadium and he was the same way.
It’s opening night,how many times have you heard him say”it’s my job to make sure things are running right so Mick can do his thing”
He was hanging back,making sure the machine was running right and this was
Micks night anyway.Keith was doing his job on the first gig of the tour,plenty of time to get loose later on.
As far as looking dazed,Keith still smokes weed.i’d like To see some of your faces after burning one of the shit he smokes,I promise it’s not some ragweed.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 23, 2019 10:37

It's funny you should mention B2B because I was thinking about that exact tour while watching these videos and remembered a demented Keith running out on stage for Satisfaction in Oakland, feels like another lifetime, for all of us ! I love Keith and I saw that glazed look from about a foot away at the Trabendo so I'm not really worried, it's just something that struck me in that video by Christiaan and we're here to discuss stuff we notice, right, if not why bother ? As for the Stones being in another league, yeah, that goes without saying. They're just a very powerful band and carry something on stage that no other band has had or will likely ever have.

fzv98d
Here is my first video from Pit 1. More to come.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Thanks, almost feels like being there ! What was this filmed with ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 13:00 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 23, 2019 10:38

They should just use the intro from Get Yer Ya Ya's out for the intro.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:13

keithsman
TumblinDice76
Hairball-great show! It almost seemed like the 2 hours flew by. Ron Wood continues the same energy he had on Zip Code tour. Keith was much more reserved then in '15 but very focused. He may have been just laying back and letting Mick have his night. Who knows. You Gotta Move as part of Rambler was great. Sad Sad Sad was played with such enthusiasm and energy that you couldn't help but enjoy it. If it is "The Last Time" they went out with a bang for me.

I suppose it's possible Keith moves as much as he can, at 75 it's likely he doesn't have the energy to move much so just tries to make up for it by playing the very best he can for two hours rather than get knackered and make a mess of his playing.
It can be difficult to watch though, i loved it when Keith moved all over the place but we all get old. Time to realise Keith's limitations, look at those fingers, it's a wonder he still does this for the Stones and the fans. In a way i'd rather he'd called time on touring with the Stones in 03' when we could have remembered him for Keith Richards the performer he was back then.
Having said that he might get more into it as he goes along, Keith doesn't fake anything and he just might not have been in the mood in Chicago, he doesn't like the cold does he.

Keith has a major arthritis issue. Look at his hands in recent pic. Running around for 2 hours straight is not a recommended activity or in some cases even possible. Sadly, I know all too well & Keith has close to 20 years on me.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:23

I agree with you lem metlow. I've smoked Keith's weed and just one puff hypnotized me.

Date: June 23, 2019 12:26

GasLightStreet
gotdablouse
Right, again I thought his playing was fine, better than in Hamburg 2017 by a country mile but I've never seen him look like he did on SFM at 2'48 : [youtu.be]
Guess he was focusing !

Wow! That was one hell of a wonking clam!!!!!!!!

LOL That Stoned look, it's just one of Keith's faces he pulls, sure he may have had some weed for first night nerves, but he was alert and all smiles a minute later.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 23, 2019 13:13

chatoyancy
I agree with you lem metlow. I've smoked Keith's weed and just one puff hypnotized me.

What’s the strain?

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: June 23, 2019 13:47

Bonjour
I'm looking for the alternate "rain" setlist.
Is there a picture somewhere ?
I'm sure having seen it but where ?
Merci

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 23, 2019 13:51

Your wish is your command ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 23, 2019 14:11

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 23:30 by Xam.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 23, 2019 14:35

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 23:30 by Xam.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 23, 2019 15:19

The Sicilian
Phil Good
His Majesty
makemeburnthecandle
On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Brian sends his thanks, but say's he isn't god. grinning smiley

Well said, HM

Though thanks to everyone who remembers what Bill Wyman once said: "...No Brian Jones -No Rolling Stones".
And that's the truth!

So who are those impostors that have been playing for the last 50 years?

I think Bill's statement meant 'without Brian, the Rolling Stones would never have existed' rather than 'There cannot be a Rolling Stones that doesn't include Brian'.

Date: June 23, 2019 15:24

Paddy
chatoyancy

What’s the strain?

No strain at all; someone gets it for him.
Keith's pal Willie Nelson has his own brand of pre-rolled and packaged
legal joints for easy sale to anyone with ID from pretty much anywhere
in the world at a cannabis dispensary in L.A. and elsewhere in California.
It's still sort of a surprise for me to see so much of this so public.
I'm almost 68 and the laws were very different all my life until these
last years, and it's now over a year since the Recreational cannabis laws were enacted in CA,
and to see so many people from very young to very old,
just lighting up or vaping as the police cars roll past, still seems sort of remarkable.
I have 'mixed emotions' about this as it pertains to kids; it's being promoted very
heavily in a greed rush for the new billion dollar industry.

I'd actually be surprised if there isn't a 'tongue' brand on some pre-rolls at some point.
A lot of money will be offered, to just sign off,
like Keith did with that luggage deal. Great advert foto of him in those ads.

I'm guessing that Gucci or whatever suitcase had a couple of pounds of indica.
Perhaps Mick's people can make sure it's sativa next show, if they'd like him to wake up a little, lol.
haha, i was going to write a post about Keith's wistful demeanor and little
smiles now and again; not realizing he maybe just blew a number or two.
Jags must be absolutely thrilled that it's just a puff and not something else.
like a nose cocktail with daddy's ashes and something else,.

Oh was Keith stoned and playing his electric guitar for half a hundred thousand of jumping rock fans?
who would have guessed? lol, i missed it; it didn't occur to me but seems sort of obvious now.

Date: June 23, 2019 15:30

keithsman

I agree with some of this sentiment, but Keith at the end of the 2018 leg was moving far more than he did for the opener in Dublin; indeed, he was already moving around more at the next show in London. I definitely think he doesn't like the cold though; I thought the indoor 2017 shows were generally better for him than the outdoor ones. However, JESUS CHRIST I AM GLAD HE DIDN'T CALL IT QUITS IN 2003. Whatever his/their limitations, I have seen some of my best ever Stones shows in the last few years and I would not want give them up for anything.

syrel

Date: June 23, 2019 15:35

Was anyone at the show able to find a merch stand selling the lithograph? I tried about 8 and couldn't find it.

syrel

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 15:50

Yes, I got mine at the booth outside of Soldier by the Parking Decks. I got mine there so I could go put mine back in the car and not have to carry it with threat of rain. I'd say I bought mine around 4:30ish.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 23, 2019 15:53

syrel
Was anyone at the show able to find a merch stand selling the lithograph? I tried about 8 and couldn't find it.

syrel

Two stands at the South gate had the poster before the show. After the show it was gone. One guy had bought several copies and was selling them for 100 USD each on the street after the show. Others (or the same guy?) are selling them on ebay now.

Date: June 23, 2019 16:21

[www.thedailybeast.com]
"It appears Jagger’s health crisis has given purpose to what could have been just another nostalgia trip."

CHICAGO—The real star of opening night of the Rolling Stones’ “No Filter” tour here Friday may have been Mick Jagger’s fitness tracker.

If he was wearing one on his wrist, it surely tallied more than 50,000 steps over the two hours the band played at Soldier Field, the first of two nights and the launch of their new North America tour. Yet this show, and tour, almost didn’t happen. In early April news broke that Jagger had emergency heart surgery, an unexpected event that paused the tour and created expectations the band finally reached the end of the road.

Recovery was swift. The next month Jagger released an Instagram video showing the 75-year-old performing an aerobics routine most men a third his age couldn’t perform. The message: Time was still on his side and the tour was happening.

The incident, served as a reminder, however iconic, that the phenomena of the Rolling Stones is their continued perseverance as a band with global drawing power and multi-generational appeal after six decades. In a way, Jagger’s health crisis gave purpose to what could have been just another nostalgia trip. For the band and audience both, Friday wasn’t supposed to have happened. That it did, made for a celebration that went beyond the music.

Unlike past tours, the role of supporting vocalists and other musicians were scaled far back. They were used but sparingly, like when French horn player Matt Clifford walked onstage briefly to play the opening bars of “You Can’t Always Get What You Want.”

Instead of hanging back, guitarists Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards played out front far more than they have in recent memory. With their instruments dialed to maximum volume, Wood and Richards drove the majority of songs with soloing and dual leads. “Honky Tonk Woman” now was an exercise in craftmanship with both Richards and Wood slicing through the signature riff together and later, Richards turned the song in a new direction with a blues solo that bounced through different tempo switches. Richards also abandoned “Happy” as his requisite solo spot. Instead, he quieted down, sharing “You Got the Silver” — a mournful acoustic version—with Wood. Next he brought on the horns for “Before They Make Me Run,” a raucous blowout.

Even Daryl Jones, the Chicago native who has locked down the bassist role for 26 years, seemed free to experiment, creating inventive basslines to make the songs strut.

The best evidence of the Stones’ rejuvenation was a two-song acoustic set the four core members played in the center of the field. Jagger, Richards and Woods each played acoustic guitars on “Angie” and “Dead Flowers” with Jagger and Richards sharing one microphone at one moment for some tight country harmony. Later, as Jagger sang lead, Richards and Woods turned to face drummer Charlie Watts, each man beaming to the other with broad smiles. The buoyancy of their performance relayed satisfaction for a moment that, above all other things, was about friendship and survival.

Unlike any other city in the world, Chicago has played an important role in Stones history, starting with the day in 1961 when Richards spied Jagger carrying two albums—“Rockin’ at the Hops” by Chuck Berry and “The Best of Muddy Waters”—on a train platform. The records, both on the Chicago label Chess Records, led to a conversation between the two strangers about their mutual love of both men and the electric sound they were innovating in Chicago.

Only later did the Stones travel to Chicago for the first time to record an EP at Chess, home to Waters, Berry, and a legion of 1950s-era blues artists the Stones worshipped as young men and continued to carry the torch over decades. The band’s very name is lifted from a Waters song, “Rollin’ Stone,” and their 1964 instrumental “2120 South Michigan Avenue” is the address of the Chess building, which still stands just a short walk from Soldier Field.

As the Stones grew more famous, the band often shifted the spotlight to older blues performers, most notably when they introduced singer Howlin’ Wolf to a national television audience in 1965, a performance where band sat at the towering singer’s feet. Decades of tour stops in Chicago have included visits to area blues clubs, starting in 1981 when they ducked into a South Side club to jam with Waters and his band. More recently, as older men themselves, the Stones rekindled a more natural relationship with the blues through a 2016 covers album, “Blue & Lonesome” (Interscope), that featured songs from Chicagoans Wolf, Magic Sam, Little Walter, Otis Rush, Little Johnny Taylor, Eddie Taylor and Jimmy Reed.

Jagger acknowledged that Friday was the band’s 38th show in Chicago since 1964. Before welcoming the recently-elected Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, who was in the audience, Jagger polled the audience for advice on the local cuisine: “I still haven’t eaten an Italian beef—should I have it dry or should I have it wet?”

Maybe it’s best Jagger keep the beef off his plate because, at present, his lithe body never stopped moving. Crouching, wiggling, playing 88 invisible keys in the air with both hands—all of it evidence that he is determined to keep moving forward, no matter what age or the obstacle staring him down. To open “Midnight Rambler,” he channeled Little Walter on harmonica, blowing through distortion while Wood answered him with his slide.

The song wouldn’t quit and at one turn, Jagger flipped his hoodie up and stalked down a runway that led into the audience. His vocals moans summoned Muddy Waters until the song turned into “You Gotta Move,” the blues spiritual popularized in the 1960s by Mississippi Fred McDowell. The song is a warning that the fate of man is in the Almighty’s hands, not their own. For Jagger and the Stones, it’s evident that, so far, they’re still good with God.

Mark Guarino
The Daily Beast
----------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 16:23 by hopkins.

Date: June 23, 2019 16:41

syrel
keithsman

I agree with some of this sentiment, but Keith at the end of the 2018 leg was moving far more than he did for the opener in Dublin; indeed, he was already moving around more at the next show in London. I definitely think he doesn't like the cold though; I thought the indoor 2017 shows were generally better for him than the outdoor ones. However, JESUS CHRIST I AM GLAD HE DIDN'T CALL IT QUITS IN 2003. Whatever his/their limitations, I have seen some of my best ever Stones shows in the last few years and I would not want give them up for anything.

syrel

Couple things i'd like to clarify, if you read my posts over the last few pages i have been saying Keith always finishes tours moving much better than at the start.
Also i don't mean i wish the Stones stopped playing as a band since 2003 , but a part of me struggles to watch Keith with his limitations since then, it's just not the same performer where he is concerned. Yes Ronnie has improved and Mick still reaches a standard that doesn't depress me, but it's just hard coming to terms with my hero Keith being an old man, he defied logic for so many years, he walked a tightrope night after night and pulled it off in style.

But anyway so pleased he still does this but really i hope this is the last tour. That's just me though, it's not enough to just focus on Mick and Ronnie, Keith is (was) the Stones for me.

Chicago Tribune Review
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 23, 2019 12:01

Re: Chicago Tribune Review
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 23, 2019 15:12

THANKS. ENJOYED THE REVIEW.

Re: Chicago Tribune Review
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 23, 2019 15:13

Unavailable in European countries...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 18 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home