Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: "The Dirt" - Motley Crue movie
Date: June 17, 2019 21:19

Dear friends

I watched The Dirt yesterday. May be some/most of you have already done it.
A Motley Crew biopic. First of all I admit I never liked them. At all.
But...this film….is great. It does not delve on their music but in the inner relationship among the band members and their lives. Honest, straightforward, sincere. Simple but extraordinarily well-told story. And it gets you hooked from the first moment. By the way, there are really hard scenes, specially one.

And more importantly, a demystification of some concept of rocknroll life style, to some extent.

The Dirt will not win an Oscar (his director does not try to be Spielberg) or will not go down in history of cinema (it is not precisely Casablanca). It deliberately is an unpretentious film.It does not try to play in the same league than rocket man or b rhapsody but.., it worths watching. I dearly recommend it.

[www.imdb.com]

By the way there is an hilarious scene involving Ozzy,..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-19 19:34 by bv.

Re: OT: If you saw B rhapsody or rocket man...give this other film a chance...The Dirt (motley crew biopic)
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 17, 2019 22:04

Watched it with my friends. It was trashy as hell and not very well made, but definitely entertaining.

Re: OT: If you saw B rhapsody or rocket man...give this other film a chance...The Dirt (motley crew biopic)
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 18, 2019 04:51

terrible movie about horrible people

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 18, 2019 05:02

The Dirt is a Rocking Movie about a bunch of rocking mthafkrs from a rocking era. It made me laugh and smile a lot.

The Queen movie was OK, I guess, I skimmed through it.
I have no interest in the Elton John movie.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 18, 2019 06:30

crholmstrom
terrible movie about horrible people

grinning smiley

Posted by: WetWillie ()
Date: June 18, 2019 08:22

Good film. Funny and sad.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: June 18, 2019 13:46

The Dirt was a waste of time. Expected a lot more after the entertaining book.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 18, 2019 13:59

Saw The Dirt a while ago.
First minutes really hooked me but after that I wasn't amazed.
I usually like biopics, but this one isn't really well made, doesen't dig into the characteres very much and stops too early in their carreer IMHO.
Still glad I watched it, but not really recommending it.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: June 18, 2019 15:11

stupid movie

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: June 18, 2019 17:47

It was fun to watch (I'm a Crüe fan). Of course the casting wasn't as well done as Bohemian Rhap, but this was a Netflix budget...

Re: OT: "The Dirt" - Motley Crue movie
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 20, 2019 00:01

[www.youtube.com]
The Bio Epic of Epic Proportions only comes once in a sweet blue moon.
Especially about a bunch of L.A. California rockers...it's humility that follows the smack of recognition that Greatness sometimes arrives bearing.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 20, 2019 00:13

I'm praying for the Sonny and Cher bio-pic. Now THAT'D be a doozy.
whoa, Sonny WAS a politician!
Elected and everything! But gravity is free too; in fact it's sorta mandatory if you're sliding down a mountain say, or ski-dooing up a tree.
stones related, whew, that was a close one! eye popping smiley
politics AND Off Topic!
the duo-fecta! yesss.
the bg music for the trailer wafts in. "...they say we're young and we don't show....no, no, darn it share, that's not right yet, take it from the top Phil, where's my tambourine...." white screen fade out.
up comes....Cher on Malibu Beach in the morning, no one's around.
Still, she's reticent; something's on her mind....she looks down the shore-line both ways, then suddenly unzips her human suit and slithers back into the sea....'

see what i did there?
now you've got politics, forbidden topics AND A FRIGGIN MONSTER MOVIE.
Alice Cooper is still alive. I smell soundtrack; somebody get on this.
there's a Stones show this week and i have to get the periscope squad off their yuppie and millennial asses.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 20, 2019 00:59

I haven't seen any one these -- the biopics of Queen, Elton or the Crue -- but 'The Dirt' *seems* that it might be interesting, that the director and creative team has an opportunity to say something in the movie as opposed to just promoting the artist.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home