Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Phorum Database Error
Posted by: curt ()
Date: June 14, 2019 23:50

Phorum Database Error

What does this mean?

Re: Phorum Database Error
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 14, 2019 23:57

See this (link to be fount in the "Forum links of interest" section", link on the IORR home page:

Phorum Database Error - problem solving

Bjornulf

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 15, 2019 00:24

curt
Phorum Database Error

What does this mean?
It may mean you are copy/pasting something from another website which may have some weird code to it, maybe hidden code, which does not get along with the underlying code used to run this website.

Or sometimes when you try to type some foreign language formatting stuff it does not like it here. Usually you can scan through what you are doing (and it works under preview)(but not when you try to post) look at the words for the weird stuff, re-write that, and then maybe it works.

Or you can try to first copy/paste the stuff into a text document on your computer... save that (and your computer will yell at you a bit)(but it will save it after deleting the weird stuff) then open it and copy/past that here... and it may work.

Or it may be something completely different from that.

Date: June 15, 2019 01:23

Xam
curt
Phorum Database Error

What does this mean?
It may mean you are copy/pasting something from another website which may have some weird code to it, maybe hidden code, which does not get along with the underlying code used to run this website.

Or sometimes when you try to type some foreign language formatting stuff it does not like it here. Usually you can scan through what you are doing (and it works under preview)(but not when you try to post) look at the words for the weird stuff, re-write that, and then maybe it works.

Or you can try to first copy/paste the stuff into a text document on your computer... save that (and your computer will yell at you a bit)(but it will save it after deleting the weird stuff) then open it and copy/past that here... and it may work.

Or it may be something completely different from that.

I have posted here for 20 odd years and have not had this happen.
Browser, operating system, device changes produces the same result.
I have however been able to post the items in other similar boards...

Date: June 15, 2019 01:30

curt
Browser, operating system, device changes produces the same result.
I have however been able to post the items in other similar boards...
I have posted here for 20 odd years and it happens to me when I ... like I said above.
It is usually simple to see what the problem probably is, edit it, and voila it works... or not.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 15, 2019 01:30

curt

In rare cases I had this Phorum Database Error too although the content was ok.

The solution is to post first a simple character. After that go back to this post and edit it, replace the simple character with the actual content, then save the changes.

Date: June 15, 2019 01:40

Thank you Irix, that did it !

Date: June 15, 2019 02:07

Irix
curt

The solution is to post first a simple character. After that go back to this post and edit it, replace the simple character with the actual content, then save the changes.
curt

Indeed great tip! Irix is an IORR MVP over and over.

I am curious curt, was the post Podcast from London England the one that gave the error and doing as simple as Irix idea fixed it with no other edits? No weird symbols or anything?

Date: June 15, 2019 02:37

Xam
Irix
curt

curt

I am curious curt, was the post Podcast from London England the one that gave the error and doing as simple as Irix idea fixed it with no other edits? No weird symbols or anything?

That was the one and twas simple as that, no other edits...

Date: June 15, 2019 03:43

curt
Xam
Irix
curt

curt

That was the one and twas simple as that, no other edits...
Thanks curt, and Irix, that is some good to know info.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home