Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Game 7, Stanley Cup final 2019...
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 13, 2019 04:18

Staying up for this one. Bruins down with 0-2 after period 1. They dominated the period but one deflection and a defensive error (he decided to change when there were 10 seconds
left of the period opening up for the counter attack). Two Swedish player on ice for the Bruins and three for the Blues. Doing well so far. Up for period 2 now...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-13 12:09 by Stoneage.

Re: OT: Game 7, Stanley Cup final 2019...
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 13, 2019 04:25

Game 7 = Pure Excitement!

Date: June 13, 2019 04:58

Bruins still down, 0-2, after the second period. A more even game now. It will be an exciting last period. Of course, statistics favors the Blues now but anything can happen..

Date: June 13, 2019 05:53

Seems like the first two goals in the first period did it for the Blues. Bruins kind of choked after that. 4-1 the result in the end.
The Blues Stanley Cup winners in 2019. Their first trophy apparently.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 13, 2019 05:58

Cry Marchand cry

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 13, 2019 11:01

Congrats to the Blues, first Stanley Cup in their history! At the beginning of 2019 they were the worst team in the NHL then they changed their coach and got Craig Berube and suddenly they took off!
Not a fan of the Blues since they're in the same division as my Blackhawks but it's nice to see them win and to see the Bruins lose. Hopefully they get a huge turnout for the Stanley Cup parade!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: June 13, 2019 12:04

Yo Mama cares abooot Hockey....

Top Series, Congrats St. Louis

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 13, 2019 12:49

Becoming a Blues fan in late 94, I had to wait 25 years for this! Happy Days!!!

smileys with beer

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 13, 2019 13:35

Ok, now melt the ice and enjoy the summer.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 13, 2019 14:58

Congrats to the Blues...I'm not much of a hockey fan, but root for the NY Rangers.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 13, 2019 17:55

I'm a massive Blue Jackets fan, but several of my friends are Blues fans from before the CBJ came into the league in 2000... they are all beyond excited at winning the Stanley Cup.

Congrats to all those Blues fans! 51 years and finally on top! Well worth the wait I'm sure!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 13, 2019 22:05

It's amazing that the Stanley Cup Playoffs go into summer. It's been like this for a good while now. Ridiculous, really.

That aside, I'm glad St Louis won. It's about time!

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: June 13, 2019 22:17

Boston forgot to show up for Game 7.

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: June 13, 2019 23:47

I am a lifelong fan of the St. Louis Blues, having lived in St. Louis all my life. I have waited 40+ years for this day to come, and it is finally here! I never thought I'd see the day when the Blues would win the Stanley Cup. So happy! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: June 14, 2019 01:40

mickboy33
I am a lifelong fan of the St. Louis Blues, having lived in St. Louis all my life. I have waited 40+ years for this day to come, and it is finally here! I never thought I'd see the day when the Blues would win the Stanley Cup. So happy! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

St. Louis Blues fans definitely know how difficult it is to win the Stanley Cup and definitely deserve it. So many great St. Louis Blues teams through the years yet there was always some other team to come along and eliminate them from the playoffs. Not this year! That rookie goaltender is something else such that St. Louis may see another Stanley Cup sooner rather than later.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 14, 2019 03:26

StonedInTokyo
mickboy33

St. Louis Blues fans definitely know how difficult it is to win the Stanley Cup and definitely deserve it. So many great St. Louis Blues teams through the years yet there was always some other team to come along and eliminate them from the playoffs. Not this year! That rookie goaltender is something else such that St. Louis may see another Stanley Cup sooner rather than later.

I'm 54, lived in St. Louis my whole life, always dreamed of seeing the cup paraded down market street.

So what do I do? Book a family trip to Jamaica, even joking "not going to have to worry about that this year". They were dead last in the league at the time and just making the playoffs looked absurd.

But still got to watch the games and hopefully turned a few Jamaicans into Blues fans!

See you all in Chicago next Friday!

Date: June 14, 2019 08:11

The last time there seemed to be real hope for St Louis was when Gretzky played for them in 1996.

Not to be.

They beat Boston! I love it!

Date: June 14, 2019 08:43

Just a short note: The player who did the defensive mistake making goal number two possible was Bradley Marchand. He did the homework but was passed, standing still,
on the blue line and went for the change when only 10 seconds to go...

A second note: GLS is right about playing hockey in June and seven games finals and so on. But I won't go into that again. Very few understands what I'm talking about there anyway.
The NHL can do whatever they want it seems. Nothing I can do about that...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 14, 2019 15:00

Glad for Blues, deserved and well done, another great fairytale, but even more glad for the ice hockey season 2018-2019 being finally over. But it starts in August again...

- Doxa

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 14, 2019 15:09

Doxa
Glad for Blues, deserved and well done, another great fairytale, but even more glad for the ice hockey season 2018-2019 being finally over. But it starts in August again...

- Doxa

Season actually starts in October, practice/preseason in September.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 14, 2019 15:28

kovach
Doxa

- Doxa

Season actually starts in October, practice/preseason in September.

Here in Finland the preseason starts in early August already. The same with Putin's KHL. NHL is just one piece in the puzzle (even though the best one qualitywise)... It is a tough job to follow all this action, but shit, what can one do because being hooked to this sport since baby...

And we have draft soon... Hughes vs. Kakko... Most likely the Devils will pick up the American, but a nationalist in me says that Rangers will be the real winners here.... Kakko too...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-14 15:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: June 14, 2019 16:31

Kakko is an amazing player and could easily be better than Hughes, but you're right, the Devils are taking Hughes.

Date: June 14, 2019 21:21

Stoneage
Just a short note: The player who did the defensive mistake making goal number two possible was Bradley Marchand. He did the homework but was passed, standing still,
on the blue line and went for the change when only 10 seconds to go...

A second note: GLS is right about playing hockey in June and seven games finals and so on. But I won't go into that again. Very few understands what I'm talking about there anyway.
The NHL can do whatever they want it seems. Nothing I can do about that...

Hey Stoneage, I totally understand what you're talking about. We discussed this on the World Hockey Championship thread! Marchand has been an agitator all his career so it was good to see him in tears after the game, especially after he's tormented so many other players over the years.
Hughes and Kakko are the top 2 but my Blackhawks pick third. I'm hoping they pick Bowen Byram, who played his juniors in Vancouver. They've drafted a number of defensemen the past few years and could use a good forward but it's tough to pass up a defenseman that all scouts say will be a star.
Again, congrats to the Blues and to players like Jay Bouwmeester, who has been a great player throughout his career and finally got to win the Cup!

Date: June 15, 2019 04:36

Marchand is a putz.

I generally can't stand teams from the extreme NE - Boston Bruins, NE Patriots, Philly - any team in Philly - and DC with their ridiculous teams.

I'd love to see Buffalo win something at some point.

Towns that have not won a Stanley Cup or Super Bowl that I'd like to see win now that St Louis has done it - Buffalo and Miami.

NHL teams I'd like to see win the Cup:

Vancouver
Hamilton
Winnipeg
Florida (Miami)
Las Vegas

Date: June 15, 2019 07:49

GasLightStreet
Marchand is a putz.

I generally can't stand teams from the extreme NE - Boston Bruins, NE Patriots, Philly - any team in Philly - and DC with their ridiculous teams.

Towns that have not won a Stanley Cup or Super Bowl that I'd like to see win now that St Louis has done it - Buffalo and Miami.

Vancouver
Hamilton
Winnipeg
Florida (Miami)
Las Vegas

Hamilton?! I'm sure all the residents there will be happy to hear they now have an NHL team! Guessing you probably meant Ottawa? I would like to see Buffalo win the cup. They've had some great teams over the years.

Date: June 15, 2019 08:24

DGA35
GasLightStreet
Marchand is a putz.

Vancouver
Hamilton
Winnipeg
Florida (Miami)
Las Vegas

Hamilton?! I'm sure all the residents there will be happy to hear they now have an NHL team! Guessing you probably meant Ottawa? I would like to see Buffalo win the cup. They've had some great teams over the years.

HA HA!

You're right.

Yes - Ottawa! Of course, the original team won 11 Stanley Cups. But that was a long long time ago.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 15, 2019 19:28

The season ends at the right time. Would you believe it has actually gone later into June some years?

Anyway, the season should be trimmed a few games and start in November. No one cares about hockey in October during the MLB playoffs and NFL and NCAA Football.

Date: June 15, 2019 19:30

Congratulations to the Blues. I saw Nashville beat them in Game 6 in person the year the Predators made it to the Finals. Now they have one and Nashville does not.

Date: June 15, 2019 22:42

tonyc
The season ends at the right time. Would you believe it has actually gone later into June some years?

Anyway, the season should be trimmed a few games and start in November. No one cares about hockey in October during the MLB playoffs and NFL and NCAA Football.

Hey Tony, guess it depends on where you live! In Canada, you look forward to the start of the NHL season! World Series is popular but I just watch if my favourite team is playing. I look forward to NFL season but that's mainly just Sundays. Very few people I know watch NCAA football but I know it's a Saturday tradition in the States whereas here, it's Hockey Night In Canada.
It would be nice to see the regular season schedule cut by a few games but it's big business so that'll never happen. Even take a game off the preseason would be good.

Date: June 16, 2019 02:02

DGA35
tonyc

Hey Tony, guess it depends on where you live! In Canada, you look forward to the start of the NHL season! World Series is popular but I just watch if my favourite team is playing. I look forward to NFL season but that's mainly just Sundays. Very few people I know watch NCAA football but I know it's a Saturday tradition in the States whereas here, it's Hockey Night In Canada.
It would be nice to see the regular season schedule cut by a few games but it's big business so that'll never happen. Even take a game off the preseason would be good.

You are correct it will never happen.

But, I did some math and when Seattle makes it 32 teams you could play four in your division for 28, two against the other 24 for 48 and have a 76 game schedule that would be totally the same and fair for every team.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home