Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Ticketmaster app saying I sold my tix??
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 13, 2019 04:58

I’m glad Ebalm it worked out for you. Even though Ticketmaster made good with resolving the problem,, you still have to blame them. Because of the monopoly of the ticket business many many sites pop up, legit and scammers all want a piece of the pie. Bar codes , hard ticket, paper ticket. Too many things to go wrong

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2019 05:24

Yes Ticketmaster is still Ticketbastard.

Glad they helped ebalm though. thumbs up

Posted by: spoonful2 ()
Date: June 13, 2019 05:28

This makes no sense. Someone breaks into your account and downloads the tickets. They then sell them "on another site". How would you have known your tickets were sold then? IF you sell your TM tickets on Stubhub there is no way of knowing those tickets were sold. The barcodes are still valid and you could still use them as long as you get them scanned first. You would never know just by looking at your account. The only way to have known the tickets were sold would be if they were sold on Ticketmaster Plus, but they didn't say that. And even if they were, they could easily void that sale because the tickets were stolen and give you new bar codes. They wouldn't say that this is a good customer who bought stolen tickets so he can keep stolen tickets if they were resold on TMplus. Even then, it they sold them on TM plus it would have to be sold on your account, unless they transfer the tickets from your account to another, but then you would have gotten an email saying the tickets were transferred. You would have noticed they tickets were transferred in your account and not sold also. This doesn't make sense.

Date: June 13, 2019 06:04

spoonful2
This makes no sense. Someone breaks into your account and downloads the tickets. They then sell them "on another site". How would you have known your tickets were sold then? IF you sell your TM tickets on Stubhub there is no way of knowing those tickets were sold. The barcodes are still valid and you could still use them as long as you get them scanned first. You would never know just by looking at your account. The only way to have known the tickets were sold would be if they were sold on Ticketmaster Plus, but they didn't say that. And even if they were, they could easily void that sale because the tickets were stolen and give you new bar codes. They wouldn't say that this is a good customer who bought stolen tickets so he can keep stolen tickets if they were resold on TMplus. Even then, it they sold them on TM plus it would have to be sold on your account, unless they transfer the tickets from your account to another, but then you would have gotten an email saying the tickets were transferred. You would have noticed they tickets were transferred in your account and not sold also. This doesn't make sense.

Very good point. Did you ever think that someone with Ticketmaster had done this. They are the only ones that could.

Ebalm’s tickets are stolen property and TM should flag them as invalid and issue new bar codes to Ebalm. I never heard of a hacked ticket being still valid That’s BS TM you suck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-13 06:12 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: June 13, 2019 06:20

More Hot Rocks
spoonful2

Very good point. Did you ever think that someone with Ticketmaster had done this. They are the only ones that could.

Ebalm’s tickets are stolen property and TM should flag them as invalid and issue new bar codes to Ebalm. I never heard of a hacked ticket being still valid That’s BS TM you suck

Apparently it’s happening more and more. All they need are the bar code numbers. In my account the tickets are listed as sold so I have no access to them anymore. The reason why I never got an email is because they were sold on a third party site, like stubhub. Ticketmaster knows they were sold as the bar codes need to be verified by the third party site.

Date: June 13, 2019 06:41

But the good buyer now has stolen tickets and should become invalid by TM.

If I owned a pawn store and bought stolen property unknowingly. It can be returned to the rightful owner and it would be my lose

Ebalm I’m not telling you want to do but I would call TM again and get hard tickets

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 13, 2019 06:52

More Hot Rocks

If I owned a pawn store and bought stolen property unknowingly. It can be returned to the rightful owner and it would be my lose

Ebalm I’m not telling you want to do but I would call TM again and get hard tickets

It's not the buyer's fault as they were likely unaware the tickets they bought were stolen so no need to penalize them.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 13, 2019 07:23

TornAndFried
More Hot Rocks

It's not the buyer's fault as they were likely unaware the tickets they bought were stolen so no need to penalize them.

I agree, there's no way for the buyer to know who the seller on a third-party site is, or where/how they obtained the tickets they're selling. So the buyer isn't at fault. A number of tickets are always kept back specifically for dealing with situations like this, so that nobody loses out.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 13, 2019 18:23

Aquamarine
TornAndFried
More Hot Rocks

I agree, there's no way for the buyer to know who the seller on a third-party site is, or where/how they obtained the tickets they're selling. So the buyer isn't at fault. A number of tickets are always kept back specifically for dealing with situations like this, so that nobody loses out.

What world do you live in? If you know or don’t know you don’t get to keep anything that is stolen even if you paid for it.
I bought Toronto Maple Leaf tickets a few years ago from s scalper in downtown Toronto. I was denied access and had to talk to security how I got the tickets. They were reported as stolen I was out $300

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 13, 2019 20:56

Cooltoplady
Aquamarine
TornAndFried
More Hot Rocks

What world do you live in? If you know or don’t know you don’t get to keep anything that is stolen even if you paid for it.
I bought Toronto Maple Leaf tickets a few years ago from s scalper in downtown Toronto. I was denied access and had to talk to security how I got the tickets. They were reported as stolen I was out $300

The issue was resolved amicably for the owner of the original (stolen) tickets and it would be of no use to penalize the buyers of the tickets (who were most likely unaware the tickets were stolen when they purchased them). If they were to void the stolen tickets the buyers could in return, ask for a refund or replacement from the company that sold the stolen tickets. In this case Ticketmaster did the right thing and gave the original owners replacement tickets and choose not to penalize the buyers. So, it's a win-win situation for everyone involved (including the ticket thieves!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-13 23:16 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 13, 2019 21:46

spoonful2

They were sold via Ticketmaster resale which is how the original poster was able to see they were sold in his account. You only need the barcodes which you can sell thru your own TM resale account.

Date: June 13, 2019 23:15

Cooltoplady
Aquamarine
TornAndFried
More Hot Rocks

I live in the world where this issue was resolved by not penalizing an innocent buyer. Sorry about your $300.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 13, 2019 23:36

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-13 23:37 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 14, 2019 00:00

ebalm
Wow, so funny how this became a rant thread. Although shouldn't be too surprised smiling smiley....
It is actually not funny and there should be no surprise. This concert/entertainment/sports ticket sales nonsense all a bunch of BS. Monopolies are NEVER GOOD for the consumer. NEVER! Ticketbastard is an insidious company with a monopoly on ticket sales and they have obviously been paying off the correct people to keep this BS going on as long as they can. It is clear they are abusive with their control, as all monopolies are.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and it does not matter what the situation is, it is simply the way humans typically operate. But apparently concert ticket sales are on no ones radar, no ones radar who cares, no ones radar who typically is in charge of looking after things, making sure fair trade happens and consumers are not abused.

I see some other companies will soon be hauled in front of law makers based on having a monopoly... it seems just a matter of time before ticketbastard has some explaining to do... or at least they will have some more bribes lobby payments to make.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-14 00:15 by Xam.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 14, 2019 00:09

There should be at least 3 sellers of tickets to every event.

It will be a hassle to institute. It will require more oversight, but in the long run controls can be put in place. When there are 3 providers ( for any product) prices always go down, at least the INSANE add-on fees for tickets currently charged by ticketbastard will go down. And "they" need to look at baseball and football MLB/NFL tickets too. It is against monopoly/anti-trust laws for them to REQUIRE people to use only one service to buy tickets and only use one way(on their phones).

The fees ticketbastard charges are unconscionable. It is a simple fact.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-14 00:11 by Xam.

Date: June 14, 2019 00:33

Xam
ebalm
Wow, so funny how this became a rant thread. Although shouldn't be too surprised smiling smiley....
It is actually not funny and there should be no surprise. This concert/entertainment/sports ticket sales nonsense all a bunch of BS. Monopolies are NEVER GOOD for the consumer. NEVER! Ticketbastard is an insidious company with a monopoly on ticket sales and they have obviously been paying off the correct people to keep this BS going on as long as they can. It is clear they are abusive with their control, as all monopolies are.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and it does not matter what the situation is, it is simply the way humans typically operate. But apparently concert ticket sales are on no ones radar, no ones radar who cares, no ones radar who typically is in charge of looking after things, making sure fair trade happens and consumers are not abused.

I see some other companies will soon be hauled in front of law makers based on having a monopoly... it seems just a matter of time before ticketbastard has some explaining to do... or at least they will have some more bribes lobby payments to make.

There was just a Federal Trade Commission workshop on Tuesday about ticket sales.

[www.ticketnews.com]

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: June 14, 2019 00:39

I don't understand the hate for Ticketmaster. While I don't like their very expensive fees, they are a business providing a service like any other business you use. You use their service and pay their fees or you don't use their service. It's quite simple. If the price is too high, I don't buy the tickets. I have absolutely no love for ticketmaster and can't believe I am defending them but they are a business plain and simple. Not sure what they are doing wrong.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 14, 2019 01:00

There was just a Federal Trade Commission workshop on Tuesday about ticket sales.

[www.vox.com]

"According to a study published by the Government Accountability Office in April 2018, the average ticket fee is now 27 percent of the ticket’s face value, with some fees as high as 37 percent. And Ticketmaster is regularly referred to as one of the most-hated companies in America ... and has been under monopoly scrutiny since its 2010 merger with Live Nation, the country’s largest promotion and venue company."

Posted by: spoonful2 ()
Date: June 14, 2019 01:30

That's not what was said, it was said they sold on another site such as Stubhub. It's incorrect that stubhub needs to verify barcodes for the tickets to be sold. If he went onto his ticketmaster account and it said the tickets were sold, then the only place would be on Ticketmater Plus ON THAT ACCOUNT. Your tickets are not marked as sold on your account unless they sell on Ticketmaster. The way you would know if they sold on Stubhub is if they were transferred to the buyer and it says "claimed" for the tickets. they would have been in the account, sold the tickets on Stubhub, got the persons name/email then transfer them, which of course there would be 2 emails to his TM email account.

THe account wasn't hacked nor was there any inside TM job. Something else happened. There is also no way Ticketmster would let stolen tickets be resold on Stubhub then not cancel the tickets. Stubhub would cancel the sale, refund the buyers money and give them a cash code to supplement a rebuy. Ticketmster would then just give you the orginal tickets back with new barcodes.

If you didn't have access to the tickets because they were sold, they were sold on your Ticmetmaster Plus account.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 14, 2019 02:06

I know its wiki, but here's how stolen items work

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Date: June 14, 2019 02:08

Given the hundreds of tickets I've bought from TM over the years, you'd think I'd have heard of Ticketmaster Plus. confused smiley It took me a long time even to find it on Google.

Date: June 14, 2019 03:12

spoonful2
That's not what was said, it was said they sold on another site such as Stubhub. It's incorrect that stubhub needs to verify barcodes for the tickets to be sold. If he went onto his ticketmaster account and it said the tickets were sold, then the only place would be on Ticketmater Plus ON THAT ACCOUNT. Your tickets are not marked as sold on your account unless they sell on Ticketmaster. The way you would know if they sold on Stubhub is if they were transferred to the buyer and it says "claimed" for the tickets. they would have been in the account, sold the tickets on Stubhub, got the persons name/email then transfer them, which of course there would be 2 emails to his TM email account.

THe account wasn't hacked nor was there any inside TM job. Something else happened. There is also no way Ticketmster would let stolen tickets be resold on Stubhub then not cancel the tickets. Stubhub would cancel the sale, refund the buyers money and give them a cash code to supplement a rebuy. Ticketmster would then just give you the orginal tickets back with new barcodes.

If you didn't have access to the tickets because they were sold, they were sold on your Ticmetmaster Plus account.

You can take barcodes from someone else's tickets and sell them on your own Ticketmaster Plus account even that account isn't synched in TM plus if you just enter the barcodes in your point of sale system.

There is something weird going on though. Could be someone, somewhere unbeknownst the original customer just screwed up.

Good thing he went and looked at his tickets. I never do that.

And I have seen more than a few things like this but they are harder to find now due to the major hack last year.

[ticketmaster.pissedconsumer.com]

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home