Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Ticketmaster app saying I sold my tix??
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 19:35

ebalm
Hey all,

I was just looking at the Ticketmaster app on my phone and iPad and it’s saying I sold my tickets for one of the NJ shows, which believe me I did not. When I went on the actual website it shows they are still in my account. Tried calling customer service but they are closed. Quite upset and nervous as these are of course the tickets I got to take my kids, 7 and 13, to their first show. This ever happen to anyone?

did you post pictures of the tix on Social Media somewhere?

If so, there is definitely a chance somebody "stole" them via the barcode or something.

Hopefully the TM Rep can figure it out.

I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: June 11, 2019 22:42

Ticketmaster UK suffered a data leak last year so I would not bet any money on Ticketmaster websites security. It may be the reason why their fraud department was so helpful and your issue was solved so quickly.

[help.ticketmaster.co.uk]-

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 11, 2019 23:29

If TM chose to...

Could they flag these stolen tickets at the gate?...
Ask the ticket holder: Who was the seller of the stolen tickets?... Attempt to identify the hackers?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 11, 2019 23:55

Wow.

That's insane.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 12, 2019 00:00

schillid
If TM chose to...

Ask the ticket holder: Who was the seller of the stolen tickets?... Attempt to identify the hackers?

They apparently know who the ticket holder is, as ebalm said they told him they were a good buyer. But the buyer probably doesn't know who the seller was, if it was bought on a third-party site.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: June 12, 2019 00:05

schillid
If TM chose to...

Digital investigations are costly as daily rates for such investigations would be around $1500. Its cheaper for companies to rely on insurances. Recently someone attempted to buy concert tickets and flight tickets with my card, and even a visa to Egypt. Its relatively easy to identify the people who would have benefited from this, yet it was easier and cheaper for my bank to simply let it be and issue a brand new card...

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 12, 2019 00:24

i'm old school & always get hard tickets. i went to a neil young show a few weeks ago & everything was electronic. its a hassle & i don't like it. applaud the effort to keep the scalping down but there has to be a better way.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 12, 2019 00:42

crholmstrom
i'm old school & always get hard tickets. i went to a neil young show a few weeks ago & everything was electronic. its a hassle & i don't like it. applaud the effort to keep the scalping down but there has to be a better way.
I am curious which/what "effort to keep the scalping down" you are applauding? Scalping is alive and well and living on the ticketbastard website. Scalped tickets are now sold (and ticketbastard fees taken) (at that point double dipping on the fees) along side regular priced tickets. Does it get any more insidious than that?

Date: June 12, 2019 00:52

There should be an international law saying If ticketbastard is going to allow reselling of tickets right on their website then all resales MUST BE PRICED NO MORE than the ticket sold for to start with! THEN!!! AND ONLY THEN!!! will the scalping be "reduced". At that point I will believe ticketbastard are trying to do some good, maybe helping people who can not go to a show..etc etc...

BUT AS LONG AS I see prices like these prices for opening night, PRICES FROM RIGHT NOW-
Sec C, Row 1 $5113.00
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec C, Row 5 $1554
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket

No one at ticketbastard, or anywhere, is doing a damned thing to keep the scalping down.

Date: June 12, 2019 01:04

Xam
crholmstrom
I am curious which/what "effort to keep the scalping down" you are applauding? Scalping is alive and well and living on the ticketbastard website. Scalped tickets are now sold (and ticketbastard fees taken) (at that point double dipping on the fees) along side regular priced tickets. Does it get any more insidious than that?

the effort was by neil young himself. there were no resales allowed for the 2 seattle shows on the ticketmaster site.

Date: June 12, 2019 01:11

crholmstrom
Xam
crholmstrom

the effort was by neil young himself. there were no resales allowed for the 2 seattle shows on the ticketmaster site.
That is really cool. If they do that all the time or only allow resale at original prices then that would be awesome.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 12, 2019 01:33

Xam
There should be an international law saying If ticketbastard is going to allow reselling of tickets right on their website then all resales MUST BE PRICED NO MORE than the ticket sold for to start with! THEN!!! AND ONLY THEN!!! will the scalping be "reduced". At that point I will believe ticketbastard are trying to do some good, maybe helping people who can not go to a show..etc etc...

BUT AS LONG AS I see prices like these prices for opening night, PRICES FROM RIGHT NOW-
Sec C, Row 1 $5113.00
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec C, Row 5 $1554
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket

No one at ticketbastard, or anywhere, is doing a damned thing to keep the scalping down.

Chances are those are band tickets.

Date: June 12, 2019 01:35

Dan
Xam

Sec C, Row 1 $5113.00
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec C, Row 5 $1554
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket

so what?

Date: June 12, 2019 01:36

schillid
If TM chose to...

They probably don't want any drama at the seats where the 2nd buyer still gets in and confronts the original buyer at the seats.

Date: June 12, 2019 01:37

Xam
Dan
Xam

Sec C, Row 1 $5113.00
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec C, Row 5 $1554
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket

so what?

It means the band can sell their own tickets for whatever they want. As can anyone else.

Date: June 12, 2019 01:40

Dan
Xam
Dan
Xam

Sec C, Row 1 $5113.00
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec C, Row 5 $1554
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket

so what?

It means the band can sell their own tickets for whatever they want. As can anyone else.

It should not be that way, it should be against the law to offer those tickets along side primary sale tickets. Ticketbastard is scalping tickets on their own site. It is a disgrace.

Date: June 12, 2019 01:44

And as more and more things go to mobile-tickets-only it will become more and more of a disgrace. They will have a monopoly of the ticket markets... and it is not going to be better for fans.

Date: June 12, 2019 01:44

Xam
Dan
Xam
Dan
Xam

Sec C, Row 1 $5113.00
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec C, Row 5 $1554
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket

so what?

It should not be that way, it should be against the law to offer those tickets along side primary sale tickets. Ticketbastard is scalping tickets on their own site. It is a disgrace.

Tickets are tickets. There really is no distinction between the 2 markets. It's up to the consumer to decide which tickets they want and what price point they want to pay. If they don't pay the price comes down.

The real disgrace is that Ticketmaster doesn't let you undercut their prices. So if you really can't make a show and paid $100 for tickets, you can't sell for $50 on Ticketmaster just to get something back.

Date: June 12, 2019 02:13

Dan

The real disgrace is that Ticketmaster doesn't let you undercut their prices. So if you really can't make a show and paid $100 for tickets, you can't sell for $50 on Ticketmaster just to get something back.

I am not sure how that is not price fixing... which is against the law... current laws, no new ones needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-12 02:14 by Xam.

Date: June 12, 2019 02:23

And to be perfectly clear, I have no issue with ticket scalping, ticket scalpers, people honestly buying tickets when they on sale and then reselling them at market prices. I happily will pay those prices... or not.

My problem is when the damned bands and ticketbastard collude to hold back tickets which should be (if it was all transparent and honest) sold to all comers when tickets go on sale. But they dont ever offer some of the tickets at face value.... they are only ever offered at scalper prices by the original seller. That is not honest scalping... that is a bunch of malarkey! Or as they say in South Park SHENANIGANS!

Date: June 12, 2019 02:27

Xam
And to be perfectly clear, I have no issue with ticket scalping, ticket scalpers, people honestly buying tickets when they on sale and then reselling them at market prices. I happily will pay those prices... or not.

My problem is when the damned bands and ticketbastard collude to hold back tickets which should be (if it was all transparent and honest) sold to all comers when tickets go on sale. But they dont ever offer some of the tickets at face value.... they are only ever offered at scalper prices by the original seller. That is not honest scalping... that is a bunch of malarkey! Or as they say in South Park SHENANIGANS!

the baseball team here in seattle does the same thing. ticket prices vary by when you buy them, who they are playing, what day of the week, special promotions, etc. the seats i like were $12 five years ago. now they are minimum $30 & can go to above $40. i'm boycotting this year. they gutted the team then 2 weeks later raised prices. they are charging top 5 prices for minor league ball. greed.

Date: June 12, 2019 02:38

crholmstrom
Xam

the baseball team here in seattle does the same thing. ticket prices vary by when you buy them, who they are playing, what day of the week, special promotions, etc. the seats i like were $12 five years ago. now they are minimum $30 & can go to above $40. i'm boycotting this year. they gutted the team then 2 weeks later raised prices. they are charging top 5 prices for minor league ball. greed.
They are just so absolutely certain sure they can do just about anything they want (gut the team, raise prices, $20-60 to park, $18.00 beers)(and be a losing team) and we will still come to the ballpark, no matter what... and then they pull out the ole "support your team" when needed.

The prices for entertainment in this country are out of whack.
At some point people may surprise them and simply stop going. Just like that.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 12, 2019 02:39

Dan

Seems a stretch to call that a disgrace, or even much of an issue really. For most, except for those that scalp, an issue like you describe would come up very rarely, or you're doing it wrong. In addition, Stubhub and other resellers fill that "void" pretty nicely. Seems pretty logical to not host a product that undercuts your own inventory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-12 02:42 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 12, 2019 10:43

Xam

Sec C, Row 1 $5113.00
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec C, Row 5 $1554
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket
Sec D, Row 1 $3988
Verified Resale Ticket

the most effective way to fight scalping is: NO MORE RESERVED SEATING

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 12, 2019 15:00

Glad it worked out for you and your family.

Re: Ticketmaster app saying I sold my tix??confused smiley
Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: June 12, 2019 15:08

TumblinDice76
This is exactly why I still get paper tickets. I don't trust anyone's websites. Too easy yo hack. Against my better judgement I bought tickets to Iron Maiden and they do not even have an option for paper tickets. All it takes is me hearing something odd like this happening to someone else to make me retire from concert going in the near future.

I agree.I'm a dinosaur from the age when you had to camp out all night or queue around the block(usually at the venue) to get a ticket. Seemed like a drag at the time but no better feeling than having that prized piece of paper in yer sweaty hand.smiling smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Re: Ticketmaster app saying I sold my tix??confused smiley
Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: June 12, 2019 16:37

As long as you get your tix scanned before they do you will get in. Make sure you're there early (unfortunately). Sorry for this happening to you. The other day I bought Pit2 for Houston at cost and when I looked at receipt it said I bought Pit1. Called TM and after some lame excuses by agent got my Pit2 ticket.

Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: June 12, 2019 16:38

Wow, so funny how this became a rant thread. Although shouldn't be too surprised smiling smiley. Regardless of how messed up the current business of tickets has become, Ticketmaster's fraud department came through and was able to provide new seats for me and my kids. They will now be able to experience to same thrills that I have been experiencing for 44 years and my father has since the bands inception. That's the coolest part and the most important fact. Three generations of the same family will be in the same building watching the same band that my father first heard on a transistor radio in Yonkers NY back in 1963.

Thanks again for all the support and well wishes. It helped me get through those trying 12 hours of not knowing what will happen. Hope to see some of you at the show in August if there is a meet up in the lot beforehand.

Best,
Ebalm

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 13, 2019 03:44

ebalm
Wow, so funny how this became a rant thread. Although shouldn't be too surprised smiling smiley. Regardless of how messed up the current business of tickets has become, Ticketmaster's fraud department came through and was able to provide new seats for me and my kids. They will now be able to experience to same thrills that I have been experiencing for 44 years and my father has since the bands inception. That's the coolest part and the most important fact. Three generations of the same family will be in the same building watching the same band that my father first heard on a transistor radio in Yonkers NY back in 1963.

Thanks again for all the support and well wishes. It helped me get through those trying 12 hours of not knowing what will happen. Hope to see some of you at the show in August if there is a meet up in the lot beforehand.

Best,
Ebalm

That's awesome that it all worked out for you, I hope you and your entire family have a wonderful show, and I only wish I could be there myself to share the experience!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 13, 2019 04:08

Call 1-800-IORR-ORG
!!!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home