Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Ticketmaster app saying I sold my tix??
Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: June 11, 2019 04:17

Hey all,

I was just looking at the Ticketmaster app on my phone and iPad and it’s saying I sold my tickets for one of the NJ shows, which believe me I did not. When I went on the actual website it shows they are still in my account. Tried calling customer service but they are closed. Quite upset and nervous as these are of course the tickets I got to take my kids, 7 and 13, to their first show. This ever happen to anyone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 15:43 by bv.

Re: Ticketmaster app saying I sold my tix??confused smiley
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 11, 2019 05:03

ebalm
Hey all,

I was just looking at the Ticketmaster app on my phone and iPad and it’s saying I sold my tickets for one of the NJ shows, which believe me I did not. When I went on the actual website it shows they are still in my account. Tried calling customer service but they are closed. Quite upset and nervous as these are of course the tickets I got to take my kids, 7 and 13, to their first show. This ever happen to anyone?
/

Not happened to me ebalm, but I wouldn't be too concerned, for a few reasons..
First, it's not unusual for the app and the actual account not to be "in sync" all of the time. The app has glitches like this occasionally from what I've read here and elsewhere.
Secondly, you have in your records the receipt no doubt, and if somehow the order got "lost" (extremely unlikely) from their system, you would likely be made whole and luckily there's plenty of time to sort through if needed.
Lastly, if they are showing in your regular account, they are there cool smiley
I would log out of app and back in a few times, they may reappear.

Date: June 11, 2019 05:09

I am chatting right now with their chat feature on the website and the rep is saying the tickets were sold but they have no information on the sale. So now I am truly worred

Date: June 11, 2019 05:11

Welp.

Date: June 11, 2019 05:47

They opened up an investigation. I am going to call tomorrow during business hours and see what comes of that. Fingers crossed. What gets me so upset is that my kids are going to be the ones to suffer. I’ve seen the band over 30 times but it was the first and probably only time my kids would be able to go.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 11, 2019 05:55

Did you list them for resale on Ticketmaster? All it takes is a click of the button after the original purchase

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 11, 2019 06:01

There's no way if you purchased them they can allow some BS to screw you out of your tix. You're going to the show man, just follow up and waste your time handling it

Date: June 11, 2019 06:04

Cooltoplady
Did you list them for resale on Ticketmaster? All it takes is a click of the button after the original purchase
No and I checked there is no listing in my account of my selling them or listing them but they are still marked as sold. The rep said they might have been sold through ticketsnow.com but I checked there and there is no record there of any sales.i am going to call tomorrow wheI can speak to a perso . Something doesn’t add up. Even if someone did hack my account there would still be a record or if.

Date: June 11, 2019 06:06

Thanks man. Appreciate the good vibes. Again it is not me I am upset about. It’s my kids. Thanks for the support!

Date: June 11, 2019 06:07

J.J.Flash
There's no way if you purchased them they can allow some BS to screw you out of your tix. You're going to the show man, just follow up and waste your time handling it
Thanks man appreciate the good vibes. Again it is not me I am upset about it is my kids. Fingers crossed I get some answers.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 11, 2019 06:09

ebalm
Thanks man. Appreciate the good vibes. Again it is not me I am upset about. It’s my kids. Thanks for the support!

Please let us know what happens. I hate hearing stuff like this.

Date: June 11, 2019 06:10

More Hot Rocks
ebalm

Please let us know what happens. I hate hearing stuff like this.

I definitely will. Thanks everyone

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 06:19

This is exactly why I still get paper tickets. I don't trust anyone's websites. Too easy yo hack. Against my better judgement I bought tickets to Iron Maiden and they do not even have an option for paper tickets. All it takes is me hearing something odd like this happening to someone else to make me retire from concert going in the near future.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 11, 2019 06:35

TumblinDice76
This is exactly why I still get paper tickets. I don't trust anyone's websites. Too easy yo hack. Against my better judgement I bought tickets to Iron Maiden and they do not even have an option for paper tickets. All it takes is me hearing something odd like this happening to someone else to make me retire from concert going in the near future.
In the states every MLB and NFL team now require all tickets be purchased electronically and you have to take your phone to the games to use the tickets. I am retired from ever going to another MLB or NFL game. They can take that @#$%& policy and shove it so far up...

[www.google.com]

[www.google.com]

When concerts go mobile tickets only I will never go to another concert. period

It is only like this because they have figured out how to scalp their own tickets and do not want any competition to the scalping. @#$%& everything about this crap.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 06:48

I hear ya Xam. I'm 43 so I'm not exactly an old timer quite yet (or maybe so!) But simetimes I like to leave my phone behind, you know enjoy things without checking my phone. Major league sports priced me out of going a few years ago. I have a 55 inch TV, I can watch games just fine from my couch. Comcerts though, I can't enjoy from my couch...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 11, 2019 07:07

ebalm
Hey all,

I have heard of it happening.

Someone got ahold of the barcodes and sold them that way.

At least you caught it now so they can investigate and find out who sold them or invalidate the resold tickets and return them to you. They might switch them to will call on you.

Posted by: Xam ()

TumblinDice76
I hear ya Xam. I'm 43 so I'm not exactly an old timer quite yet (or maybe so!) But simetimes I like to leave my phone behind, you know enjoy things without checking my phone. Major league sports priced me out of going a few years ago. I have a 55 inch TV, I can watch games just fine from my couch. Comcerts though, I can't enjoy from my couch...
In the last 25 years 80-90% of the time I have bought my concert tickets outside the venue, hours-to-minutes away from show time. The only time I would buy early is when the tickets were priced right and I could own a killer seat guaranteed. And it has worked perfect. I love the excitement of going ticketless to a concert. Walking up, finding the sellers, checking the prices, looking around for who has the good seats and happily paying a lil more than the average person as I pretty quickly hand someone money/hand me great tickets.

The way it looks now it seems like that is how I will be going to 3-5 Stones shows coming up... after that... who knows? I am just happy this tour is not mobile only, I was hoping it would not be.

I despise ticketbastard... they are....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 07:09 by Xam.

Posted by: Hairball ()

Wow this is disturbing...hope everything works out.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: June 11, 2019 07:12

I have the complete opposite happening...

I have refunded my Chicago LD Tickets - and been paid the $$$...but they still show in my List of concerts Im attending on TM...except they do now have a value of $0. I would have thought they would have deleted this from my account...but I guess it will only disappear after show day.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Date: June 11, 2019 07:16

Dan
ebalm
Hey all,

I have heard of it happening.

Someone got ahold of the barcodes and sold them that way.

At least you caught it now so they can investigate and find out who sold them or invalidate the resold tickets and return them to you. They might switch them to will call on you.

Jeez I hope they can do something like that. I got these tix the day they went on sale. Really don’t want to have go through stubhub or something like that.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: June 11, 2019 08:07

Oh this is awful. You didn't share photos (social media, fan sites) of the tickets with the barcodes, did you? Or does anyone know your log-in for Ticketmaster? Or if you used a public computer? I can't imagine how this would happen. Hackers seem improbable to me.

Keep up the fight and I'm sure it'll all work out.

Date: June 11, 2019 15:22

cyclist
Oh this is awful. You didn't share photos (social media, fan sites) of the tickets with the barcodes, did you? Or does anyone know your log-in for Ticketmaster? Or if you used a public computer? I can't imagine how this would happen. Hackers seem improbable to me.

Keep up the fight and I'm sure it'll all work out.

No nothing like that. Will see what they say this morning

Date: June 11, 2019 16:45

So I just spoke to the fraud department, someone hacked into my account in March and stole the bar codes, then sold the tickets on another site. Since the buyer was a good buyer they cant get the tickets back, THe agent said that she was going to speak to her manager to find me four other seats for the show, which I personally dont know how they will do since the show is sold out unless they keep some aside. Will update more info when I get some.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 11, 2019 16:50

ebalm
So I just spoke to the fraud department, someone hacked into my account in March and stole the bar codes, then sold the tickets on another site. Since the buyer was a good buyer they cant get the tickets back, THe agent said that she was going to speak to her manager to find me four other seats for the show, which I personally dont know how they will do since the show is sold out unless they keep some aside. Will update more info when I get some.

ask for pit tickets (there are plenty) or at least for some upgrade.

Re: Ticketmaster app saying I sold my tix??
Posted by: Ellipooh ()
Date: June 11, 2019 17:07

Not that I am a lawyer or anything, but it is the purchaser of fraudulent tickets who is the one out of luck. You should be credited with the original tickets.

But you may want to see if you can score an upgrade through their efforts...

***Can't you hear me knocking?***

Date: June 11, 2019 17:09

slewan
ebalm

Lol if it was just me and friends I definately would but I am taking my kids who are 13 and 7. My 13 yr old daughter would love it but my 7 year old would not be a fan. As long as we get in we will be happy.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 11, 2019 18:02

ebalm
slewan
ebalm

Lol if it was just me and friends I definately would but I am taking my kids who are 13 and 7. My 13 yr old daughter would love it but my 7 year old would not be a fan. As long as we get in we will be happy.

I didn't mean this as joke. Anyway - there's always a pool of tickets held back (some end up in the LD pot, some go on sale shortly before the show. If I were you I wouldn't accept seat that are not as least equivalent to those that were stolen away from you. Explain the situation with you kids to TM…

Date: June 11, 2019 18:06

slewan
ebalm
slewan
ebalm

They are giving me seats a 2 sections over and 10 rows down closer than where I was. Just waiting now for them to appear in my account. Will be nice to breathe again.

I didn't mean this as joke. Anyway - there's always a pool of tickets held back (some end up in the LD pot, some go on sale shortly before the show. If I were you I wouldn't accept seat that are not as least equivalent to those that were stolen away from you. Explain the situation with you kids to TM…

Date: June 11, 2019 18:16

Glad it worked out (or will soon) for you all, ebalm.

As much as we all rightfully complain about TM, it is good to know that when worse case scenarios happen they have your back. If this had happened with a reseller, I doubt the outcome would have been good. Hope they somehow catch the thief.

UPATED Ticketmaster app saying I sold my tix??confused smiley
Date: June 11, 2019 18:25

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support over the past 14 hours. Ticketmaster sent me the new tickets. I want to double down on what MisterDDDD said. No one is more surprised than me that this worked out so well and so quickly. Not sure how the account was hacked but I will be changing my passwords on a weekly if not semidaily basis between now and the show. Time to breathe and rock! Hope to see some of you at the show.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1114
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home