Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Who is Mick's closest friend?
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 3, 2019 16:17

The whole Mick/Anita thing is completely overblown :
- Keith's relationship for most of the time was pretty open, par for the course in those times and the circles they mixed in
- Performance was work;in Cinema lots of things happen on set...in the name of Art
- Within a few months they were going on holiday to South America, which as we know too well was a very productive time for their songwriting partnership.

The cracks only started to appear in 1971/2 (Bianca, Exile and hard drugs)

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 3, 2019 17:09

jlowe
The whole Mick/Anita thing is completely overblown :
- Keith's relationship for most of the time was pretty open, par for the course in those times and the circles they mixed in
- Performance was work;in Cinema lots of things happen on set...in the name of Art
- Within a few months they were going on holiday to South America, which as we know too well was a very productive time for their songwriting partnership.

The cracks only started to appear in 1971/2 (Bianca, Exile and hard drugs)

Yeah i suppose so, although Mick sleeping with her might have been a game changer, we are not talking about anyone, Mick was like a brother to Keith so it's a lttle bit different.

But agree with you that the cracks started to show when Bianca arrived on the scene, for sure the hard drugs Keith was consuming would have been enough on it's own for Mick to run for cover and distance himself from Keith. Mick was only ever playing the game of being the Rock star, Keith became the living embodiment of one.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 3, 2019 17:59

Philosophy pondering/ things that make you go ‘hmmmm’:

‘Mick was only ever playing the game of being the Rock star, Keith became the living embodiment of one.’

If you ‘play’ at something often enough, let’s admit, it IS you.
It becomes you.
Very nice to think we can compartmentalize it all and keep it separate,
but it is still YOU.

‘Baby I’m A Star’
Prince RIP

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 3, 2019 18:26

Joyce Smith..

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 11, 2019 17:24

I remember an interview a long, long time ago, Mick saying he had nothing to complain of in his life, because, among other things, he got to be with "my dearest friends...Keith and Charlie."

I wonder if he is still friends with Nicky Haslam and Christopher Gibb.

Date: June 11, 2019 18:35

Bliss
I remember an interview a long, long time ago, Mick saying he had nothing to complain of in his life, because, among other things, he got to be with "my dearest friends...Keith and Charlie."

I wonder if he is still friends with Nicky Haslam and Christopher Gibb.

Probably not with Mr Gibb, who died in 2018.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: June 12, 2019 12:31

James Jagger, Matt Clifford, L. Touch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-12 12:32 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 12, 2019 20:20

If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say it would be someone like Dave Stewart, or Pete Townshend....or even Jerry Hall until she married that dolt, Murdock, who Mick has said is not a friend of his! Mick is not a fan of the ultra-conservatives. Jerry Hall always seemed to have Mick's back...and I was never a Jerry fan but she seemed to be a comfort to Mick and that counts for a lot. I wonder if Charlie is a real friend of his...I'm leaning towards YES!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 12, 2019 20:33

mickschix
If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say it would be someone like Dave Stewart, or Pete Townshend....or even Jerry Hall until she married that dolt, Murdock, who Mick has said is not a friend of his! Mick is not a fan of the ultra-conservatives. Jerry Hall always seemed to have Mick's back...and I was never a Jerry fan but she seemed to be a comfort to Mick and that counts for a lot. I wonder if Charlie is a real friend of his...I'm leaning towards YES!

I don't get the point, Murdock, regardless of the media he owns, is NOT ultra-conservative, in fact he is not even a conservative.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 12, 2019 20:48

I am not going to get political because BV is very against posts that express political views but BLUZDUDE, all I will say is you're wrong about Murdock. Check out FOX news and do a bit of GOOGLING. He is the perfect NEOCAN that Mick wrote about.
Check out this link that goes into great detail about his party affiliations.
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-12 20:53 by mickschix.

Date: June 12, 2019 23:15

Mick's closest friend: his mirror ?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2019 00:50

^^^^^^ …. now that's not very nice ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 13, 2019 01:22

Funnily enough Sir Rupert is a Knight Commander too. Of The Holy See.
He also is a Companion of the Order of Australia. So maybe he outranks
Sir Michael?

Pro Deo et Principe ("For God and Ruler")

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-13 01:28 by Stoneage.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 13, 2019 02:06

Probably his bodyguard. Or whoever he attends a soccer match with.

When Melanie was mentioned on page one I thought they were talking about the American folk singer Melanie Safka the one that sang at Woodstock "Brand New Key" and "Lay Down".

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 13, 2019 02:11

Probably his latest lover. I can't keep track of all of them. Is it Melanie?

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: June 13, 2019 02:34

Neither Melanie nor Noor. Speaking of Melanies, I read recently that a song by the original Melanie, "Look What They've Done To My Song, Ma" was not about a record company mangling a song, like I always thought. It was about the town of Song My destroyed in the My Lai massacre.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-13 08:28 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 13, 2019 04:59

He and Rick Rubin 'go way back' .. ....

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 13, 2019 06:56

Stoneage
Probably his latest lover. I can't keep track of all of them. Is it Melanie?

Is this a joke? Mick has next to nothing in common with Melanie Hambrick. He probably doesn't even have any deep conversations with her. What would they even talk about except for the care of their son? She is just a prop in his life.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: June 13, 2019 06:58

Well i,m shore it,s not Keithsman

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 13, 2019 09:59

NICOS
I'm not sure about his best friend................ but Jeff Lynne comes to mind as a good friend

Didn't realise they was even close, good to read thou.

Date: June 13, 2019 12:42

Considering that "friendship/friend" is a indefinite, indeteminate concept....this question is almost impossible to answer...I guess he has a little bunch of friends, as everybody has. Although He´s lived so strange life (Compared to ours, regular human beings..) that "friend" in Mick´s World may mean somethig not understandable for us.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 13, 2019 16:23

chatoyancy
James Jagger, Matt Clifford, L. Touch

Well, we know who James Jagger and Matt Clifford are..but who is L. Touch?

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 13, 2019 18:20

35love
bv
I am sure Mick has got a private life and private friends. And of course family. We all love the Stones, but I have always wished for them to have their private life private, and not stalked and staked out here or other public places.

Do you find it ironic that you have been ‘stalking’ the band, every show every tour, providing information to the fans of their comings and goings thru print then the change over to internet for ...
what has it been BV,
40 years?
Good grief.
You are 1 of a kind, to go with the 1 of a kind band.
That’s all I got.
WORD!

Date: June 13, 2019 19:31

Yes, and most biographies reveal little about their lives away from 'work' and other public appearances. Often just a resume of career moves and the latest tabloid interest.
I mean what does Mick do when he is in London (his main residence these days). Charlie lives nearby, also Bill and Ronnie but do they ever meet up. What would a 'normal day' be like? Hobbies? Friends? Who knows.Certainly not clubbing or a trip to the local pub as in the 60's.

A new biography of Dylan has just been published, written by childhood friend Louis Kemp. He was involved in the Rolling Thunder tour (nice coincidence) and Dylan was best man at his wedding.
But apparantly he hasn't seen his 'friend' for 10 years. Kemp isn't saying why and of course Dylan wont reveal anything.
I guess the sort of lives Mick and Dylan and others lead can make it more difficult to hold down friends (as distinct from work related 'friends') over a sustained period.

Remember the Randy Newman song: 'Its lonely at the top'. Well maybe in some respects.

Posted by: Bobberian ()
Date: June 13, 2019 19:32

Absolutely none of our business.

Bob
“All dried up dying to get wet”

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: June 13, 2019 20:06

Fame is his closest friend. It’s lonely at the top.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 13, 2019 21:01

keefgotsoul

Fame is more of a frenemy to Mick IMHO. He's not out there whoring his life out day in/day out. It's not his fault that people want to take his picture everytime he leaves the house. Unless there's something he's promoting in which case he's the biggest whore out there (not that there's anything wrong with whoring).

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 13, 2019 21:05

CindyC
keefgotsoul

Fame is more of a frenemy to Mick IMHO. He's not out there whoring his life out day in/day out. It's not his fault that people want to take his picture everytime he leaves the house. Unless there's something he's promoting in which case he's the biggest whore out there (not that there's anything wrong with whoring).

Agreed. Whewer we to judge?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 13, 2019 22:29

IanBillen
He and Rick Rubin 'go way back' .. ....

I have been waiting for a Rick Rubin Stones album for years.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 13, 2019 22:50

ryanpow
CindyC
keefgotsoul

Agreed. Whewer we to judge?

If not us, who? grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home