Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Best Stones Outtakes
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 2, 2019 19:39

DandelionPowderman

It's not from 1964. Taylor plays on it, doesn't he? Keith did the lead guitar, though.

Zntgraf says it's from 64 and Big Jim Sullivan plays on it...

Date: June 2, 2019 19:49

dcba
DandelionPowderman

It's not from 1964. Taylor plays on it, doesn't he? Keith did the lead guitar, though.

Zntgraf says it's from 64 and Big Jim Sullivan plays on it...

It's on all the bootleg compilations from round 1969. Ultra Rare Trax etc...

It sounds that way, too, imo.

Date: June 2, 2019 20:52

I doubt they could use that Leslie-effect on the guitar in 1964 as well smiling smiley

Date: June 2, 2019 21:03

DandelionPowderman
I doubt they could use that Leslie-effect on the guitar in 1964 as well smiling smiley

Where do you hear a Leslie? Taylor? Maybe we're not talking about the same track.I could easily see this as Keith getting a workout on acoustic. I used to think it was him wood shedding. And doing groundwork for using strings; how that works out etc. maybe it was a song, maybe an excercise.

Date: June 2, 2019 21:14

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

Where do you hear a Leslie? Taylor? Maybe we're not talking about the same track.I could easily see this as Keith getting a workout on acoustic. I used to think it was him wood shedding. And doing groundwork for using strings; how that works out etc. maybe it was a song, maybe an excercise.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 2, 2019 21:16

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

Dandy, are you talking about Hear It or Leather Jacket?
Hear It is from '64 and Leather Jacket has Taylor on it.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: June 2, 2019 21:18

DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

[youtu.be]

yeah Powderman, that's what I thought that we got crossed up. I think those posts were about "Hear It". I am glad that Taylor ended up finishing "Leather Jacket', although I see it as about Keith, not Jagger.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2019 21:18

Yeah some confusion....

Hear It

Date: June 2, 2019 21:19

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

[youtu.be]

yeah Powderman, that's what I thought that we got crossed up. I think those posts were about "Hear It". I am glad that Taylor ended up finishing "Leather Jacket', although I see it as about Keith, not Jagger.

Ah, thanks, sorry! I blame the meds grinning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 2, 2019 21:39

DandelionPowderman

Ah, thanks, sorry! I blame the meds grinning smiley

You are sentenced to listening to Bill Wyman's "Green Ice" three times in a row!

Date: June 2, 2019 21:41

grinning smiley

Posted by: woodyweaving ()
Date: June 3, 2019 05:50

My favourites;
A different kind
Golden Caddy
Leather Jacket
Almost Hear You Sigh (Keith Vocal)
Act Together
Beast of Burden (Falsetto Demo)
Train Song
Give Me A Hamburger to Go
I Think I'm Going Mad (There's a slower tempo version)
Never Let Her Go
What Gives You The Right

Side Note:
Has anybody managed to find a copy of I Think I'm going Mad with Keith's vocal in good quality? The only mixes I can find are muddy at best.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: June 3, 2019 19:52

Traveling Man
I Don't Know The Reason Why
Criss Cross Mind
Drift Away
Get Yourself Together
Reelin' And Rockin'
Down In The Bottom
Goodbye Girl
Key To The Highway
Looking Tired
High Heel Sneakers
Tell Me Baby How Many More Times
Jumpin' Jack Flash (video version)
Lonely At The Top
Linda Lou
Blood Red Wine
Highway Child
Fiji Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-03 20:00 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 4, 2019 00:08

DandelionPowderman

Where did you hear that one?

am i misremembering that one? its been a while since ive taken them out; i thought i had that on one of the Ultra rare tax discs.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 4, 2019 03:16

Traveling Man

Date: June 6, 2019 19:24

HMS
There are so many, but the studio-outtakes are mostly of bad soundquality, so I just listened to them once. (I am far from knowing all that might exist) Not even the Dirty-Work-outtakes do much for me, the soundquality sucks... Genereally most "songs" (all of the outtakes, not only DW-outtakes) seem not finished and only a very few are actually good songs.
I like GS with Keith on vocals, Love Is Strong (or is it YGMR?) with Keith on vocals, Honest Man and maybe a few others which I don´t remember at the moment. Usually I don´t care too much for stuff the Stones themselves cosidered as not worth relaeasing or/and completing ( you only have to take a look at the 2002-outtakes and you know what I mean... more or less a waste of time listening to them).

What is so interesting IMO is to hear Keith do "Gimme Shelter" or "Love is Strong" to the exact same backing track that Jagger uses. And it's in the phrasing, the implied hums and grunts in between words, but in Keith's versions the beat changes. It sounds faster, and swings more. It is neither better nor worse, it is fascinating. It's just one of the lessons from the Outtakes.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 6, 2019 20:53

You Should've Seen Her Ass GHS sessions
[www.youtube.com]

Living In The Heart Of Love IORR sessions
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 6, 2019 21:13

If this is a vote, my 2 please:
‘Almost Hear You Sigh’ Keith vocal
‘Beast of Burden’ falsetto demo

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 7, 2019 02:04

Any way you slice it.....the outtakes we know of could produce at least 2 decent albums if finished.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 7, 2019 02:39

I just purchased the CD
RS Rarities 1971-2003
a release thru Starbucks (and Virgin) 2005
I did pick up a ‘RS’ labeled CD from SB coffee shop but it was supposedly their favorite songs by other artists, anyway,
I like official backup nowadays
and Apple said ‘Bye’ to iTunes I thought do all my ‘in the air’ purchases I made go too?
So,
even if it’s been a bootlegger item for serious fans,
sanctioned and viable material to keep it on please (vinyl CD releases)

Posted by: fela ()
Date: June 7, 2019 19:01

Up Against The Wall

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: June 7, 2019 19:05

I wish someone could post a comprehensive list by year, or link a website. That would be the easiest way to explore the unreleased treasure.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 7, 2019 20:18

There used to be a great poster here, UrbanSteel (Jos, I think...) who used to have a link to a very detailed year by year list of studio/live shows. I think you could click your desired choice to download the material.

So organsied and so great!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 7, 2019 20:24

The two I listen to most in the last few years are Dancing in the Light instrumental from the Let It Bleed sessions (not the EOMS redux) and It's Cold Down There. I love the groove on both of these. Most excellent.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: June 7, 2019 21:19

peoplewitheyes
There used to be a great poster here, UrbanSteel (Jos, I think...) who used to have a link to a very detailed year by year list of studio/live shows. I think you could click your desired choice to download the material.

So organsied and so great!

Wow thats amazing! Please come back UrbanSteel!!!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home