Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: PIT ADVICE
Date: July 9, 2019 13:20

bv
The pit is easy to live in as long as you live by these very basic rules:

1. Do not drink during the last hour before you enter, be ready
2. Do not enter after 7pm if you really want to choose your spot
3. Do not try to move away others who have been there since 6pm
4. Be prepared to be body to body with others you don't know
5. Smile and be happy, don't be aggressive or territorial

If you can't live by these rules, then get a seat. It is all yours.

In a way this almost a micro wrap up of our times, and how they've changed.
I do recall the exact opposite of all 5 points being SOP in late 80's.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 9, 2019 18:13

Only been in the pit once and that was pit 1 for opening night in Chicago. I didn't find it unbearably crowded and you could move toward the back if you wanted more room. I don't like being in a crush of people at all and didn't feel that way in pit 1. For sure when moved up toward the middle there were lots of people but could easily be avoided by hanging back a bit and still felt like a club show b/c you are still very close with great sight lines. Not sure what all the discussion is about the height of the stage but I am only 5'8'' and had zero problems seeing. It was a great experience.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 9, 2019 18:38

Time was that FOS was a "rite of passage" ...something of an ordeal but an electric experience .

But we're all now a bit old for that and "the pit" is something of a sanitised version for the frail and weak of bladder grinning smiley.

...oh....and fat of wallet !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-09 18:40 by Spud.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2019 19:15

Spud
Time was that FOS was a "rite of passage" ...something of an ordeal but an electric experience .

But we're all now a bit old for that and "the pit" is something of a sanitised version for the frail and weak of bladder grinning smiley.

True, it used to be survival of the fittest, and I find it oddly amusing that some complain about it being over crowded, etc.
PIT is SRO as it should be - standing room only. Not sure what some people expect...a recliner and a pair of slippers? And maybe waiters walking through with trays of fancy hors d'oeuvres and bottles of champagne?
Jeez....we're all getting older, but being in the PIT demands some courage and strength - no room for pussyfooting - even at a Stones show where a majority of the crowd is 50+ yrs. old!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-09 19:18 by Hairball.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 19:23

Apples and oranges.. Time was pit or front of stage for big shows was same price as anything else and it was a fun battle.. Now that it's $500+ I WOULD like some slippers and a glass of champagne, or at least an emoji of slippers & champagne sent along with my TM fees, or even an invite to the TM annual investors Christmas party (aren't we investors at this point?)

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: July 9, 2019 19:34

Appreciate all the advice here....pit 2 in Gillette was amazing. I felt it was the closest thing you can get to a club show...which is exactly how it felt down there, like you were seeing them in a big club. Im guessing that is the feel they are going for and even if it was not pre-conceived, it came off great. Very intimate, nice sight lines even from back rail which then turned into front row for b stage set. Sound was great...guitar tones were crunchy and in your face and it was nice to see the band having so much fun together. Keith is concentrating and its easy to see from the pit...love these guys. Thanks BV for the effort here its monstrous at times Im sure.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 9, 2019 19:37

Hairball
Spud

True, it used to be survival of the fittest, and I find it oddly amusing that some complain about it being over crowded, etc.
PIT is SRO as it should be - standing room only. Not sure what some people expect...a recliner and a pair of slippers? And maybe waiters walking through with trays of fancy hors d'oeuvres and bottles of champagne?
Jeez....we're all getting older, but being in the PIT demands some courage and strength - no room for pussyfooting - even at a Stones show where a majority of the crowd is 50+ yrs. old!!!

being in the PIT demands some courage and strength - no room for pussyfooting -

Which explains why you choose to buy/sit in the balcony chairs...
And then talk trash about people who were actually in the Pit and reported on it to help others eye rolling smiley

Date: July 9, 2019 19:44

snoopy2
Apples and oranges.. Time was pit or front of stage for big shows was same price as anything else and it was a fun battle.. Now that it's $500+ I WOULD like some slippers and a glass of champagne,
or at least an emoji of slippers & champagne sent along with my TM fees, or even an invite to the TM annual investors Christmas party (aren't we investors at this point?)

lol....

That'll cost you $500+ winking smiley

Date: July 9, 2019 19:53

Xam
Hairball
Spud

And then talk trash about people who were actually in the Pit and reported on it to help others eye rolling smiley

Pit - been there done that (clubs, theaters, arenas, and stadiums) but am hoping to get "lucky" with my lucky dips and placed in the Pit - can't justify paying anywhere near the asking face value price for a giant stadium.
If not, am happy with side view seats further back at a reasonable price for a show like this in a massive stadium as the seats are optimum to soak in all the visuals and better sound.

As for you (and the multiple usernames you've come up with), your whining and complaining was loud and clear, and clearly you couldn't handle what the Pit had to offer. Not sure that's helpful to anyone who has Pit tickets....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-09 19:53 by Hairball.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 9, 2019 19:56

Hairball
Xam
Hairball
Spud

Pit - been there done that (clubs, theaters, arenas, and stadiums) but am hoping to get "lucky" with my lucky dips and placed in the Pit - can't justify paying anywhere near the asking face value price for a giant stadium.
If not, am happy with side view seats further back at a reasonable price for a show like this in a massive stadium as the seats are optimum to soak in all the visuals and better sound.

As for you (and the multiple usernames you've come up with), your whining and complaining was loud and clear, and clearly you couldn't handle what the Pit had to offer. Not sure that's helpful to anyone who has Pit tickets....

Date: July 9, 2019 19:59

Look what the cat dragged in...looks like the troll is back...eye rolling smiley....

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 10, 2019 07:01

PaintitBlue
Appreciate all the advice here....pit 2 in Gillette was amazing. I felt it was the closest thing you can get to a club show...which is exactly how it felt down there, like you were seeing them in a big club. Im guessing that is the feel they are going for and even if it was not pre-conceived, it came off great. Very intimate, nice sight lines even from back rail which then turned into front row for b stage set. Sound was great...guitar tones were crunchy and in your face and it was nice to see the band having so much fun together. Keith is concentrating and its easy to see from the pit...love these guys. Thanks BV for the effort here its monstrous at times Im sure.

Excellent, just what I was hoping to hear!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: July 10, 2019 14:16

Aquamarine
PaintitBlue

Excellent, just what I was hoping to hear!

Yes its easy to second guess when you read some of the comments in here but go see for yourself....you will be glad you did.

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: July 16, 2019 21:11

Are people easily drinking beers and going to and from restrooms in the pit? Or is it once you are there, you are there and you need to stay? Just curious. Looks like Jacksonville Pit is going to be crowded. Might need to take in a flask? lol

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 16, 2019 21:26

muncy23
Are people easily drinking beers and going to and from restrooms in the pit? Or is it once you are there, you are there and you need to stay? Just curious. Looks like Jacksonville Pit is going to be crowded. Might need to take in a flask? lol

Depends a bit on whether you are solo or with a group etc., but generally speaking, no it's not easy to come and go from the pit and still retain your spot.

They do send vendors into the pit with beverages to purchase in between sets etc.
(at least at both Chicago shows) But then you run the risk of needing a restroom break, so I opt out.

Date: July 16, 2019 21:30

Thanks. Good advice

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 16, 2019 21:31

Muncy--not sure if you are asking if it is easy to retain your spot or if it is easy to go in and out of the pit. The answers are yes, it is easy to go in and out for restrooms/refreshments but no you likely will not be able to retain your spot if you have a good one. It is pretty crowded so there is really no way to retain it. However, if you don't mind hanging toward the back, which is awesome by the way (I have done both all the way up front and hanging in the back), it's easy to come and go stress free.

Date: July 16, 2019 22:09

keefmick
Muncy--not sure if you are asking if it is easy to retain your spot or if it is easy to go in and out of the pit. The answers are yes, it is easy to go in and out for restrooms/refreshments but no you likely will not be able to retain your spot if you have a good one. It is pretty crowded so there is really no way to retain it. However, if you don't mind hanging toward the back, which is awesome by the way (I have done both all the way up front and hanging in the back), it's easy to come and go stress free.

Cool. I was basically asking both.. That's more along the lines of what i was thinking it would be like. Sounds like a good plan!

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: July 17, 2019 15:43

Here is what the PIT on Keiths side looked like at FEDEX FIELD -- time was 7:45 pm. I didn't take many photo's --- the show was unbelievably good. Really exceeded all of my expectations....which weren't low. I am so glad I went.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-17 14:30 by onestep.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: July 17, 2019 20:02

You can get in and out easily until it gets crowded, people are good about saving spots from what I’ve seen.

Pit, which side do you recommend?
Posted by: britstones ()
Date: February 6, 2020 23:01

Hello all. Sorry if this has been covered before. I'm going to try for pit tickets for Vancouver. I have attended all the Vancouver shows since 1989. I'm flying in from Alberta with my beautiful better half for her first Stones show, and want to go all in.
Now which side would you recommend? Does Keith go over to Ronnie's side much anymore or does Ronnie do most of the wandering?
Thanks

Re: Pit, which side do you recommend?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 6, 2020 23:06

See here: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: February 7, 2020 00:23

Thank you!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 7, 2020 00:41

Near the catwalk in the middle,
there you can see Charlie. I will
never understand why people are
front row without seeing him.

Date: February 7, 2020 00:43

Either, or...both good.
I prefer Keith's side - back rail of Pit preferably.

EDIT: What TooTough said. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-07 00:44 by Hairball.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: February 7, 2020 06:08

I think Mick spends a lot more time on Ronnie's side. Does anyone else agree or disagree? I like to see as much of Mick as I can.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 06:39

OhYesMeAgain
I think Mick spends a lot more time on Ronnie's side. Does anyone else agree or disagree? I like to see as much of Mick as I can.

I noticed this after being on Ronnie’s side at both MetLife Stadium last summer, therefore I prefer Ronnie’s side. I was on Keith’s side 4 times before those shows though.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: February 7, 2020 06:47

Amy340
OhYesMeAgain

I noticed this after being on Ronnie’s side at both MetLife Stadium last summer, therefore I prefer Ronnie’s side. I was on Keith’s side 4 times before those shows though.

I have always gone on Ronnie's side (to see Mick). Just to try it out, I might go on Keith's side on one of the upcoming shows.

Date: February 7, 2020 07:32

Seems to me Mick spends most of his time in the middle- especially these days where he's more subdued and less active than he used to be.
Quite a bit of time at the base of the catwalk, and also venturing out on the catwalk while alone for the most part (Miss You comes to mind).

Posted by: curt ()
Date: February 7, 2020 09:55

Either side works if you want to be close, however there are different sight lines on each of the sides. You will see less of Mr. Watts from Keith's side...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1326
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home