Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: PIT ADVICE
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 22, 2019 16:43

Xam
MichaelLassen
Seems to me like the attractive thing about the pit of being able to show up late and still have a good spot is now a thing of the past? Unsure of pulling the trigger for New York or Los Angeles now :-(
This was my plan/hopes... it did not work at all.

It was OK at first... but then PIT 1 sprung a leak and got packeder and packeder.... until it was packed front to back and center rail to over to about where the left video screen started. I planed on hanging out at the back on the pit at center stage, 10 feet off the center rail

The reality was moving further and further to the left for breathing space. And unless I missed them on my piss break Keef and Ronnie NEVER came over to say Hi. Mick came over to the left side one time.

Sorry that your pit experience did not turn out well, Xam. It's good to know though as I have been going back and forth on getting a pit tix for DC. Perhaps it's better to take my chances with the LD tickets I have or get a seat as close as I can afford?

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: June 22, 2019 18:51

Looking at how far away the last people in the pit were, there’s no way I’m paying $500 or likely more to be that far away. Be it Stones or even if God came to deliver the updated 10 commandments with songs written and performed by resurected John Lennon and Brian Jones with a Cindy Crawford in her prime as a naked number girl;-)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 22, 2019 18:53

MichaelLassen
Looking at how far away the last people in the pit were, there’s no way I’m paying $500 or likely more to be that far away. Be it Stones or even if God came to deliver the updated 10 commandments with songs written and performed by resurected John Lennon and Brian Jones with a Cindy Crawford in her prime as a naked number girl;-)

when yu are first row in the pit, you are bout 3 to 4 metres from the Stones.
I will pay E 500 again, next time in europe.
jeroen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 22, 2019 19:01

Sorry to hear about this poor experience.
It reminds me of Pit A (or whatever it was called) at Hyde Park in 2013. Stretched all the way to the side and was extremely packed. In 2012 (obviously given the design) 2014, 2017 and 2018 it was a lot better and you could indeed show up at the last minute (well maybe 30' before the Stones) and still get a great spot pretty much anywhere you fancied.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 22, 2019 20:10

Saw the show from Pit 2. Got there around 6:30 pm. Pit was fairly empty. For this show, front row pit would not be my choice. Too many instructions - high stage, and a camera guy parked right in everyone’s view on Keith’s side. Ridiculous. VIP seats near the B stage would be great.

Date: June 22, 2019 20:20

I would be pissed if i payed top dollar for what would be a small pit but turned out a golden circle

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 22, 2019 20:37

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I would be pissed if i payed top dollar for what would be a small pit but turned out a golden circle

well, the pit seems to be a bigger at the sides but… see how it look at London last year => [iorr.org]
(the pit ends at the b-stage. The rail between the pit and the golden circle is where all those people are standing. And, yes, the large white/not yet filled space is the golden circle

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 22, 2019 20:56

Still, we are not talking about an arena show. Site lines are much favorable from the pit in an arena versus 50+ yards on each side versus 12 yards on each side for an arena.

Keep this in mind when purchasing tickets as you do not want to be dwarfed by the stage height itself, which is much higher at stadiums to accommodate all fans with sacrifices made by all regardless where you sit.

A stadium show - expect nothing - but I think with updated sound systems and video it will combine for an enjoyable experience.

Just go to the show with No Expectations! Yo may hear it

Date: June 22, 2019 21:41

slewan
PaintMonkeyManBlack

well, the pit seems to be a bigger at the sides but… see how it look at London last year => [iorr.org]
(the pit ends at the b-stage. The rail between the pit and the golden circle is where all those people are standing. And, yes, the large white/not yet filled space is the golden circle
Yes not the 2018 golden circle, but this pit is the same as the 2006/2007 europe golden circles (except maybe some very big gigs as copacabana and slane.

Date: June 22, 2019 22:43

Ok i overreacted. But still..

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: June 22, 2019 23:17

slewan
mjmjr
question for those that have been in pit in stadium setting......would it be ok for a 12 old in the pit?

problem might be that pit means standing for 2-3 hours

I was in pit 2 in Chicago last night, and was scoping that out because I have pit 1 for Seattle an plan on taking my 12 year old (who's just shy of 5' tall). I was thinking that the best tactic would be grabbing a spot along the back rail in the corner, right by the catwalk.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 23, 2019 00:37

If you can swing the cost, Pit is the best view, with different options that make it easy. The view is the best. Right in front of the B stage also may be close to as good as that semi unplugged up close experience stripped down is worth the price too...

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 23, 2019 01:06

latebloomer
Xam
MichaelLassen
Seems to me like the attractive thing about the pit of being able to show up late and still have a good spot is now a thing of the past? Unsure of pulling the trigger for New York or Los Angeles now :-(
This was my plan/hopes... it did not work at all.

It was OK at first... but then PIT 1 sprung a leak and got packeder and packeder.... until it was packed front to back and center rail to over to about where the left video screen started. I planed on hanging out at the back on the pit at center stage, 10 feet off the center rail

The reality was moving further and further to the left for breathing space. And unless I missed them on my piss break Keef and Ronnie NEVER came over to say Hi. Mick came over to the left side one time.

Sorry that your pit experience did not turn out well, Xam. It's good to know though as I have been going back and forth on getting a pit tix for DC. Perhaps it's better to take my chances with the LD tickets I have or get a seat as close as I can afford?
Thanks LB, it was an OK experience but simply not worth $500 to me. I suppose if one can get there early, and one wants to deal with grabbing on to the railway, be up close, never leave... and the stage is not too high... then maybe could work, but it seems for the money LDs are the way to go. It is $40/ticket and the show is built for far away. It sounds good and the screens make it look good from 100 yards away.... well worth $40/ticket.

Regular priced tickets are all over priced.
$375 for a far away balcony seat? Nope. That ticket is worth $80.00-$100.00
$150 to sit up stairs? Nope, that ticket is worth $30.00

But that wont bring in the money the band and ticketbastard requires... so I dont know.

I doubt Mick has ever walked out in to the pit himself and seen how it is from a fans eyes. That camera crane really does block a lot of view... and other things. I do not think Mick himself would pay $500 for a pit ticket and would probably call me stupid for buying it.

But I dont know... I have seen them live 30-40 times and I rate last night in the bottom half. And not because of the band. The band sounded great (except for "some parts")

Over all I am happy, I have the cash to throw out the window... but I wont do it again, it was not $500 worth of fun. And that is not based just the view or simply on the packed pit crowd... it was the type of (65% of the) people in that pit crowd. 65-75% of those people seemed oblivious that a concert was going on. It was... ah... I dont know.

I eventually abandoned the pit and walked to GA part in back for the rest of the show.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 02:05

That's the part that bothers me the most. The huge number of people that continuously talk, laugh, make jokes and totally ignore the show while they are in the Pit. For F's sake, why did you even come to the show? You are ruining it for the real fans and you couldn't care less!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 02:11

Xam, From my seat in 342, right above Ronnie's pit, I am not in doubt that it appeared to be filling further as the show progressed so anyone paying full price for a pit ticket has a right to feel aggrieved. Even in 342, the people sitting around Kurt and myself changed regularly and there were people standing in the aisles too, probably with tickets for other sections.

Great performance by the band, but the seating/standing management was poor. Another curiosity was that the 400 level on the West side (above me,) was absolutely packed solid. Cheap seats selling out fast?

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: June 23, 2019 04:22

Enough whining (whinging) already! Where's the best place to take in the show from Pit 1 for a first timer. Thank you

Date: June 23, 2019 04:43

grzegorz67
Xam, From my seat in 342, right above Ronnie's pit, I am not in doubt that it appeared to be filling further as the show progressed so anyone paying full price for a pit ticket has a right to feel aggrieved. Even in 342, the people sitting around Kurt and myself changed regularly and there were people standing in the aisles too, probably with tickets for other sections.

Great performance by the band, but the seating/standing management was poor. Another curiosity was that the 400 level on the West side (above me,) was absolutely packed solid. Cheap seats selling out fast?
It was a great performance by the band. smileys with beer THAT is what has always driven me to travel to see them. It was awesome to see him in perfect form. If I had not read he had recently (VERY recently) had open heart surgery I would have no idea, he was in classic form. Of course opening night is never the best performance of a tour, it never has been, it takes a few shows to start hitting on all cylinders... which is why one should always go to a few shows.

Date: June 23, 2019 05:48

ron091
That's the part that bothers me the most. The huge number of people that continuously talk, laugh, make jokes and totally ignore the show while they are in the Pit. For F's sake, why did you even come to the show? You are ruining it for the real fans and you couldn't care less!
And it does no good to suggest anything to them or even be mad at them. There seems to be no malice in them... they are like so many bad drivers, clueless, lost in their own little world, doing whatever they desire without ever considering that anyone else exists in the world.

Tailgaters do not see other cars as another person, we are just something blocking their way... and I happily do what I can to let them by so they can go tail gate someone else. They are destined 100% to rear end someone someday, it is inevitable. I assume the same people are the ones who keep bumping into everyone as they group up for another selfie... then all hi-five... then all look down at their phones to instafacetext the newly minted picture to whom/where/ever.

These clueless drunken fools could be doing their brainless shit anywhere and having just as much fun... but here they are... at a Stones show.

All the classic concert idiots were there last night (although the shirtless guy asking "hey man you got any papers or pipe?" was MIA)(maybe he was back in the cheap less expensive seats), but the crazy guy twirl dancing was there doing his insane epileptic zig zag circle dance, clueless as he bumps into people... as I retreated further to the left to avoid the noid, slide away from these nutters. It almost seems they are all hired to be as irritating as possible, because it seems hard to believe this many people can be this clueless, but alas...no. They are just brainless goofballs having the time of life, unaware they are being a pain in the ass, eyes closed prancing around to some music created somehow.

Then seeing/feeling the obnoxious crowd rammers who mindlessly shoving everyone aside pushing their way further up front (less of a matter to me(in back) than the person up front who those jerks will suddenly stop in front of, blocking their view)... and yes... that is much whining... whine whine whine... wha wha wha... whining. I admit it. wha wha wha.

It seems like it did not used to be like this. People used to actually watch the show, actually soak it in the show, appreciate it. Now it seems more like a Stones show is a bucket list thing... evidence by texting YO HOMIE WE BE HERE AT THE SHOW!!!! LOOK AT US!!!! texting selfie then yelling WOOOOO YO!!! DID YOU SEE ME TEXT ALL MY FRAT BROS!!!! I TOLD THEM THEY SUCK CUZ THEY AINT HERE!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA !!!! YO HIGH FIVE!!!! LETS TAKE ANOTHER PICTURE AND INSTAFACETEXT THAT TOO AGAIN!!!! YEEAHHHHHH!!!!! but first... HIGH FIVE!!!!! LETS DO IT!!!! HEY GIRLS GET IN THIS PICTURE TOOO!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 23, 2019 07:36

bear spray

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 23, 2019 08:26

Xam
ron091
And it does no good to suggest anything to them or even be mad at them. There seems to be no malice in them... they are like so many bad drivers, clueless, lost in their own little world, doing whatever they desire without ever considering that anyone else exists in the world.

Tailgaters do not see other cars as another person, we are just something blocking their way... and I happily do what I can to let them by so they can go tail gate someone else. They are destined 100% to rear end someone someday, it is inevitable. I assume the same people are the ones who keep bumping into everyone as they group up for another selfie... then all hi-five... then all look down at their phones to instafacetext the newly minted picture to whom/where/ever.

These clueless drunken fools could be doing their brainless shit anywhere and having just as much fun... but here they are... at a Stones show.

All the classic concert idiots were there last night (although the shirtless guy asking "hey man you got any papers or pipe?" was MIA)(maybe he was back in the cheap less expensive seats), but the crazy guy twirl dancing was there doing his insane epileptic zig zag circle dance, clueless as he bumps into people... as I retreated further to the left to avoid the noid, slide away from these nutters. It almost seems they are all hired to be as irritating as possible, because it seems hard to believe this many people can be this clueless, but alas...no. They are just brainless goofballs having the time of life, unaware they are being a pain in the ass, eyes closed prancing around to some music created somehow.

Then seeing/feeling the obnoxious crowd rammers who mindlessly shoving everyone aside pushing their way further up front (less of a matter to me(in back) than the person up front who those jerks will suddenly stop in front of, blocking their view)... and yes... that is much whining... whine whine whine... wha wha wha... whining. I admit it. wha wha wha.

It seems like it did not used to be like this. People used to actually watch the show, actually soak it in the show, appreciate it. Now it seems more like a Stones show is a bucket list thing... evidence by texting YO HOMIE WE BE HERE AT THE SHOW!!!! LOOK AT US!!!! texting selfie then yelling WOOOOO YO!!! DID YOU SEE ME TEXT ALL MY FRAT BROS!!!! I TOLD THEM THEY SUCK CUZ THEY AINT HERE!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA !!!! YO HIGH FIVE!!!! LETS TAKE ANOTHER PICTURE AND INSTAFACETEXT THAT TOO AGAIN!!!! YEEAHHHHHH!!!!! but first... HIGH FIVE!!!!! LETS DO IT!!!! HEY GIRLS GET IN THIS PICTURE TOOO!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

They say great art is created from pain-I know you’re pissed off but we have all benefited from your misfortune in the form of this post.
It is a thing of beauty,a situation is sized up perfectly,a-holes are called out,
Morons are put in their place.
My favorite lines were “all the classic concert idiots were there “and “these clueless drunken fools could be doing there brainless shit anywhere but here they are,at a Stones show”
I had a Lucky Dips gone horribly wrong experience in,I want to say 2013 at the arena in Anaheim.whatever the fck that things called.
My wife and I had unlucky dips,near the back row.i wouldn’t want to insult a trailer park full of methheads by comparing them to the people around us.
I’ve seen the Stones a bazillion times,”hey let’s sit back here and chill”we were in a cab about halfway through the show.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 23, 2019 08:56

[www.youtube.com]
Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsys - Machine Gun (Vinyl)

i meant this for the 'what are you listening to now' thread,
but it works here too i guess. lol,
i pasted it there. oops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 08:58 by hopkins.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 23, 2019 10:44

ron091

It's the same at all shows. I was at a great Gary Clark Jr show last night and it's amazing the number of tools talking at the top of their voice during the show to talk endlessly about god knows what. The only slight consolation a normal fan can get is that it must be painful to talk so loud and they have to be hoarse by the end of the show...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 23, 2019 11:02

lem motlow
They say great art is created from pain-I know you’re pissed off but we have all benefited from your misfortune in the form of this post.
It is a thing of beauty,a situation is sized up perfectly,a-holes are called out,
Morons are put in their place.
My favorite lines were “all the classic concert idiots were there “and “these clueless drunken fools could be doing there brainless shit anywhere but here they are,at a Stones show”
I had a Lucky Dips gone horribly wrong experience in,I want to say 2013 at the arena in Anaheim.whatever the fck that things called.
My wife and I had unlucky dips,near the back row.i wouldn’t want to insult a trailer park full of methheads by comparing them to the people around us.
I’ve seen the Stones a bazillion times,”hey let’s sit back here and chill”we were in a cab about halfway through the show.

I take that as a compliment lem, thanks smoking smiley

Date: June 23, 2019 11:15

gotdablouse
ron091

It's the same at all shows. I was at a great Gary Clark Jr show last night and it's amazing the number of tools talking at the top of their voice during the show to talk endlessly about god knows what. The only slight consolation a normal fan can get is that it must be painful to talk so loud and they have to be hoarse by the end of the show...
THIS^^
What the hell ARE they yakking about?
This is up front, very loud, they have to scream talk and STILL the buddy says WHAT!!!... And then the moron screamtalks again LOUDER!!!... and it goes on and on and on. WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT!? It is unnatural, if they wanna talk why not go somewhere quiet? It is just weird. I would hate to watch TV with these idiots.

And nothing anyone could say would make these morons STFU!
Ya just GOTTA MOVE away from them.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 16:06

I told many people to STFU in pit 2 on Friday. They think it’s a social gathering, especially when they play songs that aren’t normally played on the radio. Since they don’t know the songs they think it’s ok to just talk to their friends and ignore the show because it’s no longer entertaining to them. You have to speak up and tell them shut up, it’s the only way. Also other people think they can squirm upfront even though there’s no room: I was throwing elbows and shoving people back behind me when they tried getting up front during the show.
No matter where you go, when you go to an event where there’s 60,000 people, there’s going to be lots of idiots, it’s the nature of humanity.

The only talking that’s ok is singing the lyrics and a small chat in between songs.

Just gotta tell people if you’re not singing the lyrics then stfu!!

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: June 23, 2019 23:02

I had pit 1 for Friday, was not that crowded and you had room to dance and move if you wanted to. Saw some big time celebrities in pit 1 also. Not many people talking in Pit 1 also that I heard. Amazing time and will be in Pit 1 on Tuesday. Just my 2 cents...

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: June 24, 2019 00:07

1985jayer
I had pit 1 for Friday, was not that crowded and you had room to dance and move if you wanted to. Saw some big time celebrities in pit 1 also. Not many people talking in Pit 1 also that I heard. Amazing time and will be in Pit 1 on Tuesday. Just my 2 cents...

Thanks for the info and your experience sounds more like what one would expect. How early did you arrive to get your place in the pit?

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: June 26, 2019 14:16

I'm amazed how many of these tickets are still available for the D.C. show, and that was just looking at 1 ticket vendor...I wonder if it is like this in other cities? Is there a big rush to buy them right before the show?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 29, 2019 01:22

"but I wont do it again, it was not $500 worth of fun."

Seems I'm reading more and more of these reports.. Enough that I'm considering trading my New Orleans Pits for floor seats. I'm no longer one to get there hours early and fight/hold my small piece of real estate only to lose it as the show starts.. There is one slice of hope for this show though, the New Orleans pit seems much smaller than the other stadium layouts, at least on paper

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 29, 2019 01:26

Why not a luxury pit, or lounge rather. With leather sofas, drinks, snacks, air condition and full service? How much would you pay for that? $1000?

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home