Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: PIT ADVICE
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 30, 2019 10:14

Most important: Don't ask people around you what they payed for their pit tickets - otherwise you might find out that you are surrounded by Lucky Dippers who payed far less than you did.
(in case you got LD tickets don't tell other people what you payed – they will be frustrated when the find out that they payed up to 30 times more than you did. Therefore there's no price on LD tickets anymore)

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: May 30, 2019 15:31

We went to six shows in Europe last year, all in the pit.

Dublin and London were the first two, and we were close to the stage. There was room to move around. Since it was not overcrowded, it was really great.

We went to the last four in the pit, Marseille, Stuttgart, Prague and Warsaw.They were definitely more crowded, way more people in the pit than the first two shows.The Prague show was dangerously crowded on Keiths side. Bodies were jammed up against each other, no space in between. It was so bad we worked our way to the far right near the entrance so at least our body was not jammed against others. I hope the fire marshals don't allow that in the US. Not a fun experience, even seeing the best rock and roll band in the world.

We are doing nine shows, all in the pit.

This is why I am still working, to see the greatest band in the world in as many countries as possible. They are a great excuse to visit a new country.

Stonesdude

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 30, 2019 16:01

slewan
Most important: Don't ask people around you what they payed for their pit tickets - otherwise you might find out that you are surrounded by Lucky Dippers who payed far less than you did.
(in case you got LD tickets don't tell other people what you payed – they will be frustrated when the find out that they payed up to 30 times more than you did. Therefore there's no price on LD tickets anymore)

Meh.
Depends on the fans and how you express your joy, I suppose.

When my LD landed me in the pit in Manchester.. I excitedly mentioned it to a nearby fan and it then spread, and many/most fans were excited and happy for me, many high fives,new stones friends, and congrats!
As for myself, I am the same way, thrilled when a deserving fan gets a break and gets Lucky. Course, discretion is advised as not all would be thrilled as you say, but most hardcore fans will in my experience.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 30, 2019 16:19

Wear your IORR t-shirt! Then you will have a chance to meet other IOOR:ians. I'm sure there are some there.

If you want to that is. If you want to turn up incognito: Do not wear your IORR t-shirt. If you ever had one...

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: May 30, 2019 16:28

slewan

Great point! Good lord! Why would anyone bring up money. Hey you're glad to be there, you're glad to be anywhere!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 30, 2019 17:08

glmmr_twn
slewan

Great point! Good lord! Why would anyone bring up money. Hey you're glad to be there, you're glad to be anywhere!

Guy in the pit leaned over to me and said that his wife better appreciate what he had spent on the tickets followed up by...
"Can you believe that some @#$%& only paid $85 to be in here?"

To which I replied,
"What would you say if I told you that I was one of those @#$%&?!"

True story.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 30, 2019 17:12

glmmr_twn
slewan

I tell NO-One what I pay for anything.confused smiley

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: May 30, 2019 17:28

Are there currently IORR shirts one can purchase?

Date: May 30, 2019 17:47

glmmr_twn
slewan

well, in the days of 'dynamic pricing' it's a quite obvious topic

Date: May 30, 2019 18:22

slewan
glmmr_twn
slewan

well, in the days of 'dynamic pricing' it's a quite obvious topic

Would never discuss money.. but celebrating a LD "winner" isn't that.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 30, 2019 18:53

Kurt
glmmr_twn
slewan

Guy in the pit leaned over to me and said that his wife better appreciate what he had spent on the tickets followed up by...
"Can you believe that some @#$%& only paid $85 to be in here?"

To which I replied,
"What would you say if I told you that I was one of those @#$%&?!"

True story.

That's funny. smiling smiley

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: May 30, 2019 23:34

question for those that have been in pit in stadium setting......would it be ok for a 12 old in the pit? Would they be able to see anything? Are people in the pit jerks? Are there drunken idiots in the pit that still think its 1969? Any thoughts from anyone???

Date: May 31, 2019 00:03

Gaetzi
Are there currently IORR shirts one can purchase?

Out in the shed, Bjornulf’s garage in Norway. He’s getting around to it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 31, 2019 00:13

question for those that have been in pit in stadium setting

yeah a 12yr old would be safe …. most have paid
the bucks ta see Theeee Stones …. never seen any trouble ….

ROCKMAN

Date: May 31, 2019 00:26

mjmjr
Are people in the pit jerks? Are there drunken idiots in the pit that still think its 1969?

My guess: 40 percent pit jerks, 20 percent drunken idiots that still thinks it's 1969 and 40 percent normal people. Stick to the normal ones...

Date: May 31, 2019 00:54

mjmjr
question for those that have been in pit in stadium setting......would it be ok for a 12 old in the pit? Would they be able to see anything? Are people in the pit jerks? Are there drunken idiots in the pit that still think its 1969? Any thoughts from anyone???

Being able to see would be my main concern.
Would probably shoot for more towards the back of the pit for a little breathing room or the catwalk rail etc. as it gets a little pushy up front...

Date: May 31, 2019 01:08

mjmjr
question for those that have been in pit in stadium setting......would it be ok for a 12 old in the pit?

problem might be that pit means standing for 2-3 hours

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: June 4, 2019 01:34

MisterDDDD
mjmjr

Would probably shoot for more towards the back of the pit for a little breathing room or the catwalk rail etc. as it gets a little pushy up front...
Should be fine if you stay at the back. The stage is pretty high. Higher than most stages, bit it gets lower towards the end of the catwalk.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: June 4, 2019 01:34

MisterDDDD
mjmjr

Should be fine if you stay at the back. The stage is pretty high. Higher than most stages, bit it gets lower towards the end of the catwalk.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 4, 2019 02:28

Rockman
…. once ya been in the Pit..
there's no other place you'll wanna be …..

so true, but sometimes you find, when you can't get what you want, you have to settle for what you need >grinning smiley<

Date: June 4, 2019 02:38

You might need one of these to be able
to see anything down in the pit:

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2019 07:40

so true, but sometimes you find, when you can't get what you want, you have to settle for what you need

you mean like a chair on Keef's side of the stage ………

ROCKMAN

Date: June 4, 2019 07:59

Rockman
so true, but sometimes you find, when you can't get what you want, you have to settle for what you need

you mean like a chair on Keef's side of the stage ………

I just need a reason.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: June 4, 2019 10:00

I snatched a Pit ticket in Berlin last year. Arrived in the Pit about ten minutes prior to the Stones' appearance. There was plenty of space and I gained a very good position from which I saw everybody on stage being close enough to see the boys.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 4, 2019 10:44

I’ve been on the rail a few times but when the pit has been relatively quiet. When it’s been packed I head towards the back as I need room to move, I can’t stand being cramped together and then fighting your way back if you leave your spot for whatever reason. You can be almost in the pit if you position yourself towards the end of the stage in Gold Circle. Had equally brilliant nights in the Pit and Gold Circle.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 4, 2019 14:03

Some of the Gold Circle experiences were better than pit . I've seen people leave the pit and move back for a better view and less pushing. Unfortunately the US and German shows have floor seating behind the pit which IMHO kills the atmosphere . We left the seated area in Berlin and moved back to GA.

sc uk

Date: June 4, 2019 17:36

maybe the most important advice is: Although the pit experience is great, it surely not worthwhile paying $500+ for it

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 4, 2019 18:03

slewan
maybe the most important advice is: Although the pit experience is great, it surely not worthwhile paying $500+ for it

Spot on. I never have and never will. I refuse ever to pay more than 150GBP/170EUR/200USD to see the Stones (or anyone else) from any section. At London 1 2012, I set myself a maximum price of £100 and didn't buy until prices fell and that meant missing the 1st 4 songs. I was ready to turn and go home.

Date: June 4, 2019 18:08

grzegorz67
slewan

Spot on. I never have and never will. I refuse ever to pay more than 150GBP/170EUR/200USD to see the Stones (or anyone else) from any section. At London 1 2012, I set myself a maximum price of £100 and didn't buy until prices fell and that meant missing the 1st 4 songs. I was ready to turn and go home.

Didn't prices fall more after 4 songs? I mean, anything is better than £0 for the seller after all...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 4, 2019 18:15

Maybe we should point out that you don't always have to endure nasty experiences in the pit and its usually not too difficult to steer clear...

...otherwise is starting look like the best pit advice is "wait for the DVD"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-04 18:19 by Spud.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home