Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Pit advices
Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: May 29, 2019 16:07

I'm just wondering if anyone has any PIT advice, such as how early to get there to claim a decent area, best areas to stand, is it easy to sneak someone in there? lol. If you have any advice or something to add. let me know.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-16 22:10 by bv.

Re: PIT ADVICE
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 29, 2019 16:43

no need to show up early – there's plenty of space in the pit. Don't stand too close to the rails. Otherwise you won't see Charlie.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 29, 2019 16:47

Farther back down the catwalk is my sweet spot. No rush, just go there when the doors open.

Date: May 29, 2019 16:53

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-29 16:54 by JDSAM1994.

Date: May 29, 2019 16:54

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-29 16:57 by JDSAM1994.

Date: May 29, 2019 16:57

slewan
no need to show up early – there's plenty of space in the pit. Don't stand too close to the rails. Otherwise you won't see Charlie.

Great Thanks! I have the luxury of being 6,5 so maybe I could see some of Charlie!

Date: May 29, 2019 17:00

Topi
Farther back down the catwalk is my sweet spot. No rush, just go there when the doors open.

Thanks! What about getting there like an Hour or 45 min before the show starts?

Date: May 29, 2019 17:11

You'll be good if you go in before the opening act. After they are on it gets crowded. There's always room in the back though.

Date: May 29, 2019 17:14

Topi
You'll be good if you go in before the opening act. After they are on it gets crowded. There's always room in the back though.

Sounds good thanks! Do we know yet who any of the openers are?

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: May 29, 2019 17:16

slewan
Though close to the rail is fun, you can make fun with Ronnie smiling smiley Sometimes he eats bananas.

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 29, 2019 17:27

JDSAM1994
slewan

Great Thanks! I have the luxury of being 6,5 so maybe I could see some of Charlie!

Standing directly behind me will be your best position then...
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 29, 2019 17:39

Kurt
JDSAM1994
slewan

Standing directly behind me will be your best position then...
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Hahaha! Thats what everybody says when i'm near. Will you be at the 6/21 show?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 29, 2019 17:41

Stand in the midst, ronnies side is best. Gold circle is good too.
Jeroen

Date: May 29, 2019 17:45

runrudolph
Jeroen

There is no Gold Circle in the US.

Date: May 29, 2019 17:49

runrudolph
Jeroen

I’m in Keith’s side Pit 2. What was the gold circle?

Date: May 29, 2019 17:57

JDSAM1994
runrudolph
Jeroen

I’m in Keith’s side Pit 2. What was the gold circle?

It was the standing room area behind the pit at most European shows save Germany. But most of the field will be assigned seats this year in the US. You've got GA all the way back, seats in between and the two pits up front. There is no Gold Circle this year.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 29, 2019 19:50

comfortable shoes

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: May 29, 2019 22:32

The staging for this tour is very high, so if you're in front at the rail, you won't see Charlie. You'll see Keith, Mick, and Ronnie when they stand over you. Lots of picks will be thrown at you. If you really want a good view you have to be in the back. The stage doesn't vary at different venues either. Always high. In stadiums, in arenas. I've seen this tour 10 times and tried a few spots in the Pit and have found where I like to stand.

Date: May 29, 2019 23:07

glmmr_twn
The staging for this tour is very high, so if you're in front at the rail, you won't see Charlie. You'll see Keith, Mick, and Ronnie when they stand over you. Lots of picks will be thrown at you. If you really want a good view you have to be in the back. The stage doesn't vary at different venues either. Always high. In stadiums, in arenas. I've seen this tour 10 times and tried a few spots in the Pit and have found where I like to stand.

Is the stage higher than it was in 2015?

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: May 29, 2019 23:11

JDSAM1994
glmmr_twn

Seems to me it is.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 29, 2019 23:13

JDSAM1994
glmmr_twn

It was high in 2017 n 2018
Jeroen

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 30, 2019 00:31

JDSAM1994
is it easy to sneak someone in there?

Thanks!

I would hope not.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 30, 2019 01:12

JDSAM1994
glmmr_twn

Definitely, yes (at least in UK, unless they modify)
The catwalk sloped and it and the "T" stage were at least 18" lower than the main stage imo. No "T" stage this time.. but end of catwalk is a great place to be because of the lower stage as a result.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 30, 2019 02:03

Maybe it’s a modified stage (smaller)
Maybe every ‘Filter’ we keep whittling it down.

I have no ‘Pit’ advice. It’s only my 2nd USA show, and my first in 2015 chairs up to the stage.
I still couldn’t believe how smashed together we all were, good grief.
We shall see how the Americans handle their Pits, eh? ;-)
(I had Pits for Paris 2 and Twickenham)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-30 02:04 by 35love.

Date: May 30, 2019 02:31

Oh, I forgot, the Americans had Pits around a lip, Arena Tour 2013.

I was still on sabbatical/ MIA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-30 02:48 by 35love.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: May 30, 2019 03:29

US had PITS in 2012, at least at the shows I went to. I think the stadium stage height now is higher than then.

Biggest issue is how many tickets do they sell for the PIT. In 2012 it was GREAT, you could get very close without having to camp out at the front for the whole show.

Date: May 30, 2019 04:00

Oh to Pit skip my way across the USA...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 30, 2019 06:20

…. once ya been in the Pit..
there's no other place you'll wanna be …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: somegirl26 ()
Date: May 30, 2019 06:44

The "tongue pit" in 50 and Counting had no extra space in the back, because the catwalk wrapped around the entire pit, so the edge all the way around was popular. Not really any extra space in the center either. Tight, but not squashed like sardines. These were arenas not stadium shows though, so the arena tongue pit was smaller than the stadium PIT 1/PIT2 will be. My guess is 450 ppl per pit this time around, around 15 "rows" of 30 ppl each.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 30, 2019 08:13

The arena pit was good. Could make eye contact. The stadium pit with high stage doesn’t look to me like it could compare. Periscope and videos might be more comfortable. Anyone refute this?

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1207
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home