Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR posting policy
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 28, 2019 19:48

I'm gald That I asked to have post removed.

I have to pass generations. in mind that sports transcends. I even use to go to Minor League Games back in the 60s and listen to the Stones.

It was my mistake to bring up a topic, to acknowledge a great and humble player; more importantly his human existence and passing.

Once realizing my thoughtless post mentioning my fav competitors was not called for.

Stones fans cross many generations, including sports, other music.....

I was the first one to have my own post removed. My thoughts go out to family members and BOSOX fans. Boston is a great city. No Doubt -

God Bless us all.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-28 20:54 by bv.

Re: I'm gald That I asked to have post removed.
Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 28, 2019 20:02

I thought it was a good post Chris.

maybe you should have posted about Babe Ruth instead.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 28, 2019 20:04

Chris, I'm 43 and born in raised in IL. Growing up with 12 channels, the summer time meant the Chicago Cubs on WGN. I wore #22 from tee ball at age 5 all through 8th grade all because Bill Buckner was my all time favorite Cub. I have an autographed ball that I got from him in St. Louis when I was 6 years old. It still sits proudly displayed. I was glad you made a thread for him, shocked at the response it got when every Tom Dick and Harry seems to get a RIP thread on here and was sad that it was taken down before I could comment.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 28, 2019 20:08

class act Mr. Buckner

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: May 28, 2019 20:12

Chris Fountain
I was the first one to have my own post removed. My thoughts go out to family members and BOSOX fans. Boston is a great city. No Doubt -

God Bless us all.

Maybe just sleep it off?
confused smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2019 20:13

RIP Bill Buckner.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 28, 2019 20:18

it’s all good CF

Buckner catch

Date: May 28, 2019 20:30

Date: May 28, 2019 20:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-01 20:43 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 28, 2019 20:50

DandelionPowderman
[iorr.org]

Again I have already apologized for the post, and have apologized to other members because my favorite team was from the 60;'s ., which I does not impact a passing.

I have publicly apologized, and for you attack me, harass me is at this point is purehatred.

You have done this before and it hurts me because I have always respected and even asked about you when you were down and out. It is not fair when I care for others and get cyberbullied like this. I am very sad now because I thought I did the right . thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-28 20:58 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 28, 2019 20:53

I posted this on the thread in question:

Re: RIP Bill Buckner Red Sox Class /Act
Posted by: bv
Date: May 28, 2019 16:48

If you want to discuss football then start a separate OT i.e. Off Topic thread with that, and beware of the fact that it may be deleted, if there are too many OT threads on IORR.

If you want to pay tribute to a person who have passed away at this moment of time, then start a thread about that, and please do not start any discussions to politics, football or other matters when people have passed away. RIP means Rest In Peace. The person in question is not around anymore, unable to comment. RIP threads are not supposed to go wild, bananas, political and so on.

Bjornulf

Re: IORR posting policy
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: May 28, 2019 21:00

Chris, you're a class act. Ignore the critics and move on.

Date: May 28, 2019 21:12

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-01 20:44 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 28, 2019 21:15

DaveG
Chris, you're a class act. Ignore the critics and move on.

Thanks! That made a big difference -I'm no longer young must keep praying for others and try - sometimes not successful for others!! I will not stop loving others and the great music brought to this room such as Rockman, yourself, Hairball. GL Street. Even Weather is covered - and Hopkins

I get chastised all the time It's ok and have been a loyal member since 2003 - Records, I think, don't go back that far.

I just want to say that now I',m very depressed. But long live Sports, Rock md a good lay with wife.Our own wife that is.

Date: May 28, 2019 21:17

A further explanation:

Some times threads seems to be messed up. Then it is normally reported, and I look into it. I don't have all day to look into every thread and every case and every post. It would take hours, and as you all know, IORR is advertisement free, you are guests on a place I moderate in my spare time.

If you feel offended by a random post or thread being deleted or closed, then simply look into the links of the following page, as referenced on the IORR home page:

Forum links
of interest

There you will find several threads related to IORR Posting Policy easily including this one:

IORR posting policy

Bjornulf

Date: May 28, 2019 21:19

Also, please do not take any moderation personally. I do it quick and do not even look at the name/nick of the person who posted or started the thread.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-29 00:06 by bv.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 28, 2019 21:25

Chris Fountain-There is a 99% chance I will be wearing my Chicago Cubs #22 Buckner jersey to Chicago night 1!

Date: May 28, 2019 21:39

I agree. May I please offer this recommendation? If a post becomes a potential non-constructive debate over music, sports whatever the topic, Simply Delete?
n
We as human beings all make mistakes In my case, in an earlier thread I did not consider the families of the deceased (Mr Buckner) RIP and made it a sports thread history. I pray for his families.

Of Course I e-mailed staff and apologized. I did not say anything derogarotory. I simply got off course,

This is why I reported my own self - despite good intentions It was the right thing to do.

Very Respectfully-

Chris

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 29, 2019 00:06

bv
Also, please take any moderation personally. I do it quick and do not even look at the name/nick of the person who posted or started the thread.

Umm, bv...
Do you mean "... do not take any moderation personally..." ?

Date: May 29, 2019 00:09

I am sorry if I messed up something today, it was not intentionally. I am blinded by too few days until tour start now.

Bjornulf

Date: May 29, 2019 00:10

schillid
bv
Also, please take any moderation personally. I do it quick and do not even look at the name/nick of the person who posted or started the thread.

Umm, bv...
Do you mean "... do not take any moderation personally..." ?

Correct. Please do not take any moderation personally... Call it a typo, or a test if you are sober... I am sober.

Bjornulf

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: May 29, 2019 01:00

I love that this board has a moderator and that they posters are so civil.
As for Buckner, I was a teenager in Chicago when we traded for him. He brought a level of class and professionalism to the team.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 29, 2019 01:08

very decent folks with heart here; showing respect for themselves and each other; i'm just a lurker on this one but pleased with the humanity and mutual kindnesses.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home