Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Spice Girls 2019 Tour Premiere
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 26, 2019 14:47

While we're waiting for the RS US tour to start another industry giant, The Spice Girls, premiered their 2019 tour in Ireland yesterday. Sold out, although there were complaints about expensive tickets.
70,000 screaming fans in Croke Park, Dublin. Apparently there were complaints about the bad sound which the band acknowledged afterwards. Here is an audience video from the gig:
[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Spice Girls 2019 Tour Premiere
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 26, 2019 15:25

That's quite a crowd...amazing that they can still pull audiences like that.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 26, 2019 15:43

maybe the sound was actually perfect? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 26, 2019 15:50

Bill Wyman is going to be delighted! >grinning smiley<

"I like talent so I don't like the Spice Girls" he said in the 90's.

Date: May 26, 2019 16:11

In times of #Metoo - take a look at this clip with Mel B. Talk about being exposed on live TV...
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 26, 2019 17:16

Stoneage
In times of #Metoo - take a look at this clip with Mel B. Talk about being exposed on live TV...
[www.youtube.com]

Louis Walsh (the chap ‘patting’ her backside) is gay. He thought it amusing; she didn’t.

Date: May 26, 2019 17:28

Thanks Big Al, didn't know that. That makes it less awkward I guess...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 26, 2019 19:45

keefriff99

There's no limit to how much the general public loves nostalgia. Bravo to the girls for reveling it in, sad for the the people that make these then exorbitant prices for a ridiculous product the norm. Its not even all 5 of them and my roommate is flying to Scotland to see them. Absolutely bonkers to me.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 26, 2019 19:59

quite cheap ticket prices (GA 77 GBP, pit: 200 GBP)

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 26, 2019 21:06

I’d go in a heartbeat if I had the money. I love them. It just feels strange without Victoria.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 26, 2019 21:11

People go to a Spice Girls show and complain about 'bad sound'? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 26, 2019 21:58

Stoneage
Thanks Big Al, didn't know that. That makes it less awkward I guess...

i don't think that excuses him patting her like a recalcitrant horse being shown off at the Fair. Good for her for directly pointing it out.
hey, it's Equal Rights, not 'special rights' for those who claim same-sex partners. Or is it? Can you just 'claim' it and not have to 'do' it, cuz
there's a LOT of girls at the beach that could use a prolonged but gentle kinda spanky poo. I'd like to get down with it; I think I'm at least a couple of those rainbow colors that has to be more responsible about the way I treat my entertainment staff in public, but I'm willing to supply very gentle physical encouragement and body language directions; perhaps the slightest yank on the bridle now and again. Not enough to draw blood. They are just friendly pats right on the bottom of someone's ass, after all. No biggie if you're gay I guess.
Like that doesn't disrespect all demographics of decent people.

I like them; they are sold as likable; i don't have their records;
they're no Abba with real crushing hits, for example; at least for me in
my generation of pop listener, tho i still listen somewhat....
...the TV star one here; is bright and soulful it seems; I enjoyed her
the few times I've seen clips her; i don't know their music or hits
but I'm sure they have a huge gay following of men and women; because
they represent female power group in sales in promotion; and are probably
pretty hard working when they pulled that off...I don't see how this would not offend women and men who are gay and into gay-centric issues and politics either, tho I look for more diverse components in a candidacy tho those concerns as they effect Human Rights and Equal Rights is always a sensitive concern I'll study up upon during a campaign cycle....
it's wrong; i'm not saying lock the cat up; i don't have reason to think he intentionally meant to be disrespectful but know nothing about him.
He did NOT have the decency to apologize and take his arm away from her;
so I don't like this cat and i don't like his response once this brave beauty
expressed proper outrage. Brilliant the way she tapped the Announcer and leaned over him by instinct; just wanting to show what had been obviously happening for an extended time, frustrating her....that's my take anyway....i'm glad you posted it, thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-26 22:05 by hopkins.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 27, 2019 14:25

I didn't really pay attention to them first time round though I always thought Wannabe was a really great pop song. This thread prompted me to check it out from this latest tour and whilst the sound is certainly poor it's great fun and they are very professional and energetic. Looks like people had a good time.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 27, 2019 14:34

RollingFreak
keefriff99

There's no limit to how much the general public loves nostalgia. Bravo to the girls for reveling it in, sad for the the people that make these then exorbitant prices for a ridiculous product the norm. Its not even all 5 of them and my roommate is flying to Scotland to see them. Absolutely bonkers to me.

...like The Stones, then ?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 27, 2019 15:03

The Golden Spice Girls, meanwhile?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 27, 2019 15:05

Is it pure play back, at the most the Spice Girls singing?
No band or?

Date: May 27, 2019 16:28

Panem et circenses. Nihil sub sole novum est...

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: May 27, 2019 16:37

who?

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 27, 2019 16:53

Complaining about the sound at a spice girls show is like saying the food was lousy at a restaurant and complaining that the portions were too small.

And it makes no difference that the guy is gay. Zero. Its no less offensive to the recipient

Date: May 27, 2019 16:58

Rokyfan
Complaining about the sound at a spice girls show is like saying the food was lousy at a restaurant and complaining that the portions were too small.

And it makes no difference that the guy is gay. Zero. Its no less offensive to the recipient

I wasn’t suggesting it did make a difference. I was merely making the point for stoneage’s benefit.

Date: May 27, 2019 17:01

I liked the Spice Girls when I was 13, but to see them live would be a nostalgia-step too far. Their hits sound incredibly dated to my ears.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 27, 2019 17:29

mtaylor
Is it pure play back, at the most the Spice Girls singing?
No band or?

They are absolutely singing live. The band are somewhere at the back of the stage like the Stones side band.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 27, 2019 17:40

Stoneage
[www.youtube.com]

I thought that clip was funny. I'm sure Mel B was not offended by Louis Walsh. They know each other well.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: May 27, 2019 21:44

Expensive tickets for a nostalgia show? Hmmm sounds familiar

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 28, 2019 00:58

MononoM
who?

Oh just the highest selling female group of all time.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 28, 2019 03:58

i never thought i would see the day, we have rolling stones fans wanting to go to spice girls concerts.

well if thats the case we need to start a setlist moan thread.

god help them if they play miss you, its only rock and roll, sympathy for the devil for the 6th hundredth time, or if their guitars are out of tune, or just out of the stadium completely.

and who will be supporting this musical extravaganza, the who, zeppelin, queen maybe.

and who will be the guest musicians, jagger, ronnie, mick taylor, just hope the band are sober and drug free for a change.

should be an interesting tour,

they could release spice girls 20 licks after its all over.

then dig into the vaults,see what live stuff they have that may be worth releasing.

pity victoria cant be there, shes probably doing what she does best, making money for little work done.

Date: May 28, 2019 07:00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-28 07:27 by hopkins.

Date: May 28, 2019 07:10

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-28 07:27 by hopkins.

Date: May 28, 2019 07:25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-28 07:27 by hopkins.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 28, 2019 07:58

Stoneage
While we're waiting for the RS US tour to start another industry giant, The Spice Girls, premiered their 2019 tour in Ireland yesterday. Sold out, although there were complaints about expensive tickets.
70,000 screaming fans in Croke Park, Dublin. Apparently there were complaints about the bad sound which the band acknowledged afterwards. Here is an audience video from the gig:
[www.youtube.com]

I just went to Ireland a few months ago (to see Therapy? 4 nights in a row) and was thinking of going right back for this since there are no U.S. dates. Even with You Tube clips I could sell how the sound might have failed to reach some parts of the crowd effectively.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home